Thread: WTFWTK 2.80 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.80 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by MOTU_Maniac.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. bigsexy_j: We hear in answers all the time that design decisions of the figures are left up to the 4H. The 4H designed Stinkor with new forearms and put them on the sides they decided they should be on. Why was the decision made by Mattel then to swap the forearms on Stinkor and change the design of the 4H prototype? Is this not contradictory of all the other times we were told that all these decisions are the 4H's and has nothing to do with engineering or safety standards?

2. Canada-Man: Would there be a res-use of Ram Man's buck? And would it be in scale with the vintage toy or be a larger buck to be a bigger dude like in the 200x cartoon?

3. Nemisythe: Considering we are starting to see pullbacks on paint applications (for example: Stinkor's weapons and now the Snake Mountain stands) are we going to see this continue on upcoming figures, beasts, etc?

4. bskcase: Since it is clear that Snout Spout was defective, can we have a re-release of the figure with a solid plastic snout down the line? I think we are owed that.

5. MOTU_Maniac: Is Mattel considering making Tiered Figure Stands that would work for MOTUC figures (like Mattel did for WWE figures)? I just put up new shelves to expand my collection room and I am already running out of room! Tiered Stands would allow fans to have several rows of figures AND the ability to see all of their lovely faces. They seem to have worked great for the WWE figures!

--------------

So ask those questions!

It was stated by Toyguru and also posted on mattycollector when the 2012 sub was on sale that if customers were holding back on buying a sub because of being charged again for postage when buying extra figures on the sale day, that they should go ahead and get the sub as the ability to add figures to the sub bundle was coming. It is 9 months later and almost half a year in to the 2012 sub. What is the current status on combining day of sale purchases with subscription items to save on postage?

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    When Nocturna is released in 2015 (as stated on the recent Roast Gooble Dinner Podcast), what are the chances of his outfit being deco'd with heat-sensitive color changing paint? I know this wasn't on the original NA figure, but it might add a lot more interest to the character, which, let's be honest, is probably the blandest out of all possible MOTUC's ever. Just suggestion, but I think it'd be a cool gimmick, and turn him from a bland figure into a "must have" pretty easily (and make him POP, lol)!
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Can we expect to see any Filmation characters in the 2013 line-up?

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    We have read where "The 2013 [sub] line will be a little different from 2012 in terms of slots." Since subs sales are what drive the MOTUC line forward, can you give us a little more information? Are these changes due simply to the 30th Anniversary sub ending or due to something else entirely?
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Are the various army builders (Eternian Palace Guards, Snake Men, etc.) going to join the "available year-round" group (He-Man, Skeletor, etc.)? I think that this would be an affordable way for collectors to build armies going forward.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

She-Ra 2.0 was sold outside of the sub, but the Bubble Power armor was included as an extra incentive. Since the line has been planned out to 2016 or so, can you tell us where Bubble Power She-Ra, as a quarterly variant in an of herself, was originally intended to fall?

Will the 2013 line be changed to something like a build a character / beast concept? Less figures / beasts / variants = more money into tooling or accessorizing figures that will contain parts...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Will the Create a Character winner be told before SDCC, or will they find out with everyone else?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Court Magician
    In late 2010 on a Q&A it was said the goal with product on mattycollector.com going into 2011 was to have the next three months of MOTUC figures pictures and listings up on the site. I understand there are delays being worked through right now, but even before December, there were 11 months of things running smoothly. I was curious if there was still a chance of that being implemented.
    Thank you
    Last edited by stevediamonds; May 5, 2012 at 08:53am.

Since the line is "moving forward" can we expect variants of charactes that didn't have them before, like Battle Armor Faker? Or is the mindset to add new characters all together?

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I think it was stated before that the roadmap for motuc could run to 2017. Adding in Filmation rights pushes that til 2020 if I remember correctly. Now I know you can't talk characters after Frosta but could we please get an example of a figure/character that is on the roadmap for the last scheduled year of the roadmap just to get a taste of what we'd be in for if the line was healthy enough to get to the last year???

Please don't say Ram Man!!! haha

Toyguru, are we going to learn more about the importance of the Grayskull relic and key that came with Scare Glow in the next 12 months? It has been quite a wait for further details.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    When will we learn what the fans get to vote on at the SDCC panel this year?

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailoruranus View Post
    When will we learn what the fans get to vote on at the SDCC panel this year?
    And is there a chance of a fan vote at power con this year?
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Are there any plans to make available, separately Vykron 'bucks' available? Buying three sets of this exclusive is - for me- financially and logistically impossible, at $90 and international postage. I feel it would be quite lucrative for Mattel to sell the single Vykron figures so completists
    Can make use of all three sets of armour included with the initial set. I think that's fairer than expecting People to purchase three individual sets and discard the two boxes and pieces they don't need. What do you think?
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Just out of curiosity... Have you gone through the Filmation series and tallied-up to an actual number of how many characters you would be willing to make into Classics figures? What is this number? It would be cool to know roughly how many Filmation inspired figures we would have years down the track when the line is coming to an end. If you can't divulge this info, what about a rough estimate of how many you think we could realistically see made if the line goes from strength to strength each year?