Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which POP characters do you think are the most important?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I want a vintage toy character! Obviously I want Mermista next! However, provided we get a vintage toy character I will be okay with it.
    These are my ABSOLUTE MUST HAVES. Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Mermista, Peekablue, Kowl, Madame Razz, Sea Hawk, Scorpia, Entrapta, and Huntara.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

See for me Madame Razz & Broom, Sea Hawk, Scorpia, Huntara are all Filmation Characters.

Mermista, Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Peekablue, Perfuma, Sweet Bee, Entraptra, Spinarella, & Double Trouble, oh and Kowl are the ones that HAVE to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    See for me Madame Razz & Broom, Sea Hawk, Scorpia, Huntara are all Filmation Characters.

Mermista, Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Peekablue, Perfuma, Sweet Bee, Entraptra, Spinarella, & Double Trouble, oh and Kowl are the ones that HAVE to be done.

oh dear..... which only leaves out Flutterina and Loo-Ke who most likely would end up as an accessory any way...

so basically you want all except Flutterina

And again... as a POP fan iīm always amazed how few characters have made it so far into MOTUC !?!

From possible 16 human characters we have 5...

(and yes, i know iīm not counting the Star Sisters but they are unproduced prototypes in the vintage toy line.)
    Last edited by Niki; January 18, 2013 at 09:24pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    he man and hordak

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjor 9 View Post
    he man and hordak
    If you're not interested in POP, that's fine and totally respectable. What's not respectable, however, is coming in to an otherwise positive thread and trying to derail it. If you don't have anything constructive to add to the conversation, then at least have enough respect for your fellow community members to let them maintain a dialogue that they enjoy without having to put up with heterosexist, anti-POP ********.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    If you're not interested in POP, that's fine and totally respectable. What's not respectable, however, is coming in to an otherwise positive thread and trying to derail it. If you don't have anything constructive to add to the conversation, then at least have enough respect for your fellow community members to let them maintain a dialogue that they enjoy without having to put up with heterosexist, anti-POP ********.
    no just my 2 favs from pop

I'll limit myself to 5 picks since there may only be a couple of years left in the life of the line, and we've only gotten something like 5 POP characters total thus far. I'm basing my picks on the fact that I want the heavy hitters who are the characters seen in almost every episode as well as more male characters to balance out the Rebellion. My choices are:

1) Glimmer
    2) Kowl
    3) Madame Razz with Broom
    4) Sea Hawk
    5) Loo-Kee

I know people have mixed feelings regarding Loo-Kee, but he was in every episode and there is something about him that is just awesome to me. Maybe it's the fact that he is rocking Rastafari colors.

Scorpia
    Glimmer
    Angella
    Madame Razz & Broom
    Kowl
    Light Hope
    Sea Hawk
    Lookee
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I think I want Double Trouble next.
    Same! I hope they make her!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I'd have to say the top 5 for me are

Glimmer
    Scorpia
    Angella
    Castaspella
    Mermista

I think all the characters who were made into figures in the vintage line are important.

Female characters are cheaper to produce in this line than males, and other than Mermista, Angella, Sweet Bee, and Flutterina, there isn't a HUGE amount of tooling needed other than what most of the other figures get.

I'd love Double Trouble to have the MEF action feature, but I guess she could just have two different heads.

As for Filmation POP, the following are important to the stories, even though 1 or 2 may not have made a ton of appearances:

Scorpia
    Madame Razz / Broom
    Huntara
    Sea Hawk
    Light Hope
    General Sunder
    Inspector Darkney
    Hunga the Harpy
    Mortella (who could use a slightly retooled Marlena dress)

Quote Originally Posted by ninjor 9 View Post
    no just my 2 favs from pop
    Right. Are you that bored?
    Last edited by bcrduke; January 18, 2013 at 08:51pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I'm wondering how they're gonna work Castaspella and Peekablue's back pieces. They don't seem inclined to go the rooted hair route and the solid hair pieces are gonna be in the way. They can go with the shorter filmation style Angella hair so as to not interfere with her wings but they might have the same issue with Flutterina and Sweet Bee

Scorpia
    Glimmer
    Angella
    Madame Razz / Broom
    Sweet Bee

Hmmm... Who am I missing?

Oh yea... Kowl... he's aight too
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Female characters are cheaper to produce in this line than males, and other than Mermista, Angella, Sweet Bee, and Flutterina, there isn't a HUGE amount of tooling needed other than what most of the other figures get.

Is that so?

Than why was Netossas sword, which is a repaint, cut while characters like Jitsu, Clamp Champ or Fang Man come with so many totally new accessories? All of them got new heads and new armor. Netossa and Fang Man come with a new skirt/new trunks and new boots, she has new gauntlets he got a whole new neckpiece.

And her net was already developed for Leech... the shape is different but simpler than his net...

And once again, iīm not complaining about the extra stuff, i love it, so donīt get me wrong. I think itīs great when characters are more detailed and get their own stuff but iīm asking myself why arenīt all the figures treated the same way? Especially if the female characters are cheaper to produce?
    Last edited by Niki; January 18, 2013 at 09:35pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Glimmer
    Angella
    Castaspella
    Mermista
    Kowl
    Madame Razz
    Sea Hawk
    Scorpia
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

I knew I was forgetting someone!

Yes Flutterina too!

Thats not to say I don't want ALL the Filmation POP too!

Also, I dont include Horde into my POP wants. Those are my Horde wants!

