Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which POP characters do you think are the most important?

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar

Which POP characters do you think are the most important?

I'm not asking 'which are your favourite characters' - but as the title suggests, which one's do you think should be released before others and why?

I'm not going to include any Horde members as they get their own releases.

So for me I'd have to include the members of the Rebellion who appeared more prominently throughout the series. I'm also going to include characters who received a vintage figure before one's that didn't.

*Glimmer
    *Castaspella
    *Queen Angella
    *Flutterina
    *Mermista
    *Peekablue
    *Perfuma
    *Double Trouble
    *Spinerella
    *Netossa
    *Sweet Bee
    *Kowl
    *Loo-Kee

Now the one's who I think are equally important who didn't receive a vintage figure are

*Madame Razz
    *Broom
    *Sea Hawk
    *Twiggets

Then there are minor characters who I personally would like to see in plastic form

*Granita
    *Hunga the Harpy
    *General Sunder
    *Red Knight

Who else would you LIKE to see?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Personally, I let my daughters take the POP figures, and they would kill for a Madame Razz

I want the POP figures for ME

Glimmer is the logical choice as "who should be released next" but I'd be happy with any of ladies of the Great Rebellion.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Glimmer is the logical choice as "who should be released next" but I'd be happy with any of ladies of the Great Rebellion.
    Glimmer is definitely the logical choice. But as you say, I'd be happy with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Under_Miner View Post
    Personally, I let my daughters take the POP figures, and they would kill for a Madame Razz
    Love it!

The following order is how I rank the remaining Great Rebellion members based on my perceptions from the cartoon:
    Glimmer
    Kowl
    Madame Razz
    Twiggets
    Angella
    Castaspella
    Sea Hawk
    Mermista
    Netossa
    Peakablue
    Perfuma
    Sweet Bee
    Flutterina
    Spinnerella
    Double Trouble

Double Trouble at the bottom :-( But I see what you mean, seeing as she wasn't even in the cartoon. But she's amazing.

I think it's important to spread the gals out a bit, and would probably- after Frosta- do someone a bit on the obscure side like Double Trouble. Not only because she's one of my most-wanted, but because she fits a few categories- a classic PoP figure, a figure that bears the distinction of having never once appeared in a Filmation episode even though she was a Wave One figure, a female Rebellion member, a Horde member, and a figure with a familiar action feature- the Man-E-Faces gimmick of her having two faces (or would they just give her two different heads? One good, one evil?). As a MOTUC action figure, I think the Four Horsemen would knock her out of the park. Her classic toy lacked any accessories, so the 4H would have free reign over what to include with her. And we don't know a heck of a lot about her, which kind of leaves her bio wide open too. There's a lot of possibility and she doesn't have any baggage (i.e. a mini-comic origin vs. cartoon episode backstory or whatnot).

After her, then I would switch back to a "heavy hitter" for the next PoP character to be released in the line. I would do Madame Razz and Broom. A long-requested Filmation character brought to life for the first time as an action figure, with an accessory that's actually another character itself. She's sure to please a lot of old-time fans and though she requires pretty much 100% new tooling, you would then follow her up with someone who does not...

Like Glimmer. Pretty much "the Ram Man" of PoP in terms of her popularity and that whole "long time coming" thing, Glimmer would follow Madame Razz & Broom, much to fans' excitement I'm sure. Though she would require some new pieces, most likely some of those pieces would be reused for her mother- Angella (bodice, boots, arm bands, etc). But her buck itself would probably be the female 2.0 buck with already existing thigh and arm pieces. A relatively cheap figure for Mattel to do and a nice counter to Madame Razz in the tooling dollars dept.

After her, Wave 2 of the classic PoP line is long overdue for some representation, and everybody loves a mermaid, so I would bring Mermista into the fold next.

Followed by Castaspella... an important and powerful character, Shadow Weaver's longtime enemy, an awesome Wave One figure.

Netossa. One of the rarer Wave Three figures that could be made into quite a powerful warrior in the new cannon. Also our only black female character! She also shares a lot of parts with Peekablue...

