Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Dragon Blaster Skeletor Discussion Thread

These pics are killing me! Someone needs to photoshop those onto DB Skelly asap!

Ooh, my turn!

Oh wait, that's Granamyr.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Very cool! I'm looking forward to this. I like the new sculpting...goes nicely w the theme...Drago Man's head is a must try just to see it. Flying Fists He-man/Terror Claws Skeletor for 2013 and Laser Power He-man/Laser Light Skeletor for 2014! Can't wait
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

For those critiquing the head.
    That's fair, it's obviously not everyone's cup o' tea.

But to be a little more fair, maybe wait to pass final judgement until you see more views of it or until it's in your hand?

The pic we have there is small at best, remember photos can often mislead.

That won't derail anyone that doesn't like the teeth, those are fairly obvious admittedly... But as one can see reading the board here, it's fairly split on who likes the style picked, and who doesn't.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    ELLIOT!!! I love him!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    For those critiquing the head.
    That's fair, it's obviously not everyone's cup o' tea.

But to be a little more fair, maybe wait to pass final judgement until you see more views of it or until it's in your hand?

The pic we have there is small at best, remember photos can often mislead.

That won't derail anyone that doesn't like the teeth, those are fairly obvious admittedly... But as one can see reading the board here, it's fairly split on who likes the style picked, and who doesn't.

Keep fighting the good fight, my friend! No one will listen to rational thought, but it's good to know that someone is trying.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

i love this skeletor, i dunno why i like the head cause its kinda silly but i like, now i cant wait for terror claws and laser light skeletor!!!!!
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Now that I had a chance to have a better look, I must say, from what I can see in the pic (which may be different from what we actually get or which may differ from when we get better pics): the dragon's head looks kinda weird and too big (referring to the teeth)... I dunno... Never owned the original vintage one as a kid (oh, I wish I had that one!) but I seem to remember that the dragon scared the *** out of me. This one looks somewhat goofy, I guess. Still glad we get DB Skelly though.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Still not got my email - boo-urns to that. He looks pretty amazing though. Genuinely excited for this chap!

I'd just like to hate on that "rediculous" (sic) head once more:

HATE
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Eternian Sculpter Wannabe Royalt1us's Avatar
    Very cool. But yeah, I'm gonna have to make my own head for that dragon.
    Check out ROYAL-T's Customs at:
    Dinner Table Creations

WRAPTOR, LAVA_SHARK, PO-LAR, LAVA-SHARK v.2 (Might-Bite), EMPRISSS, SPY-FLY, and OOZOR, are all available now.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    From Scott:
    The Dragon was sculpted by the Four Horsemen and it was their design choice. He does not have a second head. The figure is already tool'd and there will not be any changes to the sculpt at this point.

also...

No, it is not designed to stand or sit on his own, it attaches via a peg to Skeletor's back.

I guess I'll need to get a second DB Skelly and customize Gnashor's mouth to be open...
    Alternatively I think I could remove one or two of his raised scales/prongs, as it would look closer to the vintage original:

In my opinion that already would help a lot. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; June 7, 2012 at 05:29pm.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Looks like once again, We are going to have more training as part-time customizers. I'm wondering if I should do what some have said they are going to do, buy an old DB Skeletor dragon head and modify it. Or should I go the distance and try to skulpt one from scratch with skulpy... I usually give mad props to the 4H but... I don't know what they were thinking this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Looks like once again, We are going to have more training as part-time customizers.
    Yes!!!!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    From Scott: No, it is not designed to stand or sit on his own, it attaches via a peg to Skeletor's back.
    *Sigh* Well alright then. I could have gone with a non-articulated body if they would have JUST made the head able to look normal while crawlin' around. I figured that would be an obvious choice for this one. I mean, I'm still geeked that it can come off his back, 'cause that was one option I always wanted, but I figured they would make the dragon look at least somewhat normal when off his back. Oh well...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Yeah, unfortunately, I am not really feeling the dragon head. either. Looks a bit Fred Flintstone-ish.
    Last edited by mossfan; June 7, 2012 at 05:49pm.

Quote Originally Posted by mossfan View Post
    I feel the same way. Looks a bit Fred Flintstone-ish.
    Dino-Blaster Skeletor?

Alternatively I think I could remove one or two of his raised scales/prongs, as it would look closer to the vintage original:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m.../DBprongs2.jpg

In my opinion that already would help a lot. What do you guys think?
    I like the scales. It's the shape of his beak that's putting me off. Reducing the size of the teeth in the back would do the trick, I guess, but TG already shot it down.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I usually give mad props to the 4H but... I don't know what they were thinking this time around.
    I don't get it either, their animal/creature sculpts are always spot on and firmly rooted in reality.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Between this, Leech & Clawful, this one if even worse. I can't believe the 4H did this to DBS.

Just look at Draegoman! They can obviously sculpt a wicked looking dragon!

Jebus!
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; June 7, 2012 at 06:49pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Between this & Clawful, this one if even worse. I can't believe the 4H did this to DBS.
    At least Clawful was faithful to the vintage toy.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I like the scales. It's the shape of his beak that's putting me off. Reducing the size of the teeth in the back would do the trick, I guess, but TG already shot it down.
    He did.

Anyway - here's a gif:

It's such a small change, but it makes all the difference!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

There you go !!!
    It's insane how such a small thing can make or break a figure. I really hope the Horsemen step in on this one.

Total epic fail that the dragon cannot sit on its own. Total epic fail. Waste of a wonderful opportunity.
    Last edited by davidlogan; June 7, 2012 at 08:18pm. Reason: Punctuation's sake
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

I love the head, something of a angler fish quality.

I am not surprised however after alot of fans where unhappy with Leech and Clawful they would try a less toy like design, leech in particular a big complaint was his teeth being to faithful to the toy...

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Total epic fail that the dragon cannot sit on it's own. Total epic fail. Waste of a wonderful opportunity.
    Just like Cringer.......but most people were fine with that.

I'm the hater of variants. I hate the fact as a subscriber, that I have to buy variants like Thunder Punch He-Man, Snake MAA, Hurricane Hordak.......etc. If I wasn't a subscriber, I would not own these.

But....after seeing Dragon Blaster Skeletor, I have to say that I like this one. It's a pretty decent variant, and I'm actually excited to get this one. I also don't mind the dragon head.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210