Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which POP characters do you think are the most important?

I will not be happy unless every PoP figure is released in Classics. I'm also hoping to see a toy version Catra (as well as her variants) and the same for She-Ra herself. Add to them Razz, Broom, Scorpia, Octavia, Imp, Seahawk, and Sorrowful and the Twiggets and I'd be thrilled! As for other skus, I'd really like to see the horses, Seaharp, Clawdeen, Catra's cat form, and some sort of Lighthope environment item.

A great bonus for me would be the Red Knight, Hunga, and Catra's cat-men and catbirds.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Glimmer, Kowl, Madame Razz, Scorpia, Angella, Spirit, and Castaspella are essential.

I consider Sea Hawk, Mermista, Flutterina, Sweet Bee, Peekablue, Double Trouble, Entrapta, Perfuma, Netossa, Spinnerella, Octavia, and Loo-Kee to be B or C listers.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Glimmer, Kowl, Madame Razz, Scorpia, Angella, Spirit, and Castaspella are essential.

I consider Sea Hawk, Mermista, Flutterina, Sweet Bee, Peekablue, Double Trouble, Entrapta, Perfuma, Netossa, Spinnerella, Octavia, and Loo-Kee to be B or C listers.
    I would generally agree with this. I would maybe move up Sea Hawk, Entrapta, and Octavia to the A-List, but that might be because I'm a big Horde fan.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Most important: Those who had recurring/major Filmation roles as well as vintage PoP figures
    important: rest of vintage PoP figures including Double Trouble who didnt appear in Filmation as well as cool, memorable Filmation characters.
    not very important: most variants, all the damn horsies, and whatever else.

I'll take any vintage or Filmation POP.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Most important: Those who had recurring/major Filmation roles as well as vintage PoP figures
    important: rest of vintage PoP figures including Double Trouble who didnt appear in Filmation as well as cool, memorable Filmation characters.
    not very important: most variants, all the damn horsies, and whatever else.

I'll take any vintage or Filmation POP.
    i second this motion.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    i second this motion.
    I third it!
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

There are only two remaining that have any interest for me Scorpia would be nice and most important of all....... Mantenna!!! Seriously then they could maybe have pieces for Modulock.

Sadly I feel like Mantenna will be held off on due to new tooling reasons just like a Ram-Man. These two figures would complete my idea of who's important in the Horde. Maybe a Imp for measure.
    Sell me your Unnamed One, keep Son of He-Man going I need a Dare/Hero II now.

Snappy Threader
    Kowl - to go with Bow
    Madame Razz - know's Adora's secret
    Broom - Madame Razz' sidekick (likely a two pack with Razz)
    Glimmer - In nearly every media including SOTS
    Queen Angella - In nearly every media including SOTS
    Loo-Kee - In every episode
    Spirit - hey we got a Cringer (sort of)

I made my list of most important just based on their mainstream appearances (SOTS, the cartoon, magazine, books, etc.) and importance to the storyline (i.e. Madame Razz).

All of them are important.

There is Classic POP, Filmation POP, Other Media POP, and Concept POP. All together, they would create a rich cast of interesting characters.

14 Classic Toy Characters
    4 Mini-Comic Character Possibilities (Josh, Seeress, Wizardess, Catra's Cat Men)
    0 Concept Characters Remaining (The Star Sisters were the only qualifiers)
    &
    100,000 Filmation POP Characters
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

So happy to see so much love for Razz and Broom

For me the most important characters remaining are the core Filmation group that mostly resided in the whispering woods. This includes:

Glimmer
    Madame Razz
    Broom
    Kowl

I would also make a strong cases for any of the main mounts (mostly Arrow!!), Queen Angella, Loo-Kee, and the Twiggets.

Other characters like Mermista and Castaspella are not part of who I consider to be "core" POP but I love tham all and can't wait for them, along with characters who never got figures like Sea Hawk and even Sorrowful the Dragon.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Any they can get to. I would say if the line was going to end in 2013, I would reasonably want Glimmer, Angela, Scorpia, and Octavia...(I DO NOT want a single-carded Razz and Broom, would want her combined with Kowl and Lookee, and Twiggets)
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

The only "important" PoP characters are:
    She-Ra/Adora, Swift Wind/Spirit, Glimmer, Bow, Kowl, Madame Razz & Broom.

But the thing that people always forget is that the only "important" MOTU characters are:
    He-Man/Adam, Battle Cat/Cringer, Man-at-Arms, Teela, Orko, and the Sorceress.

I base this on the amount of screen time everyone had in FILMation.

Yes, I know not everyone subscribes to the "FILMation Rules!" mindset, but it IS where most of us received the largest exposure to the property. Those are also the characters most prevalent in the mini comics, save for Razz and Orko.

So for anyone to say that nobody beyond Glimmer is important to PoP, well, they may as well say Mekaneck isn't important either.

That said, I would like to see a release schedule that distributes A & B/C listers respectfully. Something like this:

Sweet Bee
    Glimmer
    Flutterina
    Double Trouble
    Peekablue
    Angella
    Perfuma
    Spinerella
    Castaspella
    Mermista
    Netossa
    Entrapta

with Loo-Kee and Kowl being included somewhere along the line in multi-packs. The two Catra variants and one remaining She-Ra variant should be released at a rate of one per year.

