Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The all-encompassing Garbage Pail Kid Thread (All Eras)

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    That is awesome, on the bad side its a B4 card which is reserved for Bonus boxes which are a SUPER pain in the butt to get a hold of
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    got 3 single packs and a box ($10.49) from a Targets today.

The bonus sticker was B5A Knitting Natalie.

This was old school GPK.

The only interesting card I got was lenticular card

Going to get more.

got 3 single packs and a box ($10.49) from a Targets today.

The bonus sticker was B5A Knitting Natalie.

This was old school GPK.

The only interesting card I got was lenticular card

Going to get more.
    I picked up 3 Bonus boxes from Target, going to open them tomorrow. I really like this series of cards, we got quite a few of the Adam Bomb History cards.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

If anyone gets that barbarian Brian card and wants a Brian to own it please pm me I want one thanks.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    went to a different target and got a box and 4 single packs.

The bonus card B6B Woolly Wanda. which is Knitting Natalie's counter part.

I got 3 mix n match sticker cards.

I haven't seen a check list yet. is there one?

I think I'm done with getting the bonus boxes. Maybe even with the single packs to.

I got both of the record head guy. was surprised to see the Thor one.

went to a different target and got a box and 4 single packs.

The bonus card B6B Woolly Wanda. which is Knitting Natalie's counter part.

I got 3 mix n match sticker cards.

I haven't seen a check list yet. is there one?

I think I'm done with getting the bonus boxes. Maybe even with the single packs to.

I got both of the record head guy. was surprised to see the Thor one.
    Have you seen the captain america one , he is neat

There is a checklist, we bought 10 packs of regular and 3 bonus boxes and now are just 2 cards away from a complete base set (we are missing one Adam Bomb History card and 8 of the hologram type cards). That is probably the quickest that has happened in years

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Have you seen the captain america one , he is neat

There is a checklist, we bought 10 packs of regular and 3 bonus boxes and now are just 2 cards away from a complete base set (we are missing one Adam Bomb History card and 8 of the hologram type cards). That is probably the quickest that has happened in years

Captain America huh? No I haven't seen that one.

I got a complete set off of ebay and they came yesterday! I like them a lot - especially Academy WARD and Grouchy OSCAR since I'm a big movie fan.

Heroic Warrior
    ok. I lied. I 4 more single packs today. nothing special in them.

Topps just announced Brand New Series 2 for March

http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/11/...-new-series-2/
    In 2013, the company will put out two new series.

This decision was easily made based on the success of the 2012 series.

According to Topps, GPK Brand New Series 1 was the highest selling set in eight years, and the Facebook community grew 21 percent in three months from the launch in August.

So Topps is putting more in the second series to keep collectors excited.

Brand New Series 2 will feature 146 characters (compared to 110 in the previous release). There will be 110 returning characters with 55 new images, and A and B variations. There will also be 36 new characters.

Inserts include Glow in the Dark, Foldees (perforated cards that can be folded multiple ways to create nine jokes with one card), and 3D Cards. In addition, printing plates, parallels, sketch cards and hobby-exclusive bonus cards are included.

Heroic Warrior
    Topps just announced Brand New Series 2 for March

http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/11/...-new-series-2/

I was wanting to ask if/when we'll know when it's a success. I guess that answers that.

This is good news. However, I'm a bit confused by the 110 returning characters with 55 new images. Are these returning characters going to be vintage characters like Adam Bomb?

I'm more excited about the 36 new characters. Some of the images on their website look great!

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    This is good news. However, I'm a bit confused by the 110 returning characters with 55 new images. Are these returning characters going to be vintage characters like Adam Bomb?

I'm more excited about the 36 new characters. Some of the images on their website look great!
    They will most likely be updates, where are they now and other forms of the vintage characters

Heroic Warrior
    They will most likely be updates, where are they now and other forms of the vintage characters

perfect example. Adam Bomb. First it was his head that was exploding then it was his rear that was exploding.

Thanks! This makes sense. It was just that the original statements was not worded very clearly.

I'm still excited about the new series, although I wish that there were more original characters.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm just now paying attention to the news release for ANS #2. (didn't think there was anything worth reading and wasn't expecting a sneak peak. and boy I was wrong on both accounts)

Of the sneak peaks Roast Ted is my favorite.

The sneak peeks do look awesome! I like Roast Ted, but Sleep Les is really clever, too.

Roast Ted reminds me of Jenny Jelly from the original series - maybe Series 2 or 3?

I am a huge fan of Garbage Pail Kids! Have been since I was 6, and will be til I die! LOL.

I have around 300 of the original 80's cards, about 100 of the 2003 "All New Series" cards, and now I have close to 100 of the 2012 "Brand New Series" cards. I also have some mini stickers from the 80's as well as some Magnet cards. Any way, I was just wondering if there is a trading thread for GPK here on the org and if not... I think it might be time that we start one!

I'm not sure about any one else, but I might be willing to trade MOTU for GPK if the situation is right.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I saw a GPK version of Skeletor and He-Man on Facebook. Is that really a part of a series or just fan made?
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Heroic Warrior
    ADDITIONAL:

series 3 coming in October 2013

In the August 2013 previews catalog on page 405 is an ad for series 3. A purplish (new word) box. several old school characters on the box but adam bomb/blasted billy is on the wrapper

2 cards are shown. Yetti eddie and Roy Bot

Yeti eddie is a giant yeti who is pssed cause he dropped his double scooped ice cream off of his ice cream cone

roy bot is back and he's battling a GPKized Godzilla monster

Highlights of ad:
    170 cards total
    132 base card
    10 adam bombing cards
    10 stickers scene cards
    10 motion cards
    8 bonus cards
    plus, there are 50 randomly inserted "be a GPK Code Cards" which will give 5 lucky fans a chance to be immortalized as a GP in the next set!
    10 cards per pack
    24 packs

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I saw a GPK version of Skeletor and He-Man on Facebook. Is that really a part of a series or just fan made?
    If you are talking about He-Man standing on skeletor yes. He's a bonus art I believe. One of the alternate name is Barbarian Brian. Brian Ozone has it as his avatar.

ADDITIONAL:

For $79.99 American money I picked up a box of Garbage Pail kids chrome today.

It appears to be some kind of reprint of series 1.

haven't opened it up yet.
    Last edited by midor; August 18, 2013 at 11:57pm.

Heroic Warrior

2013 GPK Crome

In the latest issue of Previews (june 2013) on page 392 is an add for Garbage Pail Kids. It's called crome.

151 crome cards to collect
    82 original seris 1 characters
    28 lost garbage pail kids 41 concept sketches by john pound

plus a variety of refractors to provide chase excitement for collectors.

Plus, collectors will find printing plate, artist autographs, and redemption cards.

4 cards per pack. 24 packs per box. $3.99 per box

cover character is adam bomb/blasted billy

arrival date:I'm guessing august

Loved these as well.Collected up to series 8 or 9.Started collecting again with the launch of the flashback series 2 years ago.Also purchased a piece of final art!Signed up as a member on the underground.I was curious who else here is a member.

I picked up some Chrome packs, really nice cards.

I picked up some Chrome packs, really nice cards.
    I originally was not gonna buy them for the price and I wasn't impressed by the images I saw.Once I bought a pack and saw how nice they looked in person I was hooked.

Heroic Warrior

2014 Chrome

From the May 2014 cover date of previews. Low on the front and Grayson on the back comes the 2014 Chrome Garbage Pail Kids

No full page ad.

Appearance on page 467

Solicitation on page 470

Highlights of solicitation:
    26 returning character
    84 concept sketches
    The way it reads there is all kinds of varients.

$3.25 a pack

Doesn't say how many packs per box.