Thread: Aliens and Terminator 2 just turned 25 and 30

Heroic Warrior

Aliens and Terminator 2 just turned 25 and 30

2 James Cameron masterpiece sequels celebrate their anniversaries this year.

I saw Aliens in theaters when i was 5 years old 2 times with my family as we dug it! i thought it was an awesome follow up to Alien which i saw on HBO the year before and got into sci-fi.

I saw T2 4 times in theaters when i was 10 and had the merchandise/played the hell out of the arcade game and got the movie for Christmas.

What are your fond memories?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I haven't watched Aliens yet but I have watched Terminator 2 many times not in theatres but on TV.
    And someday I will watch Terminator 2 via the Internet.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Maybe not the right thread, but NECA today showed off the next wave of Alien toys are going to be based on Kenner's early ones. They showed the Gorilla, Mantis and Queen Facehugger. I'm going to be grabbing two of each as soon as they go up.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    Maybe not the right thread, but NECA today showed off the next wave of Alien toys are going to be based on Kenner's early ones. They showed the Gorilla, Mantis and Queen Facehugger. I'm going to be grabbing two of each as soon as they go up.
    Yeah, these are so awesome! I think I'm in love with these redesigns! Mantis and Gorilla look even more dangerous/ aggressive than the regular Aliens. Can't wait to see how they'll tackle the other Kenner Aliens!

Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

Heroic Warrior
    Holy deja vu........I just made a T2 thread
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Lately I got some sort of notalgia and deep desire to watch once again "Aliens", so that is my plan for tonight. I also got hooked in getting some NECA figures, although I was never a fan of real people action figures besides a Hot Toys figure
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Has anyone know where the sizzle reel or intro for "Operation: Aliens" cartoon can be found?
    I recall seeing it a while back, not sure if it was on Youtube, but I can't now. I found amazing at the possibility of having a Saturday morning 90's cartoon about Alien killing corporate marines in some gruesome ways. That cartoon was destined not to see the light although planned to support Kenner action figures.

I know that most Alien figures shall come from NECA (which are awesome), but I wonder if Super7 can create ReAction figures based on that old Kenner line or cartoon.

Alas, I wish Netflix or someone with Joaquim Dos Santos may revisit and recreate that cartoon.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Well now I feel old. I think I saw both of those first run.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"I am not crazy. The Bishop had me tested."

Heroic Warrior
    Me too and those bring back memories
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I had to watch Aliens again because of this - watched it via Digital Copy on a device that seems a bit high tech even for that universe and yet it was still every bit as good as it was 30 years ago
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"I am not crazy. The Bishop had me tested."