Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Stinkor, Slush Head & Mighty Spector Arrival Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Those forearms look hideous. I'm just glad that I'll be able to correct them easily and have a perfect version of the figure.

Which is a shame because other than that the figure looks really cool. The Four Horsemen outdid themselves, there was no need for Mattel's design team to spit on their work.

This is the first time I have ever gotten a shipping notice next day, no matter what I bought from Matty, so I should have Stinkor in about a week or so.

And I did notice the forearms in the pics, because I like those finned forearms, and I expect them to be sticking out, looks like something's missing when I see them like that, just doesn't look right to me.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I'm guessing shipping notices are going out so quickly because they can't ship out huge amounts of orders because Spector is delaying them all.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'm guessing shipping notices are going out so quickly because they can't ship out huge amounts of orders because Spector is delaying them all.
    Didn't stop them for those with the subs.

And honestly, the forearms are not that hideous. You ontly notice it when you are looking for it.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Didn't stop them for those with the subs.
    Not sure what you mean? You mean they sent them out for those only with the regular sub? I'm talking about the large quantity of orders that included Spector which is both day of sales with Spector and the people who got the regular sub and the 30th sub.

I have both subs... no shipping yet, waiting on the time traveler... cuz that makes sense!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Heroic Warrior
    When Draego Man came out, he did not ship with my sub stuff because I use one credit card for my regular sub and one for my 30th ann. sub. I was upset.

Happily, this time around, the same thing happened, but it sorta worked out. I got Stinkor and Slush Head today, yet no Spector because he is on another credit card.

Pleased with my figs today!

Quote Originally Posted by DCComicsguy View Post
    When Draego Man came out, he did not ship with my sub stuff because I use one credit card for my regular sub and one for my 30th ann. sub. I was upset.

Happily, this time around, the same thing happened, but it sorta worked out. I got Stinkor and Slush Head today, yet no Spector because he is on another credit card.

Pleased with my figs today!
    Except all of my subs have teh same debit card and same shipping method.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Stinkor looks amazing and i'm liking his 200x head more and more (i still prefer vintage tho).... ONE question: are his forearms molded in red or black?

this information is useful for error-fixers, i mean customizers

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

I gotta ask... so who is filling the Slush Head dome with water an leaving it in there?

Not I! But you know someone will.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Heroic Warrior
    Someone's already got the Snake Mountain stands?

Just got my day-of-sale shipping notice too!!! Stinkor and Slush Head are arriving tomorrow, woo-hoo!
    "From here to Eterni...a"

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kissero View Post
    Just got my day-of-sale shipping notice too!!! Stinkor and Slush Head are arriving tomorrow, woo-hoo!
    Got mine also. My DoS Stinkor, Slush Head, and Snake Mountain Stands will be here tomorrow
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; May 17, 2012 at 09:30am.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Well I was supposed to get my figures today, but my apartment complex has decided that nobody lives in their apartments and had the sidewalk all torn up with tape going around all of the stairwells to each apartment so you have to duck under them to leave, but it makes it look like the apartments cannot be accessed, so the UPS is just going to keep on driving by.

I still MISS my Subscription renewal Mail!!!!!

Its almost 3 days after regular sell day.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    So, I have both subs. The initial authorization has dropped off of my card and now in my order history, there is no order for slushead, Spector, and stinkor... Anyone else?
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    So, I have both subs. The initial authorization has dropped off of my card and now in my order history, there is no order for slushead, Spector, and stinkor... Anyone else?
    My sub order for Stinkor and Slush Head is still there at the top. However, I did notice that all of my unsubmitted orders that went back a few months are now gone. It's probably worth mentioning that I do not have the 30th sub.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Got my Stinkor and Slushy today!!! When you open Stinkor take a big sniff and enjoy all the vintage goodness!! It was so strong I started to cough!! It really was fun and brought back alot of fond memories. I wish they didnt switch the forearms but it is not very noticeable and doesnt take away from the figure all that much but that said, it doesnt make him "POP" anymore either.

If you fill your Slushy with water make sure you use distilled water if you plan on keeping the water in there for a long time. So you dont get that white film on the plastic because there will be no way to clean it from the inside..

Yay, my Stinkor and Slushhead arrived about 25 minutes ago!!! They are freaking awesome!!! Stinkor is just down right incredible. It sucks that they messed up his forearms, but whatever, it does not take away how amazing this figure is. I also have to say I am glad they toned down the smell, because I forgot he even smelled until I was throwing the bubble into the garbage and saw it on there.

Both of these figures are very impressive and this is probably the first month I am pleased with... wait... there is still one to come, nevermind.

Just got my Stinkor and Slushhead in the mail this morning. I've opened Slushhead so far and love his colors. The muted green and the teal blue look so nice together and off the top of my head, I can't think of any other figure that has that same color scheme. It really is hard to tell there is reuse with this guy. He looks so unique! So many cool new parts.

I won't be displaying mine with any water in the dome, so I'm thinking about just removing the plug. It looks just fine without it.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    This is one of those figures I had zero interest in til the Horsemen recreated it. I love him. Everything from the water in the dome, to the tentacles as weapons, to the dual action axe gun, to all the reptilian green parts. He's a fun toy and blends in with the old Masters of the Universe than the other NA figures so far.
    As always, SCB, your photos look amazing! If you have a chance, would you mind take a shot or two of Slushy near the Hordesmen as well? I'm curious how he looks near them, and I won't be able to see my own until I get back to the States in June.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

SCB, the burning question is: was it fun to fill Slush Head's dome with water?

Just opened Stinkor. Love him.

The armor, head sculpts, and paint detail on the boyd are fantastic. Both heads are good, but the 200x head is simply amazing. I love the eyes!

The lack of paint on the accessories is a little weird, but it isn't too noticeable when combined with the figure's exceptional paint detail.

Love the way you can swap out the red dot and the little air tank (maybe? what is that thing anyway? pressure gauge?) on the front of the armor's gas mask. In fact, either of those can plug into the hole in the back as well, in case you don't want to display your Stinkor with his large blue air tanks.

The smell is great. Not overpowering, but fairly reminiscent of the original figure. He's giving my office a bit of an aroma today

Well, I'm very mixed on the arms. Looking at them, I don't think they have the odd look of the reversed shoulders on Hisss or Roboto where they look off and don't function as well (by grating against the other pieces). When posing Stinkor, however, I feel like something is definitely off. The arms just feel like they move opposite of any other figures. Its hard to explain, but I forgot all about the arm problem until I was posing his arms.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

"As I drove up my driveway...cool wind in my hair.
    Warm smell of Patchouli...rising up through the air.
    Up ahead in the distance...I saw a box from Mattel.
    And I was thinking to myself: 'this could be Heaven or this could be Hell.'
    There it stood on my doorstep...so I brought it inside.
    Ripped it open with a child's delight...the scent made me hiiigh..."

^just my silly tinkering with a tribute song to Stinkor... I got him yesterday and love him, forearms and all!