Sea Hawk. Mixing it up a bit would be another male Rebellion member who could come with quite a few accessories and we've already got the boots and gloves via Snout Spout, plus the basic male buck... it shouldn't be too hard for Mattel to bring this Filmation character to life sooner than later.

Kowl, Loo-Kee, and Imp. I think I would do these three as a beast slot release with various accessories/artifacts or transformations for Imp.

Spinnerella. The rarest classic figure of them all. Her outfit would present a challenge, but I'm confident the 4H would find a way to make her work. The classic toy used pretty much the whole of the Flutterina body if I'm not mistaken...

Peekablue. One of my most-wanted... who doesn't love a peacock warrior gal? She's got a great design and color scheme and would be quite eye-catching on the shelf.

Queen Angella. The last of the Wave One heavy-hitters would elicit a collective "FINALLY!" from the fans and no doubt she would be a hot seller. Also had no accessories as a classic toy so the Horsemen could have a field day coming up with kick-ass weaponry to arm her up with.

Entrapta. I certainly don't want to wait until 2017 for her, but I can understand them holding her off a bit as she was Catra's only "Evil Warrior" cohort in the classic line. They could give her a Horde emblem (preferably removable) and some articulated braids and an array of weapons- she'd be the last evil female toy character from any of the classic toy lines to get a new figure update. After her, they would have to move on to Filmation's evil females such as Octavia or Shokoti, or NA's Critta to mine for new evil female figures.

Sweet Bee. A figure from one of the more exciting PoP episodes in Season 2 and Wave Two of the classic toy line. She's long-awaited, winged, and they could do two different heads for her... and Buzz-Off needs his female counterpart! Sweet Bee is also essentially Double Trouble from the waist down, and classic toy Catra from the waist up... so there's that nice reuse of parts again...

Flutterina. I see her and Perfuma as being two of the more trickier ones to get the casual fan to purchase, so I'm (perhaps unfairly) dumping them at the tail end "of the line". Flutterina has potential, but...

Perfuma. I know I'd probably buy her, especially if they stick closely to the classic toy design (with the flower bazooka back-pack!) rather than her more annoying-to-look-at (and listen-to) Filmation version. But again, I can't really see too many people thinking "WOW!" when they see her in the line-up and worry that because she might not sell well, it's probably best to stick her at the tail end of the line-up.

As for Twiggets. I'm not a fan, but I know many people are- but I do seem as being a quarterly beast slot type of release with several of them in one package vs. solo blister card releases.
    Last edited by zodak74; April 25, 2012 at 11:08am.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I think it's important to spread the gals out a bit, and would probably- after Frosta- do someone a bit on the obscure side like Double Trouble. Not only because she's one of my most-wanted, but because she fits a few categories- a classic PoP figure, a figure that bears the distinction of having never once appeared in a Filmation episode even though she was a Wave One figure, a female Rebellion member, a Horde member, and a figure with a familiar action feature- the Man-E-Faces gimmick of her having two faces (or would they just give her two different heads? One good, one evil?). As a MOTUC action figure, I think the Four Horsemen would knock her out of the park. Her classic toy lacked any accessories, so the 4H would have free reign over what to include with her. And we don't know a heck of a lot about her, which kind of leaves her bio wide open too. There's a lot of possibility and she doesn't have any baggage (i.e. a mini-comic origin vs. cartoon episode backstory or whatnot).

After her, then I would switch back to a "heavy hitter" for the next PoP character to be released in the line. I would do Madame Razz and Broom. A long-requested Filmation character brought to life for the first time as an action figure, with an accessory that's actually another character itself. She's sure to please a lot of old-time fans and though she requires pretty much 100% new tooling, you would then follow her up with someone who does not...

Like Glimmer. Pretty much "the Ram Man" of PoP in terms of her popularity and that whole "long time coming" thing, Glimmer would follow Madame Razz & Broom, much to fans' excitement I'm sure. Though she would require some new pieces, most likely some of those pieces would be reused for her mother- Angella (bodice, boots, arm bands, etc). But her buck itself would probably be the female 2.0 buck with already existing thigh and arm pieces. A relatively cheap figure for Mattel to do and a nice counter to Madame Razz in the tooling dollars dept.

