Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Dragon Blaster Skeletor Discussion Thread

I think they nailed this one.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Nope. My comment wasn't direct at anyone in particular. If it was, you'd know.

What you said is true, you aren't going to please everyone.
    ok good lol

and nope cant please everyone
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    THIS is the Skeletor variant that I've wanted the most!!!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    More like someone does not know how to use the email newsletter software.

At work, the program we used, had issues with AOL address and a few others. Wouldn't send to them at all. Probably a similar issue here. That and they don't help by having a %FIRST NAME% at the start, causing it to spam in my inbox (I use Gmail.)
    I have AOL and the newsletters work for me. I know aol is laughable but I've had it forever - I also have a gmail account but my Matty stuff goes through AOL.
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    It might help to find out what email clients people are using. See if there is a common one not working. I find it strange that having a 30th sub would conflict seeing as they would have catalogued the emails from the 2012 sub earlier than that.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Quote Originally Posted by toofastone View Post
    The people at Mattycollector told me the reason I do not get my subscriber news releases is because I am all in with the anniversary subsription. If I was only a MOTUC subscriber, I would get the emails. What kind of glitch is that? I have not received any of these email notices and I got the whole package
    I only have the regular sub and I haven't gotten the e-mail yet. Didn't get the Mekaneck one either. It's not really a huge deal, but my fear is that this issue will never be fixed, and Mattel might offer some kind of coupon/e-mail offer to subscribers sometime this year. If not everyone is receiving these, who can say it won't be the same with something like that, too?

DB Skeletor looks decent enough. I was secretly holding out hope for Terror Claws, the real best Skeletor variant, but at least this is better than SMAA.

If this was the original, I agree the silly sauce was applied a little to thick to the new head sculpt of the dragon. HE looks as though The 4 Horsemen were going for more of a dog/pet look on this sculpt? Maybe once he is detached from Skeletor's back and posed by himself he will have more appeal. I used to love the silliness i.e. Clawful's head sculpt, Snout Spout's general look, Tri-Clops's Blue Eye, etc. What has happened?!

Picture 1.png

HUGE WIN! He looks awesome. I'm hoping he comes with a second dragon head (open mouthed) and one of Draego Man's accessories!

Terrific job, Scott!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    the rumor is....if you have more than just "the club eternia" sub you may not get the emails.
    if you JUST had the club eternia sub you would get them. yup, makes NO SENSE at all.
    But all I have is the club eternia sub.

I just read the "Skeletor's Dragon" comic for the first time. It was pretty good, considering the part of the vintage era it came from, lol. I'm a bit more sold on this variant now, especially considering how good it looks. He'll look even better with the Alcala head.

The comic was also my first real exposure to the TWIYPITTOW or whatever, lol.

I think he looks pretty great! And I don't mind the closed mouth; I would like to see the dragon separated from the backpack before I can fully judge him. Skeletor's armor does look pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Without wrecking anything from the comic, the changes in his appearance are explained pretty cleverly.
    I'd say maybe the dragon bit him and infected him?

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    So am I the only one with a 2012 subscription that doesn't get these sneak peak emails?
    No. I haven't received them either, and have both subs. But I don't really mind since I always come to the org first anyway for new news.
    – No comment.

Australian MOTU Fanatic! Aussie Stinkor's Avatar
    Reeks of vintage MOTU - love it!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Man....I have been waiting for this info, and I just now could get to the computer.....

I never had him, but I'll tell you what, I want him now....perfect match for my TP He-Man, to have them both.

So far I see nothing wrong with him, the Whiplash forearms & Khan boots look nice actually, and I am glad they used the slatted loin cloth on him. Now this is a variant I will have no issues with, between TP He-Man & DB Skeletor, I can see now why SMAA had nothing new....sucks SMAA comes with the 2nd comic instead of being a bonus or 4th variant, but it does make it more bearable, I just hope the 4th variant is worth it too.

But I do like what I see, and am glad it was him, and he's another I may get an extra of, for the Alcala head I have....right now the Mo-Larr Skeletor is wearing it.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

i don't want to raise any conspiracy theories, but do we know if the 4HM designed the dragon at all? maybe some guys at Mattel design some figures themselves (for cost saving) and the 4HM just sculpt them. i mean, Dragoe Man looks great and this little dragon is meant to look ferocious. even the vintage toy looked more menacing...

motuc_dragon_blaster_skeletor_by_evil_mike_comics-d3fft1y.jpg
    Last edited by danvin; June 6, 2012 at 04:52pm.

The Dragon's head looks oddly simplified, I'm hoping there is a functionality reason for this. The open mouth on the vintage package illustration is even better than this look.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...-card_full.jpg

Arms and shins are interesting but I wish they would have stuck with the plain black furry trunks like the vintage figure.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    If the dragon was not going to squirt water, could it not have been more fearsome looking?

Quote Originally Posted by toofastone View Post
    The people at Mattycollector told me the reason I do not get my subscriber news releases is because I am all in with the anniversary subsription. If I was only a MOTUC subscriber, I would get the emails. What kind of glitch is that? I have not received any of these email notices and I got the whole package
    I have multiple subscriptions for both Club Eternia and the 30th Anniversary line and I DID receive both the Mekaneck and Dragon Blaster Skeletor emails. So that shouldn't be the problem.

I think DB Skeletor looks amazing!! Even though the Dragon head looks a bit different than the vintage one, I still like the look of it. Now bring on Terror Claws Skeletor!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bango1 View Post
    If this was the original, I agree the silly sauce was applied a little to thick to the new head sculpt of the dragon. HE looks as though The 4 Horsemen were going for more of a dog/pet look on this sculpt? Maybe once he is detached from Skeletor's back and posed by himself he will have more appeal. I used to love the silliness i.e. Clawful's head sculpt, Snout Spout's general look, Tri-Clops's Blue Eye, etc. What has happened?!

Picture 1.png
    As adults, I think many of us realize these things look goofy now. But for me, I love the nostalgia trip. MOTUC has been that since day 1, so I'm happy. Keep the cooler looking stuff for new figures like they did with Draego-Man or the Griffin.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    HUGE WIN! He looks awesome. I'm hoping he comes with a second dragon head (open mouthed) and one of Draego Man's accessories!

Terrific job, Scott!
    What did Scott do?

damn no new feet

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    The Dragon's name better be "Pixel"...

Maybe his name is Dan. That would be cool for both of us.

This makes me happy; it will compete my most wanted Skeletor variants! I wonder if the dragon will be removable to become separate piece?
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

WOW!!!

amazing!!!

totally blown away by this figure - just put me on a total nostalgia trip ...

think he might be my new favourite!!

''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    As adults, I think many of us realize these things look goofy now. But for me, I love the nostalgia trip. MOTUC has been that since day 1, so I'm happy. Keep the cooler looking stuff for new figures like they did with Draego-Man or the Griffin.
    i guess what some people complain about is that the vintage head looked far less goofy. if the new one just looked like the old one (open mouth, accurate teeth), i would be ok with it. but knowing what the 4HM can do, they could have made a great, menacing little dragon instead of this tooth fairy's pet.

Awesome add! And great figure! I am not too fond of the variants... But will be getting this one. And the mini comic!!!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR