Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Griffin, Horde Prime, and Snake Man-at-Arms Packaged pics on Matty's Facebook!

SDCC reveals the next MAA variant... Zombie Man-At-Arms

Bah!! No one kills my 8-backers! 8-Backs don't die!

Soooo I guess my Magnum MAA head finally get's a body... Old/Future Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Glad I don't follow TG's canon as official, when nothing is set in stone with these stories. I just don't like that some of the bios have an ending on the characters, its bad storytelling trying to tell a connecting story via brief bios. Just explain who the character is, their abilities, their origin and what they do in MOTU is all that is needed. We don't get endings to other characters in DC, Marvel bios. They continue on...unless they have died definitely (usually villains and D-listers) while main characters always come back and some D-listers do as well. It looks as if TG wants MOTUC to be like the Marvel Ultimate universe, with certain characters meeting their demise at some point to have an ending to the story arc. MOTUC clearly is an alternate universe, which is okay with me. Just keep the figures coming, Long live MOTU!
    Quoted for truth
    Last edited by oICEMANo; May 8, 2012 at 04:19am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    This is all assuming death is a permanent thing in this cannon. Scott's response to Sorceress dying was that "Superman died too". They all have a way of coming back.
    Interesting point. Do resurrections happen on Eternia? Has it ever happened in any of the canons? Where a character died and was brought back? Scareglow and Megator are undead, so they don't count.

Then again MOTUC, could be Mortal Kombat canon, where dead characters get resurrected left and right.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

True but Sorceress is a magical being so it could happen whereas Duncan is regular joe. I would welcome his resurrection though.
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I like the way the bios are telling of the story of the Masters of the Universe.

Although we all like these characters, everyone dies, sooner or later. And it doesn't care the brave you've been, you can have a non epic death (though Duncan's one seems to be quite epic anyway, fighting his friends and pupil), even a silly one.

These Bios are narrating just the whole history of Eternia events related to the Sword of He, focussing on He-Man, of course. But as we know facts from 5 millenia ago and will probably see things of the future (to where the son of Skeletor and Evil-Lyn was sent), we have to assume most of the characters die at some point down the road. And I rather having Man-at-Arms dying at the battlefield than imagining him reaching 70 years old, suffering from Alzheimer's disease and then dying at a hospital of a heartache, while catheterized to be able to urinate...

And narrating deaths of the characters does not imply we are not having more figures about a character, please. Figures are not released chronologically, we could even have a teenager Adam or Teela, a Teela-Na figure (after knowing she dies when her time comes), or even a Callix one (whose only known achievement is to die by Hordak's magic).
    Last edited by Vearn; May 8, 2012 at 05:42am.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    side note on the card back of SMAA, someone dropped the ball there, should have been all snakemen
    How could it be all snake men? They've only released 2 in the last couple of years and the 2 pack army builder won't be released for a few months yet. There just aren't enough Snake Men to fill out a card back at present.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    This is all assuming death is a permanent thing in this cannon. Scott's response to Sorceress dying was that "Superman died too". They all have a way of coming back.
    You make a good point... but if it's true, it highlights really poor writing nowadays!

If people can just, you know, come back to life whenever it suits, then... you know, what's the point? Are we supposed to be emotionally invested in their death? If people can resurrect themselves willy-nilly, then who cares, right? It's cheap story-telling at its worst!

It worked for Optimus Prime (the first time) cos they were getting rid of him forever. When the inevitable parental backlash occurred, Hasbro back-tacked and OP was reborn! Lame! Now, every single TF continuity (including Bay's abominations) have Prime "dying" at some point - but who cares, right? He's gonna be brought back to life eventually, so it doesn't matter.

So again, if true, it's sad to see the same type of contrived writing occurring in MOTU. Personally, I don't care for these Bios, so it doesn't bother me. They are basically fan-fic to me. But if Scott kills M-A-A, then please let him stay dead, so as not to cheapen his death!
    Last edited by Robzy; May 8, 2012 at 06:05am.
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by Vearn View Post
    I like the way the bios are telling of the story of the Masters of the Universe.

