Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MASK 30th anniversary

Heroic Warrior

MASK 30th anniversary

Memories.......

I only had Ali Bombay and his mc (but it was a cool mc
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Heroic Warrior
    30th? Wow.

I had piranha, firecracker and the dune buggy from the split seconds series.

was the back story true? was it true that Miles Mayhem k'd Matt's Brother?

Heroic Warrior
    Yes , he did kill Trakkers brother.....I guess he's a widover like Gordon on DoE ?
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Man, I LOVED M.A.S.K. as a kid. Such a great concept. I had a bunch of them. The Rhino semi truck, Boulder Hill Playset, Switchblade copter/jet, Condor and Piranha cycles. These things were just a ton of fun.

Oh, and the theme to the cartoon was arguably in toe top five of 80's cartoon intros.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I had a few of these. I don't really remember much at all about the cartoon itself. I'll have to check Amazon for it.

I'm more a fan of the cartoon than the figures, in fact I picked up a couple for the first time at a toy fair last year.

Amazing that it's been this long. I feel old.

I had most of the toys as a kid. Still looking for a few Split Seconds to complete my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    30th? Wow.

I had piranha, firecracker and the dune buggy from the split seconds series.

was the back story true? was it true that Miles Mayhem k'd Matt's Brother?
    Yeah, Matt's brother invented the original masks & vehicles, Miles stole some of the blueprints and destroyed the lab in an effort to cover his tracks, and the resulting fire claimed Matt's brother's life. There's a couple of versions of the story. It was in the minicomics that came with the first few toys, and the UK comic also had a similar origin story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread He-Man View Post
    Yes , he did kill Trakkers brother.....I guess he's a widover like Gordon on DoE ?
    No, I don't think Matt Trakker was ever married. He adopted his son Scott.

Heroic Warrior
    oh that's where it came from.

Guess I didn't know about the mini comics.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Yeah, Matt's brother invented the original masks & vehicles, Miles stole some of the blueprints and destroyed the lab in an effort to cover his tracks, and the resulting fire claimed Matt's brother's life. There's a couple of versions of the story. It was in the minicomics that came with the first few toys, and the UK comic also had a similar origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    oh that's where it came from.

Guess I didn't know about the mini comics.
    I didn't either, until fairly recently. There's only 3 issues, and they're really small - compared to the MOTU minicomics, they're about half the size.

Here are some pics of the flashback scene from issue 1:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I pretty much had everything in the first few years, but I stopped collecting when the line went to Split Seconds.

The motorcycles were some of the coolest vehicles. I was transforming them back and forth when I was younger. I also liked Raven, Manta and Thunderbird.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I didn't either, until fairly recently. There's only 3 issues, and they're really small - compared to the MOTU minicomics, they're about half the size.

Here are some pics of the flashback scene from issue 1:

Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I pretty much had everything in the first few years, but I stopped collecting when the line went to Split Seconds.

The motorcycles were some of the coolest vehicles. I was transforming them back and forth when I was younger. I also liked Raven, Manta and Thunderbird.
    You mean the Thunder hawk. I only had back in the day The Piranha and the Condor. those were the only ones. Thanks to ebay decades later I have the volcano, The Piranha, the Raven the Stinger, the Hurricane and The Slingshot. I had the Stilletto but I sold it a few years ago.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd be all over these if hasbro made em the Size and design as g.i. joe.

Would it be possible to have a Rhino in G.I.Joe 3 3/4 scale? That would be awesome (If done by Michael Bay in a movie it would be a flat cab over truck instead, of course, just to #!$$ 0%% some fans)
    Although, based on the concept art shown for shared movie universe they shall have some sort of Speed Racer/Hot Wheels cars
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

never had a M.A.S.K. vehicle/playset but wish I could 30 years later
    it's time for revenge lol!
    I really see a lot of similarities with sunbow GI.JOE. but Cobra > V.E.N.O.M to me

I'm such a fan of the cartoon series anyway, bought the complete dvd set last year so yeah, I just used to watch it on re-runs in local stations next to he-man filmation and voltron, wow good memories here, such a nostalgia trip
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Whats next ?
    "don't stop believing yahoo ......"

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Oh, and the theme to the cartoon was arguably in toe top five of 80's cartoon intros.
    Absolutely. Silverhawks was another fav theme song of mine.
    Loved MASK, have the DVD series and the first 3 waves of figures/vehicles, didn't do any of the Racer series
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Would it be possible to have a Rhino in G.I.Joe 3 3/4 scale? That would be awesome (If done by Michael Bay in a movie it would be a flat cab over truck instead, of course, just to #!$$ 0%% some fans)
    Although, based on the concept art shown for shared movie universe they shall have some sort of Speed Racer/Hot Wheels cars
    Yep, saw some of the said concept art but I hope they pay homage to the original designs. I had Gator as a kid and I loved it. Giving them a Speed Racer or Hot Wheels vibe isn't right. They were like the Transformers/G.I Joe hybrid.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kamen_kahlil01 View Post
    Yep, saw some of the said concept art but I hope they pay homage to the original designs. I had Gator as a kid and I loved it. Giving them a Speed Racer or Hot Wheels vibe isn't right. They were like the Transformers/G.I Joe hybrid.
    Considering the goofy silliness/Awesomeness of GI Joe... I wouldn't even call it a hybrid. it fits RIGHT in there alongside the Pogo Jets, Air Chariots, and hanggliders...

I didnt' have very many of them. I had the motorcycle/helicopter. the Helicopter/Jet, and the motorcycle/submarine... which THAT one always seemed a pretty weak concept. Not really a fan of vehicles that split up... then have to return to the same spot in order to retrieve it's parts...

Looking at YOU MOTU Blasterhawk...

Loved the look and the playability... HATED the little tiny helmets and seemed to lose them IMMEDIATELY... Always wanted that main car/jet. Always a fan of pop up doors

I always like the idea of

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I saw that concept art, and I really didn't like it.

I hope they get a director who understands that the primary appeal of the series is that it featured high-tech gadget-laden vehicles disguised as everyday modern cars, very much like the James Bond series Aston Martin & Lotus Esprit.

The tagline of the series was "Illusion is the ultimate weapon", and the MASK and VENOM teams are supposed to be able to blend in, hiding a vehicle with the capabilities of a tank or a jet fighter in plain sight. Setting the film in the future and/or using futuristic-looking vehicles is completely the wrong way to go.

Heroic Warrior

Article link

Interesting news and I hope IDW gives Mike a chance to write a M.A.S.K comic book.

New MASK Comic coming out in Autumn/Fall

http://www.idwpublishing.com/idw-publish-m-a-s-k-comic-book-this-fall/

Anyone else excited!!!!

And please tell me Jack Olesker has a hand in this

Nice, I might have to check that out
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Totally Dyslexic
    Hmmm…

The article sounds good, the only thing that i didn´t like is the expression:

...infusing it with slightly more modern sensibilities. This is where sophisticated stories meet cutting edge designs...
    Not exactly sure what it means
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither