Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Celebrating 30 Years of Princess of Power

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Agree with this.

I like the death of the 'girls fashion dolls' and the all-inclusion philosophy of MOTUC. Some people prefer the old ones... I prefer the filmation styles....But honestly, breaking up the MOTU property and celebrating every PART of it... seems counter productive. Celebrating the PoP anniversary or the NA anniversary, or even the 200x anniversary only keeps it seperate from the MOTU line.

It's basically forcing people to acknowledge THIS is MOTU.... and THAT is 'something else'....My own sister used to COLLECT them and steal my He-man guys to play with them... yet had no recollection when she saw my MOTUC adora and She-ra....My mom recognized the NAME she-ra... but she's been telling my nephews that Sorceress was She-ra. Which I had to quickly correct ....I hate lists like this... First of all. The horde IS PoP. They WERE the villains of the most well known incarnation of She-ra. You have Shadow Weaver and Catra on the list... but not Hordak.....Higher up you said if PoP is part of MOTU, then Hordak should be on a tumbler... so obviously you count him as part of the line there... Which is exactly how the Horde should be treated. They are BOTH MOTU AND PoP.

Honestly... this has been the best year YET for PoP fans. Starts off with a 3 pack of obscure/concept characters.... Long awaited Shadow Weaver.... Never seen before Horde Prime (who was unfortantely a major influence on the cartoon) and Frosta coming up...

Honestly, I wish PoP never got a 'subset sticker.' There are too many 'subsets'. PoP fans are too shattered too to really be happy. In mattel's eyes they've done quite well by this branch. Unfortantanetly some of the fans only give credit if the new figure is Pop... in vintage toy form.... and a female.... and a member of the rebellion... And an A list...

Honestly, it seems like all the other stuff just doesn't count

I'll go on record as saying what "I" wanted from PoP, was She-ra, Swiftwind, Bow, the Horde, Frosta and Sea hawk.

I'm pretty giddy that they are hitting all my favorites first
    I don't understand this whole idea about celebrating the different aspects of MOTU as separating them from MOTU. There's nothing wrong with recognizing the different parts of the MOTU brand that make the brand/franchise so diverse and expansive. NA and POP are STILL
    a part of the new MOTUC brand, but let's not forget what makes the two properties so special as extentions of MOTU.

I'd totally agree with you IF POP and NA got SOME kind of recognition in 2012, but there has been NOTHING for either. Sure you can point at the Star Sisters or Shadow Weaver - but they were being released ANYWAY and not specifically for anniversary purposes. And NA got its standard figure release...yay. We got mini comics, a 30th Sub - which none are POP or NA oriented per say, heavy-hitting MOTU characters and Vykron. We'll see if there are hidden surprises at SDCC to satiate concerns...

And perhaps the term POP is a bit confusing, so let's go with Great Rebellion characters. Some people consider the Horde as part of POP due to the cartoon series, which is arguable. But the FACT is you had to go to another toy line to get them - so Great Rebellion characters might help with the confusion.

Don't see why it would hurt to have She-Ra dolls - Wonder Woman crosses from the boy to girl isle - and back - all the time. I see it as MOTU's venture into the "pink isle" - conquering more territory. It never hurts to expand the market for $$$.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Eva Mendes was on "The Talk" the other day, and asked who she'd like to play she jumped in and said "She-ra".
    Neato. :P

Well, it's been ages since I posted on here BUT since everyone over in the facebook group, Shadow Weaver's Realm, is saying that we hardcore POP fans need to be more vocal on here, I'm posting on the org. *Cringe*

So, yes, I DO support a 30th anniversary celebration for She-Ra. To not celebrate the POP anniversary would be yet another sign that we She-Ravers just don't matter to Scott.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

Honestly... this has been the best year YET for PoP fans. Starts off with a 3 pack of obscure/concept characters.... Long awaited Shadow Weaver.... Never seen before Horde Prime (who was unfortantely a major influence on the cartoon) and Frosta coming up...

Honestly, I wish PoP never got a 'subset sticker.' There are too many 'subsets'. PoP fans are too shattered too to really be happy. In mattel's eyes they've done quite well by this branch. Unfortantanetly some of the fans only give credit if the new figure is Pop... in vintage toy form.... and a female.... and a member of the rebellion... And an A list...

Honestly, it seems like all the other stuff just doesn't count
    I have to disagree with just about everything you said here. It's not like POP fans do not count items like the Star Sisters or Shadow Weaver of course we do but with how long the line has been going we have only seen 5 characters from the vintage POP toyline get a figure and two of them are male characters. Only She-Ra, Frosta and Catra have been done and I have no doubt all the POP girls left will get snubbed in favour of Sea Hawk.

It's also not about a figure only getting credit if their A-LIST, we get so few Rebellion members POP fans naturally want the more important ones first. I would love it if Netossa and Flutterina were the next two POP figures but due to such bad representation of the POP females in the line so far I'd rather get Glimmer and Queen Angella because they are more important characters in the POP universe.

I'm convinced we won't see anymore POP girls in 2012 and I think it's interesting to note that before they got Filmation rights which meant we got Shadow Weaver that Toyguru's road map for 2012 in relation to POP was represented by The Star Sisters and Frosta. That simply is not good enough for such a fan demanded section of the line. This is the reason I'll never buy a sub again.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Heroic Warrior
    To be honest as a MOTU fan, I don't have the feeling that the 30th of MOTU is that good. Besides the merchandise, the 30th sub and the SDCC-Exclusive feel meh for me...

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    To be honest as a MOTU fan, I don't have the feeling that the 30th of MOTU is that good. Besides the merchandise, the 30th sub and the SDCC-Exclusive feel meh for me...
    All the more reason to expand the celebration over the years to come so as to encompass each of the lines that add to the overall kickassery of the MOTU mythos. By honoring POP et alia's anniversaries, we expand the chances to get it right!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post
    Well, it's been ages since I posted on here BUT since everyone over in the facebook group, Shadow Weaver's Realm, is saying that we hardcore POP fans need to be more vocal on here, I'm posting on the org. *Cringe*

So, yes, I DO support a 30th anniversary celebration for She-Ra. To not celebrate the POP anniversary would be yet another sign that we She-Ravers just don't matter to Scott.
    Glad to see you posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Glad to see you posting here.
    Seconded! And hopefully our other brothers and sisters of the Realm will be posting again too--many of us have been turned off by recent events, but now: we're ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-ck, and determined to make our collective voices and desires for more POP and NA representation heard!

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Seconded! And hopefully our other brothers and sisters of the Realm will be posting again too--many of us have been turned off by recent events, but now: we're ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-ck, and determined to make our collective voices and desires for more POP and NA representation heard!
    I'm getting my avatar on too.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post

Glad to see more PoP fans posting again.

I'm getting my avatar on too.
    I love your avatar! I will definitely change my avatar to support PoP after the 2013 Fan Vote is over. It will be the third time I've change my avatar in my 8 years on the .org.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I'd love to see a big POP celebration in 2015. A She-Ra statue at SDCC would be AMAZING and people would totally freak out over it.

I bet we'll get all of the Great Rebellion characters. While I agree they've been sparse up 'til now, I have this feeling we're going to see more and more of them. Remember, the vintage MOTU line had a lot more characters to get through in comparison to POP or NA. Because POP characters seem to sell just as well as MOTU, I'm figuring that as we are now getting into the Blast-Attak and Multi-Bot territory (i.e. less famous characters), the A-list and B-list Rebellion characters will help to keep people interested.

I don't buy into the idea that tons of people will leave the line after they get Ram-Man. I'm sure a few will, but not enough to make a dent. I'm guessing we'll have all of MOTU and most, if not all, of POP within the next three years. Remember, some of the MOTU figures will probably come in two-packs which will open up monthly slots for other figures. Some of the POP characters might also come in two packs (Kowl & Loo-Kee might come with other characters or with each other perhaps). I'm not sweating it too much.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    I have to disagree with just about everything you said here. It's not like POP fans do not count items like the Star Sisters or Shadow Weaver of course we do but with how long the line has been going we have only seen 5 characters from the vintage POP toyline get a figure and two of them are male characters. Only She-Ra, Frosta and Catra have been done and I have no doubt all the POP girls left will get snubbed in favour of Sea Hawk.

It's also not about a figure only getting credit if their A-LIST, we get so few Rebellion members POP fans naturally want the more important ones first. I would love it if Netossa and Flutterina were the next two POP figures but due to such bad representation of the POP females in the line so far I'd rather get Glimmer and Queen Angella because they are more important characters in the POP universe.

I'm convinced we won't see anymore POP girls in 2012 and I think it's interesting to note that before they got Filmation rights which meant we got Shadow Weaver that Toyguru's road map for 2012 in relation to POP was represented by The Star Sisters and Frosta. That simply is not good enough for such a fan demanded section of the line. This is the reason I'll never buy a sub again.

It's the imaginary lines and distinctions that hurt the PoP fans. Mattel does not care in the least if the character came from the toy line, or the cartoon or the comics... They only care if the PoP fans are getting any love.

If you were ONLY interested in She-ra... You would have bought.

Adora
    Bow
    Bubble power She-ra
    Catra
    Supergirl vs She-ra (maybe...)
    Grizzlor
    Hordak
    Hurricane Hordak (maybe... he's a MOTU only varient.... but he DOES have the filmation cannon looking thing... )
    Leech
    Shadow Weaver
    She-ra
    Snout Spout/Hose nose
    Starla
    Jewelstar
    Tallstar (glory bird)
    Swift Wind

POSSIBLY the Royal family of Randor, Marlena, and Adam.... Also He-man and Orko guest stared a lot... but that's a stretch.

That's not TERRIBLE... and it's not even counting Frosta or Horde prime... those are just the things already on the shelves.

If anything... I think the petions need to be started to kill off the PoG subline and the concept/prototype figures. They are just clogging the line with stuff nobody knows about and nobody wants... Demo-man could have been Angella.... Vykron could have been mermista... Vikor could have been Glimmer... etc. etc.

But in Mattel's eyes, that list above is for the PoP fans... it may not all be from the toy line... But it's still all PoP

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I totally disagree with all of your statements.

I do think "everyone" knows She-Ra. I think your sister has an unusually bad memory. Your mom didn't play with the toys. She likely didn't watch the cartoon. But many people I know, who don't have a modern affinity for MOTU now, know who she-Ra is.

That's a fact. I would bet money that more people know who She-Ra is than don't.

Ahhhh.. I see we just have different definitions of words like 'Facts' and 'Everyone.'

I know several people who remember nothing about She-ra. Therefore it's a FACT... that not EVERYONE... knows who she is.

I would have sworn that EVERYONE knew who the avengers were... and Iron man and Captain America... I would have been wrong too

Sadly, as much as these properties meant to us personally... It only lasted a couple of years. It broke a lot of barriers, but I think more people remember the thingst that it paved the way for... (Xena, Buffy, other strong female lead shows...) then She-ra herself.

As for your nit-picking apart my list:

I'm talking Great Rebellion POP.

HORDAK was not on my list because he had a toy in the vintage MOTU line. Shadow Weaver only appeared on the POP show. Had she been made as a vintage MOTU figure, I would not have included her. Catra was a vintage pop figure, so included her.

nostalgia for Angella, Mermista, Glimmer, Double Trouble, Kowl, Entrapta, NetosWe have 7 Great Rebellion characters, with Frosta coming: Adora, She-Ra, BP She-Ra (3 figures / one character), Bow, Swift Wind... Starla, Tallstar, & Jewelstar were concepts I have no nostalgia for... I like them, but I have love and sa, Castaspella, Sweet Bee, Perfuma, Flutterina, Loo-Kee, Madame Razz, Sea Hawk, Spinnerella, Arrow, Moonbeam, Sundancer, Sea Harp, Enchanta, Storm, and Clawdeen.

After 3.5 years of being a super loyal MOTUC customer, I have NONE of those.
    So your wishlist is for Good guys... who are female... who were ONLY represented from the toy line.... who you have nostalgia for.

Ironically, that's about the SAME thing I look for in the Vintage line. All the He-ro's and vikor's and faceless ones mean nothing to me. I get VERY frustrated when I see Vykron sold at SDCC... instead of orange Ram-man with the Red one on Matty. I can't believe we're 3.5 years in and still haven't completed the 12 back...

I just can't wrap my head around why it matters 'which aisle you picked them up in the 80's?' She-ra characters are She-ra Characters....

So thank you for picking apart my list. I hope you get your five favorites (all of which should be released by mid-2013), and I hope Scott reads your post and that it confirms in his mind how the POP fans are being totally unreasonable.

That's what you're likely helping to do.

I'm so tired of this attitude.

No. We don't have enough POP rebellion members. You cannot argue that fact.
    Honestly, I blame Mattel for this attitude. Cutting down the day of sales... pressuring people into all in subs... Everything has to sell out in 2 hours or it's killing the line...

YES... I want the figures that I want... In a perfect world, I'd vote for every figure ever thought of to get made, and just skip the ones I don't want... Mattel won't let us play that way. If people are going to petition that they want half a year of one sub-line that I care little for, then I feel inclined to voice my opposing opinion.

Which is all this is... an opinion.

I really hate when all the MOTUC Horde figures are counted as PoP figures. If they were PoP figures they would look like or at least have some accessories from their PoP appearances (Blue Hordak with arm attachments, Leech in an aqua-like colour and AWESOME head, etc.). ALL the Horde MOTUC characters appear as they did in the vintage MOTU line.

Catra, Shadow Weaver, Horde Prime...sure. You can count them as PoP figures. The others, no. They only looked that way in MOTU. They are VINTAGE MOTU characters. It's like people are ignoring the 80's MOTU line to justify the limited amount of PoP figures we have in the line so far...and to keep the female Great Rebellion numbers down...
    Last edited by Darkspecter; May 18, 2012 at 08:38pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I think things have gone off track here. Yes, the 30th anniversary of She-Ra / Princess of Power needs to be recognised. It was a popular TV series and toy line in it's own right, and there is still a lot of love for it today.

As for The Great Rebellion (and New Adventures for that matter) being under represented in MOTUC, this is completely true. I totally understand that Mattel burned through so many vintage characters in the early days, as they shared so many parts, but seriously, that should have stopped in 2010.

All we want is fairness. I only started collecting Classics because of the all-inclusive nature of the toy line, which is what it is advertised as on Mattel's own website, but the clear bias towards the vintage Masters series and obscure and unreleased characters is starting to get tiring. If things had been done more fairly from 2010 onwards I'm sure we would have a couple more Etherian Rebels on our shelves by now, as well as another Galactic Protector and Space Mutant. That's it. Four figures. It's hardly a big deal, is it? It would also mean that there were still more vintage characters to get through, thereby maintaining the balance of the line.

I sincerely hope 2013 sees big changes to the way Mattel do things. I want to fill my shelves with a weird and wild variety of characters, and I daresay the Filmation rights will bring a lot of coolness to the table, but I honestly don't know what to expect any more.

I also hope there is some sort of celebration of She-Ra's 30th anniversary, as it would make a lot of people very happy.

I know that Scott said since this line is all inclusive this year is a celebration for all of the line but it doesn't seem so to me. We've seen nothing PoP or NA related in the 30th anniversary line thus far, I'm hoping we'll see some kind of PoP or NA media/clothing/something to celebrate this anniversary before the year is over.

I choose to remain positive and try not to get too doom and gloom about things. I get enough of that at my work, and this is supposed to be my fun time. That being said, i don't get my hopes up too high.

Now.... Give me a couple of two packs to make up for the lack of the great rebellion. Glimmer and Angela, or Netossa and Spinnerella would be a great start.
    Last edited by Seamatty; May 19, 2012 at 05:18am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I don't buy into the idea that tons of people will leave the line after they get Ram-Man. I'm sure a few will, but not enough to make a dent.
    As long as the 4HM can do their magic on less demanded characters, most fans will stay...It also depends on the overall character selection. There are so many awesome NA, mini comic or Filmation characters, that they can release strong figures every month.

I think, this year most fans feel, that it`s heavy vintage based. I think, next year, MOTUC will change into normal mode.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    She-Ra is part of the MOTUC property now?

Then She-Ra and/or Hordak should be on a glass in the Tumbler set that's coming. I mean, non-fans know who She-Ra is as well as they know He-Man. Everyone knows She-Ra.

Not planning an anniversary of ANY type... not even ONE special event or item is actually rather insulting to a nice chunk of the overly loyal customer base that help keep this line alive. I understand that he is saying that POP is part of MOTU now, but the POP cartoon and toy line were huge... and commemorating that with an anniversary of some sort, with some appreciation type items and things for loyal fans, would be so greatly appreciated. I think Scott highly values any love from the customers... this would be a great way to get some from the POP fans.

POP fans have been asking for something like this, and there really is no reason NOT to do it. It could be done within the budgetary restraints that the line has. It's starting to feel like we were all lured in to supporting this line with the suggestion that POP, NA, and mini-comic characters would have a large presence. Where's Lodar? Geldor? Ok, we have Preternia Disguise He-Man, and the upcoming TOD Sorceress, and The Goddes... they're all repaint/variants though Ok...

Poor NA has 3 figures....

We have more POG characters than POP individual characters, which seems wrong. I am NOT saying that the POG characters are something I don't want... I just want them more spread out... same with vintage MOTU and concepts... spread them out.

Catra
    Shadow Weaver
    Bow
    Swift Wind
    She-Ra/Bubble Power She-Ra/Adora
    Starla
    Jewelstar
    Tallstar
    Glory Bird

vs.

King Grayskull / King Grayskull 2.0
    The Goddess
    Zodak (who also counts as MYP)
    Sir Laser Lot (upcoming)
    Vikor
    Demo-Man
    Vykron 1
    Vykron 2
    Vykron 3
    He-Ro
    Megator
    Tytus

I think, at this point, the fact that we don't have the small collection of characters that comprise "We, and my friends of the great rebellion," (The "We" being She-Ra, Madame Razz, Kowl, Light Hope, and the "friends" being Frosta, Castaspella, Angella, Glimmer, Bow, and a Twigget... ok, I'll say whatever on the Twigget), is just making a lot of the loyal, usual multiple buying POP fans a bit anxious, and upset. Incidentally, that line is from the opening of the POP cartoon, if you are unfamiliar.

We are incredibly loyal customers. I sometimes feel as though Mattel is laughing at us.
    You think the Great Rebellion has it bad? The Galactic Protectors are a force of one and the Space Mutants don't even have their leader!

I think POP, NA and 200X are being completely folded into the MOTU brand. Management probably doesn't see She-Ra as the lead of her own Princess of Power brand anymore; she's most likely a MOTU character now. The same with Hydron, Flipshot and other non-vintage characters. No more New Adventures brand. It's all MOTU now. There will be no NA Anniversary. 200X celebrates it's 10 anniversary this year, but that has been folded into the MOTU 30th anniversary.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 18, 2012 at 10:23pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think POP, NA and 200X are being completely folded into the MOTU brand. Management probably doesn't see She-Ra as the lead of her own Princess of Power brand anymore; she's most likely a MOTU character now. The same with Hydron, Flipshot and other non-vintage characters. No more New Adventures brand. It's all MOTU now. There will be no NA Anniversary. 200X celebrates it's 10 anniversary this year, but that has been folded into the MOTU 30th anniversary.
    If that were the case, when Mattel licenses out the MOTU brand to other companies to make "Wacky Wobblers" and such, they would be able to make all the characters from all eras. Unfortunately, all the licenses are handled separately: MOTU, PoP and NA. I think 200X fits under the MOTU license. I know the movie stuff is separate though.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    If that were the case, when Mattel licenses out the MOTU brand to other companies to make "Wacky Wobblers" and such, they would be able to make all the characters from all eras. Unfortunately, all the licenses are handled separately: MOTU, PoP and NA. I think 200X fits under the MOTU license. I know the movie stuff is separate though.
    Does Mattel even care to make characters from other eras before their "big guns" like Beast Man and Man-At-Arms?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Does Mattel even care to make characters from other eras before their "big guns" like Beast Man and Man-At-Arms?
    I think She-Ra is a bigger gun than those two. I would like new Twins of Power merch. Some of the best MOTU merchandise EVER was from the Power Tour because you get He-Man, She-Ra, Skeletor AND Hordak together on stuff! Like the poster, pennant and button. It's sad though, that Catra wasn't in the Power Tour. That's a bit of a mystery to me.