Although we all like these characters, everyone dies, sooner or later. And it doesn't care the brave you've been, you can have a non epic death (though Duncan's one seems to be quite epic anyway, fighting his friends and pupil), even a silly one.

These Bios are narrating just the whole history of Eternia events related to the Sword of He, focussing on He-Man, of course. But as we know facts from 5 millenia ago and will probably see things of the future (to where the son of Skeletor and Evil-Lyn was sent), we have to assume most of the characters die at some point down the road. And I rather having Man-at-Arms dying at the battlefield than imagining him reaching 70 years old, suffering from Alzheimer's disease and then dying at a hospital of a heartache, while catheterized to be able to urinate...

And narrating deaths of the characters does not imply we are not having more figures about a character, please. Figures are not released chronologically, we could even have a teenager Adam or Teela, a Teela-Na figure (after knowing she dies when her time comes), or even a Callix one (whose only known achievement is to die by Hordak's magic).

The problem I have is these bios are making what were once timeless characters finite...
    Preternia doesn't count cos it's well... Preternia
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    The problem I have is these bios are making what were once timeless characters finite...
    Preternia doesn't count cos it's well... Preternia
    But everything has a beginning and an end.

If all of you really care about the bios just imagine the countless adventures of the Masters of the universe just before the facts that triggered the Second Ultimate Battleground (or even just when they started). By then, all the main characters seem to be alive and is when I'd say Filmation & 200X adventures would have happened.

I like the time passes, what I wouldn't want about a broad outline of the MOTU story is to be like the Simpsons, or Doraemon, where main story does not advance at all.
    Last edited by Vearn; May 8, 2012 at 06:29am.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Count me in the camp that loves these particular bios (and enjoys the narrative being told through MOTUC bios as a whole)!

Though a bit clunky in its wording, the Griffin bio reads pretty much how I expected it to--and I love the idea of a massive flock (herd?) of them attacking Grayskull Tower.

As for Horde Prime, he is the 'Big Bad' in my canon's version of the Horde (NB: Skeletor is an even bigger bad! ), so I don't have a problem there. That being said, it would be great to find out that Hordak and/or Skeletor manipulated The Twins into defeating HP so that one of them (Hordak/Skeletor) could take over the Horde. Also, I hope we find out more about the techno-organic virus one day. I'm not a huge fan of the concept, but I'm wondering if there's a connection between the virus and HP's seemingly cyborgian body.

And, finally, Snake Man-At-Arms... I actually like the figure, and its (200X) body will become the 'standard' MAA buck in my collection (i.e., I'll pop the snake head on the original body, and that'll go on my Snake Men shelf). I have no problem with the fact that he dies. As with the Sorceress (Teela'Na), I always felt there was an expectation that he would die: he was dead in the Marvel comics series (IIRC), NA would have seen him turned into a villain for the third season and he would have been defeated, 200X saw transformed into a servant of Hsss, and MYP showed us an alternate-reality version of Duncan as a villain. In short, almost every cannon has said that MAA will either die or go bad--dude's too repressed (ask Fisto) and bound to snap. With all of that said, I have one issue with the way that he died: why'd they have to make Clamp Champ the one to do it? As someone else pointed out earlier, if CC had more of an existing backstory already (even from past incarnations) that would be one thing. But so little is known about him that I'm afraid this paints him in a less than ideal light--He-Man or Sorceress (Teela) should have taken him out, that would have been the way to go (albeit incredibly gut-wrenching).
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Its not called Eternia for nothing... lol
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

The Griffin looks so much better with the new paint job on the wings, I'm so happy they changed it The bio is pretty good, but I'm surprised their not just native to Eternia.

What going off with the bio pic for Prime, IMO an image would have been better. Same for SMAA, an MYP shot would have be better IMO.

Prime's bio is not to bad, but I don't like his real name it sounds like a sexual reference As others have said I hope He-Ro's mind wipe will lead into Grey being introduced. Also I though Scott said Prime's bio would explain both heads, but I could be wrong on that?

While I'm not a fan of the SMAA figure I've never had a problem with using the MYP plan to turn MAA into a SnakeMan for a few episodes so he could build them weapons and vehicles, and his bio is also not bad, right up until they kill him. I never had a problem with it in 200x as he was going to be turned back after a while and feel this works much better as once MAA has been turned back and see's all the death and destruction the weapons and vehicles he built are doing he could be like "oh no, what have I done" sort of thing. I also thought their might have been a Blast Attack reference. IMO they really should have just had CC wound/defeat him then Teela turn him back, thats what will happen in my canon anyway .
    MAA was going to be in the He-Ro: Son of He-Man series so if they are planning on using that as some fans are speculating then thats one thing that will be different, unless he's not really dead? Maybe they get Dragstor to jump start him or something

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    And Clamp Champ surely could have found some way to stop SMAA without resorting to killing him.
    Like maybe just clamping him

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    why is SMAA back covered with Horde members?
    That is a bit of an odd choice
    Last edited by 13977; May 8, 2012 at 07:26am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Turning Duncan into a Snake Man so soon after the Serpos incident and then killing him off down the road is way too soon for anybody to be offed and that includes Sorceress Teela'na since by MYP time that's merely one year after Prince Adam became He-Man. I say give it some more time before we start filling the graveyards.

Horde Prime's bio really does scream how Filmation should have ended on a high note. The Christmas Special and several of the She-ra episodes did feel like there is a buildup to the eventual confrontation with Horde Prime but sadly never happened.
    Last edited by Akai; May 8, 2012 at 07:45am.

I still want to know why, despite TGs saying that the cross sells are "as you remember them", the Heroic Warriors are written in red instead of blue and vice versa for the Evil Warriors...
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Nice collection of toys at Mattys facebook:

- MOTU figures
    - New Adventures of He-Man character
    - Flash figure
    - DC superhero

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...11124881_n.jpg
    Aaaand who's the figure in central position that captures all the viewer's attention?
    That's right, The Mighty Spector! Pretty cool, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Of course all these horrible events could easily be fixed by the Mighty Spector...Does he? Nope. Jerk.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I dont like the last BIOS and IMO all be an alternate MOTUverse.

In my canon:

- Snake MAA will get a cure from Granymir and he will die training the new Masters
    - Teela will leave his Sorceress role and marries Adam, becoming Queen of Eternia
    - A new Sorceress will be chosen
    - Dare, son of Adam and Teela will become the new He-Man
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar
    If MAA die in the Second Ultimate Battle Ground, what Time period comes after that ?

Is there a timeline somewhere ?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    I dont like the last BIOS and IMO all be an alternate MOTUverse.

In my canon:

- Snake MAA will get a cure from Granymir and he will die training the new Masters
    - Teela will leave his Sorceress role and marries Adam, becoming Queen of Eternia
    - A new Sorceress will be chosen
    - Dare, son of Adam and Teela will become the new He-Man
    As a huge Peekablue fan, i think she would make a terrific Sorceress, she is psychic already plus bird inspired. If she comes along to Eternia i could see her becoming Teelas chosen replacement.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit127 View Post
    If MAA die in the Second Ultimate Battle Ground, what Time period comes after that ?

Is there a timeline somewhere ?
    Irian's done a phenomenal job of creating a timeline to help us out. You can find it here.

EDIT: Ah, I see he posted the link himself, LOL!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar
    Awesome, thank you very much!

He-man & She-Ra
    Randor & Keldor
    He-Ro & Horde Prime

I think Scott has taken the sibling connection a little too far with the last one. Not everyone has to be related to make things interesting.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Well, I definitely dig these bios. And I think I may be looking forward to smaa now that I see final shots of the figure...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    He-Ro & Horde Prime
    huh? Where did this come from?

They are not related

And Scott hand nothing to do with Heman and shera or Randor and Keldor being related
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I don't like the bio but I'm getting two SMAA to display loose ... one to put a spare mustache head on as a proxy in my display for 200x Duncan. Now all we need is a helmetless MAA head, with ponytail.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199