Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which STANDS fit MOTUC figures?

Which STANDS fit MOTUC figures?

I was curious as to what stands you guys have found that work best with the MOTUC figures? What size and where to get them? Thanks

Heroic Warrior
    At the moment, I'm letting mine stand on their own. I'm waiting for the MOTUC Battle Stands to go on sale in Feb. 2010.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

I am going to pick up some battle stand as well, but don't want to buy battle stands for every figure...

Just wonderind if anyone has tried ANY other stands available for sale and if they work well or fit the MOTUC figures

ANYONE???

Heroic Eternian Actor Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar
    The clear McFarlane stands were what I have been using. However, I go to the Spawn.com website and can't seem to find it. You may have better luck! They are great for MOTU--both 200X and MOTUC.

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I am actually currently using the DC Universe Classic stands that you can buy on MattyCollector. They are $12 for a pack of 25 stands. Be sure to get the DCU CLASSICS stands, and not the smaller ones for the Justice League figures, if you decide to go this route.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ctID.108986300

The only downside is the DCU logo on the stands, which isn't that noticable, and you can turn the stands the other way so that the logo isn't showing as much.

Here are some pics from way back when He-Man and Beastman were first released:

One of the stands by itself:

He-Man and Beastman each on stands that have been turned around so the DCU logo is facing the other way (with the other stand by them):

Close-up of a figure on one of the stands:

The DCU logo isn't very big to begin with, and if you turn the stands the other way like I did, then it's even less noticeable.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Need your MOTUC figs to stand? Here's something i discovered

Not too long ago i ordered a pack of figure stands for 3 3/4 vintage star wars figures. I was curious as the peg was pretty wide so i tested it out on my heman fig and guess what...they FIT with the MOTUC figs . The only one i wouldnt get was Teela but found one of the stands from my dc direct figs.
    Last edited by vazqjose; January 19, 2010 at 01:44pm.

The clear stands from McFarlane Toys work as well. Probably one of the cheapest on the market. 15 stands for $5.

http://store.spawn.com/detail.aspx?ID=297

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I've been using the DC Universe Classics stands from Matty Collector for my MOTUC. You get 25 of them for $12. Not quite as good of a price as those MacFarlane stands, but depending on what the shipping cost it for the MacFarlane ones, you might save money by just throwing in a pack of the DCUC stands with a future MOTUC order.

In the name of the Lloyd!

southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    Quote Originally Posted by MeguiarsEM View Post
    The clear stands from McFarlane Toys work as well. Probably one of the cheapest on the market. 15 stands for $5.

http://store.spawn.com/detail.aspx?ID=297
    Wow...definitely a much nicer buy then the 5 for 12 bucks matty is selling us now. Thanks for pointing that out

Only if you are in the USA.
    Shipping 5 packs to Europe is 90$ with cheapest shipping.

Yeah, but now that I think about it. I might have to double check, I purchased a bag a few years back and was using them with random 6" non-McFarlane figures. I personally haven't used them with the MOTUC figs, haven't had to. My guess is that they should fit.I will test them out when I get home tonight and post.

Quote Originally Posted by optibotimus View Post
    Wow...definitely a much nicer buy then the 5 for 12 bucks matty is selling us now. Thanks for pointing that out

Of the McFarlane stands?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    Only if you are in the USA.
    Shipping 5 packs to Europe is 90$ with cheapest shipping.

southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    Yeah, but now that I think about it. I might have to double check, I purchased a bag a few years back and was using them with random 6" non-McFarlane figures. I personally haven't used them with the MOTUC figs, haven't had to. My guess is that they should fit.I will test them out when I get home tonight and post.
    I'd appreciate it...i would prefer to get those then the matty ones. Only because of the price. I really like the look of the grayskull ones and probably will get a set for the main characters. But those look like nice, cheaper alternatives.

Of the McFarlane stands?
    Yes, 5 packages of McFarlane stands would cost 90$ to ship... which is insane

Here you go optibotimus. Peg fits a little tight so carefull about rotating him while on the stand, his ankle joint could break. Other than that these stands are good. Also won't take up so much space if you're displaying MOTUC figs on shelf or glass case. This figs are known to have loose, crooked leg and ankle joints, BA He-Man is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by optibotimus View Post
    I'd appreciate it...i would prefer to get those then the matty ones. Only because of the price. I really like the look of the grayskull ones and probably will get a set for the main characters. But those look like nice, cheaper alternatives.
    Last edited by MeguiarsEM; January 19, 2010 at 10:10pm.
    Good Sellers/Traders
    Mosquitor87, BurtDawg, Okro, foots mcgee, Joey Bones, He-Man54, Grayskulls Fakor, bigassbuzz

Is there a reason why BA He-Man's foot isn't pegged in all the way?

The peg on the stand is a bit wide. I'm sure with enough force it could fit in flush, but didn't want to risk getting him stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Hat View Post
    Is there a reason why BA He-Man's foot isn't pegged in all the way?

Generic stands for MOTUC figures?

I got some of the Grayskull stands but only 1 pack... put my heroes on them and they look great... but I was wondering if anyone knows of a site to purchase generic stands, clear or black acrylic, that actually fit MOTUC figures. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bobo_arachnid View Post
    I got some of the Grayskull stands but only 1 pack... put my heroes on them and they look great... but I was wondering if anyone knows of a site to purchase generic stands, clear or black acrylic, that actually fit MOTUC figures. Thanks!
    I'm looking for these too since ToyGuru just announced that the Grayskull stands were a one time deal. I've searched all over the internet but I got zilch. I would think if there were compatible stands we would've seen them on the boards by now.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

My first thought was the McFarlane stands http://store.spawn.com/detail.aspx?ID=297, but I vaguely remember Poe Ghostal saying that they don't work well w/ MOTUC

My first thought was the McFarlane stands http://store.spawn.com/detail.aspx?ID=297, but I vaguely remember Poe Ghostal saying that they don't work well w/ MOTUC
    Yeah I read that too. You would think another company would be willing to make these. There weren't any that really worked with the 200x series either.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

I wonder how well the DCUC stands work... I know they have the DC logo on them but I don't know how noticeable it would be... also don't know if the figures would be able to be posed as well as on the Grayskull stands.

I have these. These work well with a variety of figures but the main issue with them and MOTUC is that the new figures have a shorter hole in their feet. I've had to take a drill bit to each figures foot to extend the hole.
    I don't have a MOTUC group shot with the figures (and I just replaced them with the new stands) but here's some saved photo's.

Here's one with the 200x figures.

Here's a photo I took for another thread.

And here's one with some stands I bought years ago. I believe they were called Action Stands.

I've had no problem at all using McFarlane stands. Sure they're about 1/16" too long in the peg, but they still work fine as far as I'm concerned.

Plus, if you really want your MOTUC to stand completely flat you can just shorten the peg rather than drilling out the foot of your figure.

At $5 for a pack of 15 the McFarlane stands are really hard to beat.

Spy
    http://www.spymonkeycreations.com/
    Custom Action Figure Accessories

Anywhere else I can get those McFarlane ones. I had them in my basket and it looks like it is going to cost around $89 UPS to send here. I can't seem to find a cheaper option on the site, surely there would be. If not can some kind person in the States get me a set?

Quote Originally Posted by r_r_r_22 View Post
    Anywhere else I can get those McFarlane ones. I had them in my basket and it looks like it is going to cost around $89 UPS to send here. I can't seem to find a cheaper option on the site, surely there would be. If not can some kind person in the States get me a set?
    I had the same problem, the shipping was really expensive so I ordered a whole heap to justify it. There was no cheaper option on the site when I ordered them a year ago.