Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Dragon Blaster Skeletor Discussion Thread

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Yeah Dragon Blaster Skeletor!! Awesome!!

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/y...raegosmall.jpg
    LOVE the pic Mike...... LOVE IT.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    The furry pants give them room to move and don't get in the way, having his arm chained seems like it would get in the way and hold him back in a fight lol.
    But it's an enchanted chain. Skeletor cast a magic spell on the chain that allows it to grow to whatever length Skeletor needs to move about unrestricted. It's to lull his enemies into a false sense of security about his lack of reach.

Furry hotpants, however, don't protect legs from sword, axe, dagger or arrow wounds.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Evil Lyn couldn't find the keys after their little kinky evening for Valentine's day... As for how the dragon got involved in all this, you don't even wanna know...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I expected this variant of Skeletor. Hmmmmm really nice have Skeletor having diffrent arms and feets. So his Dragon gonn have ball-jointed head? Maybe people might try Draego-Man with it?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    i don't want to raise any conspiracy theories, but do we know if the 4HM designed the dragon at all? maybe some guys at Mattel design some figures themselves (for cost saving) and the 4HM just sculpt them. i mean, Dragoe Man looks great and this little dragon is meant to look ferocious. even the vintage toy looked more menacing...

Attachment 76486
    The 4H sculpted it- it was the figure they were talking about that originally had a functionality issue that they had to rework.

Heroic Warrior
    Love this figure, he looks absolutlety perfect!

I love the Whiplash forearms and Khan shin guards... That`s the right thing to do!

Awesome figure!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The closed mouth on the Dragon is odd. It's mimicking the toy, but like Leech, it was only closed to accommodate the action feature. I'm surprised they didn't sculpt it like they sculpted Leech's head or Kobra Khan's head.

I hope the dragon can stand on his own.
    I'm glad it's not sculpted like Leech's or Kobra Khan's heads. I really do not like those headsculpts. Filmation Leech's head and 200X Kobra Khan's head look great. I wish we got these. I'm happy with the dragon's head. I also hope the dragon can stand on its own.

Yeah Dragon Blaster Skeletor!! Awesome!!
    I always love your art! I know you posted it a while back, but just felt the need to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Sweet! I love the nasty teeth on the dragon.
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'm not too keen on the new fins and boots, but I have plenty of Skeletors around to swap bodies.
    Kudos on the realistic chains and the dragon being removable.
    I LOVE that we're finally getting a more vintage-accurate Skeletor. I never understood why the 4H changed the sculpt on the detailed (and, in my opinion, cooler-looking) forearms, shins and feet. So, I'm super excited that we're getting those parts on this Skeletor...except for the new feet. I guess we're doomed to have mani/pedi Skeletors forever in MOTUC. *shakes head at the painted toenails on what are supposed to be BOOT feet*

Anyway, yes...those who don't like it can put the armour on a spare Skeletor, or buy a cheap Mo-Larr two pack for the Skeletor body. I just got one for $12!

THIS is a good way to change a character up that we keep getting over and over again. Stinkor arm switch = bad. NEW, updated, 80's toy accurate body parts = good.

Frosta has no ice weapons either.
    Mattel really gave Frosta the cold shoulder in the accessory department.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Head does look strange. Cost cutting? Since an open mouth would require the jaw be a separate piece and the teeth would require more intricate painting.
    I like it. The only thing that could have made it better for me, is if it was on a hinge so it could open and close!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoMan View Post
    I wonder if the Dragon head is interchangeable with the rest of the figures. Might stick Draego Man on there.
    That would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrytor View Post
    I'm a little teed off that as a subscriber, I didn't get this or the Mekaneck emails. And yes, I checked my spam folder.
    Same here. *sad face*

I'd love to see somebody argue with the often neglected NA fans (3 figures in 4 years) about getting a figure.

I know you're being sarcastic (and this isn't directed toward you), but alot of people had forgotten that we didn't get both Battle Armor variants in the same year. Keldor was the Skeletor variant to match Battle Armor He-Man in 2010 and Preternia He-Man was the He-Man variant to match Battle Armor Skeletor in 2011.
    Yeah...where are the other NA figures?!

Quote Originally Posted by toofastone View Post
    The people at Mattycollector told me the reason I do not get my subscriber news releases is because I am all in with the anniversary subsription. If I was only a MOTUC subscriber, I would get the emails. What kind of glitch is that? I have not received any of these email notices and I got the whole package
    Weird. Thanks for sharing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    If the dragon was not going to squirt water, could it not have been more fearsome looking?
    I think he's plenty fearsome!

http://images.wikia.com/mk/images/e/ec/BarakaMK9VS.jpg

Also, I'm pretty sure that's a BABY dragon Skeletor has.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    damn no new feet
    I agree. I feel the same. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I never understood why Skeletor had his hand chained up? Seems impractical.
    Baby dragon. He has it chained to his wrist and he has the padlock on its neck so it can't get free. It's like...when you walk a dog on a leash...kind of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Guess he'll have to call his ghost, Scare Glow to get the key... I'm sure it will unlatch that padlock.
    Oh, you just reminded me! I forgot to mention I think Scareglow's key in Dragon Blaster Skeletor green would be a nice item for a future Weapons Pak!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Wow I can't wait
    San Diego can't get here sooner
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

This is crazy... I was walking out to my mailbox today and this figure came to my mind and I thought he'd be the next Skeletor Variant I'd love to see made! HA!!!

Never had him as a kid, but I've been waiting for this one since I saw someone on here customize up one that looked sweet!
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    Great job by the horsemen, looking forward to him.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    But he made no contribution to the figure itself lol, outside of commissioning the 4 horsemen.

With no slight to scott, I would say terrific job 4 horsemen studios :-)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

So the Dragon dettaches from the armor?
    Yeah, I'm hoping he can stand on his own and with the ball jointed head you will be able to position is head correctly when he's on all fours... If that is the case, AND his head is removable to fit on other figures, then this is the coolest accessory out there! Well Prince Adam was kinda cool too.
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Yes! Got my email as well! I LOVE him! DB Skelly was always my favorite Skeletor variant! I love the huge gnarly teeth they gave the little dragon! The reptile forearms and shins are appropriate for this particular Skelly incarnation. The only thing that would have made this figure better would have been the inclusion of the Alkala Skeletor head as an alternate head. Oh well…still a fantastic sculpt!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Love this reveal, but it would be nice if I actually got the bloody e-mails. I am thrilled with the look of this figure and I do hope he comes with the Keldor swords!
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

Awesome looking figure! I can't wait!

I like the new shins for variety's sake, but I'm not crazy about the Whiplash forearms being used. I'd have preferred to keep them unique to Whiplash and Kobra Khan for now. I'm digging the dragon.

Super excited for more Skeletors.

I do hope the dragon detaches and can be displayed as his own character. That would be nice.

Bravo, Mattel.

I'm with chuc98 on this one.
    I love seeing ol' Bonehead with chains and the ghoulish needle-toothed Dragon on his back!
    It was a great look for Skeletor back in the day, and this version of him really stands out as a top notch variant.

The choice to "evolve" the "looks of Skeletor" is awesome with the new forearms and boots!
    As long as his belly piece is a standard Skeletor belly underneath the armor, this figure combined with the Alcala head and the standard Skeletor gives a great range of possible looks that people can display.

I like the idea that Skeletor is kind of "evolving" throughout this series. It's makes sense with where he's going what with his techno look in NA. I just like that it keeps things fresh with the character. I'm an old minicomic guy that's been with MotU from the beginning, so I love my standard Skeletor for the most part. But I can also appreciate and enjoy the idea of switching him up a bit. The guy is deep into weird magics so I'm sure his different looks tie into various ways he's manipulated himself to try and "one up" He-Man.