Segregation is never a good thing.

That said I think POP should get some 30th Anniversary love in 2015. I get that Mattel wants to everyone to think that all eras fall under MOTU but lets get back to reality for a minute, that never going to happen. Fans will always see the brand from the point of view of their favorite era, so no matter how much Mattel want's POP, NA, and 200X to be part of MOTU it's not really. They are all part of MOTUC the toy line but there is more to the brand than the figures. We are seeing glassware, kooky can's, and Funko figures, but so far all we've seen is MOTU characters in these new licensed items. Hell Mattel's own style guide artwork for MOTU didn't even include Teela (who I kinda see as the first lady of MOTU) and Evil Lyn.

If POP and NA are going to be part of the 30th Anniversary of MOTU than lets see some love for them in the new merch.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Was thinking yesterday. Mattel...or Scott, rather...sees PoP and NA as part of MOTU, and so they don't get their own anniversary.

Ok.

X-Men are X-men. And yet the 1st issue of Uncanny always has it's anniversary, and so does Giant-Sized X-Men# 1. Two very important moments in the brand history. Kinda nice, to give respectful nods, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Segregation is never a good thing.

That said I think POP should get some 30th Anniversary love in 2015. I get that Mattel wants to everyone to think that all eras fall under MOTU but lets get back to reality for a minute, that never going to happen. Fans will always see the brand from the point of view of their favorite era, so no matter how much Mattel want's POP, NA, and 200X to be part of MOTU it's not really. They are all part of MOTUC the toy line but there is more to the brand than the figures. We are seeing glassware, kooky can's, and Funko figures, but so far all we've seen is MOTU characters in these new licensed items. Hell Mattel's own style guide artwork for MOTU didn't even include Teela (who I kinda see as the first lady of MOTU) and Evil Lyn.

If POP and NA are going to be part of the 30th Anniversary of MOTU than lets see some love for them in the new merch.
    Agreed, 100%! Let's just call Spector's spade a spade: when it comes to all of the new 30th Anniversary merchandise (the glasses, the sanctioned artwork, and even the 30th Anniversary sub-line of MOTUC figures), POP and NA have been ignored. The fans of these eras deserve to see their favorite characters honored as well--we support the line just as much financially (if not more, since we're more willing to buy diverse products) as those who are only interested in a very specific group of core Eternians.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    X-Men are X-men. And yet the 1st issue of Uncanny always has it's anniversary, and so does Giant-Sized X-Men# 1. Two very important moments in the brand history. Kinda nice, to give respectful nods, don't you think?
    Another excellent point, Aaron!

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

Figures that are already on the road map are not anniversary items, imo. It's like Mattel saying: "We gave you Kobra Khan and Spikor. Happy 30th MOTU fans!"

It kind of irks me that Mattel has the funds to experiment with Attitubes and Mini Masters, but they never want to develop anything for POP. :/

It kind of irks me that Mattel has the funds to experiment with Attitubes and Mini Masters, but they never want to develop anything for POP. :/
    I really like the Mini Master, they look so cute, but if they announce that they have found a way to release them at SDCC this year I'm only buying them if we see a female. It can be Teela, Evil Lyn, She-ra, or even Perfuma. I'm only interested if I know for a FACT that they will be doing females.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"