Thread: Interview with me

Master of New Adventures!

Interview with me

Fun interview -- and fun interviewer -- at Monster Comic Con. The turnout was truly incredible. My wrist still hurts from all the signings. I was honored to also give the convention's keynote speech.

My part of the interview begins at 8:20 into the reel, so slide it forward, although the other interviewees are fascinating. During the interview I got to give a shout-out to NA as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb1060oYegw

Haha it's neat to put a voice and updated face to your posts Jack!

Thanks, my good friend. I can't believe my hair was ever as short as it was in some of my older pics. I realize long hair isn't exactly the norm nowadays, but my feeling has always been that when everyone goes one direction it's time for me to go the other.

Not sure if I ever posted my website in the Forum, so here it is. Look how short my hair was in some of the sliding pics.

http://jackolesker.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Haha it's neat to put a voice and updated face to your posts Jack!

I concur with Dice. It's nice to be able to put a face and voice with your posts. I can't thank you enough for all you've contributed to some my favorite childhood cartoons. If they do in fact end up bringing back M.A.S.K., I hope you can work on that project in some capacity.

As for the hair, hey, whatever works. My hair ends up looking like yours in the video every year around spring. I go with a buzz cut from about mid spring to mid fall and then I don't cut it again until I shave it off the next spring. My wife puts up with my scruffy looking nerf herder look but she doesn't particularly care for it.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Well thanks for that, Faker II. It always pleases me when someone tells me I had a positive influence on their childhood. A few months ago Kim and I were at our favorite pub when a young lady who had heard from the bar's owner about my career, told me the story of her childhood and growing up with her verbally abusive father. She told me all week long she looked forward to the Care Bears, that it was an "oasis" in her life. She thanked me for saving her childhood and gave me a hug. I'm a pretty tough guy, but I have to admit I choked up. Moments like that, and your comment, make all the hard work worthwhile. As I've posted before, "Writers, directors, producers and actors are nothing without fans", so I'm the one that should be thanking you...and I do.

As for my long hair, I'm fortunate Kim likes it. I'll confess, perhaps a bit immodestly, that I frequently get compliments which, at my age, is nice. But I think the best came from my eight-year old son who once observed, "Daddy, you're like like a big ol' dog." Woof-woof!

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I concur with Dice. It's nice to be able to put a face and voice with your posts. I can't thank you enough for all you've contributed to some my favorite childhood cartoons. If they do in fact end up bringing back M.A.S.K., I hope you can work on that project in some capacity.

As for the hair, hey, whatever works. My hair ends up looking like yours in the video every year around spring. I go with a buzz cut from about mid spring to mid fall and then I don't cut it again until I shave it off the next spring. My wife puts up with my scruffy looking nerf herder look but she doesn't particularly care for it.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    You rule Jack.

..so do the Power Rangers do vegan, or do they juice??

They juice but they're no vegans. I had an influence on their creation and I'm a beef-eater born and raised in Chicago. I don't eat anything unless it had parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    You rule Jack.

..so do the Power Rangers do vegan, or do they juice??

Lets hope its grass fed then and not factory raised.

We all need free range chickens in the yard, and a mecha-changer in the mountain base.

For sure, only grass fed. I'm married to a Nebraskan Irish angel. They've got four things in Nebraska, you know -- football, insurance, great beef and truly stunning, drop-dead gorgeous crimson-haired, blue-eyed Irish gals. I'm blessed amongst men to have all four.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    Lets hope its grass fed then and not factory raised.

We all need free range chickens in the yard, and a mecha-changer in the mountain base.

In the interview, you said that a good message in a kids show, with a little lesson learning, is important, and I would add that it is the duty of the media to tell people the truth and help everyone understand our world and better our future.

..these days Hollywood is seemingly trying to make people dumber....!
    Am I wrong?