Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stinkor SOLD OUT!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Awesome!

Does anyone know if it's been mentioned whether the SM stands will be available year round like the CG stands?
    With only 4 people buying them? Yes, they should be around all year, and next year, and the year after that.

Seriously though, I expect them to be like the Grayskull ones and only have a limited number made to sell out, and then they will rerelease them next year.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Awesome!

Does anyone know if it's been mentioned whether the SM stands will be available year round like the CG stands?
    I HOPE SO, but havent heard. I want to grab a set when I order King Kong Bundy next week.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    With only 4 people buying them? Yes, they should be around all year, and next year, and the year after that.

Seriously though, I expect them to be like the Grayskull ones and only have a limited number made to sell out, and then they will rerelease them next year.
    Not too sure about four ppl, i bought three...

Sounds like a fair call. Time will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    I HOPE SO, but havent heard. I want to grab a set when I order King Kong Bundy next week.
    I hope so too, i want some to customise. They'll probably still be around then NN, unless Mattel takes 'em off.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I just placed my order, and I passed on Stinkor. I'll get him later when his arms are fixed, or maybe not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    So much for the protest.
    My thoughts exactly...
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    I just placed my order, and I passed on Stinkor. I'll get him later when his arms are fixed, or maybe not at all.
    His arms will never be fixed. If they cared about fixing mixed up joints, Roboto and Hsss would have been fixed. If we want a fixed Stinkor, he would have to take up another character's slot in the monthly subs.

Personally, I think they should use next year's quarterly variants for corrected Roboto, Hsss, Stinkor, and Snout Spout if they are going to play this "defects happen" game.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Cool! Guess the forearms issue didn't bother quite a few people. Glad I nabbed an extra one for my brother now.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Heroic Warrior
    "I'll get him later when his arms are fixed, or maybe not at all."

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. I got an extra one, as I loved the vintage character, but passed on an extra Slush-Head even though I very distinctly remember having him as a kid. Maybe I'll watch Pixel Dan's video and that will change my mind. lol
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

interesting note...

If you clear your cookies an refresh the window then search for stinkor, he no longer is even listed on the site at all...
    When you search on Matty for Stinkor you get this...

No results were found for: stinkor
    Please try searching for another key word.

...lets pray alot of us wont get packages with a missing stinkor from our orders now due to the entire site listing for Stinkor having been removed in the middle of sale day....

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I couldn't get out of my meeting in time to make the noon order time. Got Slush Head from Matty, ordered Stinkor from BBTS. Passing on Spector.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I knew he'd be sold out by the time I got home today. At least I get the consolation of knowing that I never had the smallest chance no matter how long it got me to get back, he was already gone before the car started for the way back. It would be even worse to know that I missed him by mere minutes or seconds.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    His arms will never be fixed. If they cared about fixing mixed up joints, Roboto and Hsss would have been fixed. If we want a fixed Stinkor, he would have to take up another character's slot in the monthly subs.

Personally, I think they should use next year's quarterly variants for corrected Roboto, Hsss, Stinkor, and Snout Spout if they are going to play this "defects happen" game.
    I think it's stupid to even say it would take up a slot to correct a problem they let slip through, and one they caused themselves. It's stupid because when they did second runs, they didn't take up slots, and they "corrected" He-Man & Skeletor for their second runs. So the problem now is?
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Scott said in an answer that when the stands are gone they won't be coming back (no re-issues bla bla). if there are enough to last to the end of the year, he didn't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    Scott said in an answer that when the stands are gone they won't be coming back (no re-issues bla bla). if there are enough to last to the end of the year, he didn't say.
    so basically they will bomb today... an wont sell till they have no choice but sell them in a mass year end blowout sell.

As frankly.. they are SERIOUSLY fugly.... an I personally wont even consider buying any of these till they are at LEAST $12 or less...

Yay for Stinky selling out so quickly! Bring on Spikor!!!
    Last edited by ksensor; May 15, 2012 at 03:36pm.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I couldn't get out of my meeting in time to make the noon order time. Got Slush Head from Matty, ordered Stinkor from BBTS. Passing on Spector.
    At least you got him from BBTS BC. Sucks Matty sold out of him so quickly. I knew he would go fast today, but not 30 MIN fast
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

30 mins will be a long time when Spikor sale day arrives!

At least you got him from BBTS BC. Sucks Matty sold out of him so quickly. I knew he would go fast today, but not 30 MIN fast
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Eh, such is life. It's the chance I took when I eschewed the subscription, so I'm certainly not complaining.

It would make me far happier, however, if we were getting Stinkor with the proper forearms.
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Damn, didnīt get home on time. Even tho they donīt reissue him, maybe theyīll put on sale remaining stock or mad matty or something

wow! that was quick. what was the total time?
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Why do I keep seeing comments about Matty not reissuing things, have they stopped doing reissues now?

Quote Originally Posted by Robogeek1973 View Post
    Why do I keep seeing comments about Matty not reissuing things, have they stopped doing reissues now?
    That's what they are saying.

Australian MOTU Fanatic! Aussie Stinkor's Avatar
    Got up at 2am and ordered an extra two in addition to my sub! Fav motu fig - ofcourse i have to get a few more
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    That's what they are saying.
    Ah ok, weird,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Robogeek1973 View Post
    Ah ok, weird,lol.
    How so?

We've been told there will be no reissues since last year when they were trying to drive subscription sales.

How, exactly is this weird?