The guys did a fantastic job with this one, VERY excited to add him to the collection.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I LOVE that we're finally getting a more vintage-accurate Skeletor. I never understood why the 4H changed the sculpt on the detailed (and, in my opinion, cooler-looking) forearms, shins and feet. So, I'm super excited that we're getting those parts on this Skeletor...except for the new feet. I guess we're doomed to have mani/pedi Skeletors forever in MOTUC. *shakes head at the painted toenails on what are supposed to be BOOT feet*
    Classics's original selling point was that they were the CARDBACK looks--something that we never had before, instead of the vintage figures recopied verbatim. Skeletor's arms and feet were based on the 8 back image. So was Mer-Man's head and MAA's green fur. Man-E-Faces was based on his cardback, not his original toy, which had big differences. We'll probably see this again with Ram Man. He will probably be more like his cardback image than his original toy.

Later figures from 1984 onward had cardback art, but it was a drawing of the TOY itself, not the CHARACTER.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Love this figure, he looks absolutlety perfect!

I love the Whiplash forearms and Khan shin guards... That`s the right thing to do!

Awesome figure!
    Yes....And I love the fact they used the slatted loin cloth....looks like the vintage accurate Skeletor buck has arrived, now you can use it to retrofit the older Skeletors.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Classics's original selling point was that they were the CARDBACK looks--something that we never had before, instead of the vintage figures recopied verbatim. Skeletor's arms and feet were based on the 8 back image. So was Mer-Man's head and MAA's green fur. Man-E-Faces was based on his cardback, not his original toy, which had big differences. We'll probably see this again with Ram Man. He will probably be more like his cardback image than his original toy.

Later figures from 1984 onward had cardback art, but it was a drawing of the TOY itself, not the CHARACTER.
    I can appreciate characters being based on cardback designs because, as a kid, I fell in love with Entrapta, Scratch N' Sound Catra and some others based on their cardback designs. I was disappointed with Toy Entrapta because of how amazing she looked on her cardback. I thought she was a pirate, for some reason.

Anyway, for MOTU, there aren't as many examples where I liked the cardback more. Like MAA...I was disappointed they went cardback with him. If Ram-Man is orange, I will be extremely disappointed. I HATE ORANGE! Except for Castaspella. I prefer her toy colours over Filmation.

The good thing about this line, I feel, is the ability to kit-bash whatever you like most as the releases go on. You want an Alcala Skeletor - pop the head on! You want Toy Skeletor, put version 1's armour on DB Skeletor. She-Ra...look at the options there! Well...except for Toy She-Ra. We don't have that yet. Hopefully soon!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    The Dragon's name better be "Pixel"...

No no no you already got your pixel accessory with Kobra Khan. Lets not be a "Pixel" hog now

Very nice! And I'm lovin' the fact that the dragon is detachable. I'm hoping he's fully posable/articulated.

As for the NA variants, I'm calling it - 2013 will be FF He-Man and TC Skele. 2014 will be LP HM and LL Skeletor. LL Skele will have swappable accessories that will allow you to create NA Skeletor, and NA He-Man will be released in 2015.

We'll get a He-Man and Skeletor variant for every year that MOTUC exists. So perhaps Snake Armor He-Man and DOD Skele in 2016. In 2017, Motion Pic HM and Skele. Ice Armor HM and BB Skeletor after that...
    Last edited by mykan; June 6, 2012 at 07:00pm.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Happy for those who wanted DB Skeletor, but I seriously hope the next variant is something other than MOTU.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Loved the vintage figure and the mini comic. LOOOOOVE this MOTUC variant.

So happy with the real metal chains and the dragon!

I hope they keep going in order with the vintage variants...because I really want Terror Claws Skeletor too and that will bring an end to the vintage variants.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    i don't want to raise any conspiracy theories, but do we know if the 4HM designed the dragon at all? maybe some guys at Mattel design some figures themselves (for cost saving) and the 4HM just sculpt them. i mean, Dragoe Man looks great and this little dragon is meant to look ferocious. even the vintage toy looked more menacing...

Attachment 76486

Yeah !
    I thought the same thing.

If we look William George's poster, we can see a real menacing dragon.
    This one is more a cartoon dragon.
    After Faceless One's head and Stinkor's forearms, another Mattel mistake in an important character.