Thread: Do you think that the Stinkor Forearm issue will adversely affect DoS numbers?

Do you think that the Stinkor Forearm issue will adversely affect DoS numbers?

the subs are locked in, but do you think that DoS will be stagnant??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Nope. He's Stinkor. He stinks. I think he'll sell out quickly.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

yeah, nothing has stopped a figure from selling well.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Nope. He's Stinkor. He stinks. I think he'll sell out quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    yeah, nothing has stopped a figure from selling well.
    I agree. I think he will sell out quickly.

I think he would sell out pretty fast even if they totally messed everything up and painted him orange, gave him black and white armor, and called him "Smelly" instead of Stinkor.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

No, no I do not! Despite all the frustration about his forearmes, I think his sell out will be just as fast as it would be if they were not reversed. I also think most people on here who said they will not get him because of it will end up getting him. They will just take him out of their collection shots before posting pictures so none of us know.

Maybe only slightly? like instead of 24 hours it might be 24 hours and 30 minutes or something. Probably not enough to really notice.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Day of sale, no, potential subscribers for next year, maybe.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Stinkor will fly off the virtual shelf! Stinkor is a high demand figure.

Maybe a few of the extremely vocal, yet extremely small (in the scale of things) folks will not buy Stinkor over this latest "disaster."

I can't wait until the SDCC reveals, so people have something new to talk about.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Nope. As much as I dislike the forearm reversal, he's still a perfect base for a custom I want to do. I could see people buying an extra as back up in case their own attempts to fix Mattel's mistake backfire.

The most recent example of a similar figure would be Kobra Khan - a vintage figure that comes with a second 200x head. (Fisto too, but KK's a villain as well, so he's a better comparison). I'd expect Stinkor to sell out as fast as Kobra Khan.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Im buying another on sale day to display as 200X Stinkor. Everyone has an opinion concerning Stinkgate 2012 and heres mine..."HE LOOKS FINE". His arms are all black and there are white stripes painted over the forearm, so its kinda hard to notice. Besides, I think the issue will blow over when everyone has him in hand and reviews of the June figures pop up. That way people can move on and nitpick Snake Man-At-Arms' horrible loincloth texture.
    So no way. I bet he sells out in a couple of hours.
    Last edited by NastyNate; April 25, 2012 at 01:14pm.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't believe that it won't sell out, but it might take a little bit more to do so.

You never know, but I didn't got myself a King Hsss or Roboto because I don't care about defective product, though I really like Stinkor alot. I'd be willing to pick up this Stinker figure but I would only display him after I get him repaired.

But I will not be getting a sub next year like I was planning, mainly due to this kind of issues.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    The most recent example of a similar figure would be Kobra Khan - a vintage figure that comes with a second 200x head. (Fisto too, but KK's a villain as well, so he's a better comparison). I'd expect Stinkor to sell out as fast as Kobra Khan.
    No disrespect intended, but how exactly is KK's second head 200X?

snakemen1.jpg

The forarm swap though unnessesary doesn't look horrible so it shouldn't affect too many day of sale purchases. Although The subs are sold which paid for stinkor so as scott says "day of sale is just gravy"

It will sell. Even with all the QC, shipping, and CS issues; these figures will sell. They could be made with plastics that react to one another, and they would still sell.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    the subs are locked in, but do you think that DoS will be stagnant??
    Good question. I think it may affect sell out times but only if they produced a large number of Stinkors. It would be similar to King Hsssss (if it does affect DoS) and how he kind of sat around and then ended up being included in a Mad Matty Monday blind box sale.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

No way. Even a misassembled Stinkor is still essential.

As long as a character is well loved, people will buy it, no matter how badly it turned out. I think that the Sorceress is one of the worst executed figures in the line, but as an A-list character I still had to have her.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Not in the slightest.

As annoying as I find Stinkor's misassembled parts, it's really not that noticable to cause much loss of sales.

I think the impact on day of sales numbers will be minimal. It's the longer term impact that is a concern. Why subscribe next year if you will be forced into purchasing any defective products Mattel makes? Given their track record it seems likely there will be entire production runs with issues (e.g. reversed parts and deteriorating materials) and no attempt to offer real solutions to their customers. Mattel may be incompetent but at least they are consistent. Pretty cool, huh!

Well considering that Scott always stated that the Sub sales is what keeps the line going. The DOS will not be an issue. But I wouldn't be surprised that if miraculous that he sells out quickly! So will it be a real sell out or one of Matty's pulling the figure to make it look like one?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior
    A little thing like reversed body parts never hindered sales before. Besides, TG already made it clear that there is nothing wrong with the figure --- Our minds are at ease knowing that Stinkor's asthetics were all part of the plan. ...and if you believe that, I have a Castle Grayskull to sell you.
    Last edited by mekaneckpain; April 27, 2012 at 07:32pm.