Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ted movie discussion

Ted movie discussion

So what do you guys think?

I think the premise is funny, and the movie looks like it could be too, except for the fact that this premise is the basis of EVERYTHING Seth McF succeeded with, and though I still watch Family Guy and Cleveland, I don't enjoy them much. I'm pretty tired of Seth's humour. not that he doesn't deliver here and there with some gems, but his formula of a character that isn't supposed to talk, interact as a human with humans (incl sexual situations) and no one seems to question it.

I didn't laugh at the trailer once, but like with Family guy and Cleveland, I didn't hate it. for me his stuff is like candy, sometimes you want a little taste but I get tired of it very quickly.

so thats my negative slant thus far how about you?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    That there is a comic strip that almost the same that was done some years before they started making it. This doesn't suprise me at all since the family guy creater has been a rip off artist since his first series to begin with. Seth McF and his shows are not funny so no, I will not see this movie.

It's good to see Teddy from AI: Artificial Intelligence is still getting work. Super toys really do last all summer long!

HD figures on youtube
    Not a fan of Family Guy at all, and this looks just like the same kind of teenage humor, so I'll pass.

looks like fun
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    This doesn't suprise me at all since the family guy creater has been a rip off artist since his first series to begin with.
    Examples please.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I love the thunder song. But you need to see the red band trailer for this thing.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Examples please.
    I always thought Family guy was a crass version of Wait Til Your Father Gets Home. with tweaks of course. Esp since as I just said in another thread Meg looks like the daughter and mother from that show.

Last edited by krosfyah; June 19, 2012 at 08:58am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    I'd say Meg looks more like the mom (the daughter looks like more like Velma from Scooby Doo).

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    If my 10 year old son didn't bring this movie to my attention and his desire to see it, I probably would have thought this was funny. But not so much anymore. He's too young for this smut, I must be getting old.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I love the thunder song. But you need to see the red band trailer for this thing.
    Exactly! That trailer is funny as hell!

Heroic Warrior
    Just now seeing this thread.

Saw the trailer the other night.

Looks like it could be funny.

Saw the red band trailer last night, seemed just like the regular trailer but with swear words and more sexual stuff. Again it MIGHT be funny but my biggest concern/problem is this formula seems to be all McF can do. It's essentially a live action Family guy isn't it? (as the trailer goes)

I don't think I'll see this in the theatres. But I'm not averse to seeing it. going to wait and see the consensus amongst you guys.

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Pass-a-dena. McFarlane is a hack who needs to go back to working BEHIND the scenes as opposed to clogging them with convoluted garbage and seeing what sticks. Also the concept reminds me of a less funny Greg the Bunny which strangely Seth Green created...

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Saw the red band trailer last night, seemed just like the regular trailer but with swear words and more sexual stuff. Again it MIGHT be funny but my biggest concern/problem is this formula seems to be all McF can do. It's essentially a live action Family guy isn't it? (as the trailer goes)

I don't think I'll see this in the theatres. But I'm not averse to seeing it. going to wait and see the consensus amongst you guys.
    Just worry if you like it some of these people are living in like 1950's sense of style and will never leave that state...It's funny though just because he created Family Guy alot of people are making these stupid comparisons to it.....Just because they hate FG...I'll be opened minded and give it a chance...

A lonely kid, John, wishes for his talking teddy bear to come to life. They promise to stay best friends forever. It's a typical children's movie about a kid and his teddy bear gone horribly wrong. The news of Teddy being able to talk goes nationwide and he's accepted as normal, sort of a child celebrity. It's cute til John is an adult and still living with Ted and his girlfriend of 4 years.

The movie is really funny, racist, sexist, offensive, and just really fun overall. It's a nice dig at pop culture, Kevin Smith style, but through the mind of Seth McFarlene. There's also some nice cameos and appearances by other big names I did not know were in the movie.

That being said, it might have tried too hard to tell a story. It's almost two hours and I'm not sure it needed that much time to be an obsurd and raunchy comedy. Still a very fun and creative movie and extremely well executed concept about a foul mouthed teddy bear.

Thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Just worry if you like it some of these people are living in like 1950's sense of style and will never leave that state...It's funny though just because he created Family Guy alot of people are making these stupid comparisons to it.....Just because they hate FG...I'll be opened minded and give it a chance...
    Yeah I'm definitely not a prude, but I HATE offensive for shock value comedy. if it's clever and offensive great, but shock comedy isn't my thing because the shock wears off and grows old very quickly.. so a Teddy Bear having sex or swearing etc isn't comedy to me it's just lame attempts at such. (mind you I am NOT saying that's what this movie IS all about just explaining what I'm not into.)

SCB your review makes me interested and not interested at the same time

Fear is faith in failure

Honestly, I hate comedies that solely rely on sex jokes. That is why I cannot stand any Seth Rogen movie, and the majority of the Scary Movies type series. Outside of Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz), no one has been able to do comedies since Mel Brooks.

I'm not big of Family Guy, but I used to love American Dad until last year, so I am half and half on it, but after the last several months of garbage, I don't think this can do any worse, and it might end up being fun in the long run.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Some if not most of the scenes with the bear are brilliant. I'd only see this if you want to have a good time.

Heroic Warrior
    Or it's because he's a complete hack that can't create his way out of a paper bag? McFarlane did his best work BEHIND the scenes not at the head of them. Sometimes people dislike things because they are truly GARBAGE instead of being about a personal agenda. For the record, McFarlane was much more creative at the beginning of the run and I sometimes wonder if he's not intentionally writing crap as he's stated numerous times FG should die already.

Heroic Warrior
    My 13 year old little sister and surprisingly my mom (even though my mom's not a Family Guy fan) want to see this.

The only reason why I would see this is because Mila Kunis is in it.

This movie was hysterical. Yes, it does go on for too long, as it should have been 20 minutes shorter, but most of the jokes were great.

I don't think Seth McFarlane has been funny in years. Family Guy before the hiatus was mostly funny, but since it's come back, & all of the spin-off (other) shows have come on, I can't stand anything he makes anymore, it's all very "played" & half the quality & coherency it should be. I wish his reign on Fox would end, & we could have some other animation programming geared for adults take his place. I'm really tired of his stuff, haven't watched it in years & have 0 interest in this movie.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I saw it too and it was a riot!!! And I really don't like Family Guy but I was big enough to seperate the movie & Family Guy and in doing that I got it....And also unless your in your last thirties or later your not going to get the jokes etc. It's a good one!

I saw it too and it was a riot!!! And I really don't like Family Guy but I was big enough to seperate the movie & Family Guy and in doing that I got it....And also unless your in your last thirties or later your not going to get the jokes etc. It's a good one!
    I'm only 30 and I got all of the jokes. Hell, one of my friends is 26 and he got all of the jokes too.