Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Dragon Blaster Skeletor Discussion Thread

Ever since he became the popular rumor following TP He-Man, I wasn't that excited for DB Skeletor as he's just never been that cool to me, but the dragon is a bigger "meh" than even I thought it would be. I am sorry for anyone truly disappointed and glad for anyone who is pleased. Now that we've gotten him out of the way I can look forward to the Skeletor variants I liked more (Laser Light, NA, Disks of Doom, Battle Blade, Fire Armor, and even Terror Claws will be interesting as he had the dumbest armor but coolest weapons).

Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    i don't want to raise any conspiracy theories, but do we know if the 4HM designed the dragon at all? maybe some guys at Mattel design some figures themselves (for cost saving) and the 4HM just sculpt them. i mean, Dragoe Man looks great and this little dragon is meant to look ferocious. even the vintage toy looked more menacing...

Attachment 76486
    I've thought the same. I started a thread about it, but it was CLOSED.

I'm a little underwhelmed by the head honestly, I don't know what to make of it on just the one pic. I sort of like it, sort of dont.

You can see a bit of the hind leg below his arm. I'm thinking his claw might be blocked by the lock.

I forgot about the Skeletors Dragon mini. Isn't that the one where he wakes up Battle Bones and escapes via energy vagina?
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    The dragon really doesn't look nice. The curse of Classics-itis strikes again. Like Leech, Stratos, Buzz Off and Whiplash they've slavishly replicated the original toy look, when they should have used their talents to create a whole new design, making the dragon look more ferocious and realistic complete with a much better head. Skeletor looks nice, but the dragon doesn't, and that's the main selling point.
    I would have to disagree. I think it looks cartoony and silly, but NOT like the vintage one, which makes it worse than Clawfull's MOTUC head, as at least it was vintage, if not a really cool re-imagining.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    i'm a little underwhelmed by the head honestly, i don't know what to make of it on just the one pic. I sort of like it, sort of dont.

You can see a bit of the hind leg below his arm. I'm thinking his claw might be blocked by the lock.

I forgot about the skeletors dragon mini. Isn't that the one where he wakes up battle bones and escapes via energy vagina?
    lol! ... ...

Yet another sub holder here and I haven't gotten either email. But, it doesn't shock me at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    At first I was very happy with DB Skeletor, but the more I look the sculpt, Im more dissapoited.

The Dragon must look like this:
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...aster_full.jpg

But instead it looks like a piata:

http://www.gamingsteve.com/archives/...vivaPinata.jpg

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/a...r_Email_05.jpg
    After seeing this drawing of DB Skeletor, I have to agree with those who feel that the dragon's head is off. He is all teeth, and kinda looks like a muppet!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    DBS is certainly a very nice surprise!!

But I have to side with the majority of people here and agree that the dragon's head looks... off.

Since no action feature was required I feel as though they could have taken some liberty on the head and given him an open mouth with more of a 'spitting/spraying' look to it.
    I mean, this little guy's main defence is to spray his victims with a deadly mist right? If thats the case then why did they make him look like a 'chomper' with such a heavy focus on those teeth?

IMO upon first glance, nothing says Dragon 'Blaster' Skeletor about this figure, rather lil' Dragon Piggy-Back Skeletor.
    Last edited by Alex The Kid; June 6, 2012 at 10:22pm.

It looks like the dragon's head may be able to fold back 90 degrees so that it looks straight when the dragon is on the ground in a dog like position. Anyone agree?
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    It looks like the dragon's head may be able to fold back 90 degrees so that it looks straight when the dragon is on the ground in a dog like position. Anyone agree?
    Yeah, with the way it looks I have to say that as well! Very much looking forward to that ability.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex The Kid View Post
    DBS is a curtainly a very nice surprise!

But I have to agree with the majority of people here and agree that the dragon's head looks... off.

Since no action feature was required I feel as though they could have taken some liberty on the head and given him an open mouth with more of a 'spitting/spraying' look to it.
    I mean, this little guy's main defence is to spray his victims with a deadly mist right? If thats the case why did they make him look like a 'chomper' with such a heavy focus on those teeth?

Upon first glance, nothing says Dragon 'Blaster' Skeletor about this figure, rather Lil' Dragon Piggy-Back Skeletor.
    Be sure to check out my poll, Do you like DB skeletor's dragon's new head!

Nice post about why it doesn't fit the character.

- - - Updated - - -

This would be great, and would make the blow of the silly head easier to take, but since it is a regular head that can be swapped with all of the others, I can't see how that would work, especially since it has That fin on the back of its head where the peg would have to be if it pivoted straight like that.

Heroic Warrior
    possibly, you got me thinkig now... I think at this point some questions need to be answered by the "man with the plan" regarding the dragon. It seems many of us would like to know more about the dragon --- not necessarily more pics, but at least tell us if it will act like a seperate figure when detached from Skeletor. Will it have articulated legs and feet? Will it have arms and claws, period?

No point in asking if they can redo the head since we all know what the answer to that question will be.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    No point in asking if they can redo the head since we all know what the answer to that question will be.
    Sad indeed.

That would be awesome if it did, I really want the dragon to be more then just a "backpack." I'd love it is he was able to stand on his own. However I have a feeling that is not going to be the case.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Wow, that dragon head is about the worst sculpt yet. I mean, it's really, really bad. How are more people not up in arms about this?

Yet another e-mail that I haven't recieved, and probably never will.

I will say this, there might be a (small) chance that the Dragon will come with 2 heads, one more toy based, and one more concept drawing based. Seems plausible to me any way.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I will say this, there might be a (small) chance that the Dragon will come with 2 heads, one more toy based, and one more concept drawing based. Seems plausible to me any way.
    Are you saying the head we are getting looks like the toy? I just don't see it.

I'm not too keen on the Dragon's head either. It's mostly that he has too many teeth and they are too long compared to the other vintage illustrations mentioned earlier in this thread. I also wish the mouth was articulated or sculpted open.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Maybe the bio will finally give the dragon a name.
    I had always hoped that the dragon on Skeletor's back was actually Draego Man as a youngster. Or, maybe Draego Man's son.

So maybe Draego Man is really a good guy but he's forced to work on the side of evil because Skeletor has his son locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex The Kid View Post
    DBS is certainly a very nice surprise!!

But I have to side with the majority of people here and agree that the dragon's head looks... off.
    The majority is not saying the Dragon's head is off, even the poll shows around a 50/50 split
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I don't mind the ridiculous teeth on the dragon...
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Yet another e-mail that I haven't recieved, and probably never will.

Nice idea... I would love another head option. Any second head would have to look more like the pictures darkmoon766 posted in an earlier post.

Paw up, but I want her red, silver and black like her mini comic, prototype and card art.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Okay...now that all those pictures of the dragon were posted...yeah. His head could have been a lot better. I wish it looked EXACTLY like the head under "Skeletor's Dragon" with his fork tung hanging out!

Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    Paw up, but I want her red, silver and black like her mini comic, prototype and card art.
    Her first toy was red.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Okay...now that all those pictures of the dragon were posted...yeah. His head could have been a lot better. I wish it looked EXACTLY like the head under "Skeletor's Dragon" with his fork tung hanging out!

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll...ge024_full.jpg
    Yeah, that's why I posted it. I wouldve wanted that too. But it's all good, I don't mind the ridiculous teeth. The "Skeletor's Dragon" mini comic was one of my favorites. I kinda, almost, barely remember reading that one for the first time. #BlindedByNostalgia™
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!