After her, Wave 2 of the classic PoP line is long overdue for some representation, and everybody loves a mermaid, so I would bring Mermista into the fold next.

Followed by Castaspella... an important and powerful character, Shadow Weaver's longtime enemy, an awesome Wave One figure.

Netossa. One of the rarer Wave Three figures that could be made into quite a powerful warrior in the new cannon. Also our only black female character!

Sea Hawk. Mixing it up a bit would be another male Rebellion member who could come with quite a few accessories and we've already got the boots and gloves via Snout Spout, plus the basic male buck... it shouldn't be too hard for Mattel to bring this Filmation character to life sooner than later.

Kowl, Loo-Kee, and Imp. I think I would do these three as a beast slot release with various accessories/artifacts or transformations for Imp.

Spinnerella. The rarest classic figure of them all. Her outfit would present a challenge, but I'm confident the 4H would find a way to make her work.

Peekablue. One of my most-wanted... who doesn't love a peacock warrior gal? She's got a great design and color scheme and would be quite eye-catching on the shelf.

Queen Angella. The last of the Wave One heavy-hitters would elicit a collective "FINALLY!" from the fans and no doubt she would be a hot seller. Also had no accessories as a classic toy so the Horsemen could have a field day coming up with kick-ass weaponry to arm her up with.

Entrapta. I certainly don't want to wait until 2017 for her, but I can understand them holding her off a bit as she was Catra's only "Evil Warrior" cohort in the classic line. They could give her a Horde emblem (preferably removable) and some articulated braids and an array of weapons- she'd be the last evil female toy character from any of the classic toy lines to get a new figure update. After her, they would have to move on to Filmation's evil females such as Octavia or Shokoti, or NA's Critta to mine for new evil female figures.

Sweet Bee. A figure from one of the more exciting PoP episodes in Season 2 and Wave Two of the classic toy line. She's long-awaited, winged, and they could do two different heads for her... and Buzz-Off needs his female counterpart!

Flutterina. I see her and Perfuma as being two of the more trickier ones to get the casual fan to purchase, so I'm (perhaps unfairly) dumping them at the tail end "of the line". Flutterina has potential, but...

Perfuma. I know I'd probably buy her, especially if they stick closely to the classic toy design (with the flower bazooka back-pack!) rather than her more annoying-to-look-at (and listen-to) Filmation version. But again, I can't really see too many people thinking "WOW!" when they see her in the line-up and worry that because she might not sell well, it's probably best to stick her at the tail end of the line-up.

As for Twiggets. I'm not a fan, but I know many people are- but I do seem as being a quarterly beast slot type of release with several of them in one package vs. solo blister card releases.
    Nice list :-)

For most important, I'm going with whom I think the line would feel "incomplete" without.

Glimmer, Castaspella, Queen Angella, Kowl, Madame Razz and Broom, Mantenna, Horde Troopers, and most importantly: Imp.

There are plenty of others I'd like to have: Sea Hawk, Huntara, Peek-a-blue, Flutterina,etc., but the ones above definitely feel like the main cast to me who need to be represented.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Nice list :-)
    I actually really like this list and the reasoning behind it. Good Job!!!!!!!
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Before the line ends these women need to be done imo for their standing with POP fans and importance in the overall POP world.

Glimmer
    Queen Angella
    Castaspella
    Mermista
    Scorpia
    Madame Razz

Having said that I personally would love to see Flutterina, Netossa, Entrapta, Peekablue and Octavia also make it into the line.

Give me Glimmer, then we'll worry about the rest...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I think I want Double Trouble next.

