Thread: New release of Commemorative Figures

Lord of the Reptilians tampico32's Avatar

New release of Commemorative Figures

I feel that mattel should complete the commemorative edition of the MOTU figures (Fisto, Whlplash, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Roboto, King Randor, Jitsu, etc.).

What do you think about?
    Thank you so much to my partners of He-Man.org for helping me to get MOTUC figures:

My Sell/Buy/Trade Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Ohhhhhhh...yeah. I'd be in. It would take up a bunch of space, since I keep my commemoratives NIB, but yeah. I would want them.

Widget
    I would buy them. Lately, I have been drawn to the original run much more than the Classics line. Must be the nostalgia factor.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    I really enjoyed the commemorative line. I understand some of the hatred that flared against it too though.

I can't imagine it would make it in to retail stores again, but I could see it working through MattyCollector.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

One of my great regrets was not picking up the original commemorative packs when I saw them on sale at some local comic store. Alas, I was poor as a churchmouse back then
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Court Magician Wonderbread He-Man's Avatar
    This is something they could bank on after the classics line wraps up. I don't see why anyone would pass up another wave of commemorative figures if they brought em out in 2016. Heck I still need to finish my collection of those.

I would only want Randor and Snakeface. Not a huge fan of those and don't currently have any.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    Would be a dream come true to be able to have a complete commemorative collection off all figures and vehicles/play sets. I'd be in 1000%!

They could re-release ALL vintage figures....it's by far much better than the giant collection !

It is what I am waiting on my side, with exclusive figures as Eldor, He-Ro etc

I think if a MOTU movie ever gets released, there is a better chance these would be re-released... much like the vintage TMNT line. Kids would buy the new MOTU while their parents would be like... whoa I remember these guys and pick a few up.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    It is what I am waiting on my side, with exclusive figures as Eldor, He-Ro etc
    I agree with this. I would love a commemorative line that actually included figures that were never released originally.

Even here in America it would be nice to get some of the European exclusives released.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    I agree with this. I would love a commemorative line that actually included figures that were never released originally.

Even here in America it would be nice to get some of the European exclusives released.
    Yesss, like the spanish laser light he-man!
    Thank you so much to my partners of He-Man.org for helping me to get MOTUC figures:

My Sell/Buy/Trade Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    I would love this! I remember seeing the figures around & wasn't able to get them. Luckily I found them again 3 years ago & bought them up.

It would be awesome to see He-Ro V1, Laser Power He-Man, and Laser Light Skeletor in the line as well. Oh! Wun-Dar too!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

One important thing to be considered by Mattel, is that the heads of commemorative figures should be the same or almost identical as vintage toys, it should not be problem here because there are so many figures on the market to get molds, the heads of he-man and faker commemorative are very different.

Judging by the giant figures, it looks like it's really hard for them to resculpt that original He-Man face. Maybe it's like Harrison Ford's face or William Shatner's. One of those that just seems impossible to get right.
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.