Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Mighty Spector Video Review by Pixel Dan

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Yeah, this is how he feels to me and I'm down with that. I wish he had had visuals more like an earlier vintage MOTU. But the NA connection works for me. I'm beating my own dead horse here, but I still wish he had a more MOTU gimmicky name.

Still like the yellow and purple though. Gold and purple is my favorite color scheme.

One thing, though. While watching the video, the following caught my attention.

Attachment 75985
    I guess Spector likes to time-travel to San Fernando.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the review.

I like The Mighty Spector. I've got anniversary subs so he's heading my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    What, no picture of him next to Deadpool?
    I thought that to. But I did like how he was standing with the Scott figures.

Attachment 75985
    No. It spells Zex. Which is the Eternian word for sex. The word "sex" does not exist in any way shape or form in the Eternian language.

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    I read the symbols but did not think anything of it, but now that you point it out nice catch. What sort of mind reads it like that however?
    I work in comics, good sir. I colored most of the infamous New X-Men story where Ethan hid "sex" into a bunch of pages. My mind was always scanning for that sort of thing thereafter.

These days, comic book editors are constantly on the lookout for stuff like this, and I've had to fix a number of things where artists have tried to hide stuff in art. Sneaking stuff into comics for major publishers can be risky business. From what I understand, Disney seems especially cautious of it. And since they own Marvel, well... there ya go.

Oh lord. The Mighty Spector is what's going to kill MOTUC after all... "S E X" scandal!!!

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    The name is the only thing I don't really like - Tend to call mine "Temporal-Man"... Cheesy as hell I know, yet appropriate for the universe in which he finds himself!
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Is Mattel watching the line?

Reminds me of the Disney Lion King sneak in.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    The wrist device is actually nicely detailed there. Totally reminds me of the Predator self destruct wrist device which I'm sure most people wish it really was for Spector...

But not me. I think he looks pretty awesome. Great color scheme, great accessories. Wish we got them all though. I'm still gonna continue to cry for those weapons that got cut to make it out eventually via "deluxe weapons pak" or something.

Dan was all business in this review. No reference to the April Fool's episode and not even a Comparison Time™ with Deadpool. He did look pretty good amongst the super heroes and X-Men though. I agree that he fits best in the MOTUniverse within the NA-style aspect of it.

Now I'm off to go read the youtube comments, see if there's any entertainment in there.
    Last edited by Count Marzo; May 13, 2012 at 05:43pm.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I see TMS as a S.O.H (son of he-man) character more than N.A ,I think he is from that period (in fact he works for king he-man).
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Hmm, I'm not taken back or really excited by Spector, or is it gonna be Sextor now? man Scott can't get a break, geez. Actually kind of plain to me. However based on its own merit there are a few nice details thrown in, overall nice solid figure imo. Looking forward to having him in hand, thats when I can truly make up my mind on him. Havin zero nostalgia always works against even the best figures like Draego for me, I wasn't sold on even him till he was in hand.. As others have mentioned Spector does seem a bit more NA... I have a 30th sub so he's on his way regardless. Sub or not though, I would definately have picked one up on sale day.. I'll display him just like all the rest, PROUDLY!!

Thanks Dan. As always, a great review.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Yeah, this is how he feels to me and I'm down with that. I wish he had had visuals more like an earlier vintage MOTU. But the NA connection works for me. I'm beating my own dead horse here, but I still wish he had a more MOTU gimmicky name.

Still like the yellow and purple though. Gold and purple is my favorite color scheme.

Attachment 75985
    Someone just got done watching The Lion King.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Maybe the letters on his wrist device are a tribute to the great Pepsi Cool Cans of 1990.

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Good work, Dan..

Sector rocks. I'm really quite excited about getting him so soon! I don't buy the whole "he doesn't fit in" mentality. In fact, In My Canon, he travels the Multiverse negating everyone else's.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I cant understand why TMS include 2 cosmic keys instead of just plugging the energy blade into the cosmic key. More plastic wasted, more paint apps wasted...

In one figures they cut too much costs, in other they loose their shirts.

I didnt liked Sir Laser Lot at first, but now I love it.

Im trying to love Spector but I cant. He and Dekker, the only 2 MOTU characters I dislike.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Oh man...a sex scandal is the last thing The Mighty Spector needed! He might just Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian his way to the front of MOTU!

Just joking. I like him fine. He is more DC or Marvel looking, but I think he's okay. I REALLY wish he had a clip-on "screaming skull" from Tri-Klop's ring to put on his harness. If he's working for King He-Man, it only makes sense to have the symbol of Grayskull (which they're all working to protect, to protect the universe...right?). I hope someone makes one. That would be pretty darn awesome!

Hope I find a cheap extra or two for customizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    He and Dekker, the only 2 MOTU characters I dislike.
    You don't like Dekker?! What's wrong with Dekker? I really liked him in MYP. The only thing I did not like was that it took over a character Filmation already introduced in the same role.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

the name does stink. but what if when he travels in time, he only appears as an intangible, translucent being?
    somebody mentioned the original Cosmic Key was a security risk; if the traveler wasn't able to physically interact with actions, that'd be yet another added level of control over time manipulation. thus "Spector" would be a lot more appropriate.

and how might Spector look with Grizzlor's top armor instead of the spade/Cyclops/Deadpool thing?
    Last edited by guardianmonkey; May 13, 2012 at 06:50pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Maybe the letters on his wrist device are a tribute to the great Pepsi Cool Cans of 1990.

http://www.subliminalmessages.com/im...dot%20ComE.jpg
    I forgot all about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    I cant understand why TMS include 2 cosmic keys instead of just plugging the energy blade into the cosmic key. More plastic wasted, more paint apps wasted...

In one figures they cut too much costs, in other they loose their shirts.

Scott has already long ago said that the cosmic key was planned that way, but it making the small cosmic key work as a plug made it too weak.

Overall Spector seems like a pretty low-tool figure, he's almost entirely reused besides his head hand and accessories.

I guess we'll see on the 15th if sex sells.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I guess we'll see on the 15th if sex sells.
    It's a subliminal message! Those were banned because they worked. It's like the naked lady in the ice cube for a print, beer ad. Sales went through the roof!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Eh, I don't know what all the fuss is about. I like him. When we finally have a NA He-Man, this guy will look pretty awesome standing behind him as some kind of futuristic Secret Service agent or something. I just hope they don't sell out before I find out about this job I'm going after. I'd like to pick up at least one more since the basic-ness (Yay! I just made up a word!) kind of works for him. I can use the extra buck for dress-up with some of my extra accessories (new character time!) and remove the spade (the only part I really don't like) from the extra harness and put the symbol of Grayskull on it, giving my display figure an alternate harness without ruining his regular one.

I work in comics, good sir. I colored most of the infamous New X-Men story where Ethan hid "sex" into a bunch of pages. My mind was always scanning for that sort of thing thereafter.

These days, comic book editors are constantly on the lookout for stuff like this, and I've had to fix a number of things where artists have tried to hide stuff in art. Sneaking stuff into comics for major publishers can be risky business. From what I understand, Disney seems especially cautious of it. And since they own Marvel, well... there ya go.
    Yeah, I have read how Disney is going their movies frame by frame to avoid adult stuff that presumably can be found in movies like Roger Rabbit (in early versions). I presume this is joke by the Horsemen?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    It's a subliminal message! Those were banned because they worked. It's like the naked lady in the ice cube for a print, beer ad. Sales went through the roof!
    It's all making sense. The message, the "suit" and...

So his biggest weakness is running out of ammo while on a mission. If he has no pellets he can’t use his weapons or open a time tunnel.
    I am done. Dead. Deceased.

I don't mind it all that much. I like the fact that he's tied in with the cosmic key. Regardless, if you didn't purchase the 30th sub you don't have to worry about it.