Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrating 30 Years of Princess of Power

Celebrating 30 Years of Princess of Power

Addendum: May 12, 2012

Join the Cause! Let's show Mattel that Princess of Power's 30th Anniversary SHOULD be celebrated, and not glazed over "because POP is a part of MOTU now". POP is an important part of this franchise's history, and should get due recognition. Perhaps Mattel and Classic Media need to know just how much fans and collectors are willing to be out supporting Princess of Power.

What do we as fans and collectors want? More POP figures in the Masters of the Universe Classics line, classic packaging for our MOTUC POP figures in 2015, maybe even a Commemorative Series of the vintage figures in 2015! With more POP figures released by 2015, we could see POP MOTUC figs re-released packaged in Vintage POP designed packaging, or even do multi-packs that pay homage to vintage multi-packs. Classic Media may already have plans to go crazy in 2015 with merchandising and multi-media releases - but let's be proactive and show them we're waiting. There are many ways we could Celebrate POP...from now to the 30th Anniversary.

Let us as fans, consumers and collectors show the power of numbers! Come LIKE us at Celebrating POP. Support fan demand for a Celebration of Princess of Power, and the build-up to a great 30-Year Anniversary in 2015!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Celebr...P/288325415324

Original Post: April 29, 2012
    2012 is not quite half way over yet - there may still be things that are yet to be revealed in the way of celebrating MOTU's 30th - so perhaps I'm speaking too soon. As I understand it, Princess of Power and New Adventures have been effectively absorbed into MOTU (which I think is a good thing), but thus far, we have seen NOTHING that represents either of these two crucial chapters of the Masters of the Universe franchise. Further, it's understood that there will be NO attempts to celebrate POP and NA on their respective anniversaries. Yes, there are fans/collectors that could care less about POP or NA - this post is not for them.

This post is done to support the demand for more POP and NA in MOTUC line, and bring awareness to ToyGuru and Mattel. As the line presses on, many collectors are becoming more and more anxious as the vintage MOTU characters continue to get the lion's share of the distribution. Two monthly POP characters, and one monthly NA character a year is simply not acceptable. We are all MOTU fans, but many of us are frothing at the mouth to see contemporary versions of Castaspella, Flogg, Glimmer, Sagitar, and Angella. It's EASY to imagine what Spikor, Ninjor or Flying Fist He-Man are going to look like. But POP and NA characters are truly a toss up, since extra steps are being taken to make them more cohesive in the MOTU line - this is what makes the MOTUC line exciting to me.

So I post this message for all my fellow POP and NA fans to let their voices be heard. What sort of steps should the MOTUC line take to be a more balanced, well-represented line? What should be done to celebrate Princess of Power's 30th Anniversary in 2015?

Here's my list (WARNING: Some ideas MAY be a bit grandiose, but it's what the fans want):
    1. 2015 should have strong POP representation in the MOTUC line in all available slots - monthly, variant, beast/oversized, etc.
    2. SDCC and other Convention exclusives should be POP-centric in 2015.
    3. A comic book series featuring the MOTUC/200x version of the Secret of the Sword (She-Ra's origin story). This story has yet to be told.
    4. A DTV (Direct to Video) cartoon movie that features the POP cast, or an animated MOTUC/200x Secret of the Sword movie.
    5. POP merchandise
    6. A commemorative series based on the vintage action figures - packaged like the vintage line with rooted hair and soft good clothes.
    7. A "Then-And-Now" 2 Pack featuring a commemorative vintage figure packaged with it's MOTUC counter part.
    8. A commemorative series based on the vintage figures, but with sculpted hair and clothing - packaged like vintage MOTU and accompanied by Horde figures to commemorate the original cartoon series.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mykan; May 18, 2012 at 02:17pm. Reason: Updated material
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I'm just going to agree with ALL of your list.

POP and NA just don't get the same treatment that the vintage toys / comics get. It just seems this is purely what Scott wants and not what we do. or at least not all of us.

Attachment 75616
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I have a strong feeling that by the end of 2014, we'll have numerous PoP and NA figures. However, one could make the argument that we have quite a few PoP figures if we include PoP Filmation and Horde.

I think NA has gotten the real shaft, not PoP.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I have a strong feeling that by the end of 2014, we'll have numerous PoP and NA figures. However, one could make the argument that we have quite a few PoP figures if we include PoP Filmation and Horde.

The Horde haven't been marketed as POP though, they've been marketed as the Horde, if you're going to use that argument, then Hordak is POP, which he clearly isn't.

But yes I agree that NA has come off the worst.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Cool ideas. One thing I was thinking about, is maybe She-Ra and Catra done in Monster High style. The original PoP toy line and Monster High are very similar character and name-wise. Story-wise, they are very different. I think doing them in Monster High style could help interest a lot more people into discovering or rediscovering PoP. Especially if the new, rumored PoP cartoon does happen. Cross promotion, Mattel owns both and Monster High is CRAZY popular and successful right now.

A PoP SDCC exclusive item could work. I'm not sure how everyone would feel about this, but I've said this a few times over the years. I think the PERFECT way to release Castaspella and Kowl would be together. One pack would be Filmation accurate colours and the other would be Toy accurate colours. The sculpt is the same, so colouration is the only difference. If they don't do it that way, I don't see how we would be able to get both versions of those characters. There's a Golden Book where Castaspella has an evil cousin Allepsatsac (Castaspella spelled backwards). She's reverse-Filmation colours, but identical to Castaspella. In the UK Ladybird books, Castaspella looks like the toy version...but she is evil. Long story short, the toy coloured version of Castaspella could be Allepsatsac.

Either that or toy Catra vs Toy She-Ra and they can come with lots of different parts to make different versions of them throughout the years (including an all-new Filmation She-Ra head...because the 4H prototype looks 1000 times better than the one we actually got in MOTUC). That way, they would just change the pack-out, like they have been doing the last couple years.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'll just be happy with more figures from these 2 series. I am a supporter of all things Motu/Pop related so I would love to see anything from your list.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Cool ideas. One thing I was thinking about, is maybe She-Ra and Catra done in Monster High style. The original PoP toy line and Monster High are very similar character and name-wise. Story-wise, they are very different. I think doing them in Monster High style could help interest a lot more people into discovering or rediscovering PoP. Especially if the new, rumored PoP cartoon does happen. Cross promotion, Mattel owns both and Monster High is CRAZY popular and successful right now.

A PoP SDCC exclusive item could work. I'm not sure how everyone would feel about this, but I've said this a few times over the years. I think the PERFECT way to release Castaspella and Kowl would be together. One pack would be Filmation accurate colours and the other would be Toy accurate colours. The sculpt is the same, so colouration is the only difference. If they don't do it that way, I don't see how we would be able to get both versions of those characters. There's a Golden Book where Castaspella has an evil cousin Allepsatsac (Castaspella spelled backwards). She's reverse-Filmation colours, but identical to Castaspella. In the UK Ladybird books, Castaspella looks like the toy version...but she is evil. Long story short, the toy coloured version of Castaspella could be Allepsatsac.

Either that or toy Catra vs Toy She-Ra and they can come with lots of different parts to make different versions of them throughout the years (including an all-new Filmation She-Ra head...because the 4H prototype looks 1000 times better than the one we actually got in MOTUC). That way, they would just change the pack-out, like they have been doing the last couple years.
    Do you have a picture? I wasn't aware it was any different.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post

If you go by CHARACTERS that were in the PoP toy line, we have 8 and 1 beast (She-Ra, Bubble Power She-Ra, Catra, Bow, the 3 Star Sisters and the upcoming Frosta). Horde Prime and Shadow Weaver were from the PoP cartoon, the other Horde members were MOTU figures in the 80's. So, the most anyone could really claim, would be 11 PoP toys in MOTUC. It's very true that NA is royally getting shafted, but PoP is only getting a little better treatment. There are SO many toys from both lines yet to be released...and some of the PoP characters are VERY worthy of getting variants based on looking extremely different (like Queen Angella, for example).

