Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your canon on the Goddess?

What's your canon on the Goddess?

So I've read a bunch of different stories on here about the Goddess and what her story is. I think everyone knows that originally she was the Sorceress (sort of) and trained He-Man and gave him his axe, shield, and harness. That's sort of the direction the MOTUC bio took with it too but didn't elaborate much beyond that. I've also read some other ideas for her such as:

- trainer of He-Man
    - another form of the Sorceress (or more so instead of the Sorceress)
    - Teela's future Sorceress form when replacing the Sorceress
    - Teela's future form upon realizing her 'potential'. Destined to 'save' the snakemen.
    - Snakeman (snakewoman?) priestess
    - Rogue Snakeman who 'trains' heroes to fight but secretly helps destroy them so they don't oppose the Snakemen
    - Preternia He-Ro / Grayskull ally
    - Preternian Snakeman
    - Rogue Snakeman who is trying to bring down Hiss and save the snakemen

I'm sure there's more out there and some of them sort of intersect with each other, but what do you think? What's the Goddess's story in your canon?

Personally I like the Snakeman idea since she fits the motif and is green. I can see her as secretly trying to oppose King Hiss and redeem the Snakemen.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Where to begin.......

When I was younger she was simply Teela in Armor, later she was Teela in Sorceress form. After that the Goddess and Sorceress were the same, just a different outfit.

I now accept the MOTUC cannon establishing Sharella as a Preternian hero who becomes the Goddess.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    IN MY CANON™, the Sorceress is yet another identity for the Goddess.

The Green Goddess, Caucasian Goddess, Filmation Sorceress, NA Sorceress, 200X Sorceress and even the 1987 Moive Sorceress are all the same person.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Personally I've latched on to the idea of two opposing Goddesses. Mostly I'm focusing on the fact that Evil-Lyn was originally described as an "evil warrior goddess" and that we have two different looks for her in this toyline. Regardless of the bios, I'm separating Evil-Lyn. Lyn is still the daughter of The Faceless One, but the original Evil Goddess (with the yellow skin) is the ancient antithesis to the Goddess. These two have been around for centuries; possibly since before the ancient civilization that left all the technology behind (in my cannon, anyway). They've been battling each other on and off the whole time, and allying themselves with opposing forces.

I have it that the last time they were in active duty was during the time of Oo-Larr and Skeletor's original insane grab for the Power Sword halves. When the Sword was split yet again after Skeletor uniting them, the two Goddesses were dispursed by the power. This was part of the Green Goddesses plan to finally take down the Evil Goddess...but the Green Goddess had a plan to live on by sending her power into the young Teela, who would go on to be her successor (rather than Teela becoming the next Sorceress). The Evil Goddess managed to pull off the same manuver, however there was no suitable body around to transfer her power. The Green Goddess's mistake was performing this act in Greyskull itself; the power of the Sword ripped them apart, but the power of Greyskull - as a nexus for all possible worlds and times - allowed the Evil Goddess to seek out a suitable body....and so she settled on Lyn, in the past, and grew along with her; guiding her actions little by little and building upon her already formitable power.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

My explanation is in the fan fiction that is linked in my sig. In short, she's a preistess serving Serpos (The Eternian name given to that old serpent), and she tricked Adam into wearing a cursed harness that kept him blind to the true nature of the power that he was weilding. Therefore the curse had to be lifted, and she is now known temporarily as the Green godless.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    As here real name is the tribal priestess who helped raise Gray in the original POG storyline, that's who she is for me: she, along with Eldor, raised and guided He-Ro, the most powerful wizard in the universe, as he defended Pre-Eternia from Hiss' army and Keldor (the nameless one mentioned in the original POG mini).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

For me, Goddess was just a stand in figure for the Sorceress. Then she broke apart. Then Mattel released Sorceress. Goddess who?
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

For me, The Goddess was one who taught the chosen one of the half of the Power Sword and the secrets of Castle Grayskull. But she passed away. So the Spirit of Castle Grayskull searched for a new guardian. Which is when Teela'Na was found and became The Sorceress. I just didn't care that it seemed that the previous guardian for Grayskull was also a falcon. Maybe some other kind of bird perhaps?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    After being injured in battle against the Snake Men, the Green Goddess had The Faceless One transfer her essence into the Staff of Ka... which she had stolen from King HSSS.
    Her body is preserved in a time-proof crystal that is buried beneath the ruins of Zalesia.

Sharella, once a tribal Priestess among D'Vann Grayskull's people, was an ally of the Free People of Eternia during The Great Wars, ultimately becoming the spiritual entity The Goddess. After the Wars, she trained the protectors of the Power Sword, allied with the Elders and the Sorceresses of Castle Grayskull. She's chums with Moss Man.

(I'm hoping the Bios reveal a bit more about her in time!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    For me, The Goddess was one who taught the chosen one of the half of the Power Sword and the secrets of Castle Grayskull. But she passed away. So the Spirit of Castle Grayskull searched for a new guardian. Which is when Teela'Na was found and became The Sorceress. I just didn't care that it seemed that the previous guardian for Grayskull was also a falcon. Maybe some other kind of bird perhaps?
    I think Kudok Ungol was an Eagle Sorceress because the eyes on here headress are different.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Ah the Green Goddess...

After everything has been said, hinted at or done concerning this now uniquely individual character and applying her to the current amalgamation we have right now and I have theorized this....

The Green Goddess in my opinion and view is actually an original member of the Snake-Men. Not to be all PC and stuff, but I felt that these reptilian marauders were not all males and actually had a few female characters in tow which could also expand on the ferocity and savagery of this conquering race; Sharella and Vypra (fan creation) were two of these representations. Now during these wars Sharella comes face to face with He-Ro which during the various battles at this point has come to question her place in the war (due to her witnessing life on the planet) has begun to take the proverbial "turning point" eventually and leading up to her falling in love with He-Ro and helping in the initial truce that is made amongst the 3 warring factions. He-Ro being slightly aware of his destiny, confides in Sharella telling her that he is only the catalyst and will need someone to guard and protect the "Power" until the chosen ONE would arrive....
    (Still working out Battleground Details...) I have thought that Sharella will be positioned away from this particular Battle in order to make preparations for her newly appointed duties and does not return until He-Ro's death, the banishment of the Snake-Men by Hordak and the final battle between Grayskull and Hordak (still picking a strategic spot), because I am also searching for a point where The Goddess recruits Veena to the cause...
    There's also the point in which The Goddess is training Protectors of the Sword until she mysteriously takes a leave of absence for an undisclosed amount of time. Her inevitable return happens during the Second Ultimate Battleground!!!

Now I know the thread asks for a canon (which if any right now can just say she's a Snake-WoMan), but I just feel there's so much meat to be told about her but I hope everyone enjoys this a little....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    While points eb and flow in my canons, she was a tribeswoman, possibly with blood of the Snake Men. A hybrid or some such, perhaps. She was recognized as being an embodiment of the primal goddess force, honored and revered. While she was alive at one point, she eventually transcended into something superhuman. Predating the Preternian Masters, she trained Sharella, Eldor, He-Ro, Lord Bryon, and Veena in the mystic arts, to help banish the Snake Men from Eternia. She served on a council of advisors to the kings, along with Zodac and Zodak.

As time passed, she found other women who carried the same spiritual essence as her, and called them to join a sisterhood of warrior women. One was Oo-Larr's woman, Tee'La, who became the caucasian Goddess we know, who was either cloned or had Oo-Larr's child Tee'La (BG). These women work closely with the Sorceresses of Grayskull. They are not the same, as the Sorceresses are more-so priestesses, while the Goddesses are truly divine.

(At one point, I did have it that Teela travels back and becomes the Goddess.)

In my Miniternia canon, I have the Snakemen invading Eternia prior to the Great Wars when the world was known as Primus. She was King Gray's wife, and wore a suit made of King Hiss's hide, following the nuclear destruction and the wars that ended their society. She survived to find the He-Man who would save Eternia and lead the people in a new age.
    Last edited by Jon-O; April 25, 2012 at 08:02pm.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    She was part of Grayskull's council, and was made immortal when the council put their powers into the Sword. She spent hundreds of years protecting the half sword until it was lost. After Vikor's death, she recovered the sword, gave it to Wun-Dar to use, and it was lost again with his demise. Once again she recovered it, gave it to Oolar, who used it to defeat Gygor and Marzo, but then both she and Oo-lar were killed by Keldor, and he took the sword for himself.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    In the original Filmation bible, she kind of appears when Zodac calls to the stars for advice after evil invades Eternia. I kind of see her in a similar role. When evil first appeared on Eternia, Zodac called to the stars for advice and the Goddess was sent down from the Overlords of the Eternal Dimension in order to guide the Eternians during their time of transition.

Thus, she was He-Ro's spiritual guide. She ushered in the age of King Grayskull. She advised Veena in her role as the first sorceress of Grayskull. She helped the transition of the Elders into the living energy sphere. She instructed the protectors of the Power Sword (aka the He-Men...ugh). She was a major, MAJOR player in Eternia's past.

However, I do NOT see her playing a role in Eternia's present (He-Man's era). I believe that when she came to Eternia she gave up her immortality and eventually was killed protecting the powers of Grayskull.

I also believe Teela is The Goddess reincarnated, but doesn't realize it, which is why she was drawn to and eventually wore The Goddess' armor (this is before she became the Sorceress).

First of all, I should clarify that there is no feathered Sorceress in my canon. It's also much more mini-comic based.

The Goddess (as she has deigned herself to be called now) was originally charged by an undisclosed force to undo as much of the damage as possible that the Great Wars had left on Eternia. Specifically to fix the many tears in space-time that the wars left in their wake. She has also taken to guarding a great bastion of advanced tech (not Grayskull, which even she has no access to). In more recent times, she has a devoted attache in the form of Man-At-Arms. She encounters He-man of the Rock People after he helps her deal with a crazed beast and realizes him to be the hero of the prophecy; taking him in and making him her champion.

