Thread: Batman Arkham Knight

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Batman Arkham Knight

I love the atmosphere of this game. The rain and water effects are particularly well done (streaks on windows, puddles, waves) and Gotham is so big that it even has a Chinatown.

Combat is fun. The enemies have new tricks, such as tackling you to the ground or grabbing you from behind. Batman also has new tricks like temporarily using the weapons that the thugs bring to the fight. He can use a bat until it breaks.

I'm so glad that detective mode is back. I missed it in Arkham Origins. The backgrounds tell alot of backstory and scanning for clues and Riddler puzzles gives you an excuse to check everything out. Batman is examining murder corpses and finding crazy clues like swallowed wedding rings in the intestines!

My one complaint is that the Batmobile parts are shoehorned into the Arkhamverse gameplay, instead of it being a fun option. Every now and then when I play, I get to a "You gotta use the Batmobile" part. Sometimes it's tank combat, sometimes it's a car chase, sometimes it's a racing deathtrap and other times you have to jump onto something like a rooftop or platform.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Looking forward to playing this, one day! I just restarted Asylum (which I didn't get too far through... not because I didn't like it... just got distracted by other things) and finished it. I'm going to play them in order, I think. I don't have a Next Gen console yet, and figured I'd play through those before diving into this one.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

I may not have the game but the response from the PC gamers is less than authentic, Steam have like 2k negative reviews over bugs, glitches and unfinished product by the developers. so generally if you go to the steam page you will see Very Negative reviews. I hope they will fix all of the problem ASAP though.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

I'm playing on PS4. No glitches or bugs for me yet.

The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I gotta say, mind you I have all the Arkham games and love them all, I'm on the fence right now. The Batmobile controls are upsetting me at the moment and I don't feel as if this is the greatest game ever like I did in arkham city. I'm only 6 hours in though, maybe I need to walk around and do some side missions for a minute. The story is excellent though.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    I haven't picked this up yet, but I have heard similar criticisms about the Batmobile sections... either way, I have enjoyed every entry in the Arkham series, and I'm sure this will be no different.

Also, I saw that there is a season pass for this game. What additional content is going to be released other than what was available through pre-order?
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

http://www.pcgamer.com/green-man-gam...night-refunds/

Green Man Gaming, a well known digital video game seller offers refund for those who pre purchased Batman Arkham Knight over Glitches, Bugs and unplayable state on PC port. I have to say, this unfinished product practice need to be stop NOW.

---------------------------
    Edit: Sorry, I forgot to put this one up last week but here it is.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/0...s-due-to-bugs/

Steam pulled Batman Arkham Knight over massive glitches and bug and poor optimization for PC.
    Last edited by Fendi; June 30, 2015 at 03:26pm. Reason: Wanted to add stuff on the same topic.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

I'm a huge Batman fan and lucky enough for me, this PS4 bundle came out just in time when I was already considering getting a PS4. I just started to play and I'm almost overwhelmed at how much stuff there is to do!

" You are not a warrior, you're a beginner!"

Always playing Destiny! Xbox One Gamertag: PlatinumFist

I'm at 11% through story mode now. The story is engaging and the Batmobile has had some really cool moments including the coolest death-defying escape. I just wish that the Batmobile was more of a player option, rather than...

"I need to get this door open...time to call the Batmobile!"
    "I need some more power for this antenna...time to call the Batmobile!"
    "I need to pull this wall down, but I have to get the Batmobile up here!"

Right now, I'd rate the Arkham games like so:

1) Arkham City
    2) Arkham Aslyum
    3) Arkham Knight
    4) Arkham Origins

As I play more of Arkham Knight, these rankings could change.

The Blonde Teela Thread

I'm around halfway through the main story, and I definitely agree that the Batmobile has been forced into the game too much. It's not AS bad if you frequently break up the main story and focus on more of the side missions, but it's definitely overused. Still a great game, but it does suffer a bit for it though. Still like Asylum & City more, so far.

