Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Dragon Blaster Skeletor Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    Wow, that dragon head is about the worst sculpt yet. I mean, it's really, really bad. How are more people not up in arms about this?
    Because it's a $20.00 toy?...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I assume the dragon is removable - but it looks like it only is the basic way: as though he's the back part of the armor.

It would have cost more, but an articulated dragon would have been KILLER. It's beautiful looking though - I mean, the teeth are a bit strange, but mabe that will change?
    If the dragon was removable and poseable as a sidekick/pet I'd be all about this figure. As it is, he still a variant that doesn't excite me as much as say OCTAVIA.

Photobucket
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I think the changes to skeletor is because he catches the techno virus in the past. This will explain his na look also.

Yes yes!! DB Skeletor will finally be here. Very very good update. And yes that Dragon head is awesome. Real chains...yeah. I really like the new boots & the forearms are nice. Definitely getting 2 of him. Plus the 3rd comic comes w/ him. Amazing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I like the goofy for MOTU since it was orginally aimed at little kids. The MOTUC bios have made that moot what with one of the latest ones reading like a Mortal Kombat fatality. The dragon looks good except for the teeth. They really hurt the toy's look IMO.
    I think if I were a little kid I would like the dragon.

I'm not gonna cry though. I love 99.99999 percent of everything they do and so far I love the mini comics and he comes with that so...whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Thank you!

I would love for Skeletor's sword to be blood red. It's probably too late to change though.

I am relieved they chose to use metal chains again. Anything else would have lead to QC issues for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Yes yes!! DB Skeletor will finally be here. Very very good update. And yes that Dragon head is awesome. Real chains...yeah. I really like the new boots & the forearms are nice. Definitely getting 2 of him. Plus the 3rd comic comes w/ him. Amazing.....
    Yeah I am probably getting 2, as rare as that is for me to do....I want the buck so long as the chest and abs are blue, to be a truer vintage stand in with the Alcala head....after seeing the Whiplash forearms for the first time on Khan, I thought to myself, now those look more like the vintage Skeletor Forearms, as well as the new shins....now I get to finally see those parts on the new Skeletor....and they look awesome.

I am passing on 2 SMAA, I will have to read the comic online or hear the story, or even resort to opening him to get the comic out, but TPHM & DBS, both get an extra for opening. Now I just wonder who the final 4th variant will be....

2012 is really a strong year for MOTUC, at least for me....I am caught up except for like 3 or 4 figures, and 2012 will be the most figures in one year I will possess, and my collection will have after 3 from this sale....32, I still need 3 or 4, and am debating on 6 more, and 2012 will still have the most I will have. And to think I just started the line in August last year to only buy the vintage figures of MOTU I had as a kid....now I have many more than that.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Father of Dragons. I never planned on Draego Man joining Skeletor in my cannon til now.

I don't know, for me the lack of an open mouth or a more menacing head is throwing it off big time for me. Even the Vintage one is a little more menacing. It's interesting they went the direction with Draego Man and a more tame dragon head with this. Going to assume they're just going to copy the Filmation design with Granamyr into 3D.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...06227867_n.jpg

Who drew this SCB?

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    :o *jaw drops* Beautiful.
    Does Galactus fart?

Dragon's head is a little cartoony but i still enjoy the figure, looking forward to it.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I finally remember what Gnashor's head reminds me of

Repteel from the Street Sharks line!
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; June 7, 2012 at 01:27am.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

The adult MOTUC fan in me says "Why the heck does Skeletor even need a dragon? Especially a mini one that fits on his back. He is already a powerful mage, fighter, and would launch an attack on Grayskull with monsterous dragons. I hate variants, and how they seem to take president over new characters." but the child in me says "Sure its cool, Skeletor with a dragon... but I like Terror Claws more..."

Its a nice update, but I have to pass.

I wanted to see what Gnashor might look with an open mouth. So I made a very quick mock-up:

And here a version with a bit shorter teeth:
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; June 7, 2012 at 05:46am.

Looks much better with an open mouth.

I wanted to see what Gnashor might look with an open mouth. So I made a very quick mock-up:
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...r_Email_10.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...r_Email_11.jpg
    that looks great! now we only need a spaying/spitting effect (like the thunder punch) to plug into his mouth.

We can probably put Draego-Man's head on the dragon....

I finally remember what Gnashor's head reminds me of
    HAAHAA - I love how he is basically, officially, Gnashor. Or maybe Gnash-Or!

I wanted to see what Gnashor might look with an open mouth. So I made a very quick mock-up
    Wow - that is REALLY cool.

I bet this was a cost thing...
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

We definately NEED a second head with an open mouth!

Heroic Warrior
    Omg! I was seriously looking at the vintage one today hoping matty would get this done. This is the second best pic I saw today... Number one was a 3d ultra sound pic of my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by docfairday View Post
    Omg! I was seriously looking at the vintage one today hoping matty would get this done. This is the second best pic I saw today... Number one was a 3d ultra sound pic of my daughter.
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    We can probably put Draego-Man's head on the dragon...
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...r_Email_10.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...r_Email_12.jpg
    Those both look very good. Nice work. The first one looks better than the reveal, but it still looks like he can't get his mouth open all the way to bite anything. A mutant who couldn't exist on it's own, the second one looks better, but it just doesn't do it for me. It is great to see what he would look like with his mouth open. Thanks for your hard work!

I have decided that this would have been the best design to take for him, even if they had to smooth his teeth out for safety and all that.
    db goerge2.jpg
    Like the Earl Norem King hiss, This is what the "Ultimate" version of this dragon looks like for me. As the Sculpt is now, "Gnashor" as you call him, even if his teeth were smaller like your second mock up, looks like all he would be good for is biting something,(with the larger teeth would be nigh impossible, maybe dislocating his jaw like a snake?) and what is the point of having a biting machine chained on your back, especially when it seems the point was to "blast" things?
    Last edited by darkmoon766; June 7, 2012 at 02:18am.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Those both look very good. Nice work. The first one looks better than the reveal, but it still looks like he can't get his mouth open all the way to bite anything. A mutant who couldn't exist on it's own, the second one looks better, but it just doesn't do it for me. It is great to see what he would look like with his mouth open. Thanks for your hard work!

I have decided that this would have been the best design to take for him, even if they had to smooth his teeth out for safety and all that.
    db goerge2.jpg
    Like the Earl Norem King hiss, This is what the "Ultimate" version of this dragon looks like for me. As the Sculpt is now, "Gnashor" as you call him, even if his teeth were smaller like your second mock up, looks like all he would be good for is biting something,(with the larger teeth would be nigh impossible, maybe dislocating his jaw like a snake?) and what is the point of having a biting machine chained on your back, especially when it seems the point was to "blast" things?
    Thank you!
    And I completely agree! I liked that artwork the most of all renditions so far. Heck, i even had it as an avatar for quite some time...
    Nothing we can do really to change what we'll get though. I mean, I still like it - but it could have been much better nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post
    Simple, possible theory?

This thing looks quite a bit different from any depiction of the dragon I'm seeing.

The shape of the head, though? Aside from the larger teeth and horns, the structure is a bit similar to that of the skull from Terror Claws Skeletor. I've wondered if Skeletor was keeping the skull of this monster around after he was done the piggyback routine. Perhaps in classics, both accessories have been made into the same creature, pre and post death? Maybe the Terror Claws skull will have horns and huge teeth.

Or maybe not. I'm not even criticizing the MOTUC design, since I still think it looks pretty cool and I've got no history with the vintage toy or it's appearances in artwork so it doesn't really feel particularly wrong to me. Still, I find the design choice puzzling since there's so often such a direct basis for the direction a design takes in these figures.

It seems like an open mouth would make sense, regardless of the dragon's appearance, since I assume the reason he's all snuggied up on Skeletor is so he can be used as a weapon to "blast" our heroes with water, poison, or whatever. Perhaps they thought that made him look like he was constantly trying to eat Skeletor's head? No idea.

Ideally, my hope for this figure was a separate articulated dragon figure that could be attached, but there's no way that could fit in a standard figure's budget and a separate figure wouldn't be able to smoosh as close to Skelly' back as necessary.

Anyway, I think he looks cool overall! I love seeing a Skeletor in full vintage toy-accurate parts! And regardless of my confusion over what's still a nifty looking dragon head in my opinion, I think making it removable and compatible with the standard figure neck post was a brilliant idea.
    Extending this theory, perhaps NA Skeletor's pet Grrr is the reanimated DB Skeletor dragon whose bones he hauled around as TC Skeletor...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBeast View Post
    Extending this theory, perhaps NA Skeletor's pet Grrr is the reanimated DB Skeletor dragon whose bones he hauled around as TC Skeletor...
    Apparently many on the board think alike.