View Poll Results: Which would you rather have for MOTUC 2013?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Dramatic" Price Increase

47 66.20%
  • Fewer paint apps/accessories (like 2012)

24 33.80%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dramatic Price Increase or Fewer Paint Apps/Accessories Like 2012?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Dramatic Price Increase or Fewer Paint Apps/Accessories Like 2012?

So, we all know Mattel made the hard choice for us and they're going with a "dramatic" price increase. IF Mattel gave us the choice, would you choose a "dramatic" price increase for items in 2013 OR would you choose fewer paint apps (like loosing the metallic silver details on Horde Prime or metallic blue details on Stinkor's weapons) and fewer accessories (Draego-Man lost: regular sword, flame whip and shield. Mighty Spector lost his whip, Horde Prime lost his staff)?

IF you choose the fewer paint apps/accessories for 2013, the line would be handled like it was in 2012 (paint and accessory-wise).

Here's the quote from Toyguru regarding the "dramatic" price increase in 2013:

Toyguru: The Horsemen tend to "overdeco" figures. Every figure in 2012 is delivering $22.00 worth of paint apps. In 2013 we are dramatically raising prices so we can afford more paint and accessories. If we wanted to deliver all the figures exactly as the 4HM painted the protos we would need to charge more and we already sold in the sub for 2012, so that is not an option. Legally we can't raise prices on the sub after it is sold in. This is why we will start 2013 at higher prices.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...657#5751053657
    Last edited by Darkspecter; May 11, 2012 at 10:47pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I would go with fewer paint apps and cutting accessories. Half of those are going in a box anyway.

And on the bright side, less paint apps also means less chances to mess up the figures ... that's a win in the QC department
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    If motuc continues on being everything we love & more then I'll accept the price increase.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Dramatic Price Increase.

Fewer paint apps/accessories (like 2012). I'm a MOCer anyways.

Dramatic price increase.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

They are only increasing prices to maintain the profit margin. If there is a price increase, nothing is going to go into material costs as that would mean less profits.

While my collection is small and I already have extra parts that I have no use for, I would rather pay a little more and not miss out on Draego's shield/whip, Horde Prime's Staff........those aren't "extra" to me...they're essential. So I voted price increase.

Re: Why does it have to be "dramatic" price increase? :hmconf: The increase is hardl

Why does it have to be "dramatic" price increase?

It seems someone is trying to influence the poll IMO.

My vote goes to the "reasonable" price increase due to the increased manufacturing costs.

Price Increase. I want all the sculpted accessories and better paint appts

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Why does it have to be "dramatic" price increase?

It seems someone is trying to influence the poll IMO.

My vote goes to the "reasonable" price increase due to the increased manufacturing costs.
    Dramatic price increase is straight from Toyguru's mouth...or fingers:

Toyguru: The Horsemen tend to "overdeco" figures. Every figure in 2012 is delivering $22.00 worth of paint apps. In 2013 we are dramatically raising prices so we can afford more paint and accessories. If we wanted to deliver all the figures exactly as the 4HM painted the protos we would need to charge more and we already sold in the sub for 2012, so that is not an option. Legally we can't raise prices on the sub after it is sold in. This is why we will start 2013 at higher prices.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...657#5751053657

I did not try to sway this thread or poll in any way. I really should have put this quote in my opening post [EDIT: just put it there for future voters). I hope people didn't vote for the price increase just because they thought this poll was being "swayed" or something. I just genuinely want to know how everyone weighs in on this.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; May 11, 2012 at 10:47pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Why does a 3 year old toy line need either? How about better character selection, better paint apps, and NOT skipping on accessories? This line is already a well oiled cost-saving machine. Mattel is not the biggest toy company in the world because its expensive to make their little pieces of plastic.

You can't keep loyal customers by jacking prices and giving them less. You might keep the 'die hards' but you're going to alienate many collectors.

Neither of these suggestions spells success.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; May 14, 2012 at 01:22am.

I picked Dramatic Price Increase because I want more, even if it's just a few accessories, but also because there's too much room for potential abuse if the other option won. Mattel could go above and beyond what they would normally cut out, to make an even greater profit, and if anyone complained all they would have to do is play the: "this is what you folks chose!" blame game. I don't want excuses.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'd go for price increase if I thought it might actually lead to better QC and paint apps, etc. But then that begs the question, where's all our hard earned dollars being going all these years in the first place?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

ill buy them no matter what. but id much rather have full awesome, no matter the price, than save money and get a lesser figure.

I'm commited to the line. Keep the quality up, the choice, and the price, if need be.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    If "Dramatic Price Increase" = more paint apps/accessories then hell yes!!

Although I'll say it again: Quality MOTUC figures cannot always be made as often as money can. Gotta cherish and enjoy it while we can. I'm in it til the end.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Dramatic price increase will end the line. The economy hasn't got any better and most of us have familys and can't afford the price increase.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Well, this poll seems to say that—for the majority that have responded—TG made the right call. Interesting, I really had no idea how this'd go when it first started.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Well, this poll seems to say that—for the majority that have responded—TG made the right call. Interesting, I really had no idea how this'd go when it first started.
    I'm quite surprised, I have to say. I foresee Toyguru pointing to this thread at SDCC if everyone freaks out that the dramatically increased prices are too high:

"We listened to the fans folks, you wanted this!"

Price ibcrease. but i have my limits to what i will pay. from how it reads its the sub price thats forcing them to scale back. it seems as though the bulk of the figures are from sub sales and i am hoping that the price increase being dramatic is based on that number. as i said a 25% jump is dramatic but on top of $20 it doeant hurt that bad.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I'd rather have less figures and a price increase
    It would be a better compromise as overall a sub would cost the same or less, but Mattel would make more money per figure!

Do we really need 4 variants and 4 large scale beasts/packs? We could drop them or half them or even have 10 monthly figures running from February to November
    Then have a beast in December and a variant in January
    That way the beast is like a Christmas gift almost, but more inportantly those who don't want a varuant or beast have a holiday break for their finances, yet Mattel could get 10months of say $30 figures! Hell the sub could even be changed to monthly figures only with an add-on for the rest

Basically I don't think either option is right for the health of the line and will turn people away due to either poorer quality, or higher price
    The middle road is best overall

Heroic Warrior
    I don't want to vote on this, since both "solutions" proposed represent a negative point. Price increase, or fewer paint apps ? It's a lose-lose situation, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm quite surprised, I have to say. I foresee Toyguru pointing to this thread at SDCC if everyone freaks out that the dramatically increased prices are too high:

"We listened to the fans folks, you wanted this!"
    If he acknowledges the results from this poll as what the fans want, then he also has to acknowledge the 'most hated MOTU figure ever' poll
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    If motuc continues on being everything we love & more then I'll accept the price increase.
    Like Button needed.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

think by now they could afford more paint apps and keep prices the same.