Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012: 15 figures in 6 months!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    I'm in the "it's too much too fast camp." Each figure used to feel special because there was a month to get to know it. Now it's like, "another MOTUC for the pile."
    Part of me agrees with this, but then again I don't know that I'd want it to slow down either. I know that I certainly won't feel that way with the May shipment, because both Stinkor and Slushhead have been at about the top of my want list since they were first announced. Then again April was a definite put them on the pile month for me.

ja I also think its way too much! Dont get me wrong Im loving it but with all the QC problems and not to mention the cost! I would much prefer going back to how it was originally.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I´m glad i bought that Subscription and yes some quality issues are bothering everyone but looking at my shelf i´m starting to smile and that makes it all worth it!

I'm sure the second half of this year is busy too when u add in that big old dragon and the SDCC figure.

Though I'd gladly take more figures each year, I hope they pull back a little as I think it is a bit sad that some MOTU fans that want to keep up with the line are not able to. They really need to bring in the option to have the sub spread out over equal payments; maybe that would help a bit too.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    What changes to the 2013 sub?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I love that we are getting so many figures this year. Hopefully next year's changes mean fewer large skus and more standard figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    ja I also think its way too much! Dont get me wrong Im loving it but with all the QC problems and not to mention the cost! I would much prefer going back to how it was originally.
    I also think, it's too much.

It's crazy - 30 figures in a year! What is the average number of figures in a retail store action figure line? I bet a lot of lines have less than 30 figures a year.

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    I can't get enough of this line. I'm thrilled to have found out about it just in time to get a sub this year and load up on all the MOTUC goodness that's come around so far. I'm bummed about some things sure, but I'm only 2 figures away from having all the MOTUC figures I'd care to own after 5 months. I'm certainly ok with a smaller number of large sku's next year, but if it remained mostly the same I'd be able to cope.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    I LOVE this line. However, if they decide to slow things down in 2013 Im all for it. I think a more streamlined 12 figure/2 beasts/2 variants sub would be great for 2013. I may be speaking for the minority here, but a cheaper price (albeit less figs) would probably help sell a lot more subs in the long run. (may also help with all the QC issues as well)
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

I'm with you NN! Things need to be scaled back a bit. Maybe a few more items than just 12/2/2, but certainly less than the wallet busting onslaught we got this year! (Even though I love them all!)
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

I can understand just about anyone's perspective at this point. When it was revealed what we would be getting and expecting for 2012, it scared me a little bit. It's rough on the wallet. But watching my figure ranks swell, I'm absolutely ecstatic now. Now with Filmation rights secured, I'm absolutely ravenous and can't get enough figures.

Can't get enough of them!!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    At 3 Club Eternia Subs and 3 30th Anniversary Subs, my wallet is feeling it a bit. With that being said, this is my primary hobby and it sure beats the heck out of spending money on smoking, booze, gambling, etc!! I see collecting this line as collecting small fun pieces of art and I love that I get at least one or a few per month!!

I feel that we are getting the "just right" amount of standard sized figures. As we have gotten most of the cooler large scale beasts from the original line already, I would be in favor of trading off a few of those quarterly offerings for one cool vehicle per year. The Wind Raider is AMAZING, and we are severely lacking in the vehicle department!!!

LONG LIVE MOTUC's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm loving all the figures we're getting this year! Might as well get as much as we can out of this line.

out of that list, there's 5 ive bought/buying

go vintage!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    I LOVE this line. However, if they decide to slow things down in 2013 Im all for it. I think a more streamlined 12 figure/2 beasts/2 variants sub would be great for 2013. I may be speaking for the minority here, but a cheaper price (albeit less figs) would probably help sell a lot more subs in the long run. (may also help with all the QC issues as well)
    Much as I love all the figures we're getting, I have to agree with this sentiment, especially when it comes to the total price tag. I think one of the best chances the subs have of not tumbling further this year (maybe the only chance) is for the total price tag to come down a bit. Committing to 500 bucks up front plus the anniversary sub was probably a factor in the subs dropping last year. Much as I like getting all of this fast, I think the total output and price is an issue that needs addressing in 2013.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

17+ Figures!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot Vykron and TOD Sorceress!!!!!!!

It's too much... most people I know can't keep up with this pace... If things don't slow down, I don't know if I'll get a 2013 sub, and that's bad because I'm a completist Two figures a month is the ideal, with the ocasional beast or vehicle.
    :: Odrakir ::

My Feedback Thread

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    I love getting all these figs, but my display keeps changing b/c I'm constantly adding new figs and having to move things around to make room.

Back to the norm of 1-2 figs a month would be ok for me.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    i love this line however a drop in skus next year would only make the subs grow....I hope anyway. I'm a sure thing for two subs regardless however I want more people buying into this line to prolong the life.

I'd be happy with 12 figures, 2 beasts, 4 variants. plus the sub figure and the exclusives of coarse!

Heroic Warrior
    For completist with average financial ressources, it must be a hard year... For them it's surely too much...

Personally, I noticed how relaxed this hobby can be with only Kobra Khan and Fisto adding to my collection so far...