Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Dragon Blaster Skeletor Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    i don't want to raise any conspiracy theories, but do we know if the 4HM designed the dragon at all? maybe some guys at Mattel design some figures themselves (for cost saving) and the 4HM just sculpt them. i mean, Dragoe Man looks great and this little dragon is meant to look ferocious. even the vintage toy looked more menacing...

Attachment 76486
    I think at one point the brand manager said that the 4H have complete creative control of the overall design and sculpts.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Skeletor is awesome but i dont like the Dragons head. jave to wait for more Pictures but i just dont look like any vintage presentation and there were so much- Toy, Cardback, minicomic, Willism George Poster, front of the card.o
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    What did Scott do?
    Can't blame him for everything then give him zero credit for the good.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    What did Scott do?
    oooh... so tempeted, I better fight the urge. ... So hard though.

But I agree...

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    i guess what some people complain about is that the vintage head looked far less goofy. if the new one just looked like the old one (open mouth, accurate teeth), i would be ok with it. but knowing what the 4HM can do, they could have made a great, menacing little dragon instead of this tooth fairy's pet.
    Fair enough.

But the tooth fairy's pet is so cute and rad It looks very 80's, almost Madballs-like, maybe that's why I dig it and am glad they made it goofy.

Heroic Warrior
    The head is ok, could have been better... but if this dragon doesn't have his hands holding onto Skeletor's shoulders, something that we can't really see with this picture because of the angle and the big pad lock in the way...Then I will not be happy.

I wonder if they went with the closed mouth look because some felt Leech looked silly with the open mouth?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    ...it DOES look great for what it is, which is a rather bizarre variant.
    Right?!! Let me get this straight, he gets a little dragon and chains and locks it TO HIS BACK so that his head is RIGHT NEXT TO the toothy dragon maw.

They should call him Bad Idea Skeletor.
    "Mind bottling, isn't it?"
    -Chazz Michael Michaels

http://www.patrickgarone.com

http://www.twitter.com/patrickgarone

Join the Facebook Group for my book, City of the Gods.

WoW. This figure is pretty cool looking. I do not have a Skeletor from MOTUC yet, as I have been using my 2000 Skelly. It looks like there will be a new figure on the throne soon. I am excited to see what fun this new Skelly and his little friend will bring with them. Plus, the comic will be like icing.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Fair enough.

But the tooth fairy's pet is so cute and rad It looks very 80's, almost Madballs-like, maybe that's why I dig it and am glad they made it goofy.
    he's got that critters' smile

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoMan View Post
    Right?!! Let me get this straight, he gets a little dragon and chains and locks it TO HIS BACK so that his head is RIGHT NEXT TO the toothy dragon maw.

They should call him Bad Idea Skeletor.
    LOL! yes, so true.

Hi,

The figure looks great.

I have a the sub but I haven't received any of these previews (Mekaneck and DB Skeletor). Anybody in the same situation here? How do I get the e-mail?

Thans for the help.

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder if they went with the closed mouth look because some felt Leech looked silly with the open mouth?
    If they did a hinged jaw so we can have it either way, that would of been neat!

Doubt it,
    this figure was most likely developed way before Leech was shown...

Besides, if the mouth were opened, some people would also complaint about it...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    If they did a hinged jaw so we can have it either way, that would of been neat!
    That would have been a good compromise. And they couldn't say it's an action feature since Trap Jaw can do it.

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    Oh so awesome! A great idea to do this figure this year (I mean, how could you not?!?!?). I love the way the dragon looks, and the actual chain is going to make such a cool effect on the figure. About the only thing that could make this any better is if it actually had some kind of water-spitting action, or if the dragon's jaws actually moved. But that is so minor, and this figure is such a fantastic reveal!
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

Cool Skeletor variant!
    Never had a DB Skelly before but looking at the vintage one, the dragon looks more menacing than the MOTUC one...must be the 80s dragon mohawk I anticipate this variant in my collection, still looks great!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

I never understood why Skeletor had his hand chained up? Seems impractical.

I wonder if the 4H sculpted the mouth closed so the sharpness of the teeth would not be compromised. An open mouth might have resulted in the chiclet-teeth that King Hiss had.

YEAH! WOOOO! So awesome! This was my Skeletor back in the day (the only one I had after I bit the head off the original), so this is very very cool! I'm so glad they changed up the boots and the arms too; what a great way to refresh him a little! The dragon coming off his back is just icing on the cake. Friggin' love the dragon too; all those teeth! Fantastic! Just looks awesome. I cannot WAIT for this one! Knocked 'em out of the park!!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Aside from all the funny posts I read here, all I can say: YAY...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    He's into bondage maybe? Besides, you got people with swords charging into battle with little more than furry hotpants on. That seems more impractical to me.

As for DB Skeletor, not bad. Not bad at all. Being a bad guy, I'll definitely buy him.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    He's into bondage maybe? Besides, you got people with swords charging into battle with little more than furry hotpants on. That seems more impractical to me.

As for DB Skeletor, not bad. Not bad at all. Being a bad guy, I'll definitely buy him.
    The furry pants give them room to move and don't get in the way, having his arm chained seems like it would get in the way and hold him back in a fight lol.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Evil Lyn couldn't find the keys after their little kinky evening for Valentine's day... As for how the dragon got involved in all this, you don't even wanna know...

So here's my two cents on this new reveal: Skeletor's new arms and boots look awesome. The dragon, not so much. For once, the vintage actually looked far more ferocious. And it beats me as to why they would not be more faithful to that design since the open mouth design was used on Kobra Khan and Leech. Love it or hate it, an open mouth would have at least make this figure fit more harmoniously with those other two figures.

It's not terrible, but feels slightly out of place, as if Skeletor was packed in with a cutesy little dragon from Little Pet Shop toys.
    Odd choice to say the least!
    Last edited by oulala; June 6, 2012 at 05:46pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Evil Lyn couldn't find the keys after their little kinky evening for Valentine's day... As for how the dragon, you don't even wanna know...
    Guess he'll have to call his ghost, Scare Glow to get the key... I'm sure it will unlatch that padlock.