Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joss Whedon for MOTU Movie shout out thread

Heroic Warrior

Joss Whedon for MOTU Movie shout out thread

Seriously , does this man make anything bad? Just saw The Avengers and it was the best thing ive seen since the last Whedon film (Serenity/Firefly) .

Just saying, this guy would make a great MOTU movie!

MrBlitzer, I agree with you! Joss Whedon would be great for directing a MOTU movie.
    Manny
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'd be down with Joss being involved! (Hopefully he's a fan in some capacity...)

I haven't seen Avengers yet, but I did see, and like, Cabin in the Woods (which he wrote/co-wrote), and I've always been a big fan of his Buffy series!

So I say if he's interested, then why not?!

Plus his name being attached to the film surely wouldn't hurt, either.
    – No comment.

I literally worship every piece of work this man can produce (TV series, movies, comics, webseries), if this dream will ever come true I could die happily

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Avengers was pretty good. (at least to see once, as I found it celebrational, as in not a story)
    ..also it was cut fast with too many close-ups, as all movies seem to be made these days.

If someone wanted to use my storyboards for a movie then I wouldnt mind them doing 'that' to it.

It'll never happen, but it would be great if it did!

He did a phenomenal job with The Avengers. My number one choice is still Neill Blomkamp, though. He directed District 9, BTW.

I've been waiting a long time for a good Masters of the Universe movie, and Transformers and Robotech.

My storyboard slideshows on utube are all I got.

Even I did like his work with Buffy, Angel, Firefly and now with The Avengers. Hard to say if he's good for MotU. And Do We know Joss Whedon knows well world of MotU and characters of it?

Joss Whedon is a genius, his work on his TV shows and his Astonishing X-Men run were fantastic. I think Whedon would probably be much more interested in a She-Ra related project than a He-Man one though.

Great idea, but it will never happen. Joss Whedon is too big-time now.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyrki View Post
    Hard to say if he's good for MotU. And Do We know Joss Whedon knows well world of MotU and characters of it?
    He certainly did not seem to understand Wonder Woman when he was involved with that project. While he does well with movies that have a team dynamic that does not automatically make him good for Masters of the Universe. I think Guillermo del Toro or Zack Snyder would be better.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I don't know. I love all of Joss' works...but...I don't know if he would be good for MOTU. Joss usually does good work, but when he misses the mark, he REALLY misses the mark. I can't go into details because it gets into Tar Swamp material, but he REALLY missed the mark with Buffy and Spike's "relationship" when she came back from the dead. It's so dark and disgusting that, even to this day, I find it incredibly hard to watch. It just disturbs me so much. He wanted to make things more "edgy" and explore Buffy's sexuality because she was old enough. If he did that with He-Man and Teela...I just don't know what I would do.

Joss also loves to kill off THE most popular characters. So, think MOTUC bios: the movie.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    seriously guys come off it.

last year it was del toro after hell boy, before that it was jackson because of lotrs. people seem to just jump on the current cool geeky director of the moment, which currently due to the avengers whedon is

and as for anything bad. alien resurrection, titan ae
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Snappy Threader
    If he could make it kickin like the Avengers heck yes. But I agree with the_ultimate_evil too. So I see both sides. Whedon just made quite possibly one of the best movies ever for that type, so sure he would be the logical chocie of the time, but if the new Batman movie kicks butt, then whomever that is will get the nod. I think we are quite a ways a way from a movie, but it is a lot of fun to speculate. Whedon made Thor look super cool, I bet he could with He-Man too, but the thing to remember, Avengers took place on Earth. Not sure how they would do one on another planet, I am sure there would be similarities, but it would be a much different setting. Cool to think about though. Maybe I will go grab TG and we can co-direct it. I already have the names picked out. Masters of the Universe - Rise of Spector, Masters of the Universe - Spector Unleashed, Masters of the Universe - Return of Spector, and finally the epic 4th film in the saga, Masters of the Universe - The Spector Chronicles. Just joking.

He-Man is not Thor.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I've already decided that the only way I'll probably like a MOTU movie is if it's somehow done my Marvel Studios and written by Joss Whedon.

Otherwise, strong chance I'll not like the movie, regardless.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    First off , being a fan of Whedon didnt happen after I saw Avengers , ive been a fan of his since I got into Angel when they used to play the reruns on TNT . I was very impressed with his character development. Sure its not always agreeable where those characters go but theres always progress, and not just in the main character. Every character in his stories, good, evil , in between. Theres such an easy connection to them they way he presents them.

And Firefly? It was amazing what hedid with that group in only 1 season, and the movie was AMAZING . With Avengers he was able to take the entire cast and work off the previous stories, and still was able to pull off a new face for Hulk seamlessly(good job to ruffalo too) , and masterfully developed the stories and characters of Hawkeye and Black Widow while staying true to form on the majors.

MOTU is not just about He Man and skeletor, its the sub cast that we love. Whedon proves over and over again his ability to not overlook the supporting cast and in my opinion , the presentation of the supporting cast is whats ging to make or break any MOTU movie.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    He-Man is not Thor.
    and beast man is not king kong. whats your point
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I've already decided that the only way I'll probably like a MOTU movie is if it's somehow done my Marvel Studios and written by Joss Whedon.

Otherwise, strong chance I'll not like the movie, regardless.
    Right?!! Just saw it...

******* SPECTACULAR! I LOVED IT! Seriously!!

Buffy...

The Avengers...

This guy has a certain passion that just can't be replicated...

I am sooo down for Joss!!!! He wrote and directed the Avengers, which if you haven't seen it yet... go see it and you'll know what I, we, mean!

My hat is way off for this incredible guy!!

...please let him have an inkling of interest in MOTU!
    – No comment.

Luck is for losers GK Version 1's Avatar
    I agree with most of the above... There's not been a single thing he's done that I haven't enjoyed. I think he'd do great at keeping it action packed and with a good sense of humor.

Whedon is good with groups. Also a lot of that is dependent on the actors themselves. He is also known for having deaths be used to move a plot along by creating drama. He also pretty much wanted to completely rewrite the Wonder Woman mythos, because well his story telling style is more in the Marvel vein.

About Angel he worked on the first two seasons and came back for the final. During that time he started work on Firefly and some other things.

I like most of what Whedon has done but I also am aware of his faults and how that can negatively affect a MOTU movie. I have yet to see Avengers to comment on what he did there.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Whedon is good with groups. Also a lot of that is dependent on the actors themselves.
    This is true, and a good example of how he would 'fit' with MOTU, since MOTU is all about groups, or different factions, if you wanna look at it that way.

I think he could be great for MOTU.

oh and...

just for the record...

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    seriously guys come off it.

last year it was del toro after hell boy, before that it was jackson because of lotrs. people seem to just jump on the current cool geeky director of the moment, which currently due to the avengers whedon is

and as for anything bad. alien resurrection, titan ae
    ...I was never interested in having Jackson, nor Del Toro direct.

I just want MOTU to be the next neo-classic film in the sci-fi/fantasy genre, like, the first Matrix, the first Transformers, I Am Legend, the Star Trek reboot, and now The Avengers. And I feel that Whedon could potentially do this for MOTU.
    Last edited by Neutro; May 22, 2012 at 11:51pm.
    – No comment.

I'm ready to direct now.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlitzer View Post
    Seriously , does this man make anything bad?
    Alien Resurrection.

Honestly, I don't like Joss at all. I am positive they could get someone better to work on He-Man.