Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrating 30 Years of Princess of Power

Michael, I agree with your ideas. :-)
    Manny

The thought of waiting over two years for Kowl makes me sad

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer but...

I'm really disappointed with the 30th anniversary of MOTU so far. There's no visibility anywhere. When i went to WonderCon, they were hardly any vendors with a lot of MOTUC figures, there were no banners, no Mattel Presence etc.

I thought we were going to be getting T shirts, keyrings etc. And it's May now and nothing has happened yet. The only thing we're getting that's kinda big is the 6 issue DC comic. Other than that, a lackluster exclusive and '30Th anniversary series' that do not have any connection with the brand as we came to love and cherish it.

So I DOUBT we're going to get an exciting POP birthday celebration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

It would be great to the POP's 30th to be celebrated but I can't see them doing anything. Despite been one of the largest and most vocal parts of the fan base and all the POP releases selling very well so far something is stopping us from getting a decent amount of POP figures each year.

I honestly think that were 2-3 figures behind where POP currently should be and I think that Glimmer not been done yet is a travesty. If we can get another new POP girl in 2012 and a new one previewed for 2013 as an incentive for POP fans to buy the sub then i'll be really pleased with that. I have strong feeling well be getting fobbed off with Sea Hawk and will basically be told to be happy weve got another POP release but I really hope he's not one of the first few 2013 figures and is used to entice POP fans into buying a sub. I can see POP fans been majorly ticked off if he is and Sea Hawk won't get POP fans on the whole to buy a sub, where one of the unreleased POP girls would potentially. When POP fans say they want POP characters they are on the whole talking about the female characters since before filmation rights we only had Bow (already done), Kowl and Loo-Kee and management and Toyguru know this.

By the end of 2013 I want to see all these characters in the line at least:

Glimmer
    Castaspella
    Queen Angella
    Scorpia

I don't think that's a lot to ask.
    Last edited by Jubilation; April 30, 2012 at 04:12pm.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

If they DARE to make the 2013 sub exclusive another POP figure next year, they're going to have a REAL Rebellion on their hands!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    If they DARE to make the 2013 sub exclusive another POP figure next year, they're going to have a REAL Rebellion on their hands!
    I don't think they will not again, I can see it been a variant of He-Man or Skeletor next year.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List

I thoroughly support the sentiment of this thread. She-Ra's 25th anniversary was lacklustre at best ad while He-Man's 30th has been crammed with items, the execution has largely been a disappointment.

She-Ra needs a celebration for her 30th. I think the statements Toyguru has made about POP being included in MOTUC does a dis-service to the brand and its potential for being marketed to an entirely new audience. The Polly Pocket set was great last year, but can you imagine She-Ra Barbies? Two hugely iconic Mattel brands united to bring major $$$ to their pockets.

I wonder if Scott is denying that anything will take place because a) it's way too soon and b) he doesn't want any potential spoilers to get out there. I do wonder though that the execution of She-Ra's 30th might need someone else at the helm - unless Scott feels up to the challenge. I've been thrilled with the POP figures we've seen thus far, but he's hardly been proactive at including them in MOTUC.

I hope that Classic Media intend to celebrate her 30th. They seem a lot more on-board with She-Ra than Mattel do right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I think NA has gotten the real shaft, not PoP.
    I think that's accurate and it too is inexcusable. My position on this is that NA fans need to raise their voices - because they just don't seem to be as numerous. Some of the more fan-demanded POP characters easily match and in some cases exceed the demand for MOTU characters. That isn't the case with NA...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Cool ideas. One thing I was thinking about, is maybe She-Ra and Catra done in Monster High style. The original PoP toy line and Monster High are very similar character and name-wise. Story-wise, they are very different. I think doing them in Monster High style could help interest a lot more people into discovering or rediscovering PoP. Especially if the new, rumored PoP cartoon does happen. Cross promotion, Mattel owns both and Monster High is CRAZY popular and successful right now.

A PoP SDCC exclusive item could work. I'm not sure how everyone would feel about this, but I've said this a few times over the years. I think the PERFECT way to release Castaspella and Kowl would be together. One pack would be Filmation accurate colours and the other would be Toy accurate colours. The sculpt is the same, so colouration is the only difference. If they don't do it that way, I don't see how we would be able to get both versions of those characters. There's a Golden Book where Castaspella has an evil cousin Allepsatsac (Castaspella spelled backwards). She's reverse-Filmation colours, but identical to Castaspella. In the UK Ladybird books, Castaspella looks like the toy version...but she is evil. Long story short, the toy coloured version of Castaspella could be Allepsatsac.
    Darkspecter, the Monster High idea rocks, as does your Castaspella/Kowl suggestion - great ideas. If there's a colour vote at this year's SDCC, I expect it will concern her (although maybe they'll abandon that concept entirely due to the sub Fan Choice vote). I never liked the concept of Allepsatsac though. People complain about the 'campiness' of Castaspella's name (which I actually think is kinda clever in an uber-kitsche way!), but giving her a cousin with her named spelled backwards always seemed a little too silly for me.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Keep it as a He-Man spin off, not as a Barbie side project.
    She-Ra will always be a He-Man spinoff, BUT there are other ways of bringing fans to the brand. Barbie is an enormous line of enormous power - I see POP Barbies as a great way to bring renewed interest in the She-Ra characters (and largely the POP toyline) while MOTUC continues the way it's been going.

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    I was hoping we'd at least have the "Big 3" of She-Ra by now (or at the very least, announced)...maybe another Rebel in the mix...we're one behind. Where's Glimmer? She is to PoP what Man-At-Arms is to MotU.
    ~RK
    As much as I love and want Glimmer, I wouldn't be surprised if they held her or perhaps Queen Angella back as they have with Ram-Man. I understand the business logic of those tactics, as cruel as they may seem. What I don't understand is the enormous lack of POP characters as a whole. I'm pleased we got Swift Wind and Shadow Weaver (although don't get me started on the latter's debacle). Star Sisters could have waited, IMO. In-between Catra and Frosta are fifteen months of no POP monthly releases. They could have scattered one if not two or three in there.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Not sound entitled, but yes. She-Ra's in the line, but not in a way that's going to lead to many characters being made long-term. I have this awful fear that in three year's time, MOTUC will be dead, and all we'll have are the standard body female POPers, like Glimmer, Angella and Casta...and no one else, to add to our collections. That would make me very, very sad.
    I hear ya, DisneyBoy. You're right to be worried. We've all been clamouring for the likes of Glimmer and Castaspella for so long that it feels like Peekablue, Netossa and Flutterina are literally years away from us. As long as Mattel insist on releasing the MOTU heavy-hitters, they'll soon be in trouble and we'll be the ones suffering. I'd hazard a guess that the second and third waves of POP characters would sell infinitely better than Vykron...

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    yes, I see. That makes sense. If they have MOTU glasses, they may as well have some POP and NA ones too. Seems fair. This goes for other merchandise as well, like soundtracks and stuff like that.
    You see, I don't think it's about fairness. Mattel are a business and need to do what they imagine will be profitable for them. MOTUC has been running long enough to include more POP and NA characters without the worry of the bubble bursting. With the glasses, She-Ra's image is known around the world and could have easily sold more... NA characters...erm, I don't think any of them have the same sort of sway...

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    By the end of 2013 I want to see all these characters in the line at least:

Glimmer
    Castaspella
    Queen Angella
    Scorpia

I don't think that's a lot to ask.
    It's an entirely reasonable request. I hope to see a POP female and Filmation POP female at SDCC, but I'm not holding my breath. At this rate, Mattel need to do a lot to revive my interest in MOTUC. At this rate, Frosta's the next figure I'll definitely be buying (jury's out on Spikor...so he's a maybe for me).
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Based on the MOTU 30th figure (Vykron), you may see these early concept sketches combined into an exciting new character for your collection!

They could name her Vykra!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    It's an entirely reasonable request. I hope to see a POP female and Filmation POP female at SDCC, but I'm not holding my breath. At this rate, Mattel need to do a lot to revive my interest in MOTUC. At this rate, Frosta's the next figure I'll definitely be buying (jury's out on Spikor...so he's a maybe for me).
    I'm with you on that as my interest in the line is slipping away due to a lack of POP and poor character selections (Carnivus, Mo-Larr, Spector, Sir Lasor Lot, Snake MAA, Vykron) getting figure slots. I love the vintage MOTU stuff but I'm not happy with the lack of POP stuff and unless I see 2 more new POP girls at SDCC (one for 2012 and one for 2013) there's just no way I'll ever buy a sub again.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List

What is the origin of these She-Ra sketches? A 3-in-1 dress up pack of those would be awesome as a SDCC exclusive! (and therefore don't hold Kowl back that long )

What is the origin of these She-Ra sketches?
    This is what you seek

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I mean, non-fans know who She-Ra is as well as they know He-Man. Everyone knows She-Ra.
    I don't think that really matters though. Just because somebody knows of She-Ra/POP doesn't mean they are going to spend any money on buying figures or toy related merchandise for the property. I wouldn't mind seeing POP fans get some type of anniversary treatment, but I don't think it would be as popular or sell as much as He-man and MOTU can. I just don't see Mattel giving POP the same type of marketing push with this line.

As much as I love and want Glimmer, I wouldn't be surprised if they held her or perhaps Queen Angella back as they have with Ram-Man. I understand the business logic of those tactics, as cruel as they may seem. What I don't understand is the enormous lack of POP characters as a whole. I'm pleased we got Swift Wind and Shadow Weaver (although don't get me started on the latter's debacle). Star Sisters could have waited, IMO. In-between Catra and Frosta are fifteen months of no POP monthly releases. They could have scattered one if not two or three in there.
    If this is what they're doing, then I have to say that they do not (surprise surprise!) understand their customer base. We POP fans have been buying MOTU characters in the hopes that we'll get the figures we want. How many people who buy POP have said they're gone after they get Glimmer or Angella? We want them all. Holding out Ram-Man is supposedly to string those other guys along. We've been strung along since Day 1.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I don't think that really matters though. Just because somebody knows of She-Ra/POP doesn't mean they are going to spend any money on buying figures or toy related merchandise for the property. I wouldn't mind seeing POP fans get some type of anniversary treatment, but I don't think it would be as popular or sell as much as He-man and MOTU can. I just don't see Mattel giving POP the same type of marketing push with this line.
    Agreed - that's why uniting with another Mattel property like Barbie or as Darkspecter suggested Monster High should be the way to go. She-Ra characters in MOTUC can continue alongside.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Holding out Ram-Man is supposedly to string those other guys along. We've been strung along since Day 1.
    Yes... Considering the promises that were made four years ago, we've got a pretty sorry selection of characters from one of the most successful parts of the franchise...
    Last edited by Scorpia; April 30, 2012 at 04:41pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    If this is what they're doing, then I have to say that they do not (surprise surprise!) understand their customer base. We POP fans have been buying MOTU characters in the hopes that we'll get the figures we want. How many people who buy POP have said they're gone after they get Glimmer or Angella? We want them all. Holding out Ram-Man is supposedly to string those other guys along. We've been strung along since Day 1.
    Quoted for truth! POP fans ain't gone after Glimmer, Queen Angella and Castaspella were here for ALL the original POP girls and newer ones like Huntara, Scorpia and Octavia hopefully one day.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List

Heroic Warrior
    I have no problem with you POP guys having a POP strong year in 2015...

As long as I have my faves until then, you can have MOTUC...

I really don't know how they will handle Kowl and Loo-Kee since they are both small. Loo-Kee makes sense to feature as a pack-in, but with who? No one was associated with him. Somone like Josh would be funny, but I think Mattel believes they could sell Loo-Kee with Josh as the pack-in better than the other way around. Heck, they probably think they can sell Broom better than Josh--maybe they're right, I don't feel I'm on the same page as a lot of fans these days. Kowl though would have been a natural to sell with Bow or Adora. I don't think he fits as well with any other character. Perhaps he needs to be sold as something other than a pack-in with another figure.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Based on the MOTU 30th figure (Vykron), you may see these early concept sketches combined into an exciting new character for your collection!

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...rtin/shera.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...tin/shera2.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1257240888

They could name her Vykra!
    Sigh, I'd actually like those. They might even make really good figures even though so far there has been some issue with just about every female figure (except Shadow Weaver--not counting the availability). My only objection would be timing if they came out while so many PoP main characters are still not made (plus we just did this with the Star Sisters). Vyrkon's got it worse, he's not beating the stars of MOTU to production, most of them are already out, but people don't seem like him on his own merits.

that's why uniting with another Mattel property like Barbie or as Darkspecter suggested Monster High should be the way to go. She-Ra characters in MOTUC can continue alongside.
    Right on! I'm picturing Shadow Weaver as the headmistress of Etheria High. They could also release some commemorative figures prior to such a relaunch, like they did before the 2002 relaunch of MOTU.