Not including cartoon or comic characters, PoP still needs 17 (19 if you include Toy She-Ra and Toy Catra who look nothing like the ones we got), 7 horses (8 if you include the all-pink, female Swiftwind...9 if they don't make the all blue Arrow), Clawdeen (Catra's cat) and Butterflyer if they make her into a Megator and Tytus giant type (because she kind of is).

NA has 25 figures to be made (including ALL their variants).

Not including the cartoon and comic characters (but even if you do), PoP has a lot more items to be made than NA still.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Do you have a picture? I wasn't aware it was any different.
    Her head doesn't have the "sunken in" look in the middle, and the "wings" on her tiara look crisper, more detailed and more accurate. I'm not sure what happened from prototype-to-toy...but the 4H nailed it and the actual product...not so much.

Last edited by Darkspecter; April 29, 2012 at 11:05pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    So in 2019 are we supposed to celebrate 30 years of NA He-Man???

I think celebrating the 30th of MOTU as a whole is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post

That's the whole point. We're not celebrating it as a whole. Parts are being left out in favour of other parts.

I said this in the RGD episode 84 thread, but for NA's anniversary, it would be cool to get more NA figures that year, like: Darius and Mara (the prototype figures), Crita, Master Sebrian, etc. We know Mattel doesn't really have anything in their archives about NA (hence asking fans for scans of packaging for each character), so more figures in that year would be really cool...and maybe making the SDCC exclusive something NA-related. Like...He-Man and Skeletor that transform INTO NA He-Man and Skeletor (like in the mini-comic when Skeletor tries to stop He-Man from transforming and he gets fried). That would be one hell of a two-pack, in my opinion. Skeletor's pretty creepy looking (like acid melted Keldor, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    A PoP SDCC exclusive item could work. I'm not sure how everyone would feel about this, but I've said this a few times over the years. I think the PERFECT way to release Castaspella and Kowl would be together. One pack would be Filmation accurate colours and the other would be Toy accurate colours.
    I have never seen this stated before. I LOVE that idea.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Scott has clearly stated that there are no plans in the work for POP's 30th as it is now part of MOTUC, and yet nothing as been done with POP as of yet. We've seen style guide art for MOTU (no females) and several companies have announced a licensing deal to produce merch of He-Man. If POP and NA are part of the whole MOTUC then lets see some representation for that this year. Mattel could have done a second SDCC exclusive of concept She-Ra.

I love all the ideas in the OP but I'd just be happy with some more POP characters (rebellion) in the line this year. I'll be very saddened if we don't see another POP female this year. How about next year is an even split, half male and half female, that would get the rebellion ranks up.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I actually love how Scott described his view of POP in the podcast. It is part of He-Man and therefore celebrates its anniversary this year. I DO think there needs to be more POP product released over the next few years (more than the standard 2 a year or so) but I don't like the idea of singling it out or giving any of it over to Mattel's girl department. Keep it as a He-Man spin off, not as a Barbie side project. Hopefully we'll get some big names like Kowl, Glimmer, Castaspella, Angella, Razz, Mermista, etc. very soon. I HATE that we've got so few of the prominent Filmation staring POP characters so far. A SDCC exclusive that is POP released would be fun that year though.

She-Ra is part of the MOTUC property now?

Then She-Ra and/or Hordak should be on a glass in the Tumbler set that's coming. I mean, non-fans know who She-Ra is as well as they know He-Man. Everyone knows She-Ra.

Not planning an anniversary of ANY type... not even ONE special event or item is actually rather insulting to a nice chunk of the overly loyal customer base that help keep this line alive. I understand that he is saying that POP is part of MOTU now, but the POP cartoon and toy line were huge... and commemorating that with an anniversary of some sort, with some appreciation type items and things for loyal fans, would be so greatly appreciated. I think Scott highly values any love from the customers... this would be a great way to get some from the POP fans.

