Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (5/15/2012)

There is an accessory that is now blue.
    Webstor's rifle

We are actively looking into stackable stands maybe as early as 2014.
    Noooo.. make it happen on 2013.. we need them sooner, actually allready! Because our collections grows so fast
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Its not necessarily a sell out in the same way the others are, they have a LOT of He-Man figures since he is the icon and the starting point for a large number of people. Like vertigoink said if they were to say here is the revised He-Man then He-Man 1.0 would just rot because the "default" would be 2.0.

So until that big production run gets lower to the point where they could probably just give away the figures in a Mad Matty sale or take a loss on them we won't see a revised He-Man.

Not to mention since they can use the same He-Man buck for all his variations we can spend more money on tooling for things like Thunderpunch or say Laser Light as the main He-Man form is already paid for
    I wonder how many He-man figures are selling, and why they made so many. Do they have something planned that they think will greatly increase the number of collectors? I'd like to think they had a reason for producing so many, and that it means something good for us.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Webstor's rifle

Noooo.. make it happen on 2013.. we need them sooner, actually allready! Because our collections grows so fast
    Meh, by 2014 I will have already found something that works better than figure stands anyway. However, figure stands do not help figures with heavy back pieces and loose ankles. I have a figure stand for every DCU figure, and I still have certain figures that cannot stand properly. Hell, **** Grayson Robin is impossible to stand up without having him backed against something because he always falls backwards after a few days. You either have to constantly fix his pose on a daily basis or put him against the wall or something. Plus, there are characters with holes too big for the stand to stay on their feet, or the peg is too big for the hole and the character floats on the tip of the stand and falls off.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    And I would rather someone who actually cared about Voltron got that license.
    Voltron just doesn't sell well enough for many other companies to go after the license. Retailers weren't interested in the Voltron Lion Force toys even with a cartoon to back it. I highly doubt Voltron villains or vehicles are popular enough to invest a lot of money into making them.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Voltron just doesn't sell well enough for many other companies to go after the license. Retailers weren't interested in the Voltron Lion Force toys even with a cartoon to back it. I highly doubt Voltron villains or vehicles are popular enough to invest a lot of money into making them.
    All they need to do is make the big three, that is it. That is all I am asking. You can't have a Voltron figure line without the trio.

That is like doing a He-Man line without Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, and Beast-Man. A Thundercats line without Mumm-Ra. Batman without Joker. Superman without Lex, Darkseid, and Brainiac. Green Lantern without Sinestro. Transformers without Megatron/Galvatron. Well, okay, the later might work, but the others would not.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    All they need to do is make the big three, that is it. That is all I am asking. You can't have a Voltron figure line without the trio.

That is like doing a He-Man line without Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, and Beast-Man. A Thundercats line without Mumm-Ra. Batman without Joker. Superman without Lex, Darkseid, and Brainiac. Green Lantern without Sinestro. Transformers without Megatron/Galvatron. Well, okay, the later might work, but the others would not.
    Mattel is kinda screwed the way they went about it. By having lions that could be piloted by 4" figures, they limited every other character. No Vehicle Voltron in the same size, no Robeasts for $80.

I think Voltron is a line where some imagination on the part of the fandom has to take place. Sure they can make the figures for Voltron, but the robot battles can't be in scale with the figures directly. Mattel should have had a scale for the lion/robot battles and a scale for the human conflicts. You go all Human Alliance and can't merge the two.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Meh, by 2014 I will have already found something that works better than figure stands anyway. However, figure stands do not help figures with heavy back pieces and loose ankles. I have a figure stand for every DCU figure, and I still have certain figures that cannot stand properly. Hell, **** Grayson Robin is impossible to stand up without having him backed against something because he always falls backwards after a few days. You either have to constantly fix his pose on a daily basis or put him against the wall or something. Plus, there are characters with holes too big for the stand to stay on their feet, or the peg is too big for the hole and the character floats on the tip of the stand and falls off.
    There's already something much better than stands - Museum Wax. I use it for all of my toylines and it is absolutely amazing stuff. Can't see it, doesn't harm plastic...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I took it that they have produced a TON of He-Man figures and therefore would need to sell through those that have been produced before they went back into production.
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Its not necessarily a sell out in the same way the others are, they have a LOT of He-Man figures since he is the icon and the starting point for a large number of people. Like vertigoink said if they were to say here is the revised He-Man then He-Man 1.0 would just rot because the "default" would be 2.0.

So until that big production run gets lower to the point where they could probably just give away the figures in a Mad Matty sale or take a loss on them we won't see a revised He-Man.

Not to mention since they can use the same He-Man buck for all his variations we can spend more money on tooling for things like Thunderpunch or say Laser Light as the main He-Man form is already paid for
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I wouldn't mind Battle Armor Faker armor in blue- poor guy needs some more of his own accessories! Hell, I'd be glad to even have BA Skeletor armor in blue!

I'm guessing that to fill the promise of them being "always available" that Mattel must have made A CRAP TON of a production run on him- and were they to release a 2.0 they'd be stuck with a warehouse full of the original.
    good points then. I was thinking very close minded (still had the anniversary he-man figure in mind)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Because things change so much so often that we hate having to give out update after update. We want to make sure something is happening for sure before it is announced (and look at how much still changes!). Look at how most fans see Draego Man's shield or Horde Prime's stick in the mud. Once we show something, fans/customers expect it. We know this. This is why we hold information back until we are sure it is going to happen. Things change so much that we want to show what you are getting, not early prototypes or concepts that won't make it.

And of course their are legal, PR and licensor issues too, but you get the point.
    I gotta agree with this even though I know it kinda sucks for us who want to know.

Now where's Draego-Man, Spector, and Horde Prime's weapons at that got cut?! Bring on a "Deluxe Weapons Pak" or something to that effect.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Fingers crossed for Draego-Man's flame sword done in icy blue to coincide with Frosta's release this fall!
    I love this idea... very cool suggestion.
    Say cheese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Crap. I'd hoped he would not have dinky wings.
    Yep - I had the same reaction.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    MOTUClassics.Com Asks: Some collectors that enjoy Vykron are planning to buy multiples and display him as three different characters. As a collector yourself, do you feel that same compulsion? If you do, which one would still be Vykron and what would you name the other two?

Toy Guru: I really never thought of them as separate characters and the bio does an awesome job of explaining all of the different outfits. It really is much more like He-Man. He is still He-Man whether he is in Snake Armor, Thunder Punch or New Adventures.
    I think the reason people want to buy three of Vykron is so they can have the other characters he won the armor from in battle... Right? I mean, We do want to give Mattel more money for all the amazing characters in all corners of the lore, right???
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    I think the reason people want to buy three of Vykron is so they can have the other characters he won the armor from in battle... Right? I mean, We do want to give Mattel more money for all the amazing characters in all corners of the lore, right???
    He's probably coming from the point of view that despite the fact there is one He-Man (Adam), you still have to buy multiple He-Man figures to get the different armors. Thus, it would make sense to buy multiple Vykrons to depict him in his different looks.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Heroic Warrior
    The blue accessory... just a wild guess... maybe He-Man's shield for Stinkor? There was a yellow border Stinkor in the eighties that came with this shield..

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Ooh, Evil-Lyn's cape or Teela's shield in blue would be GREATLY appreciated!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Ooh, Evil-Lyn's cape or Teela's shield in blue would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Good thinking about Battleground Evil-Lyn's cape!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    The blue accessory... just a wild guess... maybe He-Man's shield for Stinkor? There was a yellow border Stinkor in the eighties that came with this shield..
    That would be nice and a total cool vintage variant nostalgic thing...

I'm hoping Granymr might have 2 sets of wings; one set cartoon accurate and one set that's more to scale with the figure.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.