I'm seriously surprised nobody in the Girls' department at Mattel has attempted to do anything with the property. There has to be some employees from our generation who were big fans of POP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

I'm seriously surprised nobody in the Girls' department at Mattel has attempted to do anything with the property. There has to be some employees from our generation who were big fans of POP.
    If they had the foresight to use the property when the Disney Princess and Fairies were at their height in popularity, there could have been a good bit of success. It was a girl-heavy cast that required no licensing fee to another company and had major fantasy elements. You know what they say about hindsight!

As for the POP anniversary (which won't be recognized), I would love a commemorative vintage set, but would settle for them actually getting a lot more of the MOTUC POP gals finished.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

You guys have got some great ideas going; I'd cross my fingers and click the heels on my ruby slippers, but I'm afraid neither would help bring some of these to life. And I salute the NA fans. You take a lot of crap, but you can take heart that all the NA figures the Horsemen have translated into Classics have absolutely rocked! I WANT to see what they do next.

I also agree that it's bizarre that Mattel hasn't done anything with the She-ra property at retail. The boys action figure market is fizzling out, but girls lines are still going strong. Monster high also proves that young girls will take very well to action-figure style dolls that have separate characterizations and personalities. And toy companies are pushing the princess thing like crazy; She-ra IS a PRINCESS of Power.

On that note, why does Mattel hate printing money? By not exploiting a major property of theirs more, that is essentially what they are doing.

By the end of 2015, I hope we can all look at our PoP shelves and see:

Sweet Bee
    Castaspella
    Mermista
    Glimmer
    Queen Angella
    Scorpia
    Peekablue
    Madame Razz & Broom
    Kowl
    Sea Hawk
    The Red Knight
    Entrapta

That gives us one more for 2012, three each for 2013, 2014, and 2015, plus a 2015 San Diego exclusive and a place for Kowl. A good even mix of highly requested and slightly obscure. (And for those keeping track, i know my list changes slightly depending on the day. )

I don't think that's asking too terribly much. In fact, if they wanted to go the extra mile, they could give us a Subscription Exclusive for 2015. Something boyish even, to please the general toy collector. Something like FILMation Hordak & Imp. Oh yes, I went there. Coveted variant as a sub incentive.

It's not making a big deal out of the anniversary at all. It's just slightly upping the PoP output to give us what we've been waiting for.

IF they went the extra EXTRA mile and did a 30th Anniverary sub, I'd be happy with, say, 3 figures. One mini-comic character, one obscure FILMation character, and a 4H original.

Aside from a 30th Anniversary Special Edition dvd of Secret Of The Sword coming out in 2015 (which'll be great considering how long out-of-print SOTS will be come '15!), I'm not sure what else exactly I would do... except for plan out this particular roll-out of figures for MOTUC:

2015:

January Sub Figure: Scorpia
    1st Quarter Variant: Horde Force Captain Adora
    1st Quarter "Large" Slot: Horde Trooper Army Builder 2-Pack

February Sub Figure: Evilseed

March Sub Figure: Extendar

2105 Club Eternia Subscription Exclusive Figure: Horde Mummy Concept Figure
    Map/Poster Slot: a brand new Secret Of The Sword 30th Anniversary Art Print

April Sub Figure: Huntara
    2nd Quarter Variant: Captain Randor
    2nd Quarter "Large" Slot: Arrow

May Sub Figure: Blade

June Sub Figure: Double Trouble

July Sub Figure: Twistoid

SDCC 2015 Exclusive: Filmation Hordak & Imp

August Sub Figure: Hunga The Harpy

September Sub Figure: Flutterina
    3rd Quarter Variant: Flying Fists He-Man
    3rd Quarter "Large" Slot: Bionatops

October Sub Figure: Nocturna

November Sub Figure: Dragstor
    4th Quarter Variant: Starburst She-Ra (with all necessary pieces to transform into regular classic toy costume She-Ra)
    4th Quarter "Large" Slot: Twiggets Multi-Pack

December Sub Figure: Queen Angella

Outside the Sub Offerings:
    Whispering Woods Themed Figure Stands
    The Slime Pit Playset/Diorama

I feel like this sort of year in MOTUC would 1) celebrate the classic PoP toyline, 2) The Secret Of The Sword anniversary, 3) the PoP cartoon anniversary, 4) the 30th anniversary of the introduction of The Evil Horde in MOTU/PoP, while also sticking to what MOTUC is all about by sprinkling in some NA, classic MOTU, concept characters, Filmation most-wanted, MYP, '87 movie, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I have no problem with you POP guys having a POP strong year in 2015...