POP fans have been asking for something like this, and there really is no reason NOT to do it. It could be done within the budgetary restraints that the line has. It's starting to feel like we were all lured in to supporting this line with the suggestion that POP, NA, and mini-comic characters would have a large presence. Where's Lodar? Geldor? Ok, we have Preternia Disguise He-Man, and the upcoming TOD Sorceress, and The Goddes... they're all repaint/variants though Ok...

Poor NA has 3 figures....

We have more POG characters than POP individual characters, which seems wrong. I am NOT saying that the POG characters are something I don't want... I just want them more spread out... same with vintage MOTU and concepts... spread them out.

Catra
    Shadow Weaver
    Bow
    Swift Wind
    She-Ra/Bubble Power She-Ra/Adora
    Starla
    Jewelstar
    Tallstar
    Glory Bird

vs.

King Grayskull / King Grayskull 2.0
    The Goddess
    Zodak (who also counts as MYP)
    Sir Laser Lot (upcoming)
    Vikor
    Demo-Man
    Vykron 1
    Vykron 2
    Vykron 3
    He-Ro
    Megator
    Tytus

I think, at this point, the fact that we don't have the small collection of characters that comprise "We, and my friends of the great rebellion," (The "We" being She-Ra, Madame Razz, Kowl, Light Hope, and the "friends" being Frosta, Castaspella, Angella, Glimmer, Bow, and a Twigget... ok, I'll say whatever on the Twigget), is just making a lot of the loyal, usual multiple buying POP fans a bit anxious, and upset. Incidentally, that line is from the opening of the POP cartoon, if you are unfamiliar.

We are incredibly loyal customers. I sometimes feel as though Mattel is laughing at us.
    Last edited by bcrduke; April 30, 2012 at 01:21am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    I was hoping we'd at least have the "Big 3" of She-Ra by now (or at the very least, announced)...maybe another Rebel in the mix...we're one behind. Where's Glimmer? She is to PoP what Man-At-Arms is to MotU.
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I think, at this point, the fact that we don't have the small collection of characters that comprise "We, and my friends of the great rebellion," (The "We" being She-Ra, Madame Razz, Kowl, Light Hope, and the "friends" being Frosta, Castaspella, Angella, Glimmer, Bow, and a Twigget, is just making a lot of the loyal, usual multiple buying POP fans a bit anxious, and upset.
    I 100% agree with this statement. We need all or most of these ASAP! But I don't feel like they need to come as part of any anniversary event. Just get them out there because they need to be made to complete Classics. The SDCC item should be POP themed but not concept character themed since we've hit the high points on that with the Stat Sisters already.

Yeah, I think they Castaspella / Kowl thing is a good idea for SDCC... but maybe that can't happen... maybe we will get one of those sooner!! One can only hope.

Madame Razz is due.... She and Broom and Kowl need to come out for SDCC next year... and Kowl needs to be yellow for SDCC (like the toy) and brown on Mattycollector. EVERY POP fan will buy two of each. Or most of us will. I will. So there, Mattel $120 just from me.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Just an FYI, Toyguru should have said PoP is a part of MOTUC and not MOTU. If PoP were part of MOTU, they wouldn't be licensed out separately and Mill Creek would have done the new She-Ra DVD sets (since they would have gained the rights with MOTU). This is why we aren't seeing more PoP characters on stuff. Separate licenses. I think NA works the same way. They are all separate licences. In MOTUC, they are one brand. Everywhere else, they are separate.

Scott's answer actually kind of depressed me. If the anniversaries of "all" the lines in MOTUC are being celebrated this year, wouldn't it have made more sense to make ONE mini-comic for each vintage line, as opposed to what they did do?

The PoP one would be when She-Ra and the Great Rebellion beat Hordak and he fleas to Eternia.
    The MOTU one could be about what happens when Hordak arrives on Eternia.
    The NA one would be when they set out on their NA adventure

(all MOTUC canon based on the bios, of course)

That's more 30th Anniversary than the "retelling" of the Powers of Grayskull comic, which has many changes, characters that wouldn't be there and story line changes. If POG parts 2 and 3 were made, Teela would be Teela (not the Sorceress), there would be no Snake-Man-At-Arms, King Grayskull and Hordak and the 30th Anniversary characters would not appear (as well as other things I will not spoil). Mattel took a few plot points from the old comic(s) and are marketing them as the story finished or continued for marketing purposes. It's just like when old movies get remade and are VERY different from the original source (21 Jump Street and Dark Shadows come to mind). The name and few plot points still remain, but it's quite different from the source.

