Thread: Was there ever an unproduced playset?

Court Magician

Was there ever an unproduced playset?

I searched so much for MASTER concepts and unproduced stuff that i lost track but was there something like a She-Ra playset concept art which was unreleased?

we have Mermistas waterplace, chrystal castle....not much. was there something?

We do know that there were some unproduced figures (The Star Sisters, an "octopus woman" figure I believe - potentially Octavia) but other than the Bubble Carriage for the Star Sisters, I know of no playset...

Weren't there rumors of the Crystal Caverns and Catra's Treehouse being planned?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Hmmm - never heard of those before!

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Weren't there rumors of the Crystal Caverns and Catra's Treehouse being planned?
    I always imagined that a Crystal Caverns playset would have been an add-on to the Crystal Castle like the Talon Fighter to Castle Grayskull, but instead of going on top, it would go beneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I always imagined that a Crystal Caverns playset would have been an add-on to the Crystal Castle like the Talon Fighter to Castle Grayskull, but instead of going on top, it would go beneath.
    *sigh* That would have been/would be amazing.

Court Magician
    Crystal Caverns ? does anyoen have a pic? what is it? wsas it in the cartoon?

I wonder what they'd have put in the Caverns. The obvious suggestion would be dungeons, but that's not very "girly". The Crystal Castle already had a bedroom, a dinner table, a vanity, an armoury and a lookout. What else would She-Ra need? A laundry room?

Oooooh, maybe they'd have put a "light up" affect in the caverns to simulate Light Hope? That would have been awesome...

it wasnt in the cartoon. there was poster that told the story of the star sisters, and in the background there might have been something to resemble the cyrstal caverns but that is the only media i could think of that would display. other wise the only prtos that i know of that were never made were the bubble carriage and the star sisters, dont know of anything else.

While there's no proof to back this up, some of us have speculated that the Star Caverns playset would have been a revamped Fright Zone. All they would have to do it mold it in translucent plastic and change-up a couple pieces and there you go. heheh

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    it wasnt in the cartoon. there was poster that told the story of the star sisters, and in the background there might have been something to resemble the cyrstal caverns .....

please please.you have a pic from this??

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    While there's no proof to back this up, some of us have speculated that the Star Caverns playset would have been a revamped Fright Zone. All they would have to do it mold it in translucent plastic and change-up a couple pieces and there you go. heheh

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/..._zone_full.jpg
    I actually think that would have been really great - Change out the tree for a Whispering Woods inspired tree, change out the gate with a removable crystal barrier that She-Ra could free the Star Sisters from and voila! Subsitute the snake monster for a crystalline light-up Light Hope tube...BAM! I would be ALL over that.

They could totally do that for the Classics line and give themselves mold re-use options like that.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    What about the molded Hordak head above the prison?

...put a wreath of flowers and voila - Perfuma's redecorated!

To answer Red Trinity's question - In Classics, they could make the Hordak head removable or, if that's too expensive, sculpt it as part of the prison gate and it would fall back into a section of carved-out rock. In the vintage line, they probably would have just retooled that section. If memory serves, the Fright Zone comes apart in 3 pieces?