Hope they release another update to fix the "rain indoors" issue though!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Batman Arkham Knight beat Witcher 3 box office on the first week, this going to be interesting.

I hope the fans will pleased with the result.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

I'm around 50% through overall completion (further in the main storyline) and I'm really enjoying it so far. There's a lot of Batmobile in this game, though. Seriously, early on it feels like Batman's always trying to find some way to utilize the Batmobile. I was joking with a friend who isn't as far along in the game as I am and I told him that I finally reached a point where Arkham Knight broke Batman's back and now you finish the game as the Batmobile. You know, people have conversations with the Batmobile, the Batmobile gains the ability to swing from rooftops, the Batmobile and Catwoman totally hook up, etc.

Epic stuff!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I'm around 50% through overall completion (further in the main storyline) and I'm really enjoying it so far. There's a lot of Batmobile in this game, though. Seriously, early on it feels like Batman's always trying to find some way to utilize the Batmobile. I was joking with a friend who isn't as far along in the game as I am and I told him that I finally reached a point where Arkham Knight broke Batman's back and now you finish the game as the Batmobile. You know, people have conversations with the Batmobile, the Batmobile gains the ability to swing from rooftops, the Batmobile and Catwoman totally hook up, etc.

Epic stuff!
    LMAO!

I'm at 60% on Story mode right now. I think that the game slides back into classic Arkham gameplay during the 30-50% mark. I was super happy when two Classic Arkham gadgets made their triumphant return! So now I might have to rethink my views on this game.

I'd rather do the tank battles than racing though!

The Blonde Teela Thread

I agree that the Batmobile parts are forced too much at times, BUT I think the whole point of the game series, even starting from Asylum, is to give the player what it is like to BE the BATMAN. From the comics, the Batmobile is needed at times, and it is a big part of the Batman mythos and character. When playing the Batmobile, I do have trouble in the racing parts, but I have to admit this is what it is like to be Batman. Also, you know you can always just spend as much time as you want roaming the city via grappling and gliding without the car and just beat up on thugs. That was always my favorite part of the game. So, yeah, the Batmobile rocks and it is important.

That said, my biggest complaint with the game is the lack of AR missions like with previous games. Sometimes I want to do a random predator part and not have to find it in that actual game. Maybe we will get it with an update, though.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

FINALLY got the game!

So far I am really enjoying it... the atmosphere is so much more brooding than past entries. The graphics are amazing; the character models look fantastic (although I have yet to actually see a lot of them, but Poison Ivy looks incredible ) and the sheer breadth of Gotham City proper is jaw-dropping.

I'm pretty late to this party, so I'm sure many of you already beat the main campaign... what did you think of the game as a whole? (No spoilers though! )

Also, just watched this over at GameTrailers.com:

Looks amazing! (Even though I'm not a huge fan of Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, the mechanical designs are very cool.)

Did anyone get any of the DLC??
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    I am not a gamer per se, but I bought my wife an Arkham Knight PS4 and she got me hooked.
    This is a fantastic game, the graphics the story (even though I'm playing in easy mode). This is an incredible game. The only dlc we got were the Frank Miller Batman skin and the Batgirl pack.

Love this game, can't get enough

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Knight View Post
    I am not a gamer per se, but I bought my wife an Arkham Knight PS4 and she got me hooked.
    This is a fantastic game, the graphics the story (even though I'm playing in easy mode). This is an incredible game. The only dlc we got were the Frank Miller Batman skin and the Batgirl pack.

Love this game, can't get enough
    Yeah, I'm right there with you!

I thought that after marathoning through Arkham Origins, Asylum, and City - in order to get ready for Arkham Knight - that I would be all Batman-ed out... but NOPE! This game is so amazing!

I don't want to give any spoilers, and I'm really only at 12% completion, but

Joker's role in this game is incredibly awesome!!!!

I also downloaded the Batgirl DLC and the 1989 Batman/Batmobile skins... I think I'm going to wait until I complete the main campaign before I start the Batgirl DLC though.