I want them all but at the top of my list are:

Glimmer
    Angella
    Castaspella
    Kowl
    Sea Hawk
    Madam Razz
    Mermista
    Arrow

And if we were counting POP Horde then of course Scorpia would be at the very top of my POP Horde list

Being optimistic, I think that in the 2014/2015 "All Star years" that all of these (except for Arrow ) have an excellent chance of being included (especially the first three and Mermista). For that reason I kind of hope this year we see a non "all-star" released (someone like Double Trouble or Peekablue) as this could be the last chance (at least for the time being) to get one of the less fan demanded POP characters.
    Last edited by InspectorZartan; January 18, 2013 at 11:39pm.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod/Multibot
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    The only "important" PoP characters are:
    She-Ra/Adora, Swift Wind/Spirit, Glimmer, Bow, Kowl, Madame Razz & Broom.

But the thing that people always forget is that the only "important" MOTU characters are:
    He-Man/Adam, Battle Cat/Cringer, Man-at-Arms, Teela, Orko, and the Sorceress.

I base this on the amount of screen time everyone had in FILMation.

Yes, I know not everyone subscribes to the "FILMation Rules!" mindset, but it IS where most of us received the largest exposure to the property. Those are also the characters most prevalent in the mini comics, save for Razz and Orko.

So for anyone to say that nobody beyond Glimmer is important to PoP, well, they may as well say Mekaneck isn't important either.

That said, I would like to see a release schedule that distributes A & B/C listers respectfully. Something like this:

Sweet Bee
    Glimmer
    Flutterina
    Double Trouble
    Peekablue
    Angella
    Perfuma
    Spinerella
    Castaspella
    Mermista
    Netossa
    Entrapta

with Loo-Kee and Kowl being included somewhere along the line in multi-packs. The two Catra variants and one remaining She-Ra variant should be released at a rate of one per year.

Madame Razz, Scorpia, Sea Hawk, Octavia, etc should also be sprinkled in with an equal ration of MOTU FILMation characters.
    Wow. Nine months have passed since I wrote the above, and Netossa is the only one we can mark off of our lists. AND we are now on an accelerated, A-list-only timetable....so I guess I will weed out some characters and limit it to my Top 5:

1. Mermista - my all-time favorite PoP, adds a new race to the MOTUC mythos for added diversity
    2. Glimmer - A-List, major character. Crime against humanity if she's not released.
    3. Peekablue - my runner up for all-time favorite PoP. She just looks awesome. Nobody can deny that.
    4. Angella - A-List, cool gimmick, a leader of the Rebellion
    5. Spinerella - Never had her, but like her look. Netossa needs her homegirl

Essential to the Mythos POP, and would be huge holes in the Great Rebellion if not released.

1. Glimmer - Can't have a Great Rebellion without her. She was in charge before Adora/She-Ra showed up.
    2. Queen Angella (Filmation) - She's the Queen of frickin' Brightmoon!
    3. Mermista - One of the most consistent and main players of the Great Rebellion
    4. Castaspella - One of the most consistent and main players of the Great Rebellion
    5. Madame Razze/Broom - In like every episode
    6. Kowl - also in every episode

To me those are the heavy hitters that MUST be done. Beyond that, all of these are equal and I'd like to see any to all of them...
    General Sunder, Peekablue, Perfuma, Flutterina, Double Trouble, Spinerella, Sweet Bee, Entrapta, Vintage toy Angella.

They're all important! I consider the POP collection just as essential to the line as the vintage MOTU. In fact, I'd be willing to sacrifice some vintage figures (Like Twistoid, Saurod, Blast Attack, Buzz-Saw Hordak, and Rotar) in favor of more exciting POP slots. Anyway, here's my breakdown of POP priorities...

Glimmer
    Castaspella
    Madame Razz & Broom
    Scorpia
    Mermista
    Sweet Bee
    Sea Hawk
    Perfuma
    Queen Angella
    Entrapta
    Spinnerella
    Double Trouble
    Flutterina
    Peekablue

(Kowl & Loo-Kee rank pretty high on my wants list but I don't consider them as full figure slots)

I'm not much into POP, so I take them on a figure by figure basis, and Netossa, I am meh about....But she may grow on me.

But I really want Castaspella, I love Frosta & She-Ra....I have 5 of the 8 Females now....passing on the Star Sisters....but I would take Starla if I could get her separate or the set for cheap, and bin the other 2.

Seahawk
    Castaspella

I would not object to
    Glimmer....she'd look cool like THIS but I know it would be preferred to keep her Filmation by POP fans....
    Perfuma

Don't get me wrong, I think POP most definitely belongs in MOTUC....even if all of the figures aren't for me....I still want my share of the POP line-up.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 19, 2013 at 01:06am.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Simple. I want 'em all.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Madame Razz and Broom
    Kowl
    Glimmer
    Scorpia
    Loo-Kee
    Queen Angella
    Castaspella
    Mermista
    The twiggets
    Sweet Bee

In that order.
    Last edited by swind15; January 19, 2013 at 04:24am.

Heroic Warrior
    In a very rough order based on my personal opinion of their "importance" (due to their presence in the cartoon and/or the existence of a "vintage" toy):

- Glimmer
    - Kowl
    - Castaspella
    - Queen Angella
    - Madame Razz and Broom
    - Scorpia
    - Sea Hawk
    - Mermista
    - Double Trouble
    - Entrapta
    - Peekablue
    - Sweet-Bee
    - Granita
    - Flutterina
    - Spinnerella
    - General Sunder
    - Perfuma
    - Huntara

Glimmer, Kowl, look-ee, madame razz, scorpia, Imp, castaspella and I'm done with POP!