Thread: A Clockwork Orange just turned 45

Heroic Warrior

A Clockwork Orange just turned 45

Hard to believe this masterpiece of science fiction cinema just turned 45 and is one of Kubrick's masterpieces.

Loved this since i was in middle school when i rented it and became one of my favorites! such a dark, funny, disturbing and influential movie.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I'm not a fan of Kubrick, but I love this film. I always wanted to read the book, but I've never seen it in my city's book stores... and I wouldn't like to read it in Spanish anyways (because of all the cool made up words), so it's been even harder to get my hands on an English copy.
    My music compositions: Krugos YouTube Channel - I hope you enjoy it!

I also saw this in middle school..still in my top 5 favorite pictures . Could not get an adult to rent this for me so, I had a 5th generation copy I got from an older kid.. just dug it so much... Now when I watch the BD I think fondly of when I couldn't make out anything in the background
    Cinco Banking System: Great. I've made the change. Your wife's new legal name is: TAARGÜS TAARGÜS. Is this okay?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    I also saw this in middle school..still in my top 5 favorite pictures . Could not get an adult to rent this for me so, I had a 5th generation copy I got from an older kid.. just dug it so much... Now when I watch the BD I think fondly of when I couldn't make out anything in the background
    And Alex himself does conventions.

Do you think the film and novel are both influential stuff even influenced Alan Moore's Killing Joke? i'm sure Alan Moore is a fan of Kubrick and is basically the Kubrick of comic makers with his cinematic approach. You can see how Killing Joke is like Clockwork Orange at times.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.