Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Um...Strange black mist/smoke?

HD figures on youtube
    I see strange smoke all the time.
    Last edited by BCreviews4628; May 2, 2012 at 07:37pm.

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    Had modern wiring done years ago. There is power lines around, but no cell towers. Can power lines cause a formation like this? Also, there's no "tail" to the smoke, like it's rising from a area. it's always contained in one area, and moves up, down, and even side to side. Since there's no wind or fan, the side to side action baffles me. That, and the illusion that it phases through walls.

Nothing rational, just the stories she told us. She had a doll her father carved for her when she was young, and never had anything odd happen to it in til she moved to this house. She claimed every time she came in her room, it was in a different place. Sitting in her reading chair, bed, dresser, closet, or in the middle of her floor.

Also, she said she could never keep the bathroom light on like she wanted. She liked using it as a night light of sorts, but every time she went in, it was turned off(the actual switch). But she never mentioned smoke/mist before.
    Any source of high EM bleed can cause physical effects. It could be something as simple as improperly shielded wiring, or being near the more obvious power lines. The only way to tell for sure would be to test the residence with a quality gauss meter. Are there any areas of the home which make you feel odd - watched, uneasy, fearful? Anywhere you feel nauseous? I would really recommend reading up on this yourself by running a search for EMF health effects - you will find a lot of interesting info.

Moving along . . . .

The reason this event isn't behaving like smoke is because, well, it's not smoke. Either your accounting of these events is based on legitimately observed phenomenon, or this is a perceptual anomaly caused by some outside influence.

If it were just you who had witnessed these happenings I could suggest you might have experienced a retinal migraine, which produces visual disruptions that could be perceived in this way. But at least one other person, who was unfamiliar with the story and therefor assumed unbiased, also experienced a similar event.

That leaves us with limited possibilities. Either something in the environment is effecting people in your home, or this is really happening. If EM fields are nominal and other environmental concerns, such as gas leaks or carbon monoxide levels, as Replikor suggested, are not present, then we're spreading our options kind of thin in the rational explanations department.

The stories your grandmother conveyed are very typical in situations of claimed paranormal activity. The fact that this was a recurrent thing for her adds some weight to your smoke. Which in and of itself is also a more common occurrence with reported activity, evidenced by how the term "shadow people" became a buzzword among paranormal circles.

All in all, I would like to again say that this is relatively benign activity at this point. And even if all rational explanations fail to meet their burden of proof, I would not encourage becoming unduly concerned over this.

How you move forward, if you even choose to do so, will be decided based a host of variables, most prominently among those likely being spiritual beliefs if any are present. But allow me to offer this general advice based on some experience - if you don't want to deal with this, leave it alone. Check for real world explanations, and if they don't pan out, and you're not ready for this, don't encourage it. If you can't accept the paranormal and aren't ready to find your equilibrium with it, you very well might not like what you find.

Should you decide to bring an outside party in to evaluate these events, please use due diligence in selecting a group with a positive history. To put it bluntly, due to all these ridiculous ghost hunting shows these days, there has been a massive influx of weekend ghost hunters who don't have the first idea what they're doing. Some of these individuals are anything but professional and will likely just end up causing grief in the end.

With that said, this is getting rather long so I'm gonna wrap it up. Should you have any questions or have addition details feel free to present them.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Sorry, Shredster. I stopped that part of my life after I graduated from college and no longer needed the money.
    Oh heck no, I didn't mean THAT footage, I meant the GHOST footage from the video store! My bad !
    I LOVE GhostHunter type shows but finding REAL ghost footage on youtube is tough
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

If it weren't for your close up veiws of whatever it is you're seeing, I might suggest that it could have been termite swarms. They flood out like a smoke from the wall but they usually die quickly and you should have found evidence of them after.

I don't believe in ghost myself but I've had a bunch of really weird instances during my lifetime.

If you think this isomething to laugh about then you are the lmao and I hope you get something paraormal.

Quote Originally Posted by braxsis364 View Post
    If you think this isomething to laugh about then you are the lmao and I hope you get something paraormal.
    That's the reason he said why. And there was two of them coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Actually, it wouldn't really prove anything. It would only prove that there is one or more unknown life forms around you.

The nature of said life form would be unknown. A being from one of the various religions, a spirit of a dead human being or even an animal, a being from space? Could be a lot of things. There wouldn't be any way to know exactly what it is.
    Sorry, I wasn't being clear. I'm not looking for proof of ghosts; just anything. Anything unexplained. So proof of one or more unknown life forms around me is good enough, honestly! I don't need to know what is it, just that it is.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

There's actually no such thing as paranormal. There's no such thing as normal.

What's normal depends on who you ask. It's the same with insanity. Whether someone qualifies as sane or insane depends on who you ask. These are just terms that our society has made up so that we can discuss and categorize things that occur. But it's impossible to create official categories due to the infinite number of things that we might observe.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Oh heck no, I didn't mean THAT footage, I meant the GHOST footage from the video store! My bad !
    I LOVE GhostHunter type shows but finding REAL ghost footage on youtube is tough
    Yeah, I know, Shredster. I was just messing with you. I gotta keep up my reputation as a smart-ass and rack up them He-man.org demerits. I wanna complete my set and reinforce my street cred as a hardcore electric cellist!
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; May 3, 2012 at 11:32am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    I never believed in this stuff until I bought a house and moved in last August. I had noticed weird noises and stuff like that while moving in but nothing that seemed unexplainable. The first week I was in the house, I had not bought beds for the kids yet so they were sleeping on the pull out sofa in the living room. As my girl and I laid down for bed, we heard footsteps coming up the stairs to our room. Now this house was built in 1987 and there are hard wood floors but the stairs are carpet. So no knock on the door, thinking the kids were scared downstairs alone in a new house...nothing. So my girl confirmed she heard it too and we went down stairs to investigate. Both kids were on the couch fast asleep. Weird right? Well here's where it gets good. That same night I had the most vivid dream in my life. I swear it was real. I'm in the living room at the bottom of the stairs and this little girl comes down the stairs from my bedroom, probably 6 years old. I look at her and I say "Hi." My girl is there with me and I ask her if she can see her. She responds yes confirming she sees this ghost and I ask this 6 year old girl her name. She tells me it's Hannah. So I ask Hannah what she is doing. She responds "I just want to go home." So I tell her it's ok, she can go home. Then she disappears and I wake up. So as surreal as it was, I tell my girl about the dream and ever since that night, there has been no abnormal noises or unexplained instances.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    I never believed in this stuff until I bought a house and moved in last August. I had noticed weird noises and stuff like that while moving in but nothing that seemed unexplainable. The first week I was in the house, I had not bought beds for the kids yet so they were sleeping on the pull out sofa in the living room. As my girl and I laid down for bed, we heard footsteps coming up the stairs to our room. Now this house was built in 1987 and there are hard wood floors but the stairs are carpet. So no knock on the door, thinking the kids were scared downstairs alone in a new house...nothing. So my girl confirmed she heard it too and we went down stairs to investigate. Both kids were on the couch fast asleep. Weird right? Well here's where it gets good. That same night I had the most vivid dream in my life. I swear it was real. I'm in the living room at the bottom of the stairs and this little girl comes down the stairs from my bedroom, probably 6 years old. I look at her and I say "Hi." My girl is there with me and I ask her if she can see her. She responds yes confirming she sees this ghost and I ask this 6 year old girl her name. She tells me it's Hannah. So I ask Hannah what she is doing. She responds "I just want to go home." So I tell her it's ok, she can go home. Then she disappears and I wake up. So as surreal as it was, I tell my girl about the dream and ever since that night, there has been no abnormal noises or unexplained instances.
    It's stuff like this that makes you hopeful that something goes on after the final sleep .

I've only had the stereo mute itself when no one was near the remote. An intense smell of perfume. A knock on a closet door at 2AM, and one intense feeling of goosebumps that I shouldn't be in the room. All one off occurances in two different houses, about 60 miles apart.
    Geek Media -

I would love to see a picture or video of it if possible.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I sort of feel bad for people who belive everything you see is everything there is. I have seen UFOs, and my farthers strage power, to project his astrall form into the future. wherer it apears to be a hollogram. and there where mulltiple wittnes I will not lissten to anything closeminded I belive the closeminded are in for a hell of a shocker one day and I for one can not wait.

The common name for this phenomenon is "Shadow People". It is characterized as amorphous black shapes, sometimes humanoid, which can be seen at certain times. Oftentimes the phenomenon is seen in peripherial vision and vanishes when focused on.

As for what's causing it? Nobody knows.

HD figures on youtube
    and my farthers strage power, to project his astrall form into the future.
    So I assume he's rich from going into the future & getting lottery numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    The common name for this phenomenon is "Shadow People". It is characterized as amorphous black shapes, sometimes humanoid, which can be seen at certain times. Oftentimes the phenomenon is seen in peripherial vision and vanishes when focused on.

thought I Saw one today that I swore looked like a person walking in front of my window frame. I got up and looked around the driveway, then figured it was probably the bunch of crows that had just floan across the street. But darn it, if it didn't look exactly like a head walking by
    Geek Media -

One night back when I was in high school, I was in my bedroom lying down, but not asleep. All of a sudden an immense fear came over me. My body actually shivered from fear. My room went from average night time darkness to pitch black (like if you’ve ever been in a cave when they turn out the lights). Then I saw the outline of a shadowy figure approach me. This figure was actually darker than pitch black. I know that sounds strange but that is the only way I can describe it. All I could think to do was cast it away in the name of Jesus. Instantly, the figure disappeared and my room returned to normal night darkness.

I saw this same thing once again while I was in college. It was evening, after dark, and I had just left one of my friend’s house. I got into my car and that rush of fear instantly came over me. I heard a noise in the back seat of my car as though something was moving around back there. When I looked in the rear view mirror, I saw it again. Not just a shadow, but a figure which appeared darker than pitch black. Last time, mentioning Jesus worked so I rushed to get the words out. This time, as I was uttering the rebuke, I felt it lunge out to grab my neck. I felt this immense pain and pressure. Although I was sitting up, it felt as though my neck was being pushed against a wall with immense force. By the time I finished saying the words, casting it away in the name of Jesus, it left.

I know this story sounds cliché and a lot of people here don’t believe in this sort of thing. All I can say is that the experience was as real to me as anything I’ve ever experienced.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    One night back when I was in high school, I was in my bedroom lying down, but not asleep. All of a sudden an immense fear came over me. My body actually shivered from fear. My room went from average night time darkness to pitch black (like if you’ve ever been in a cave when they turn out the lights). Then I saw the outline of a shadowy figure approach me. This figure was actually darker than pitch black. I know that sounds strange but that is the only way I can describe it. All I could think to do was cast it away in the name of Jesus. Instantly, the figure disappeared and my room returned to normal night darkness.

I saw this same thing once again while I was in college. It was evening, after dark, and I had just left one of my friend’s house. I got into my car and that rush of fear instantly came over me. I heard a noise in the back seat of my car as though something was moving around back there. When I looked in the rear view mirror, I saw it again. Not just a shadow, but a figure which appeared darker than pitch black. Last time, mentioning Jesus worked so I rushed to get the words out. This time, as I was uttering the rebuke, I felt it lunge out to grab my neck. I felt this immense pain and pressure. Although I was sitting up, it felt as though my neck was being pushed against a wall with immense force. By the time I finished saying the words, casting it away in the name of Jesus, it left.

I know this story sounds cliché and a lot of people here don’t believe in this sort of thing. All I can say is that the experience was as real to me as anything I’ve ever experienced.
    I know exactly what you are saying. I have done the same thing on several occasions.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

it's probably old man whithers. you should call on some meddling kids.

I think it's important to recognize that your environment can have strange effects on your pysche.

Our house is quite old, possibly predating 1900s, and the basement is ugly and kind of spooky (especially when no one else is home). I definitely don't spend any more time down there than I need to

But then you can just walk outside and see rabbits, birds, bugs, and trees, and your mood quickly changes. We are kind of fickle creatures; our mood can change very quickly. We can get very jumpy and paranoid, and the environment I think has a lot to do with that. I like to go and sit down by the river and watch the wildlife and the water flowing by. Wouldn't be too into doing that after dark. It's the same place, the only thing that differs is the amount of light!
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Get a priest to come and bless your house.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

I call that seeing "trails".

*refers to the great urban dictionary*

Trails
    hallucinogens - a visual 'trail' of a moving object commonly experienced with LSD.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I think it's important to recognize that your environment can have strange effects on your pysche.

Our house is quite old, possibly predating 1900s, and the basement is ugly and kind of spooky (especially when no one else is home). I definitely don't spend any more time down there than I need to

But then you can just walk outside and see rabbits, birds, bugs, and trees, and your mood quickly changes. We are kind of fickle creatures; our mood can change very quickly. We can get very jumpy and paranoid, and the environment I think has a lot to do with that. I like to go and sit down by the river and watch the wildlife and the water flowing by. Wouldn't be too into doing that after dark. It's the same place, the only thing that differs is the amount of light!
    Disclaimer, not saying ghosts etc don't exist.

This is the reason most haunted locations aren't actually haunted, they just have creepy atmospheres. There is a reason most people go in a group of 4-6 when visiting a haunted place, one person relates 'the real story' which is bogus, 1-2 people who are in on it (if not 1-2 already there) who do and say things like did you see that or hear that. It's the same thing with clouds, did that cloud really appear as a bunny or is it your mind correlating something similar (which is why your friend often says I don't see it). This is why we see faces in places they aren't, we are trained to see patterns. Audibly it's the same thing, look at when you play a record backwards when you have someone saying what does that sound like to you, you start thinking it's supposed to be saying something. Most ghost hunting type shows are built off this whole premise, it's the modern age.

The mind is a funny thing. I had a few experiences as a kid, but I also know that sometimes our mind constructs things to explain something for us. I woke up one night there was a tear in my pajamas, but before I noticed I thought I saw a ghost in the house ran to turn on my light and the ghost came at me. After there was a hole in my shirt. I could have noticed the hole before I went to bed but made nothing of it, in a half sleep induced mind set thought I saw something and thought they were correlated. Maybe not. Why do I say that, another time I swore I saw the ghost of an Indian chief when I cam out of my room, with the lights on and going back that's where the upright hall air unit was.

I see stuff out of the corner of my eyes all the time, but sometimes I know it was just a sheet of paper blowing in the breeze or something with my corner vision making it seem like something else.

So in relation to the original topic, I think most people have covered most of what needs to be checked first.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

HD figures on youtube
    Well after asking my great Uncle about it..He says the black smoke is common in this house. He said once in the 60s a game of bridge came to a complete stop when it came down onto the game table.

Must be something about the location. No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    So I assume he's rich from going into the future & getting lottery numbers?

OK it is known by some that some people have this strange power. and they may not even be aware they are doing it. but it seems they project there astrall form into the future.before it happens like my farther looking in at the chickin coop.

and apearing to be a ghost, then coming home and following the same path his ghost or astrall form did. now if you want to make fun of this subject. I sugjest you do some research first. as this has been documented before. don't know exactly what its called but its no joke my friend.