Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last Album / Single you bought?

scar1321, I am SUPREMELY jealous! What an awesome opportunity! I can't wait for their new album to drop.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Just got two singles:

Breath of Life - Florence + The Machine
    Colours - Emma Hewitt
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Up To Now - Snow Patrol
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

just picked up Avengers Soundtrack (for the new Soundgarden song) and newest Coldplay (love it)

Widget
    Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory
    ACDC - black ice
    KISS - Sonic boom
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Picked it up on the release date May 1st.

Great album!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Wow.

99% of what you guys have mentioned i've never heard of these albums/singles. Blondie & Madonna are the exceptions though i haven't heard Maddy's new album. Probably won't since i prefer her earlier work.

Well, the last album i bought was a Billy joel greatest hits. Really am the black sheep now in this thread LoL. I guess the older i get the more i realise how good the music was back then (not having a dig whatsoever, just how i feel) and the way it has left an impression on me.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Wow.

99% of what you guys have mentioned i've never heard of these albums/singles. Blondie & Madonna are the exceptions though i haven't heard Maddy's new album. Probably won't since i prefer her earlier work.

Well, the last album i bought was a Billy joel greatest hits. Really am the black sheep now in this thread LoL. I guess the older i get the more i realise how good the music was back then (not having a dig whatsoever, just how i feel) and the way it has left an impression on me.
    You need to expend your taste of music, Include Metallica, Quincy Jones, George Benson, Dream Theater, Rush, Aaron Lewis, and many more. =) I really love all the artists that I mention above, including some of the top like Garbage, Within Temptations, Evanescence, O Jays, Snow Patrol, and of course... Soundgarden. =)
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Picked it up on the release date May 1st.

Great album!!
    Just stopping by to say this. It's definitely not anywhere near the best MM album but I'm enjoying some of it and warming up to some songs I didn't care for at first.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Wow.

That's alright, I don't recognize most of the names being mentioned either. I've been listening to more 70's stuff lately (hence the Blondie). Otherwise my playlist tends to include The Runaways, Joan Jett, and a bit of Riot Grrl stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Just stopping by to say this. It's definitely not anywhere near the best MM album but I'm enjoying some of it and warming up to some songs I didn't care for at first.
    Yeah, I don't think Antichrist Superstar will ever be topped. I am enjoying the "tone" of this album very much though!! I think it's better than Eat Me, Drink Me and The High End Of Low, which I enjoyed as well.

Two of my favorite songs on this new album are "No Reflection" and "Lay Down Your ******* Arms". I also really like the cover of Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" featuring Johnny Depp on guitar!! Man, nobody covers songs like Marilyn Manson.

Something tells me that "The Flowers Of Evil" might be one of your favorites Count Marzo.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    You need to expend your taste of music, Include Metallica, Quincy Jones, George Benson, Dream Theater, Rush, Aaron Lewis, and many more. =) I really love all the artists that I mention above, including some of the top like Garbage, Within Temptations, Evanescence, O Jays, Snow Patrol, and of course... Soundgarden. =)
    Don't get me wrong Fendi, bar 3 of the artists you've mentioned the others i've listened to or am listening to these days. My only thing is that a lot of stuff post 2000/01, i really don't find interesting. There have been a few here and there that has caught my eye but i mainly listen to music from 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerPowerFrosta View Post
    That's alright, I don't recognize most of the names being mentioned either. I've been listening to more 70's stuff lately (hence the Blondie). Otherwise my playlist tends to include The Runaways, Joan Jett, and a bit of Riot Grrl stuff.
    Cool

I have a soft spot for Blondie and have been listening to them for ages. Currently on an 80's binge at the moment but the 70's were a great decade for music in general.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Lazerhawk--Redline

Kravinsky--Nightcall

the Black Lips=----Arabia Mountain

Link Wray--3 track shack
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Antichrist Superstar will ever be topped. I am enjoying the "tone" of this album very much though!! I think it's better than Eat Me, Drink Me and The High End Of Low, which I enjoyed as well.

Two of my favorite songs on this new album are "No Reflection" and "Lay Down Your ******* Arms". I also really like the cover of Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" featuring Johnny Depp on guitar!! Man, nobody covers songs like Marilyn Manson.

Something tells me that "The Flowers Of Evil" might be one of your favorites Count Marzo.
    I totally made a comment about "The Flowers of Evil" on Twitter a couple days ago. "Lay Down Your ******* Arms" is also my favorite track on this album along with "Murderers are Getting Prettier Every Day".

Definitely agree on the Marilyn Manson covers too. No one does better cover versions than Manson. ****, I prefer most of his covers to the originals even.

I think I prefer The High End of Low to Born Villain though. They are both fairly new to me so I'm not quite positive yet...
    Last edited by Count Marzo; May 9, 2012 at 03:35pm.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Snappy Threader
    Halestorm, The Strange Case of Halestorm. Very cool.

Heroic Warrior
    The Once Upon a Time soundtrack last week (it's coming in the mail this friday)

"How it starts" by The Features.

@iron_pride - did not know Halestorm had something new out. The last thing I got from them was their Hello, it's Ms. Hyde EP and their covers album. Love Halestorm - great band.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    "How it starts" by The Features.

@iron_pride - did not know Halestorm had something new out. The last thing I got from them was their Hello, it's Ms. Hyde EP and their covers album. Love Halestorm - great band.
    Yeah it's awesome. I saw them in concert with Godsmack and Staind, they said it just came out, picked it up for 10 bucks at the show.

I went on an MP3 Binge the last 2 weeks

Drum and Bass, Dubstep, and EDM

1. Subvert Crazy EP

2. Tantrum Desire
    a. Reach Single
    b. Higher

3. Xilent
    a. Clear Your Mind Single
    b. Choose me 1 & 2 EP
    c. Blossom/Crystalia EP
    d. Lift and Fall Ep
    e. Outer Inside
    f. Evolutions/Tenkai Per Minute
    G. Skyward Ep

4. Sub Focus Out the Blue Single

5. Tritonal Lifted Single

6. Tim Ismag
    a. Big Rock Disco EP
    b. Break the Wall EP

7. Shock One
    a. Shockone EP 1
    b. Relapse Single
    c. Crucify Me Single
    d. Re-Fix EP

8. Phetsta Prism EP

9. Metrik Between Worlds Ep

10. Celldweller The Complete Cell Out Album

11. Document One
    a. Breakdown EP
    b. Sonic Manipulator EP
    c. Tainted Dub EP

12. Block4ead
    a. Bang the Drum/ Distant Single
    b. Beyond the Void/ Horror Show Single
    c. Great Cities EP
    d. Full Circle EP

13. Datsik
    a. Firepower/Domino Single
    b. Vitamin D Album

14. Excision
    a. X- rated Album
    b. Crowd Control Single
    c. Headbanga Single
    d. Heavy Artillery Single
    e. Before the Sun

15. Pendulum
    a. Hold Your Color
    b. In Silico
    c. Immersion

16. Black Burner Feel the Burn

and much more...
    Last edited by CocoaSmooth; May 15, 2012 at 03:45am.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

I picked up Storm Corrosion last week which is the love child of Opeth and Porcupine Tree. It's some pretty cool stuff. Nothing like you would typically expect from Opeth at all. In fact, I think it actually leans more toward Porcupine Tree but very cool nonetheless.

I also picked up a new copy of Van Halen's amazing "OU812" album. I apparently had worn my old copy of it out. Very different sounding album from anything else that they did before or have done after. "Mine All Mine", "Feels So Good", "Cabo Wabo", "Black & Blue", "Sucker In A 3 Piece", "When It's Love", and "Finish What Ya Started" are all masterpieces IMO. I'm a big fan of the Hagar era of VH (not discounting Diamond Dave at all, I just think Hagar's the MUCH better vocalst and lyricist) and this album is like heaven for my ears.

I'm very much looking forward to the forthcoming new Rush album and I'll be picking up the new Shadows Fall album today.

*EDIT* I totally forgot about the new Tenacious D record being out today as well! I'll be picking that one up to!
    Last edited by vaderSW1; May 15, 2012 at 03:07pm.

Cancer Bats - Dead Set on Living.
    I just got it today and am looking forward to listening to it tomorrow at the gym.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Flatfoot 56 Toil
    Toadies Play.Rock.Music

And should be getting In this Moment Blood tomorrow off itunes.

With new job have put a huge dent in back cataloguing also
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

hrm, don't buy much these days, but the last purchases were:

CD:Sucker Punch soundtrack
    CD:Tron Legacy Soundtrack
    CD:Tron Legacy Soundtrack Remixed
    CD:MC Chris - MC Chris is dead
    MP3:Florence+The Machine - Shake it out
    MP3:Florence+The Machine - Dog Days

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Garbage - Not Your Kind of Peole
    Suicide Commando - Axis of Evil
    Die So Fluid - The World is too Big for One Lifetime
    Kidney Thieves - Invisible Plan
    Fringe season 3 soundtrack
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Picked up a Best of Suzi Quatro and The Pretty Reckless today.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf-Gar View Post
    hrm, don't buy much these days, but the last purchases were:

CD:Sucker Punch soundtrack
    CD:Tron Legacy Soundtrack
    CD:Tron Legacy Soundtrack Remixed
    CD:MC Chris - MC Chris is dead
    MP3:Florence+The Machine - Shake it out
    MP3:Florence+The Machine - Dog Days
    Sucker Punch has a pretty cool soundtrack.