Thread: My Masters of the Universe Memories

My Masters of the Universe Memories

Greetings, friends. First, let me apologize for two things; firstly, I am not as diligent on these boards as I should be and secondly, this initial post may be lengthy.

So, I like the Masters of the Universe vintage figures. I like them a lot. I like them so much that I made a website about them. I also make videos about my memories growing up with them and what they meant/mean to me.

I think a lot of you would like that website too so I am telling you about it. You can visit me and watch all of my videos (where, as of writing this, I have only uploaded two but more are coming) and let me know what you think about them. I would also love to hear all about your memories and experiences with the toys too.

Thanks for reading this and I look forward to your visits.

http://www.facebook.com/myMOTUmemories
    mymotumemories.com

Cool. I "liked" your page!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Cool. I "liked" your page!
    Thanks. I hope you like it.
    mymotumemories.com

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Thanks for sharing your vids!

Heartfelt video. Good job.

No problem. I enjoy making them. I hope you enjoy watching them.

EDIT:

Just a quick update for all of you that are interested: I just wanted to stop by and let you all know that I have just uploaded the third installment of my video series over at mymotumemories.com.

This one gets a little silly and focuses on a Christmas gift I received from one of our fellow forum members. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Got another video up over at the website, http://mymotumemories.com. This one is Episode 4 and it deals primarily with the new Wind Raider and the vintage figures Tung-Lashor, Mekaneck, and Stinkor. Please let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by bwjenkins View Post
    No problem. I enjoy making them. I hope you enjoy watching them.

EDIT:

Just a quick update for all of you that are interested: I just wanted to stop by and let you all know that I have just uploaded the third installment of my video series over at mymotumemories.com.

This one gets a little silly and focuses on a Christmas gift I received from one of our fellow forum members. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Got another video up over at the website, http://mymotumemories.com. This one is Episode 4 and it deals primarily with the new Wind Raider and the vintage figures Tung-Lashor, Mekaneck, and Stinkor. Please let me know what you think.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99cyBKoouaY
    Another Edit: Greetings, friends! I've been going pretty strong with updating new videos once a week or so. I brought in my oldest daughter, Morgan, as a a sidekick and MOTU newbie and I try to impart my love of the toys to her in every episode. If you haven't watched them yet, here is the latest video, Episode 8 - Roboto:

Last edited by bwjenkins; February 25, 2012 at 08:27am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    mymotumemories.com

Eager for episode #9!
    Keep making them. There are a lot of good reviews on this site, I'm glad you're covering the vintage line.
    Your rambling style is great. MOTU is one of my all-time favorite lines and I enjoy seeing what they evoke in other fans. These masterpieces (even today) can make one float on a stream of consciousness.
    More!

Quote Originally Posted by mollusc herald View Post
    Eager for episode #9!
    Keep making them. There are a lot of good reviews on this site, I'm glad you're covering the vintage line.
    Your rambling style is great. MOTU is one of my all-time favorite lines and I enjoy seeing what they evoke in other fans. These masterpieces (even today) can make one float on a stream of consciousness.
    More!
    Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate support from other forum members. It's true; Masters of the Universe fans are the nicest in the world!

Submitted for your approval, Episode 9 is now live! In this episode we finally feature The Most Powerful Man in the Universe, He-Man!!!!!

Hope you like it.

mymotumemories.com

Cool vids, keep em' coming its fun seeing other MOTU enthusiates.. Side note, My daughter collects the Monster High too.

Greetings, friends. Sorry for the hiatus but things have been cerrrraaaazzzie around here lately. Anyways, we have finally uploaded our tenth video and I think it's one of our best, if I do say so myself. Featured for your viewing pleasure is 1987's King Randor figure, fresh from my plastic tub of goodness!

Check it out and let us know what you think:

mymotumemories.com

First rate videos!
    Video #9
    Even the artwork for the figures was cool. The rock burst and eight back art made the toys even more vibrant. I was especially impressed with Skeletor, Man at Arms, and Zodac.

The vehicle art by Obrero and others (William George?) gave the impression of a vast fantasy world.

Video #10
    I never had Randor unfortuneately. I did have Jitsu. The Randor Jitsu armor was really cool.
    As much as is made of parts reuse there are many different armors that the designers changed enough to make them unique.
    Clawful’s armor was impressive to me as a kid.
    Of all the armor that made these characters even better, it’s hard to best Webstors. The only downside was those tabs could be brittle because his armor had to be rigid. I don’t think that was a problem on the other hard plastic armors like Stinkor.

What awesome toys!

New video is up! Finally!

This month we get a new set (?), a couple of new MOTUC releases, have some random talk about SDCC exclusives and the Avengers movie, and then we finally round it out with some vintage Mantenna discussion.

What more could you possibly want?

Hope you like it.

mymotumemories.com