Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MOTU 1987 Movie Blu-ray coming!

A definite must have!! Cool!!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    They are cashing in on Expendables 2 with this I know it.
    Last edited by Sorceress; June 9, 2012 at 01:42am.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread He-Man View Post
    Please leave it be.....don't mess with it to much.

I wish they did a comic book continuation to the movie (what exactly happened after the movie , would Skelly seek revenge etc ??) and included it as a bonus......never gonna happen though.
    A comic continuation would be an amazing bonus!! I hope they include it! If they did one for the 40th MYP episode, why not the 1987 film?

Anyway, I can't wait for this blu-ray! A free digital copy with the blu-ray would be nice as well!

BTW: I hope that they use the Drew Struzan poster art for the cover of the blu-ray!
    Last edited by VZX; June 9, 2012 at 09:50am.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

This is the cover. The same basic shot we are used to.

Although I'd like there to be some, I doubt there will be any new extras. I'd be surprised if WB puts up the cash for the documentary.

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    I could have sworn I saw an interview with the director that said he's working on a "making of" project for this film.
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyPSHayes View Post
    I could have sworn I saw an interview with the director that said he's working on a "making of" project for this film.
    There was an independently produced documentary on the movie that will likely be included with the Toy Masters documentary when it hits DVD if Warner Brothers doesn't want it for this release.

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    There was an independently produced documentary on the movie that will likely be included with the Toy Masters documentary when it hits DVD if Warner Brothers doesn't want it for this release.
    THAT'S what I was thinking of!! Thanks for the info, Firefly!
    I love it when a plan comes together.

This is the cover. The same basic shot we are used to.

http://images.static-bluray.com/movi...0594_large.jpg

Although I'd like there to be some, I doubt there will be any new extras. I'd be surprised if WB puts up the cash for the documentary.
    Bummer, the Struzan poster is so much better. I'm so stoked for this, though. Any chance of a digital copy?
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Or the Earl Norem poster -- either would be a welcome change from the image WB has been using for years.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    lets hope the release is multi regional, there is little to no chance of this getting a uk release
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Yay for blu-ray! I'm excited to see this when it comes out

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    lets hope the release is multi regional, there is little to no chance of this getting a uk release
    Hooray for Blu-Ray!

Yah Boo for region coding....

My DVD is region free, but my PS3 is not. I can understand regions locks for big-budget modern movies getting a worldwide release, but older, more niche titles like this? Makes no sense, especially when, like GI JOE RENEGADES on Blu-Ray, there's absolutely no chancof a release making it to UK shores... so what exactly are they protecting against?
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I was asked to leave this off the main page for now. I guessing the plans for the DVD haven't been finalized, so I'm guessing we need to wait for an official announcement before putting it on the main page.
    Any update on a DVD re-release? I don't own blu-ray
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Any update on a DVD re-release? I don't own blu-ray
    It doesn't appear like there will be a new DVD release, but the current one is still available for cheap. So far, it doesn't appear like this blu-ray release will have any new features.

It doesn't appear like there will be a new DVD release, but the current one is still available for cheap. So far, it doesn't appear like this blu-ray release will have any new features.
    I wish they would say something.
    As Jim Bowers (from CapedWonder) had heard from his friend at WB that they were doing some optical work? (does that mean restoration?)
    So we gotta wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    As Jim Bowers (from CapedWonder) had heard from his friend at WB that they were doing some optical work? (does that mean restoration?)
    I think so. The blu-ray release should definitely look and sound better than the previous DVD release.

I think so. The blu-ray release should definitely look and sound better than the previous DVD release.
    Even that could be mentioned with this release. I feel if they do any restoration; it's for the better.

Widget
    Firstly, this being my first post on the forums in ages, there is a portion of interview with Gary Goddard explaining several making of aspects in MOTU the live action movie. And though I would have loved to have seen this on the blu-ray release, we are only getting the bare bones version that came about with the initial DVD release. Trailer, commentary by Goddard, and little else. The only difference to this blu-ray edition will be the remastering to accommodate for high definition viewing. That being said, I am a huge fan of the MOTU movie even though there are several things I nitpick on. I believe we all as He-Fans do it to this film now or have done so in the past as kids. In the age of the technological advancements, nostalgia still overpowers all here. The animated series made it's loud and proud comeback, and now we have Dolph Drago Lundgren being the live representation of what we've only seen animation and toys interpret.

Long story shortened, I am so grateful for the bare bones blu-ray release that it would tide me over until the decision to eventually do a making of properly. Let's get the surviving cast members to tell their tales. Heck, even get some of them for the commentary for an anniversary edition if and/or whenever it happens.

25th Anniversary MOTU Movie Blu-Ray

Amazon has it for pre-order with a release date of October 2nd. I searched and only found older threads where people were hoping for the Blu-ray. Am I missing something or is there no thread for the about to be released Blu-Ray?

Rejoice Masters, the Blu-Ray version of Langella's Skeletor is upon us!!

Hardly any new info received on this in several months. Has anyone who Pre-ordered received a copy? I need to know whether the disc is region free. I may order from Amazon.

As it stands I don't know whether this is even still on for an October 2nd review!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    I hope they do a Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

OK, I've done a little research into this blu-ray release, and a reputable UK based DVD importers have listed this on their site as being multi-region. This is great news. I've ordered myself a copy I'll confirm whether it is, indeed multi-region when my copy is delivered, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Reasonable price, too, £12.99 and £2.50 postage from the US (3-5 business days) which is fantastic I think

I just visited the bestbuy.com website, and on the details section of the MOTU blu ray, the Additional Features of the disc read: Commentary by Gary Goddard, Alternate Ending, (New $2K budget) Theatrical Trailer. Other than the Trailer and the commentary to which I know is on the standard disc of the movie, I do hope that the Alternate Ending, and the (New $2K budget) is in fact included. I've been sold with the announcement of the movie coming out on blu ray, but with hopefully these features being included, I'm look more forward to this disc even more.

Ooh! An alternative ending! I bet it's going to be minimally different seeing as according to the documentary except I saw on YouTube, by the time they were finishing the ending they were literally packing up as the film was effectively canned! What does 'new 2k budget' refer to? Does that relate to what they've spent on remastering the movie?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I am super excited for this... but the release also brought a bummer with it for me. WB put up an official Facebook page for the Blu-Ray release, which caused Facebook to delete my longstanding fan page for the film. Since the new page is just a company page for the Blu-Ray release, I highly doubt it will ever see any real updates or posts beyond the Blu-Ray sales news, which makes killing off my page hurt just a bit...

My actual site survived the transition, so for those who followed it through the fan page, you'll have to bookmark the page now or something- http://www.motumovie.com/

Sallah