We would also be seeing other merch from PoP and NA...but we are not. Mattel is only focusing on the 30th Anniversary of the MOTU toy line (which they should, because THAT is the anniversary). The only possible reason I can think Toyguru said that, is because Mattel won't do anything and pretending all the anniversaries are being celebrated this year would make fans less angry/depressed when nothing happens for their actual anniversaries.

PoP was revolutionary for it's toy line and cartoon. First female action figures ever and first lead female super hero movie (there's a book written about that). Wave 1 of the PoP toy line also outsold wave 1 of MOTU's toy line. It's not a trend that lasted, but that's still one hell of a feat. I think PoP deserves something special for it's 30th Anniversary (when it comes).

Yeah, I think they Castaspella / Kowl thing is a good idea for SDCC... but maybe that can't happen... maybe we will get one of those sooner!! One can only hope.

Madame Razz is due.... She and Broom and Kowl need to come out for SDCC next year... and Kowl needs to be yellow for SDCC (like the toy) and brown on Mattycollector. EVERY POP fan will buy two of each. Or most of us will. I will. So there, Mattel $120 just from me.
    Interesting...

I agree that the toy coloured figures should be SDCC exclusive, and MattyCollector gets the Filmation coloured ones. SOOO many people would burn Mattel to the ground if they did the opposite.

I sometimes feel as though Mattel is laughing at us.
    In RGD episode 84, Toyguru said he DOES laugh at us! It was regarding Tallstar's trademark thread, because we think Monster High TM's are MOTUC ones because they're named so similarly (Clawdeen Wolf was his example). Then he added he laughed not to be mean or anything, but he found it amusing. Still...proves he laughs at us.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; April 30, 2012 at 01:55am.

This thread topic is LONG OVER DUE!

I've been thinking these same thoughts:

This post is done to support the demand for more POP and NA in MOTUC line, and bring awareness to ToyGuru and Mattel. As the line presses on, many collectors are becoming more and more anxious as the vintage MOTU characters continue to get the lion's share of the distribution. Two monthly POP characters, and one monthly NA character a year is simply not acceptable.
    Not sound entitled, but yes. She-Ra's in the line, but not in a way that's going to lead to many characters being made long-term. I have this awful fear that in three year's time, MOTUC will be dead, and all we'll have are the standard body female POPers, like Glimmer, Angella and Casta...and no one else, to add to our collections. That would make me very, very sad.

And the thought that Mattel isn't the least bit interested in celebrating her 35th Anniversary? Well, that's just wrong! Especially with a toyline on the market! Why wouldn't they make plans to celebrate it?

As for the suggestions some have made about potential merch, I don't think a DTV is on the table at this point, but definitely some commemorative glasses like the MOTU ones, would be nice and appropriate. Filmation-style maquette sculptures of He-Man and She-Ra would be widely popular with animation fans and MOTU/POPers. Heck, some fans are trying to make their own because Mattel just isn't interested in capitalizing on these properties and their far-reaching appeal. Thundercats merch is all over the place, and was even before the new show debuted.

I honestly hope Mattel changes their tune on this. She-Ra's a great property! Be proud of her! Celebrate her when the time comes, and please, don't mess us all over by putting her entire cast of characters on your back-burner, figure-production-wise.

I'm all or celebrating POP's anniversary in 2015. I think there should be a special logo made that goes only on POP-related packaging.

Here's my wishlist of POP stuff for the next few years:

2012 -
    Sweet Bee or Perfuma (we got a heavy-hitter in the form of Frosta. Time for a less-requested character... and we really need another Rebellion member this year)

2013 -
    Glimmer (heavy hitter, needs to be made sooner than later)
    Netossa (not so requested, but amazing looking)
    Mermista (heavy hitter)
    Clawdeen (beast)

Castaspella
    Double Trouble
    Scorpia
    Storm (beast)

2015 - Heavy POP anniversary year!
    Starburst She-Ra (quarterly variant)
    Entraptra
    Sweet Bee or Perfuma (whichever is left)
    Flutterina
    Octavia
    SDCC Exclusive - Light & Madam Razz w/Broom (and for this, I think Light Hope should be a cylinder that lights up, but also have a newly-designed "humanoid" form that could fit into the cylinder.)

And then we can go from there into the future. But by the time POP's anniversary has come around, we're getting about 3 POP figures a year and have a ton of great characters out, and it leaves some important characters and variants (like Queen Angella, Crystal Horses, Spirti, Arrow, etc.) for the future.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Remember the press release in 2010 for She-Ra's 25th, where Mattel said they would be celebrating the anniversary by incorporating POP figures in MOTUC? Or when they said they didn't have the money for a She-Ra statue? While I'm not really chomping at the bit for an SDCC She-Ra statue, the point is that it's kind of frustrating to me as a POP fan when Mattel is able to come up with all these additional resources to celebrate MOTU.

Anyhow, I've said this elsewhere, but I can't really fault the licensees' for not including POP characters on their merchandise because it's considered a separate license by Classic Media; the exception being the She-Ra character herself, who occasionally is included on 30th anniversary products like the costume from Rubies or T-Shirts. But really, those items aren't anything special because they've been available for the last couple years from various retailers...and I can't exactly do much with a She-Ra costume. The thing is, at least Classic Media (and Entertainment Rights before them) have lofty ideas for expanding the property, even though most of the time the end product never materializes or remains in development. (i.e. the deal with Vivendi for direct-to-dvd movies, the She-Ra band idea, the live-action She-Ra series and so on.) With Mattel, however, it seems like their idea of celebrating is randomly sticking She-Ra on something (like a panel in the mini-comics) or giving away statues that most of us will never see and calling it a day. Princess of Power deserves so much more than that.

I'm just really confused why a brand with so much potential is seemingly being reeled in? POP can cross over into areas that are not as easily accessible to MOTU.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm sure TG's argument will be, "you guys got the Star Sisters and your getting Frosta, What other way can we include POP in the 30th?" I would be inclined to agree with that. Plus we might get more POP in the coming months.

The whole idea of celebrating the 30th shouldn't be how many POP figures vs. How many NA figures... etc. This has become a very childish argument on the threads. Why can't the 30th be a simple recognition of the line as a whole being around for so long and knowing how popular it has been for this long? Other companies are releasing products that reflect the 30th.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    The whole idea of celebrating the 30th shouldn't be how many POP figures vs. How many NA figures... etc. This has become a very childish argument on the threads. Why can't the 30th be a simple recognition of the line as a whole being around for so long and knowing how popular it has been for this long? Other companies are releasing products that reflect the 30th.
    I agree with you that the the question should not become POP figures vs. NA figures. In fact, I think most (if not all) POP fans can agree with that sentiment. 'We' aren't the ones who typically bring that argument up, because 'we' acknowledge that NA is a branch of the MOTU family tree that's received even less attention than POP.

Also, the argument is not that 'we' are necessarily against having a unified 30th Anniversary--the argument is that what's being done isn't a unified anniversary. POP (and NA) have not been included thus far amongst the new 30th anniversary merchandise (e.g., the glasses, the new artwork, etc.). That's the problem. And even that is only problematic insofar as the claim has been made that the current celebration is supposed to be all-encompassing--if Mattel had called a spade-a-spade and said this year would be devoted to honoring the vintage MOTU line, and down the road we'll provide similar anniversary celebrations for POP, NA, 200X, etc., then--ostensibly--this thread wouldn't exist.

Oh, and obviously, I support Mykan's original post.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    yes, I see. That makes sense. If they have MOTU glasses, they may as well have some POP and NA ones too. Seems fair. This goes for other merchandise as well, like soundtracks and stuff like that.