That's all you get. Trust me, she is a central character to my mythos and as the story unfolds, you learn a lot more about her and her past, as well as her agenda(s).
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I see the Goddess as seperate than the Sorceress. I see the Sorceress as bound to Grayskull and unable to leave and the Goddess bound to Eternia and unable to enter Grayskull...two seperate forces.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

She ate one too many green Jolly Ranchers.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    i agree with those who consider the goddess a different entity than the sorceress, but i envision her involved with (or maybe the foundress of)
    the "snake clan", more than the snake men.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    she is not Sharella. Sharella is the young tribal chieftess who helped teach Gray/He-Ro combat skills and eventually fell in love and married him.

Green Goddess is K'yrulla: EVIL creator of the Snake Men. That's right EVIL!

Once she ruled Eternia alongside the barbaric sorcerer kings. She transformed ordinary snakes into Snake Men to serve as an (expendable) army but the kings fell from power, the Snake Men revolted for their freedom and Green Goddess vanished into legend until one day she learned of the prophecy of a great "He-Man" who would wield the powers of Grayskull. Goddess attempted to train several warriors to become the "He-Man" but they were all too savage and unworthy of the power. Though they fought against evil these warriors were mere pawns in Green Goddess' plot to gain control of the Powers of Grayskull and once more rule all of Eternia.

That is who Green Goddess is in my canon, and considering how much I HATE the Pre-Filmation era, she should be grateful I give her that much!
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Snappy Threader
    Very interesting stories all of you. I always figured her to be quite good, just an in-between somewhere between King Grayskull's wife (her name escapes me) and the Sorceress we all know and love. I often wondered why all of the snake armor and staff's, but given that Teela has the armor and staff as well, I figured the Goddess to be an ancestor of Teela somehow either defeating a Snake Woman or locating the armor and staff left behind from when Zodak banished the Snakes.

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I think that the "green goddess" could be Sharella's later ghost form. What if she was Veena's and King Grayskull's daughter and became eventually immortal, caused by her duties as sorceress of Castle Grayskull, guardian of the Sword of He (and as a result of that, trainer of several He-Men) and spirit guide of the Council of Elders? I could imagine for example that later, when her task was fulfilled, after Teelana was appointed the new sorceress, the Council of Elders had transformed into the magical orb to conserve their life essence within Castle Grayskull forever and Grayskull's follower, Prince Adam, the heir to his power, was born, she would go to exile like Zodak and lead her life in solitude, watching over Eternia's safety, and only appear when the planet or Castle Grayskull was in an extremely high level of danger.

Besides, there is the opportunity that through the five centuries Sharella waited for Grayskull's heir, trained all the miscellaneous warriors protecting the Sword of He and keeping its halves separated, the Elders of Eternia chose a new sorceress for Castle Grayskull to better protect the fortress of power and mystery, as Sharella had enough to do teaching the He-Men in using and preserving the sword. In this way, the story of Koduc Ungol and Teelana would fit in quite good in my opinion.

Snappy Threader
    Sharella, that was an awesome post. I tend to lean toward your view on this.

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Sharella, that was an awesome post. I tend to lean toward your view on this.
    Thank you. I already posted this canon in another thread, it's the one where we discussed about King Grayskull's heir:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ll%27s+heir%3F

Each of us, every MotU fan, creates his own, "personal" MotU universe where anything is possible. That's what fandom is for in my opinion!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharella View Post
    I think that the "green goddess" could be Sharella's later ghost form. What if she was Veena's and King Grayskull's daughter and became eventually immortal, caused by her duties as sorceress of Castle Grayskull, guardian of the Sword of He (and as a result of that, trainer of several He-Men) and spirit guide of the Council of Elders? I could imagine for example that later, when her task was fulfilled, after Teelana was appointed the new sorceress, the Council of Elders had transformed into the magical orb to conserve their life essence within Castle Grayskull forever and Grayskull's follower, Prince Adam, the heir to his power, was born, she would go to exile like Zodak and lead her life in solitude, watching over Eternia's safety, and only appear when the planet or Castle Grayskull was in an extremely high level of danger.

Besides, there is the opportunity that through the five centuries Sharella waited for Grayskull's heir, trained all the miscellaneous warriors protecting the Sword of He and keeping its halves separated, the Elders of Eternia chose a new sorceress for Castle Grayskull to better protect the fortress of power and mystery, as Sharella had enough to do teaching the He-Men in using and preserving the sword. In this way, the story of Koduc Ungol and Teelana would fit in quite good in my opinion.
    nice point of view.

actually i figured out that veena could be he-ro and sharella's daughter (this way both he-ro and king grayskull would be adam and adora's ancestors),
    and that sharella became tha goddess after he-ro's death, being infused with the power of the ancients by wearing the harness of ka.