Thread: FROSTA Tonner Doll Co. transformed Custom doll Filmation Style!!

FROSTA Tonner Doll Co. transformed Custom doll Filmation Style!!

There may be some people here who are not into dolls, but I received her yesterday by a very known repaint artist (Shannon Craven of Flutterwing Designs) and wanted to share this piece of art.

This repaint artists only does one of a kind (OOAK) dolls.

This artist used a regular Tonner doll and transformed her into Frosta, Ice Empress of Etheria.

I wanted Frosta to be based solely on her filmation design but with the addition of her collar from the style guide, but tapered more than that.

The outcome is amazing. I feel that she captured Frosta's personality in that gorgeous repainted face, sultry and sexy, the way Frosta should be.

The artist created the ensemble, fitted a new blue wig and repainted the dolls entire face to resemble Frosta. Check her out, every detail was taken into consideration and executed perfectly.

Hope you all like!

Full Body Shot #1:

Full Body Shot #2:

Close up Frosta's Face:

Close Up Action Pose #1:

Close Up Action Pose #2:

Heroic Warrior
    I think this is amazing and if I were a doll collector it would be a must have.

EXCELLENT work on that custom alteration of that doll! That looks AMAZING!

Superb work!

That turned out great! I don't much care for Tonner stuff. I'm not into the doll aesthetic overall, but they do make dolls from some interesting licenses. I just never like their faces. But, I have to say this repainted Frosta's face looks totally amazing. If this sort of product looking like this were offered up, I might actually be tempted!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

That is beautiful.
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

She's pretty dang neat. Mattel should be putting out this kind of stuff.

Beautifully done. On the full-body shots, I thought her face looked more Catra-like, but the closeups are definitely VERY Frosta! My favorite POP character is getting some well-deserved attention!
    Last edited by Mistico; April 29, 2012 at 04:23pm.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

Wow, that looks fantastic. You should grab a Barbie doll, freeze it in a block of ice and take an image of Frosta exacting her cold revenge on that superficial evil blonde step sister of hers.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    very nice.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by docfairday View Post
    I think this is amazing and if I were a doll collector it would be a must have.
    I'm so glad that you agree that this would be enticing for any doll collectors who are fans of he-man and she-ra. Could you imagine a Teela or Sorceress, those would be amazing. I'd also like to see a Castaspella or maybe even a Catra.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    EXCELLENT work on that custom alteration of that doll! That looks AMAZING!
    Superb work!
    Shannon is an amazing artistic repaint artist. She does celebrities as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    That turned out great! I don't much care for Tonner stuff. I'm not into the doll aesthetic overall, but they do make dolls from some interesting licenses. I just never like their faces. But, I have to say this repainted Frosta's face looks totally amazing. If this sort of product looking like this were offered up, I might actually be tempted!
    Thanks, Shannon really listened to everything I said and even watched some clips of Frosta on youtube to understand her character. I'm a fan and collector of Tonner Characters, but some do have an odd look to them, those I just don't purchase. I mainly have DC, Marvel and Miss Piggy/Kermit.

That's also so awesome to know that if this were available to purchase, you would be tempted. I think Shannon did her job then! I also wish Mattel would do something like this with Barbies, kind of like what they did with Marvel and DC Characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyke View Post

That is beautiful.
    Thanks, I feel like the artist really captured Frosta's character and the costume is spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    She's pretty dang neat. Mattel should be putting out this kind of stuff.
    I wish Mattel would put out products like this. It would make a lot of She-ra fans very VERY happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistico View Post
    Beautifully done. On the full-body shots, I thought her face looked more Catra-like, but the closeups are definitely VERY Frosta! My favorite POP character is getting some well-deserved attention!
    You know, I could see where you're coming from with the whole Catra thing. I love Frosta and am looking forward to having her as a Classics figure in September!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Wow, that looks fantastic. You should grab a Barbie doll, freeze it in a block of ice and take an image of Frosta exacting her cold revenge on that superficial evil blonde step sister of hers.
    LOL...Only problem would be barbie would look tiny compared to Frosta. Frosta is a 16 inch doll and barbie is a 12 inch doll. Although, great funny idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    very nice.
    Thanks!

That is spectacular, my wife and I collect Tonner dolls and love to see when real artists work them into new creations!

I would totally buy a line of POP themed Tonner Dolls
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That is spectacular, my wife and I collect Tonner dolls and love to see when real artists work them into new creations!

I would totally buy a line of POP themed Tonner Dolls

Thanks, Mark, What line(s) do you and your wife collect?

Yeah, Shannon Craven (Flutterwing Designs) is a big known repaint artist and a friend of mine. She does amazing work. She's posted her work on tonner's fb page. She recently did Strom from X-men.

I would totally buy a line of she-ra dolls from tonner, but that question was asked to the company and said they wouldn't do a line like that because it's mattel's property. Take that as you'd like. But could you imagine?!

I think she looks terrific - really great costuming details and painting, especially on the lips. What shade is that, Frosta, hmmm?

That said, these types of dolls with their horribly emaciated bodies always leave me feeling they encourage anorexia in young girls. But then, maybe young girls don't have them and they're purely purchased by adult collectors?

I am not much of a Tonner collector, I have the Superman and Lois Lane that came out in the 90's, but I am a really big fan and this is a true work of art. Shannon really did an incredible job on this doll. I anxiously await any further customs, POP or not.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I think she looks terrific - really great costuming details and painting, especially on the lips. What shade is that, Frosta, hmmm?

That said, these types of dolls with their horribly emaciated bodies always leave me feeling they encourage anorexia in young girls. But then, maybe young girls don't have them and they're purely purchased by adult collectors?
    Disneyboy, thank you. She really did come out terrific!
    As for these types of dolls, they do have dolls slated as curvey for purchase on their site. But I understand what you mean. But then again, the majority of girl dolls are insanely skinny and sometimes slutty (i really hate those brat dolls.) I think, because of price point, it's usually adult collectors when it comes to tonner dolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I am not much of a Tonner collector, I have the Superman and Lois Lane that came out in the 90's, but I am a really big fan and this is a true work of art. Shannon really did an incredible job on this doll. I anxiously await any further customs, POP or not.
    I remember that set from the 90's!
    Shannon is amazing. She had already done a She-ra. Wish I had more funds for another POP lady...maybe in the future, who knows. But, I am extremely satisfied on how Frosta came out!

She's done a She-Ra already? Google Images here I come. Thanks for the info.
    Until now.

Okay, I found Shannon Craven's She-Ra and Jem dolls. Absolutely incredible. No wonder this Frosta looks so good; she was created by a real artist.
    Until now.

She's done a She-Ra already? Google Images here I come. Thanks for the info.
    Yes, she has done those and they are spectacular!

Okay, I found Shannon Craven's She-Ra and Jem dolls. Absolutely incredible. No wonder this Frosta looks so good; she was created by a real artist.
    Yes, she is a professional repaint artists who's done many throughout the years. She did a Storm from Marvel, did you see those pics..A-MAZING!

As for these types of dolls, they do have dolls slated as curvey for purchase on their site. But I understand what you mean. But then again, the majority of girl dolls are insanely skinny and sometimes slutty (i really hate those brat dolls.) I think, because of price point, it's usually adult collectors when it comes to tonner dolls.
    Yeah, the Bratz made my eyes pop out of my head the first time I saw them I'm glad you didn't think I was trying to infer something negative about you though - I totally get that you work with what's available, and there's no denying, this doll looks terrific!

Yes, she is a professional repaint artists who's done many throughout the years. She did a Storm from Marvel, did you see those pics..A-MAZING!
    *Google searches*

Hey - she's a nice lady! I like her office set-up too. There's a whole video interview with her. Definitely check it out if you haven't...