Kowl.... duh!
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Kowl.... duh!
    Him too! Just Gimme Glimmer and Kowl and THEN we worry about the rest... I mean KOWL is one of the 3 Others that share Adora's Secret... (Adam's already got his 3 others who share his secret...)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I think Glimmer, Razz, and Scorpia are the top characters from PoP that must be released, however I don't neccesarily think they need to be released right away. As long as they are on the road map someplace for the next couple of years (vintage unique characters and the Filmation only PoP characters too), that's fine with me.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I guess the following POP characters are the most important:

Glimmer / Angella/ Madame Razz (and Broom) / Castaspella / Sea Hawk

Though less important, I would like to include Scorpia / Octavia and Granita.

It's a hard thing, because if we're talking MOTUC release order important, I like their way of spreading A and "not A" figures out. Mixing it up.

So unless I just tell you my favourites, I dont care for the release order, because I respect the idea behind what they are trying to do, but the only order of release I'd care about is based purely on who are my favourite.

Mind you, for POP it seems like they are not spacing out "A" characters exactly. I dont count the Star Sisters because they were a 3 pack and didnt interfere with the monthly releases.

So I'll say that I'd rather have Glimmer & Castaspella before Frosta, and Netossa last of all ( :P ). I'll say that Filmation Sea Hawk is more important to me than anybody other than Shadow Weaver, She-Ra, Adora, Glimmer, and Bow.

I think the next character to come should be (if we ignore Sea Hawk) Castaspella, but I'd really much rather have Glimmer next.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Netossa. One of the rarer Wave Three figures that could be made into quite a powerful warrior in the new cannon. Also our only black female character! She also shares a lot of parts with Peekablue...

Sadly though I love strong black characters, Netossa is terrible. Worst character in POP. I have a long standing hatred for her execution, made stronger by virtue of the fact that the only strong black female is such a total embarrasment. So I say leave her to the end.
    Last edited by baronterror; April 25, 2012 at 12:43pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Why do you think she is an embarrassment?

My essentials (of those not produced) are the entire first wave: Angella, Castaspella, Double Trouble, Frosta, Glimmer and Kowl. Those are the ones I had when I was younger and hold a dear place in my heart.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Well I'd never have asked for a Double Trouble, but you DO make quite the argument for her.

Ultimately, though I just don't think her look and green color scheme is impressive enough to warrant putting her at the top of the To-Do list, above these A-listers:

Sea Hawk, Glimmer, Kowl, Razz, Broom, Octavia, Scorpia, Huntara and Sunder. Oh, and Adora 2.0 obviously (need to lose the skirt and add the twist-waist, and an "aloft" right hand) and Filmation Hordak (new head, canon arm attachment, proper colors, you get the drift).

Huntara and Sunder are up there because they were two of the most well-written characters on the show. They may have only three episodes between them, but they're unforgettable and really charismatic, with terrific visual designs. I definitely think Mattel would be smart to make them, as they both have major appeal, whereas the girly-er characters (Perfuma, Mermista, etc) should probably be put off for a year or two (or three!) after the whole Star Sisters debacle.

As for Angella and Casta, they're important as well as core characters, but I'm not impatient to get them the way I am with Huntara or Kowl or Hawk. They were very much background people, so I think Mattel should focus on finishing the main cast and adding in some cool "never before made!" figures.

Which POP characters do I think are most important? ALL OF THEM. I'm in this line mostly for POP, so to me, they're more important that vintage MOTU, NA, POG, 200x, minicomics, etc.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I'm of the mind that Classics needs to bolster the ranks of the Great Rebellion with some important and highly requested characters quickly and then put out some of the lesser names. I think POP hasn't established itself in the line as strongly as it needs to yet to start convincing more and more people that they might as well pick up the secondary characters since they are invested with the primary members. The first year of monthly MOTUC had all big names (except for maybe Scare Glow) and established a strong vintage base to get me on board to expand my collection with the secondary characters that started making a more prominent appearance in year two and beyond.

Give me Glimmer and Razz and Kowl and hold back on either Angella or Castaspella and then do a Double Trouble or Flutterina or Spinnerella then back to a slightly bigger name like Memista, etc.
    Last edited by urbanmyth; April 25, 2012 at 04:15pm.