Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stinkor, Slush Head & Mighty Spector Arrival Thread

Just got my Stinkor and Slush Head. Both figures are great but there is a bit of glue on Slush Heads dome with a big fingerprint smudge on it. Should I return it or is there a way to get the glue off?
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

I just got my Stinkor and Slush Head, and both have great paint except one major thing, that I'm actually kind of happy about, my STINKor has NO ODOR LOL Smells just like a regular figure. As a child I hated the smell, but I just found it humorous the master of odors has NONE. Way to go quality checkers at Mattel! LOL

My Stinkor and Slush Head are "Out for Delivery" so now I just need the work day to end.

Once I see Slush Head for myself I will decide if he stays or goes. Until today no NA character has entered my apartment. Slush Head will be breaking new ground here.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So, do you guys notice the backwards gloves in-hand? Or you don't care about them...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Honestly if someone hadn't pointed it out to me I would have never even noticed.......

Quote Originally Posted by ManKindRam View Post
    I just got my Stinkor and Slush Head, and both have great paint except one major thing, that I'm actually kind of happy about, my STINKor has NO ODOR LOL Smells just like a regular figure. As a child I hated the smell, but I just found it humorous the master of odors has NONE. Way to go quality checkers at Mattel! LOL
    My Stinkor has no odor as well. I'm very disappointed in this. My Slushhead's tentacle-arms won't stay in either. Very disappointed.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I can't wait for my Stinkor figure to get here.

Stinkor & Slushy arrived today.

Some general thoughts - what's with the cheap plastic for the weapons and accessories? It's worse than ever. Stinkor's shield is so craptastic it broke as soon as I put it on his arm.

Stinkor - Overall - the figure is solid. Tight joints, no paint flaws. I like the 200x head better. The mask doesn't fit on either head. And I still haven't been able to figure out what the small vial or plug is. The gun looks cool, but needs a repaint. The backpack is boring. I HATE the arms being swapped. I need to figure out how to fix that.

Slushhead. Meh. Dome is foggy. I hate that he can't turn his head, the arm bracers feel weak and don't stay up, the big Doc Ock arms really don't fit. Cool character, cool design, poor execution.

I really don't have much hope for the future of this line. I'm seeing quality drop like a rock. It's bad enough to get factory screw-ups, bad glue, sloppy paint, etc. But the funky plastic and cheap out on the armor just makes me not want to collect it anymore. It's nearly $36 per figure to get it to my door. I can live without the paint apps as I usually touch the figs up myself. A poorer quality plastic is where I draw the line.

No sub for me next year if this trend continues.

Custom Snakemen ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I have both subs, but once again mine were shipped seperately.
    Damn! Well I hope that with this new CS Dept. you can petition for some kind of refund or credit to future shipments since they should combine them. (Unless they're on different cards / accounts? But you don't have to answer the last time my post attempted to assist someone they got bent and thought I was mocking their financial situation...)
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

My Stinkor does smell but very little... I have to get him really up close to my nose to even register it.

I don't mind the swapped forearms... I don't think it looks bad anatomically speaking, but maybe it is just me not paying much attention to it.
    "From here to Eterni...a"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Well I was supposed to get my figures today, but my apartment complex has decided that nobody lives in their apartments and had the sidewalk all torn up with tape going around all of the stairwells to each apartment so you have to duck under them to leave, but it makes it look like the apartments cannot be accessed, so the UPS is just going to keep on driving by.
    Maybe you should call their cs number and notify them and possibly arrange a delivery; I've heard they're trying some type of accommodation program to help deliveries get where they need to go.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Stinkor and Mer-Man get some shocking news

Getting around the Funk of the Skunk

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Awesome pics! Hey SCB, what does the Snakeman Royal Guard head look like on Slush head's body?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by JOXE View Post
    Stinkor looks amazing and i'm liking his 200x head more and more (i still prefer vintage tho).... ONE question: are his forearms molded in red or black?

this information is useful for error-fixers, i mean customizers
    Molded in black

Quote Originally Posted by Heli88 View Post
    SCB, the burning question is: was it fun to fill Slush Head's dome with water?
    Fun indeed and not the easiest thing with that tiny opening, but it's something new!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Awesome pics! Hey SCB, what does the Snakeman Royal Guard head look like on Slush head's body?
    Last edited by SCB; May 18, 2012 at 08:17pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Sweet! That head looks really good on Slush Head's body. It would need a repaint to match the skin, but the textures look spot on. Nice! Thanks.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Amazingly, I got Stinkor and Slush Head today. It only took four days via Newgistics; that's a record for me! I've already swapped Stinkor's arms and repainted them. Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but the reversed forearms are marked correspondingly to where they are. So, it wasn't a factory error.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    I've already swapped Stinkor's arms and repainted them.
    Is there any chance you could post some pictures and maybe a tutorial for those of us who are less skillful when it comes to moding figures? I would love to see how yours turned out and what type of paint you used.

So has anyone put green food colouring in with the water in Slushheads dome?
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    My Stinkor has no odor as well. I'm very disappointed in this. Very disappointed.
    Just sit him next to your computer while you're online for an hour or so, and you'll smell him.

I just barely noticed a smell when I opened him and held him to my nose but after he sat next to me for an hour and half he was kinda giving me a headache I could smell it so bad.

I have to admit I was expecting him to have a stronger sent like the vintage figure and MOTUC Moss Man but the smell is there.

Did anyone else notice that Stinkor's bubble didn't have the holes on the side that the other figures bubbles do? I found that odd, like they didn't want the smell to get out.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Is there any chance you could post some pictures and maybe a tutorial for those of us who are less skillful when it comes to moding figures? I would love to see how yours turned out and what type of paint you used.
    I only took a couple pics. All I did was heat the arm up in hot water and pull the forearm off the pin. It was really easy since the plastic is softer than usual. I used regular acrylic paints.

"Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Stinkor's bubble didn't have the holes on the side that the other figures bubbles do? I found that odd, like they didn't want the smell to get out.

I haven't looked in awhile, but I don't believe that Moss Man's has them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I wonder what the 200x whiplash head looks like on slush heads body?

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I wonder what the 200x whiplash head looks like on slush heads body?
    Does not fit the body really. Looks too large, worse than it does on the Whiplash body.

I got my stinkor and slush today and and just wow and I am really amazed at how cool these figures are. Stinkor really does stink and I just love it.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!