Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (5/15/2012)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (5/15/2012)

Hordak.de

1. So, Man-At-Arms is now permanently transformed into a Snake Man, loyal to King Hissss, so they could use his knowledge to build machines and vehicles. But, wouldn't that also mean they know about Adam's secret?

It certainly is a possibility. This storyline told in "toy form" is what would have happened in the 200X series had it continues with SMAA becoming a new major villain!

2. Do you plan on letting the 30th anniversary figures appear in future bios again or will they rather be one shots with appearences in the current mini-comics?

If there is a reason for them to, they are all now full-fledged MOTU characters!

3. Some fans have been very loud about an updated version of the 2008 He-Man figure that could hold his sword aloft and with a more vintage accurate face/ maybe filmation head. As this figure wouldn't need much new tooling how are the chances for a He-Man 2.0 like you did with Bubble Power She-Ra? This alterations could also be made with Flying Fists or NA He-Man!

It is certainly something we could look into, but it wouldn't happen until we are (at min) sold out of stock of the current He-Man 1.0, so don't look for this for at least a few more years at the earliest since we produced a lot of He-Men for the 30th. We know there are some rumors of this for 2012, but we can confirm these are only rumors and were never announce by Mattel or planned for 2012. She-Ra 2.0 was needed to interact (sit on) Swiftwind, so there was a more compelling reason to revisit her. For now, 1.0 of He-Man will still be the standard for a few years at the least.

4. What are the chances of getting a set of two naked Vykron figures so we can display all three outfits without spending $90 for them? ;-)

None. We will not be doing this.

5. Can you give us only one little hint for the next Weapons Pak to keep us guessing, like: An accessory that was green before is now silver?

There is an accessory that is now blue.
    MOTULA.foroactivo.net

Is there any other product planned to be released out of 2012 sub besides WeaponsPack3 and Granamyr? Maybe some other diorama such as the WeaponsRack? (Zodac is tired of being standing , what about his chair?)

You will just need to wait and see!

Is "Son of Heman" going to be part of MOTUC canon? I'll take "keep reading the bios" as a yes.

We would love to get to this realm of the lore in time. But no plans to announce right now.

In neither of Evil-lyn's bios there is reference of her skin color. Will you explain this at some point? Or will it just stay as another variant pretty much like the blue Mer-Man of the mini comics?

Yes. This will be explained soon.

Regarding the Gar race: Are they originally from Eternia or from Infinita? Do they still inhabit Eternia while Randor is king?

Keep reading the bios!

draegon-man wings are awesome. Do you think this stunning piece will be used for other characters in the future?

Yes. They will be on Granamyr.
    Mintconditioncustom.com

Victor asks: How about if the MOTUC line include a series of pink variants (and other figures), and proceeds could be donated to Breast Cancer Research? Such variants could include Filmation colors Prince Adam, pink minicomics Sorceress and Teela, and pink SwiftWind.

A very cool idea but nothing like this is planned right now.
    preternia.com

Is there a reason Vykron’s space-man form does not have a black visor like the original prototype did?

Yes, A clear visor would have required an additional tool just for that piece (due to the clear plastic) and we could not afford more tooling and keep this at the 30.00 price point.

Will there be any Matty MOTUC reveals at Wizard World Philadelphia like there have been in the past?

No, we will not be at this show this year.

The first mini comic is great, especially seeing He-Man riding a dinosaur. There is a serious lack of dinosaurs in the MOTUC line, how do you hope to fix this problem?

By hopefully one day adding in more dinos! No plans yet but stay tuned!

Now that we have so many bio’s under our belts, are there any plans to possibly release a book collecting all the bio’s from start to finish (or volumes since obviously the bios/line aren’t done yet)?

That would be very cool. No plans right now but maybe one day.

I keep hearing rumors that the Four Horsemen will be taking a step back with MOTUC or that there are figures coming out that they did not do, is this true or just paranoid fan speculation?

This is not true.
    Infinite Holloywood

1. Most fans knew nothing about Vykron prior to his announcement. Obviously some of this stuff has come out in some of the recent books and projects about MOTU, but are there still "unknown" secret characters in MOTU that could find their way into the MOTUC line?

