Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stinkor SOLD OUT!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    So much for the protest.
    you can't draw any real conclusions.

/draws real conclusions

Sold out?!...they must have held back extra CS stock on this figure.
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    How so?

We've been told there will be no reissues since last year when they were trying to drive subscription sales.

How, exactly is this weird?
    Sorry but I've been out of the MOTUC collecting group for quite awhile and am just getting back in the game. I've known of nothing BUT Matty putting out reissues, so now hearing they won't be anymore is "weird" to me.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Too bad the forearm blunder took a nearly perfect figure and made it good.

Before the forearm blunder I was a little disappointed that we didn't get the hoses to connect his mask and tanks. Also, I would have appreciated it if he came with an MYP styled removable belt like we got with Fisto.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    So much for the protest.
    There was a protest? I dont think people received the memo.

Court Magician
    Ugh! I woke up at 2am only to realize I'd screwed up on my time conversion (I was tired!) and missed it by an hour! I had to get him on ebay, and then I couldn't fall back asleep. This was not a fun toy-buying experience! ㅠㅠ

I forgot it was a MOTUC day (I was busy to ..well living my life). At least I got Slush Head

Availability of this line S.U.C.K.S!

*again adding a new one to my want list:
    -Clawful
    -Fisto
    -Stinkor
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

I had to laugh when I read this thread title. I would never eagerly buy a stinky toy. Y'all are straaaaange!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I had to laugh when I read this thread title. I would never eagerly buy a stinky toy. Y'all are straaaaange!
    A POP only fan? Now that's strange!

In the fan handbook it says that in order to qualify as a vintage MOTU fan you must at least appreciate Stinkor. I'm sorry, it's just the rules!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    I forgot it was a MOTUC day (I was busy to ..well living my life)
    See what happens when you live your life? Nothing but grief! Time to get your priorities straight, Tuukka-looka.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Yep, 45 minutes of availability on a site that sometimes almost works. There's a plan to grow and expand the customer base...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    See what happens when you live your life? Nothing but grief! Time to get your priorities straight, Tuukka-looka.
    Tell me about it, it sucks. I need to get my prioritys right... right?
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

A POP only fan? Now that's strange!

In the fan handbook it says that in order to qualify as a vintage MOTU fan you must at least appreciate Stinkor. I'm sorry, it's just the rules!
    No, you're right. I....I don't know what's wrong with me! Maybe someday, I'll get the help I need. And until then...I'll just be an outsider.

Due to the reversed forearms I think Matty pulled him early to save face and he will show up in Mad Matty packs. Oh wait, that excuse doesn't work on characters that were in the vintage line

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Due to the reversed forearms I think Matty pulled him early to save face and he will show up in Mad Matty packs. Oh wait, that excuse doesn't work on characters that were in the vintage line
    If Mattel had wanted to save face they would have an adequate review process in place by now to insure these sorts of mix ups don't occur. They also wouldn't have a cartoon mascot with a bulbous head to interact with buyers of collectible toy lines targeted towards adult collectors.

Stinkor sold out fast because he is a fan favorite character, the Four Horsemen did an incredible job, and everyone knows Mattel will never issue a corrected version.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    If Mattel had wanted to save face they would have an adequate review process in place by now to insure these sorts of mix ups don't occur. They also wouldn't have a cartoon mascot with a bulbous head to interact with buyers of collectible toy lines targeted towards adult collectors.

Stinkor sold out fast because he is a fan favorite character, the Four Horsemen did an incredible job, and everyone knows Mattel will never issue a corrected version.
    My post was dripping with sarcasm. In this thread there was talk of a boycott that was supposed to have happened in regards to the reversed forearms, there are people in the Spector thread saying he was pulled and didnt legitemetely sell out. I was being completely sarcastic in my above post

Yes, I know. I didn't miss the obvious sarcasm.

not sure if this was mentioned above, but stinkor forearms were probably NOT a mistake. got mine and the plastic molding fits the fins perfectly. probably not something they can change at the last minute.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes it is a mistake. Intentional or not but it's still is a mistake.

You could swap any figure's feet and they'd still fit perfectly in the wrong leg. Would that be considered correct?

Quote Originally Posted by nuno View Post

You could swap any figure's feet and they'd still fit perfectly in the wrong leg. Would that be considered correct?
    If they "pop" then the answer is yes.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by nuno View Post

that's not what i'm saying. the plastic molding that the figure is pushed into - as part of the packaging - fits the inward fins. if the fins were normal, then they wouldn't fit in this molding.

Heroic Warrior
    It may be that the plastic mold is done during the packaging process, after the production samples are assembled. I really can't say if that's the way it goes, but I don't think that proofs anything. Though I get your point.

If the reversing of the forearms was done on purpose, then I have to say that the mistake was done way before the production fase.