As long as I have my faves until then, you can have MOTUC...
    That's very selfless of you.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I really don't know how they will handle Kowl and Loo-Kee since they are both small. Loo-Kee makes sense to feature as a pack-in, but with who? No one was associated with him. Somone like Josh would be funny, but I think Mattel believes they could sell Loo-Kee with Josh as the pack-in better than the other way around. Heck, they probably think they can sell Broom better than Josh--maybe they're right, I don't feel I'm on the same page as a lot of fans these days. Kowl though would have been a natural to sell with Bow or Adora. I don't think he fits as well with any other character. Perhaps he needs to be sold as something other than a pack-in with another figure.
    I remember someone suggesting Loo-Kee could be packed with Peekablue - this might work because of their colour schemes. I still think the best way is for them to do a 'little guys' pack and actually think Kowl, Imp and Loo-Kee could share a body piece (much like I presume Uncle Montork and Dree-Elle will eventually borrow from the Orko buck). People have also suggested they could be sold with Spirit (although we all know Mattel should have made the Swift Wind figure so he could act as both).

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I also agree that it's bizarre that Mattel hasn't done anything with the She-ra property at retail. The boys action figure market is fizzling out, but girls lines are still going strong. Monster high also proves that young girls will take very well to action-figure style dolls that have separate characterizations and personalities. And toy companies are pushing the princess thing like crazy; She-ra IS a PRINCESS of Power.
    I think He-Man will always stand in the way of a potential She-Ra reboot. The two are too closely linked. Of course, they *could* redo She-Ra without adjusting her origin (by alluding to his existence or simply coming in halfway through the series, just as Filmation's He-Man started), but I doubt they would. It'll be interesting to see what comes of this Classic Media development (if anything) - they seem to believe in She-Ra more than Mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I feel like this sort of year in MOTUC would 1) celebrate the classic PoP toyline, 2) The Secret Of The Sword anniversary, 3) the PoP cartoon anniversary, 4) the 30th anniversary of the introduction of The Evil Horde in MOTU/PoP, while also sticking to what MOTUC is all about by sprinkling in some NA, classic MOTU, concept characters, Filmation most-wanted, MYP, '87 movie, etc
    Actually, tying She-Ra's anniversary in with the that of the Evil Horde would be a really smart marketing move, IMO. She's iconic and the Horde bat symbol is too - perhaps even more so than any of the Horde characters.

BUT... I really don't want to wait till 2015 to get half those characters - give us Scorpia and Queen Angella sooner rather than later please!

I'm in love with all of these ideas!!! I want more PoP! Besides, I have a daughter now-you know she's gonna love this stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    Attachment 75606
    2012 is not quite half way over yet - there may still be things that are yet to be revealed in the way of celebrating MOTU's 30th - so perhaps I'm speaking too soon. As I understand it, Princess of Power and New Adventures have been effectively absorbed into MOTU (which I think is a good thing), but thus far, we have seen NOTHING that represents either of these two crucial chapters of the Masters of the Universe franchise. Further, it's understood that there will be NO attempts to celebrate POP and NA on their respective anniversaries. Yes, there are fans/collectors that could care less about POP or NA - this post is not for them.

This post is done to support the demand for more POP and NA in MOTUC line, and bring awareness to ToyGuru and Mattel. As the line presses on, many collectors are becoming more and more anxious as the vintage MOTU characters continue to get the lion's share of the distribution. Two monthly POP characters, and one monthly NA character a year is simply not acceptable. We are all MOTU fans, but many of us are frothing at the mouth to see contemporary versions of Castaspella, Flogg, Glimmer, Sagitar, and Angella. It's EASY to imagine what Spikor, Ninjor or Flying Fist He-Man are going to look like. But POP and NA characters are truly a toss up, since extra steps are being taken to make them more cohesive in the MOTU line - this is what makes the MOTUC line exciting to me.

So I post this message for all my fellow POP and NA fans to let their voices be heard. What sort of steps should the MOTUC line take to be a more balanced, well-represented line? What should be done to celebrate Princess of Power's 30th Anniversary in 2015?

Here's my list (WARNING: Some ideas MAY be a bit grandiose, but it's what the fans want):
    1. 2015 should have strong POP representation in the MOTUC line in all available slots - monthly, variant, beast/oversized, etc.
    2. SDCC and other Convention exclusives should be POP-centric in 2015.
    3. A comic book series featuring the MOTUC/200x version of the Secret of the Sword (She-Ra's origin story). This story has yet to be told.
    4. A DTV (Direct to Video) cartoon movie that features the POP cast, or an animated MOTUC/200x Secret of the Sword movie.
    5. POP merchandise
    6. A commemorative series based on the vintage action figures - packaged like the vintage line with rooted hair and soft good clothes.
    7. A "Then-And-Now" 2 Pack featuring a commemorative vintage figure packaged with it's MOTUC counter part.
    8. A commemorative series based on the vintage figures, but with sculpted hair and clothing - packaged like vintage MOTU and accompanied by Horde figures to commemorate the original cartoon series.
    Cool ideas. One thing I was thinking about, is maybe She-Ra and Catra done in Monster High style. The original PoP toy line and Monster High are very similar character and name-wise. Story-wise, they are very different. I think doing them in Monster High style could help interest a lot more people into discovering or rediscovering PoP. Especially if the new, rumored PoP cartoon does happen. Cross promotion, Mattel owns both and Monster High is CRAZY popular and successful right now.

A PoP SDCC exclusive item could work. I'm not sure how everyone would feel about this, but I've said this a few times over the years. I think the PERFECT way to release Castaspella and Kowl would be together. One pack would be Filmation accurate colours and the other would be Toy accurate colours. The sculpt is the same, so colouration is the only difference. If they don't do it that way, I don't see how we would be able to get both versions of those characters. There's a Golden Book where Castaspella has an evil cousin Allepsatsac (Castaspella spelled backwards). She's reverse-Filmation colours, but identical to Castaspella. In the UK Ladybird books, Castaspella looks like the toy version...but she is evil. Long story short, the toy coloured version of Castaspella could be Allepsatsac.

Either that or toy Catra vs Toy She-Ra and they can come with lots of different parts to make different versions of them throughout the years (including an all-new Filmation She-Ra head...because the 4H prototype looks 1000 times better than the one we actually got in MOTUC). That way, they would just change the pack-out, like they have been doing the last couple years.
    I said this in the RGD episode 84 thread, but for NA's anniversary, it would be cool to get more NA figures that year, like: Darius and Mara (the prototype figures), Crita, Master Sebrian, etc. We know Mattel doesn't really have anything in their archives about NA (hence asking fans for scans of packaging for each character), so more figures in that year would be really cool...and maybe making the SDCC exclusive something NA-related. Like...He-Man and Skeletor that transform INTO NA He-Man and Skeletor (like in the mini-comic when Skeletor tries to stop He-Man from transforming and he gets fried). That would be one hell of a two-pack, in my opinion. Skeletor's pretty creepy looking (like acid melted Keldor, for example).
    What is the origin of these She-Ra sketches? A 3-in-1 dress up pack of those would be awesome as a SDCC exclusive! (and therefore don't hold Kowl back that long )
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    If they had the foresight to use the property when the Disney Princess and Fairies were at their height in popularity, there could have been a good bit of success. It was a girl-heavy cast that required no licensing fee to another company and had major fantasy elements. You know what they say about hindsight!

As for the POP anniversary (which won't be recognized), I would love a commemorative vintage set, but would settle for them actually getting a lot more of the MOTUC POP gals finished.
    I'm not sure I agree with this, this just reiterates the fact that POP is for girls and to make it even more girly would make men even more opposed to having POP figures. I think it should be made to feel like POP isn't just for girls and that men can enjoy them too.

I personally wouldn't buy She-Ra and co under the guise of fairies and Monster High, I want them to fit in with the male characters of MOTUC.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"