Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (5/15/2012)

If the Granamyr figure's wing-to-body ratio is the same as the cartoon, then it seems like he's going to be absolutely enormous now that we know what size his wings are going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    If the Granamyr figure's wing-to-body ratio is the same as the cartoon, then it seems like he's going to be absolutely enormous now that we know what size his wings are going to be.
    The wing size changed a ton though in the cartoon, so it's not a great indicator.

Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

He-Man Shield in Blue for Stinkor Like the France Stinkor version !?
    Toy - Gallery`s ? , well ... Look here
    alone 400 Transformers Act´s

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The Q&A for Pendragon's Post says that there will be no other SDCC exclusive from another vendor like Battle Armor Faker was.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    This was my first thought when he mentioned a blue weapon.
    Same here, but Zodac/k's gear in blue would be sweet!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    No, he had big wings and small wings depending on which frame of the cartoon you reference, but Draego-Man's wings can only be on the small side of a toy version unless he's no bigger than Tytus (though even then, smaller than I would like).

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    How would those wings even work with Granamyr?

Anyway, nothing at all interesting right now.

BTW, are we going to have to wait until SDCC to find out what the 5th 30th figure is?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    How would those wings even work with Granamyr?
    I posted this in the Granymyr thread a while back ... hope it helps to get a sense of scale when using Draego Man's wings in comparison to a regular figure...

MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

About time we see Hordak's bat in blue!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Mine are up and ready to be added: http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=18758
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

So I need to update my credit card, but Mattel's answer to that guy's question was pretty much left ambiguous. If I change it now, do I risk not getting the rest of my May figures?

Oh, and this seems to be a big cop out answer:

Q: Will Club Lion continue in 2013?

A: It is too early for us to comment on 2013 at this point for any brand.

So they keep talking about a 2013 DC sub possibility, but when it comes to Voltron, they pretty much just avoid the question.

What was Mattel's purpose in licensing Voltron when they aren't even going to utilize the license? They should have let someone who cared get the license.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

So I need to update my credit card, but Mattel's answer to that guy's question was pretty much left ambiguous. If I change it now, do I risk not getting the rest of my May figures?

Oh, and this seems to be a big cop out answer:

Q: Will Club Lion continue in 2013?

A: It is too early for us to comment on 2013 at this point for any brand.

So they keep talking about a 2013 DC sub possibility, but when it comes to Voltron, they pretty much just avoid the question.

What was Mattel's purpose in licensing Voltron when they aren't even going to utilize the license? They should have let someone who cared get the license.
    So they could get the Filmation rights. We all wanted Mattel to get the Thundercats license but by going for the Voltron license they were in a position to work closely with Classic Media

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    So they could get the Filmation rights. We all wanted Mattel to get the Thundercats license but by going for the Voltron license they were in a position to work closely with Classic Media
    I would rather they had Thundercats over Filmation rights. And I would rather someone who actually cared about Voltron got that license.

I would rather they had Thundercats over Filmation rights. And I would rather someone who actually cared about Voltron got that license.
    Considering the fact that the resellers are jumping on Voltron and the price they are now going for I think Mattel have another winner in the Voltron license and they are probably trying to work out now how they can capitalise on that.

I like that they got the Filmation rights because it is needed for MOTUC but I would have loved if they got Thundercats

Elder Councilman

And who might that be? As of late I'm not really seeing any other companies handle licensed properties particularly well either.

See: Bandai with Thundercats and recent Power Rangers.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    And who might that be? As of late I'm not really seeing any other companies handle licensed properties particularly well either.

See: Bandai with Thundercats and recent Power Rangers.
    Right now, I'm not sure, but someone who would release villians and the vehicle series stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely Mattel for releasing the Blazing Sword Voltron and the pilots, but SDCC would have been the perfect time to do a Blazing Sword VV figure, or a villian three pack of Lotor, Hagar, Zarkon. However, I think my biggest gripe is that every time I asked about Voltron on their facebook page, my post was deleted and then I now cannot even post comments on it. I was banned from their forums for asking Voltron questions. Everything I have asked lor seen asked gets ignored. It seems like everything related to Voltron is top secret information and you get ousted for asking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The Teela shield in blue!?!?! I hope so!
    My immediate first thought as well!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    My immediate first thought as well!
    Mine too, actually! Ever since Brian posted a pic of Evil-Lyn with Teela's shield in blue I wanted one!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

See, now answers like these really confuse me.

It is a line that depends solely on word of mouth, social media and collecting forums to get info out and promote the line. The idea behind these questions is to get the customer (who they want to sign up for $550.00 a year) juiced up and wanting to get their hands on future stuff. These answers are garbage. They say they have the line planned out for another 4 or 5 years, so what is the harm in letting us know 5 or 6 months in advance what product is coming out. Why all the secrecy?

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    See, now answers like these really confuse me.

It is a line that depends solely on word of mouth, social media and collecting forums to get info out and promote the line. The idea behind these questions is to get the customer (who they want to sign up for $550.00 a year) juiced up and wanting to get their hands on future stuff. These answers are garbage. They say they have the line planned out for another 4 or 5 years, so what is the harm in letting us know 5 or 6 months in advance what product is coming out. Why all the secrecy?
    Because things change so much so often that we hate having to give out update after update. We want to make sure something is happening for sure before it is announced (and look at how much still changes!). Look at how most fans see Draego Man's shield or Horde Prime's stick in the mud. Once we show something, fans/customers expect it. We know this. This is why we hold information back until we are sure it is going to happen. Things change so much that we want to show what you are getting, not early prototypes or concepts that won't make it.

And of course their are legal, PR and licensor issues too, but you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Because things change so much so often that we hate having to give out update after update. We want to make sure something is happening for sure before it is announced (and look at how much still changes!). Look at how most fans see Draego Man's shield or Horde Prime's stick in the mud. Once we show something, fans/customers expect it. We know this. This is why we hold information back until we are sure it is going to happen. Things change so much that we want to show what you are getting, not early prototypes or concepts that won't make it.

And of course their are legal, PR and licensor issues too, but you get the point.
    But all you have to do is put that little legal jumbo gumbo that something is subject to change.

However, my biggest gripe right now is why aren't my subs being combined? Or is Spector going to ship with Flash since they were both delayed? And you can't say I am using a different shipping method because all are from UPS Ground, on the same credit card, etc. Plus, if that were the case, Draego-Man would not have shipped with Yellow Lion and He-Man.

I would rather they had Thundercats over Filmation rights.
    Me too to be honest
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

argh - i hate the 'stay tuned' comment. they said that in 2010 about the meteorbs and i can only stay tuned-in for so long before it gets a bit annoying.