You never know what the future will bring!

2. Vykron looks at though he's going to be a figure that a good portion of fans will want three of. Is Mattel planning to up their number of SDCC exclusives so that there will be ample supply of him? Obviously you can't tell us specific numbers, but is the fact that this guy is someone collectors may want doubles of being factored in at all?

We will be doing slightly more Vyrkon's compared to previous SDCC items but fewer compared to subscription monthly figures.

3. The skin tone for the recent Thunder Punch He-Man seems drastically different than some of the previous incarnations of the figure. Was there a change in the chemicals used in his plastic, or was there a specific reason for the different skin tone?

This was a deliberate change by the Horsemen and design to make him different from previous releases.

4. Has Mattel considered running some sort of promotion with certain collector websites to create an exclusive color way of a figure? Say He-Man.org gets a red faced Skeletor and another site gets a orange faced Skeletor, etc. Similar to the way the Four Horsemen did special versions of their '7th Kingdom' figures. With the website buying a certain quantity of the figure and then being responsible for selling it themselves.

No. MOTUC will remain exclusive to Mattycollector.com.
    Kastor's Korner

The SDCC Vykron looks awesome! Since this figure is clearly made to invite at least three purchases by each MOTU collector, will his production run be larger than past exclusives to accommodate the likelihood of multi-figure purchases?

We will produce more compared to other past SDCC items, but less compared to a monthly figure.

In the SDCC news release, you said the Vykron sold on mattycollector.com will be packed out as either the space warrior or the tank warrior. Will the one we receive be randomly selected or will the two package variants be sold as separate items? MOC collectors would surely like the opportunity to purchase both.

You can choose which one to buy. Both Space and Military pack outs will be offered as separate toys on Mattycollector.com after the show.
    MOTUClassics.Com

MOTUClassics.Com Asks: As a MOTU fan, I’m super jealous of the functionality of the stackable stands made for the wrestling figures. Will future MOTUC stands continue to keep with the basic form of the previous two offerings or is the MOTUC team willing to look to the wrestling stands as inspiration to mix in some functionality with the design for some MOTUC Battle Stands 2.0?

We are actively looking into stackable stands maybe as early as 2014.

MOTUClassics.Com Asks: Some collectors that enjoy Vykron are planning to buy multiples and display him as three different characters. As a collector yourself, do you feel that same compulsion? If you do, which one would still be Vykron and what would you name the other two?

Toy Guru: I really never thought of them as separate characters and the bio does an awesome job of explaining all of the different outfits. It really is much more like He-Man. He is still He-Man whether he is in Snake Armor, Thunder Punch or New Adventures.
    Elkkthunder's Toyroom

Can you provide the exact date for day of sales of SDCC items- we need to plan for the day off!!
    We do not have this locked in yet.

As soon as we do we will announce it.

Can you look into why Digital River sends out multiple emails monthly that state "your subscription is renewing" in great excess of the # of subs one has?

We certainly will!

The SDCC Vykron, what is the origin of the exact name. We know Vikor, but from the Power & Honor catalog, the proto design was reference as Vykon.

We wanted to differentiate the name from "Vikor" a bit more while still paying homage to the prototype.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The sites listed below are the sites who want to participate in the Q&A round-up in these threads and on the He-Man.org homepage news entry.
    Be sure to check out their sites! There's a lot there to see in addition to the Q&As.

http://www.planeteternia.de/
    http://www.popculturenetwork.com/
    http://www.figures.com/
    http://www.kastorskorner.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/hordak.de
    http://www.maitresdelunivers.org/
    http://www.infinitehollywood.com/
    http://www.motucfigures.com/
    http://www.he-man.de/
    ElkkThunders Toy Room
    The Ultimate She-Ra Guide
    MOTUClassics.com
    www.MOTULA.foroactivo.net
    http://www.preternia.com
    www.mintconditioncustom.com/

All other sites haven't gotten back to us yet about participating, or have asked not to be included which we completely understand and respect.
    So, please do not post the actual questions and answers from any site not listed above.
    But you are welcome to post a direct link to their Q&A, and discuss the info here in this thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 15, 2012 at 09:09pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

The Teela shield in blue!?!?! I hope so!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Or Zodac's gun for Stinkor?!? Or Lyn's cape?!?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

a Muppet of a man...
    I'd like to see the Webstor rifle in blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    I'd like to see the Webstor rifle in blue!
    This was my first thought when he mentioned a blue weapon.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Evil Lynns cape would ROCK
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Blue star staff!

It is certainly something we could look into, but it wouldn't happen until we are (at min) sold out of stock of the current He-Man 1.0,
    This is a little confusing, I thought he-man and others were now always avail, so why is there a sell out needed?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    I wouldn't mind Battle Armor Faker armor in blue- poor guy needs some more of his own accessories! Hell, I'd be glad to even have BA Skeletor armor in blue!

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    This is a little confusing, I thought he-man and others were now always avail, so why is there a sell out needed?

I'm guessing that to fill the promise of them being "always available" that Mattel must have made A CRAP TON of a production run on him- and were they to release a 2.0 they'd be stuck with a warehouse full of the original.
    Last edited by vertigoink; May 15, 2012 at 02:56pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Or Zodac's gun for Stinkor?!?
    Yes, please!
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Yes. They will be on Granamyr.
    Crap. I'd hoped he would not have dinky wings.

So the reason that Vykron does not have the black visor on his helmet is because clear plastic would require a new tool? No one asked about clear plastic piece.

J

Its not necessarily a sell out in the same way the others are, they have a LOT of He-Man figures since he is the icon and the starting point for a large number of people. Like vertigoink said if they were to say here is the revised He-Man then He-Man 1.0 would just rot because the "default" would be 2.0.

So until that big production run gets lower to the point where they could probably just give away the figures in a Mad Matty sale or take a loss on them we won't see a revised He-Man.

Not to mention since they can use the same He-Man buck for all his variations we can spend more money on tooling for things like Thunderpunch or say Laser Light as the main He-Man form is already paid for
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I took it that they have produced a TON of He-Man figures and therefore would need to sell through those that have been produced before they went back into production.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Crap. I'd hoped he would not have dinky wings.
    ...me too! I'm a little worried.

I keep hearing rumors that the Four Horsemen will be taking a step back with MOTUC or that there are figures coming out that they did not do, is this true or just paranoid fan speculation?

This is not true.
    *phewww* I guess I was being paranoid.

Heroic Warrior
    So the reason that Vykron does not have the black visor on his helmet is because clear plastic would require a new tool? No one asked about clear plastic piece.
    I agree ! The question was about a BLACK visor, NOT about a CLEAR visor ! I guess the person who answered this was probably part of Digital River's team of idiots, or failed miserably his/her reading exam...
    Last edited by Prahvus; May 15, 2012 at 03:31pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I agree ! The question was about a BLACK visor, NOT about a CLEAR visor ! I guess the person who answered this was probably part of Digital River's team of idiots, or failed miserably his/her reading exam...
    More like not wanting to put more of a Boba Fett vibe to it and not admitting so.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    From now on, for every question, Matty should just say "a clear plastic visor would be too expensive to answer that question right now".

the book of bios is a genius idea. really that would be by far one of the coolest things they could do.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Fingers crossed for Draego-Man's flame sword done in icy blue to coincide with Frosta's release this fall!

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    the book of bios is a genius idea. really that would be by far one of the coolest things they could do.
    I Agree. It would be a great way to kinda "legitamize" them a little more. Get to work on this asap TG
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The Teela shield in blue!?!?! I hope so!
    Maybe its the Man-At-Arms canon after all?

I'm toying with the idea of making a black visor for my Vykron’s space-man helmet by cutting a piece of old camera film or tape from a VHS tape and sticking it on the inside of the helmet.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'm toying with the idea of making a black visor for my Vykron’s space-man helmet by cutting a piece of old camera film or tape from a VHS tape and sticking it on the inside of the helmet.
    Careful now! You might turn yourself into a customiser & end being spoonfed what you need by Mattel
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!