Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emiliano's MOTUC Visions: Rotar & Twistoid

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

Emiliano's MOTUC Visions: Rotar & Twistoid

I checked with Emiliano about posting his awesome new Visions for Rotar and Twistoid, and so here they are! Let's hope the Four Horsemen draw inspiration from these amazing design concepts!

Emiliano: My idea for a MOTUC Rotar figure.
    Includes all the vintage accessories and detachable alternate legs,while keeping new tooling at minimum.

How the figure is built and how it works:

Emiliano: "And following Rotar, my idea for a MOTUC Twistoid figure.
    Includes all the vintage accessories and detachable alternate legs,
    Twistoids would require more new tooling, but the new parts could be efficiently reused on Artilla, Multi-Bot and maybe others."

How he works:

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Twistoid with legs looks great, Rotar with legs looks a bit ridiculous- I feel like I'm catching him rolling out of bed in his undies. It doesn't look right at all to me... maybe if he had colored tights like Mekaneck or Man-At-Arms? I say this because he's so top-heavy in the armor department that he totally looks half-dressed with flesh colored legs. That aside, they look pretty amazing. I especially like the weapons and the idea of getting an actual working pedestal for their legless top versions- I always had my Rotar and Twistoid figures just pretty much lying down all the time as there was no good way to stand 'em up. Here's hoping for a two-pack done in this fashion!
    Last edited by zodak74; May 9, 2012 at 04:46pm.

OOOO!!! I would SOOO buy that if Mattel used that as the design for Rotar & Twistoid's MOTUC figures.

Where did he post these images at??
    I would love to take a look if he has a site with even more pictures like this.

I saw these on Facebook and I love, love, love them! I have never been excited about these characters appearing in MOTUC until now. I think this would be awesome.

Best way for these figures to be in the line.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Saw this on FB and I think its a fantastic idea!! Actually makes me want to have a Rotar Fig!
    I couldn't resist to see what the legs would look like in different colours though.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    amazing work: i'd love to see them with detachable lower parts.

the overall looking of twistoid is great; sharing parts with multi-bot and/or weaponstronic (artilla) is a
    very clever idea.

i agree with zodak74 and iceman: rotar would be better (imho) with colored thights...he could also share armored
    thighs with trap jaw/man-e-faces or even dragstor.
    maybe the armor could be managed the way as twistoid in the abdomen: a larger belt attached to the spinning part, but
    looking esactly like the covered part...just beefier.
    he could also use share a larger torso with ram-man...
    btw, i like the sy-klone boots: a distinctive trait for spinners!

the attachments connected to the pedestal is another great idea.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; May 9, 2012 at 05:46pm.

Evil Master of curiosity Tataran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Saw this on FB and I think its a fantastic idea!! Actually makes me want to have a Rotar Fig!
    I couldn't resist to see what the legs would look like in different colours though.
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../EM_Rotars.jpg
    Hmmmm, oICEMANo, I agree!
    Really he looks better wearing pants. In fact, also like Zodak74 said:
    "Rotar with legs looks a bit ridiculous"

Another excellent thing about making these guys with lower bodies is they could use these new areas to make other needed parts that could be used for other figures.
    I can think of a few MOTU an New Adventures figures that would use the Twistiod legs VERY easily.
    Last edited by Replikor; May 9, 2012 at 06:35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../EM_Rotars.jpg
    The red legs look great!!! Also helps set him apart from Mekaneck and Sy-Klone

I love these ideas & totally agree with this vision. I was not excited about MOTUC Rotar & Twistoid (who my brother's & I had as kids) at all until I saw this presentation of "Tops to Men"....ingenious!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I do like the red legs better. With the white loin piece, it looks a bit diaper-ish next to the bare thighs.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    These are truly sweet looking concepts.

I hope these get produced & look something close these sketches.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Thanks for posting these here, Penny Dreadful!

Excellent execution as always, Emiliano! I have to say, though, I really have no desire to have lower halves for these guys, so I'd be happy to sacrifice them altogether for extra tooling for their accessories.

In a perfect world, sure, but I know that all that stuff is going to cost us in the end .

I like the red legs best.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

i love them but I think the legs are a waste. giving them legs takes away from what the characters are, and if it's for storyline purposes, it's just a waste of the story imo. nice concept but the legs are so unnecessary, esp since for me they'd NEVER be used. that's a half a figure going to waste!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

WOW these look so sweet! I'd be so happy if we got them like that in MOTUC and would probably use the legs over the spin tops. Great idea to reuse parts on Artilla and Multi-Bot.
    This could be Emil's best MOTUC Vision yet!

Thanks for posting PD, has Emil stopped posting here again now?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    just because he "looks better" wearing pants doesn't really mean he should. personally, the goofiness of the no pants looks by far the most MOTU, and for me, channeling everything that reminds me of MOTU is the goal.

so I vote no pants.....

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    If they come with legs, I plan to display mine without legs (oldschool!) but I think it's cool for those who want the leg option.

For those who don't care for the "pre-amputation" Rotar legs, I wonder if robotic legs for Rotar would work too. Maybe Man-At-Arms eventually built him robotic legs. The way I figure it though, Rotar was on death's door after the accident and Man-At-Arms had no choice but to put him in the Gyro machine. This permanently fused Rotar to the spinning iron cone, but it saved his life.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Thanks, Penny for posting these Emiliano's work. They are just great. I saw these very first time since I don't or not gonna have account in Facebook. Emiliano, once again your design for these character is truely great.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Oh, it's wonderful that he's still doing these! Time to add it to the MOTUC Index!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

That's awesome! Never had these two (nor even saw them in person) so they'd be like getting brand new guys no matter what. Personally I love the idea of giving them legs. Twistoid looks the best! Certainly a perfect idea to reuse the legs and arms for Multi-Bot and Artilla. Only thing, of course, is that these might have to be at a higher price point with all the parts.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

These are simply fantastic. i never really cared for these 2 figures. But when there is passion behind something....it shows. I want these so much now. But Mattel will find a way to mess these guys up too just like the Sorceress wings. Very well done Emiliano.

Emiliano I love you!! This is an awesome idea. Mattel take note, I never liked these guys but the idea of them having legs and being interchangeable is genius. I love both of them. I do prefer Rotar with nude legs. Let's hope this is the direction they will take when they get around to these guys.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Yeah, thats what I want to have! Rotar & Twistoid with legs. I would not hesitate to add them to my MOTUC collection if they got attachable legs.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor