Thread: I have been Burglarized, and the police aren't helping.

I have been Burglarized, and the police aren't helping.

Monday morning While I was sleeping somebody entered my house and pinched my wifes wallet from her purse. We thought that was all that was taken, but today I discovered that our digital camera was stolen as well. Does anybody know if I can find the cameras model number and serial number in my PC? Thanks in advance.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I can't help with answering your question, but I just wanted to say that I am so sorry this has happened to you
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Thank You for the sentiment. I just moved here in September, and I'm so far in the hole financially. A 700 dollar check was in the wallet. I can't deal with another setback. Don't even ask what happened to all of my vintage MoTU and G.I. Joe stuff....
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey

If you have any images taken with the camera, you can usually check their properties for information about the camera. But I can't see why the serial number or anything like that would be listed.

Glad to hear that no one was hurt or traumatized, at least.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar

I know how you feel. I had my laptop stolen a few years ago - had all my personal info and banking information inside. I had the serial numbers and everything for it, but if the cops ever recovered it I never saw it again. I am just lucky that the thief must have wiped it and pawned it for quick cash, rather than trying to get all of my money, which he easily could have gotten even though I changed what I could as soon as it happened.

Stinks to lose your hard earned money, and even worse your sense of safety. But try to remember as you work through this that, although people stole from you, most folks are actually pretty good and that it isn't your fault someone decided to victimize you. I hope you get something back from all this, although I know from experience how little a remedy most of what is in place in situations like this actually is.

That check was for our rent. My livelihood is in jeopardy. I am getting shut off notices with my utility bills. I have not been able to pay them as I have not been employed since September. I have borrowed money, Pawned anything of value, and even had to steal medicine from the store because I couldn't afford to pay for it. If I had been caught stealing at Walmart I no doubt would have been arrested in short order. I get burglarized, and the police give less than a ____ enought to even look at a picture that was secured from an ATM that my wife's credit card was attempted to be used to withdraw 60 dollars despite not knowing the PIN, and there were no funds anyway! This has been a Terrible, TERRIBLE few months. I'm so depressed, stressed, and annoyed that I can't catch a break.
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey