Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Dragon Blaster Skeletor Discussion Thread

MOTUC Dragon Blaster Skeletor Discussion Thread

So it occurred to me the other day that they need to make DB Skeletor's dragon an articulated pet, not just a lumpy backpack. Am I in the minority on this?

Heroic Warrior
    They should make him as articulated as Cringer is

Heroic Warrior
    This Dragon should be articulated : his 4 legs and neck, at the very least. Possibly his tail, too. And he should be able to be attached properly to the armor.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Did I read "Dragon Blaster"?
    Did I read "articulated pet dragon"?

COUNT ME IN!

Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Oh boy itīs the year of the Dragon and we got Draego-Man and will get Granamyr!
    It is out of question that we need Dragonblaster Skeletor to make it perfect!!!
    I canīt wait for the horsemens execution of him! Articulated much as possible of course

Yeeeeeahhh.. If we only lived in a fairy tale and all our dreams came true... As much as I'd love that the reality is we will be lucky if he'll end up having his head turn.. Most probably we will het him sculpted as one mould like 'Pixel' and will snap on like tail snaps onto the Whiplash armour (if at all removable..)
    Having said that seeing how the 'Pixel' came out I have no doubt he will be cool either way, although it would be nice if they forgot about his action feature and didn't sculpted him like Kobra Khan or Leech with their mouths open but rather more menacing like on the above comic cover. Enough with these open mouthe features with circles inside their mouths.. ;-) It would be cool to position dragon's head straight ahead and still see his eyes as oppose to say Leech where he has to be positioned sideways otherwise all you see is his open mouth.. It was the same with original Dragon so it would be cool if they introduced an update like this ;-)

Yeah, I know, I can dream on.. ;-)
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

That would be my ideal; I believe this is generally supported (if I remember the DB Skelly thread correctly).

Anyway, I don't need 'em super articulated, but I would like it if he was articulated enough to attach and unattach and look normal either way.
    Last edited by Alexx; May 20, 2012 at 11:18am.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    That would be my ideal; I believe this is generally supported (if I remember the DB Skelly thread correctly).

Anyway, I don't need 'em super articulation, but I would like it if he was articulated enough to attach and unattach and look normal either way.

I second this...

I'd like to see him with both a dragon blaster backpack and a little standalone dragon. He doesn't have to be all that articulated, like Cringer would be fine for me.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I think it's an awesome idea to have an articulated dragon figure! I think it'd be a great little touch.

If the dragon had a balljointed head would be amazing.
    Imagine the headswapping possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    If the dragon had a balljointed head would be amazing.
    Imagine the headswapping possibilities!

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...gonblaster.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...iniblaster.jpg
    HAAA! Man I hope it works like that; I need a Skele-Blaster Skeletor.

Seriously though:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I'd like to see him with both a dragon blaster backpack and a little standalone dragon. He doesn't have to be all that articulated, like Cringer would be fine for me.
    That might be a good idea! Perhaps a removable head like above, but two different bodies. One molded like the original that can attach to his back, and one mildly-articulated one. You can just swap the head from one to the other without having to worry about it being articulated enough to twist onto his back like he is on the vintage figure.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'm hoping the head will come off so I can put on Draego Man's body.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Widget
    I feel like the 4H are going to amp this up a bit and make him moderately articulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost6 View Post
    I feel like the 4H are going to amp this up a bit and make him moderately articulated.
    But isn't Mattel's in-house Team responsible for the articulation?
    Either way, I sure hope at least a balljointed head is going to be in there...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    But isn't Mattel's in-house Team responsible for the articulation?
    Either way, I sure hope at least a balljointed head is going to be in there...
    The 4H build the articulation (or, at least, suggested articulation) into the figure prototype. So, it's possible Mattel could say it's not possible for cost or design reasons but the 4H usually start out making the call.

I asked Toyguru:
    Please consider to give DB Skeletor's dragon a balljointed head!
    Aside from better articulation It would add lots of Mix-and-Match possibilities (with Draego-Man for example).

His response:
    A cool suggestion I will pass to design if and when we get to this variant.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Considering the figure has no new parts except for some chest armor, I think they need to make the dragon articulated and able to be removed from the armor as it's own figure. A dragon head, torso, tail, and four limbs is seven new parts. Add in the chest armor and chain and you have nine new sculpted parts - typical for an A-list variant (with the exception of Snake Man-At-Arms, but we won't bring up that debacle again). A metal chain like Vikor's would be cool, too, but due to the smaller budget per figure this year, I doubt that will be possible.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I'd love a removeable, articulated dragon, and I think this all would make a nice SDCC item. We have yet to get a SDCC Villain, and who better than Skeletor? Well, I guess we kinda already did, but sad toothless Skeletor doesn't count.

I can't wait for this variant!

I hope the dragon is more than just a backpack. Perhaps 2 bodies-one to attach to Skeletor's armor, one a free-standing "pet" with at least some articulation...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Ooh. What if the dragon is like, the son of Draego Man, enslaved by Skeletor?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post

Anyway, I don't need 'em super articulation, but I would like it if he was articulated enough to attach and unattach and look normal either way.
    yeah, I am ok with Cringer. But as you said, I would think it just tops if he came off of Skeletor & looked ok at least sitting or standing there next to him.

Oh, and I like the open "Spray" mouths. That's who they are.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm down & ready for him.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Dragon Blaster Skeletor sneak peak

Just got an e-mail sneak peak of Dragon blaster skeletor

Photobucket