Madame Razz, Scorpia, Sea Hawk, Octavia, etc should also be sprinkled in with an equal ration of MOTU FILMation characters.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    It's nice to see lots of love for POP - lets hope TG sees this and realises that there are alot of POP fans who want to see their favourite characters in MOTUC.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    They all have such specialized talents 'in the field' that their importance depends on the situation, so I don't want to submit a hierarchical list. That being said, I offer the following ones whom I find particularly important to the POP story (excepting the ones already released/announced):

GLIMMER - she's in practically every episode of the series, and she will number amongst Etheria's rulers one day. She's also Adora's best (female) friend, and she's powerful to boot.

QUEEN ANGELLA - She's like Queen Marlena and the Sorceress rolled into one (and not just because of the wings): she's powerful physically and magically, and she's a just ruler. Oh, and she's not afraid to her her hot-pink-and-blue togs dirty in a fight.

MADAME RAZZ - One of the core character if for no other reason than she knows The Secret (somehow). In many respects, she strikes me being what the MOTUC line has tried to make Orko into: someone who was once powerful, occasionally gets spells mixed up, but overall knows a hella lot more than she lets on!

NETOSSA - She's a kick-ass Black woman with blue hair. Need I say more?

CASTASPELLA - We have Shadow Weaver--now we need the woman who will take her out! Seriously, she is the Teela to Shadow Weaver's Evil-Lyn. We need her to complete the set!

SCORPIA - Bottom line: She. Was. Fierce! She had no qualms takin' on "muscle man" He-Man, nor was she worried about stepping on Catra's paws. Also, she was clearly important enough to Hordak to warrant her own digs (Scorpion Hill, which even appears on the MOTUC map of Etheria)--the only other two to get that honor were Catra and Shadow Weaver, and since we've received both of them...!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    TIER 1: Adora/She-Ra, Bow and Glimmer are the main three. Angella, Madame Razz and the Twiggets follow up in importance.

TIER 2: Frosta, Castaspella, Sea Hawk

TIER: 3:Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Netossa, Spinerella and everyone else goes here.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

I think Casta, Glimmer, and Queen Angella are my top 3. I would really like to see Double Trouble soon
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Why do you think she is an embarrassment?
    between covering the black lady all in white as if to "counter" the blackness, and giving her such a lame "power" (net tossing?) her name is Netossa.

to me that is nearly akin to her having a brother named "Spearchukka".

Mind you, I dont expect everybody to agree, and in actuality I've noticed I'm supremely in the minority here. Also I am not trying to imply that I think she is intentionally somehow racially insensitive. Only that no matter how I try to see it, this is what is always brought to my mind when I consider her. So I wish it were otherwise, but for the reasons mentioned, I cant stand the idea or sight of her.

I'll just hope that the 4H MOTUC version is greatly interprited, which I expect it shall be. But I am certainly in no rush to have her done at all.

i want all the characters that had figures as well as characters with a lot of face time in the show, and agree with others about having a mix of A and B/C/D list characters, but... a 4H Sweet Bee?!!! i want Sweet Bee now! it is going to be freaking fantastic!

In regards to PoP, we are getting Frosta, and in regards to PoPularity she is pretty high up there. So I think for their next PoP lady it should be one of the lesser known ones like Double Trouble or my personal preference Spinnerella. And I think this pattern should repeat itself one well known character and then an obscure one. We've gotten some rather obscure characters in regards to the vintage MOTU line(Tytus, Megator and all the figures based off prototypes or designs) now it's time to spice things up with some equally obscure PoP characters. Yes we did get the Star Sisters but thats just one set.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

The latest TOP TEN MOST WANTED MOTUC poll shows:

Glimmer as most wanted Great rebellion member followed by Madame Razz, Mermista, Castapella, Sea Hawk, Angella and Peekablue.

Of course Scorpia is the highest FILMATION character and is top 3 in the poll, Glimmer is top 5 by the way!

In addition Entrapta is as demanded as Calix as they both share spot nr. 22.

So the top 5 most wanted vintage POP characters are Glimmer, Mermista, Castaspella, Angella and Peekablue (as for now).

And the top most wanted FILMATION POP characters are Scorpia, Madame Razz and Sea Hawk.

I would be happy if we get at least all those characters but i can honestly say it wouldnt feel right if characters like Flutterina, Perfuma or Sweet Bee wouldnt get made.
    Last edited by Niki; January 18, 2013 at 12:12pm.

I want them all. I really don't care who we see at NYTF but I want to see one.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I wouldn't be surprised if they gave us Castaspella and Madame Razz in 2013 and if they used Angella, Glimmer, Scorpia (or even Sea Hawk or Mermista) as a way to attract POP fans to the 2014 sub...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

LIGHT HOPE...let 4H and Matty be creative!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

As a big POP fan I'd like many of them but logic says Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Madamme Razz and Kowl should get their Classics release...
    But If you ask my preferences I'd love to have Madamme Razz, Kowl, Sea Hawk and Spinnerella.
    Let's see what Mattel and the 4HM have thought to surprise us because I want more POP to join Classics line!
    Last edited by Swifty_75; January 18, 2013 at 02:57pm.

I want a vintage toy character! Obviously I want Mermista next! However, provided we get a vintage toy character I will be okay with it.