Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last Album / Single you bought?

What's the last Album / Single you bought?

Well I finally bought 2 new cds today (not bought any for about 12 years) and was wondering what new ones you have bought?

mine are

Soup - The Best of The Beautiful South and The Housemartins

Sonata Arctica - The Collection (UK Special Edition) with bonus DVD / Audio - DualDisc

don't feel limited to CDs, you can have LPs, digital downloads, DVDs and Blu-Rays just as long as it is music and not a movie or anything
    Last edited by wolfsfang; April 25, 2012 at 04:12pm.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    I think the last I bought was a best of Blondie CD.

Mark Lanegan - Blues Funeral
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Weird Al - Alpocalypse
    I wish he'd release albums more often.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Weird Al - Alpocalypse
    I wish he'd release albums more often.
    I think this might be mine as well - I forget when I got it, but the only other CD I remember getting at all recently was the Muppets "Green" album. I think I got both CDs around the same time.

Most of what new music I've acquired, I've gotten through iTunes, or Amazon, etc.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

The last I bought was the TRON Legacy soundtrack, but it was in MP3 form, so maybe it doesn't qualify?
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Mainly I have been catching up artists that I got into the last few years, still got away to go on the. But many artists I like have come out with new albums over the last several months which kind of means I haven't exactly looked at my backlog list in a while.

But recent purchases
    DragonForce - The Power Within (Probably their best album since they do more then play at 900000000 million miles an hour)
    In This Moment - Beautiful Tragedy, The Dream, and A Star-Crossed Wasteland
    Evanescence - Evanescence
    Lacuna Coil - Dark Adrenaline
    Lyriel - Leverage
    Nightwish - Imaginaerum

Hopefully I have a break to finish off the lists for Blind Guardian, Kamelot, and Apocalyptica (amongst others).
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I'm a DJ so I buy cd's all the time for work. My latest buy was the new Train CD and a Karaoke CD with various new songs on it.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Mainly I have been catching up artists that I got into the last few years, still got away to go on the. But many artists I like have come out with new albums over the last several months which kind of means I haven't exactly looked at my backlog list in a while.

But recent purchases
    DragonForce - The Power Within (Probably their best album since they do more then play at 900000000 million miles an hour)
    In This Moment - Beautiful Tragedy, The Dream, and A Star-Crossed Wasteland
    Evanescence - Evanescence
    Lacuna Coil - Dark Adrenaline
    Lyriel - Leverage
    Nightwish - Imaginaerum

Hopefully I have a break to finish off the lists for Blind Guardian, Kamelot, and Apocalyptica (amongst others).
    wyldman11, it sounds like we have quite a bit in common as far as musical tastes are concerned! I too, just picked up Dragonforce's "The Power Within" and I agree with your opinion that it might be the best album they've done! I also just picked up Evans Blue's new album "Graveyard of Empires".

I own every other album you mentioned aside from the Lyriel and Nightwish albums. I've got a massive music collection so I don't even listen to the radio anymore. Since it seems you enjoy female fronted metal/rock, do you enjoy Within Temptation or Straight Line Stitch?

Quote Originally Posted by vaderSW1 View Post
    wyldman11, it sounds like we have quite a bit in common as far as musical tastes are concerned! I too, just picked up Dragonforce's "The Power Within" and I agree with your opinion that it might be the best album they've done! I also just picked up Evans Blue's new album "Graveyard of Empires".

I own every other album you mentioned aside from the Lyriel and Nightwish albums. I've got a massive music collection so I don't even listen to the radio anymore. Since it seems you enjoy female fronted metal/rock, do you enjoy Within Temptation or Straight Line Stitch?
    I hadn't heard of Straight Line Stitch. Within Temptation is great and is one of the ones I am catching up on, The Unforgiving is a great album and they have been on the block to finish off I just have something like 30 albums to catch up on. So with that I try to be careful with getting introduced to new artists, since I am basically getting an album or two a month.

I haven't listened to the radio in quite some time, we don't have many choices around here. We do have a great classic rock station that if it comes down to I will listen to most of the others (that aren't country or hispanic) are pop/rock mixes so I don't listen to them much.

I probably wouldn't have been playing catch up as much if I didn't commit to faith in college and adapted my music tastes because of that. It was hard at the time to find good Christian themed hard rock and metal. While it still can be hard to find good ones it is easier to at least find bands like the ones I mentioned above that I don't have to worry about language etc.
    Which was another problem towards the end of last year I came across bands such as Theocracy, Narnia, Divinefire, and HB. Those are part of the reason I try to watch getting introduced to too much.

I was kind of dead to music till someone introduced me to pandora and I was able to find a lot of these bands and with the help of youtube I was able to listen to each more specifically. I do prefer clean vocals which is why I tend to go more for the power metal bands and female lead bands. I don't mind growling vocals, I just prefer the clean. This was why I was a bit careful before I got In This Moment when I first heard about them I heard she was a screamer but when I listened to more I find she does a very good mix of both.
    Last edited by wyldman11; April 25, 2012 at 02:32pm.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

HD figures on youtube
    Been a long time. Think it was the Cival Wars album last year.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I hadn't heard of Straight Line Stitch. Within Temptation is great and is one of the ones I am catching up on, The Unforgiving is a great album and they have been on the block to finish off I just have something like 30 albums to catch up on. So with that I try to be careful with getting introduced to new artists, since I am basically getting an album or two a month.

I haven't listened to the radio in quite some time, we don't have many choices around here. We do have a great classic rock station that if it comes down to I will listen to most of the others (that aren't country or hispanic) are pop/rock mixes so I don't listen to them much.

I probably wouldn't have been playing catch up as much if I didn't commit to faith in college and adapted my music tastes because of that. It was hard at the time to find good Christian themed hard rock and metal. While it still can be hard to find good ones it is easier to at least find bands like the ones I mentioned above that I don't have to worry about language etc.
    Which was another problem towards the end of last year I came across bands such as Theocracy, Narnia, Divinefire, and HB. Those are part of the reason I try to watch getting introduced to too much.

I was kind of dead to music till someone introduced me to pandora and I was able to find a lot of these bands and with the help of youtube I was able to listen to each more specifically. I do prefer clean vocals which is why I tend to go more for the power metal bands and female lead bands. I don't mind growling vocals, I just prefer the clean. This was why I was a bit careful before I got In This Moment when I first heard about them I heard she was a screamer but when I listened to more I find she does a very good mix of both.
    Yeah "The Unforgiving" is one of my favorite Within Temptation albums also. I would have to say "Mother Earth" is probably my favorite though. The vocals on that album are absolutely gorgeous!

Straight Line Stitch is a lot of growls and screams. There are some clean vocals though. I understand if you don't like the growls so much though. It's definitely not for everyone.

If you're looking for some good Christian heavy metal acts, have you tried:

Mychildren Mybride
    Demon Hunter
    As I Lay Dying
    Norma Jean
    The Devil Wears Prada

Another band to try, if you haven't already, that has a positive message but not necessarily Christian is Killswitch Engage. You can try Shadows Fall and All That Remains as well as they are much in the same vein. There is some language with Shadows Fall specifically but it's not overwhelmingly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by vaderSW1 View Post
    Yeah "The Unforgiving" is one of my favorite Within Temptation albums also. I would have to say "Mother Earth" is probably my favorite though. The vocals on that album are absolutely gorgeous!

Straight Line Stitch is a lot of growls and screams. There are some clean vocals though. I understand if you don't like the growls so much though. It's definitely not for everyone.

If you're looking for some good Christian heavy metal acts, have you tried:

Mychildren Mybride
    Demon Hunter
    As I Lay Dying
    Norma Jean
    The Devil Wears Prada

Another band to try, if you haven't already, that has a positive message but not necessarily Christian is Killswitch Engage. You can try Shadows Fall and All That Remains as well as they are much in the same vein. There is some language with Shadows Fall specifically but it's not overwhelmingly bad.
    I have heard of (at least by name) almost all of them, tends to be I hear about them when I am not in a position to listen to them so I get in that position of hours later thinking what was the name of that band and not sure I had it right. The other problem it was often one of our teens mentioning them and their favorite band was Attack Attack, Alessana, or Asking Alexandria so I didn't exactly rush home right away to listen to them.

With that said on the last big trip we had I believe we listened to Norma Jean on the way back in, we basically let the teens pick what CD we listened to the problem is most of them didn't know any of the artists so they were just picking from the students pastors mix of heavy metal, punk, and probably a few other genres. Being a musician who was in a punk style band he is a bit more up on a lot of those bands so must I hadn't heard or if I had I passed. So when my turn came I went with Flatfoot 56, a band I knew and liked. One of the reasons I do get some punk it's safe to say if you like punk you probably will like ______________. But that also becomes a problem with the punk sound. Where as metal has too many subgenre's and cross breeding, and to make it worse most people don't even really know the subgenre's well enough to give good information. I say this because I hate the term screamo with a passion, I have had people tell me I was listening to screamo when listening to something like Within Temptation and I was like eerrrrr?

But I will give those a go, some I may have listened to a song but got sidetracked and never really got into them. I know our senior pastor likes Demon Hunter, that is one I tend to get distracted when I sit down to listen to.

I am Into Mindflow - With Bare Hands and Laura Marie - Love you Like Me.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Most of what new music I've acquired, I've gotten through iTunes, or Amazon, etc.

That's fine, I said post any digitally downloaded stuff (iTunes, Amazon, etc) if you buy stuff that way

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    That's fine, I said post any digitally downloaded stuff (iTunes, Amazon, etc) if you buy stuff that way
    Yes, but I can't remember. I usually keep about $10 in my iTunes account, and if I hear something I like, I grab it. Haven't done so recently, and it's usually spur-of-the-moment, so I honestly can't remember the last thing I downloaded. If I had to guess? The song from the Arkham City Trailer...'Short Change Hero', or something like that? (I just think of it as "Ain't No Place for a Hero".)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Time To Get Down ~ The O'Jays

"Milk that cow, George, milk it! MOO!!" ~ Optimus-Prime's response to the announcement of 3D versions of the Star Wars films.

Madonna: MDNA

Just got this in the mail...

So far it's pretty awesome!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

The last CD I bought was Garbage's greatest hits album "Absolute Garbage".

I already had all the music except for the exclusive tracks, but I wanted to support them since they're favorite band.

ksensor, I heartily approve of your Garbage support!

I just bought 2 albums off of iTunes the other day. They were:
    The Fabulous Eartha Kitt
    546663.jpg
    And Bad But Beautiful by Eartha Kitt
    liv8YuVi171WO23.jpg
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    The last CD I bought was Garbage's greatest hits album "Absolute Garbage".

I already had all the music except for the exclusive tracks, but I wanted to support them since they're favorite band.
    I just saw them live down here in Tucson last week! I actually got to see them do a 2 song acoustic show before the evening show that day! It was a radio station exclusive thing... Only 17 people were able to go! I was outside where they were going to do it, and a radio station employee askied if I wanted to see it! It was amazing! They played Special, and Blood for Poppies... And I got to meet them after!!

That's me in the Cobra shirt... I was pretty excited!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Madness - Complete Madness
    Evanescence - Fallen

Quote Originally Posted by scar1321 View Post
    I just saw them live down here in Tucson last week! I actually got to see them do a 2 song acoustic show before the evening show that day! It was a radio station exclusive thing... Only 17 people were able to go! I was outside where they were going to do it, and a radio station employee askied if I wanted to see it! It was amazing! They played Special, and Blood for Poppies... And I got to meet them after!!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...58897740_n.jpg

That's me in the Cobra shirt... I was pretty excited!
    Oh Look, it's my all time favorite procuder Butch Vig.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

My wife bought me the Fender Kurt Cobain Mustang guitar and if you'd register the guitar with Fender they send you a limited red 10 inch vinyl of smells like teen spirit single. So that's my latest score. Just came in the mail today.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone