Thread: What topics should we poll fans about on the main page of He-Man.Org?

What topics should we poll fans about on the main page of He-Man.Org?

There are great polls here in the various poll subsections of the forums, like the MOTUC poll subsection. There are also great topics like the recent "most requested" discussion threads started by MegaGearMax.

Do you think we should turn any of these into main page polls on the Org to give them a wider participation?
    Or are there any other topics you think should be main page polls? Please be specific. Don't just say "I'd like to see more She-Ra polls". Post a specific question that you feel should be asked.

If so, please post here and let us know!

And, if someone above you posts a poll suggestion you agree with, please quote their post and agree with their suggestions! See a lot of different suggestions from multiple users that you like? Use the Multi-quote feature to easily quote multiple posts in one reply! The most popular polls are the ones we'll put on the main page so it's important that you agree with previous suggestions that you like.

Comedic or inappropriate replies will be removed. Let's try to focus on topics that provide useful feedback to other fans and hopefully to Mattel and other vendors who may be watching and reading.

Thanks for your input!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

* Would you be interested in Hot Wheels shaped like vintage MOTU toys?

* Which accessories would you like to see offered in the MOTUC line?

* Which figures would you like to see in the MOTU Giants line?

* Which figures would you like to see in the MOTU Minis line?

* Which MOTUC figures should Mattel re-release?

* What new media and licensed products would you like to be offered?
    Last edited by AdultCollector; January 26, 2015 at 11:32pm.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    You should take the top 100 from last years huge character poll, remove those that have been made, and re-poll the top 25. Just a suggestion.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    * Which figures would you like to see in the MOTU Minis line?
    But there's no longer a MotU Minis line, is there? It didn't meet its minimum required quota (by a long margin), and those of us who had subscribed have already been refunded.

And, in any case, had there been a second wave of minis, we had already been revealed which characters we would have been getting (Club Releases: Characters include She-Ra® vs. Horde Trooper™ (Pack 1), Mekaneck® vs. Jitsu™ (Pack 2), He-Ro® vs. Webstor™ (Pack 3), Trap Jaw® vs. Ram Man® (Pack 4), Buzz Off® vs. Stinkor® (Pack 5), Orko® vs. Hordak® (Pack 6) and the Snake Mountain™ diorama), since for the first (possibly only?) time they did reveal the whole roster upfront (in an eleventh-hour attempt to boost the dismal subs percentage; unfortunately unsuccessful).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Do you think possible future 2.0's should be in the main sub, a separate mini-sub, not in a sub at all?

Would you like the SDCC item be included in the main sub?

Which do you prefer: a monthly sub that encases all parts of MOTU (like we have currently) or 2 mini-subs (6 figures + 2 quarterly items) that are era specific and bi-monthly?

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Do you think possible future 2.0's should be in the main sub, a separate mini-sub, not in a sub at all?

Which do you prefer: a monthly sub that encases all parts of MOTU (like we have currently) or 2 mini-subs (6 figures + 2 quarterly items) that are era specific and bi-monthly?
    Agreed with these.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

With all the talk of changing the packaging and dropping the "Classics" name in 2016 I'd like a poll that more specifically looks at rather or not a change like this will actually have a positive effect or a negative effect when it comes to the buying habits of customers and how influential this would be on the performance of the line.

For instance the question could be something like: "If Classics figure style stays the same but gets repackaged and rebranded in 2016 will this influence your buying habits of the 6" MOTU figures?"

And then the options would be something like:

A) "I'm not currently collecting Classics but would be likely to start collecting the line if its rebranded"
    B) "I do currently collect classics but would be likely to collect more if it was rebranded"
    C) "I do currently collect classics but would be likely to collect less if it was rebranded"
    D) "I do currently collect classics but would be likely to stop collecting if it was rebranded"
    E) "The rebranding will likely have no influence on my collecting habits"

The difference in my mind between this and the "new packaging" question is that simply asking about rather or not someone would like a packaging change doesn't really reflect how a rebranding might influence customer actual buying habits and purchase choices (which is arguably a more important factor than aesthetic preferences since so much about the line is driven by subscription numbers).
    TOP WANTS
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Kayo/Lizzor/Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Dylamug/Malektha/Twiggets/Granita/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot
    BEASTS:Stridor/Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/TyrantisaurousRex

I'd like to see polls on what fans would like to see next for MOTU.

For example, do the fans WANT Son of He-Man figures? Do they want Etheria to be a forgotten memory? Do they just want male figures? What about dioramas?

For me, the immediate future of the brand is important because there are so many great 'retro' characters waiting to be made. I'd be devastated if Mattel instead tried to push new characters that amount to background nobodies over fan-favourites we've been crying out for for decades.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    You should take the top 100 from last years huge character poll, remove those that have been made, and re-poll the top 25.
    Yes! This for a poll option.
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Hawke / Dakon / Delora
    Evil: Lodar
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I'd like to see polls on what fans would like to see next for MOTU.

For example, do the fans WANT Son of He-Man figures? Do they want Etheria to be a forgotten memory? Do they just want male figures? What about dioramas?

For me, the immediate future of the brand is important because there are so many great 'retro' characters waiting to be made. I'd be devastated if Mattel instead tried to push new characters that amount to background nobodies over fan-favourites we've been crying out for for decades.
    I largely agree with these sentiments. I want to know if the FANS (and Mattel's customers) actually WANT a line comprised mostly of Son of He-Man and new comic characters, as opposed to continuing with the most fan demanded characters from last year's polls here on the org. Those polls demonstrated that fans are most excited to get more Filmation, 200x, vintage mini-comic, New Adventures, and other media figures. I'd like to see how such choices would poll against a lineup of SOH and new comic characters.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post

Would you like the SDCC item be included in the main sub?

These are great suggestions, particularly that first one. Just change 2.0's to variants in general.

I have my own suggestions:

Where do the fans want the direction of the line to go?

Would the fans want the continuing adventures of present day He-Man? No major character deaths, just new adventures with some focus or development of secondary characters like MYP did? With occasional forays into other eras of MOTU like NA or Preternia?

Or would they want the Toyguru-written character deaths to stand, He-Man to age and a new focus on the next generation of He-Man and Skeletor-like characters?
    Would the fans like the occasional new character, weapon or vehicle if they were present day elements?

I know this might get shot down, since most fans want established characters first. I'm not talking Son of He-Man here. I'm talking about a new Masters/Heroic Warrior vehicle that MAA created. Or a brand new Evil Warrior that Skeletor recruits to kill He-Man. Or a brand new heroine joins the Great Rebellion. Mattel could produce a mini-comic to sell those things like the old mini-comics back in the day. I'll reiterate--OCCASIONAL. Like a one-off every now and then.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 28, 2015 at 03:47pm.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto