Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stinkor, Slush Head & Mighty Spector Arrival Thread

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but the reversed forearms are marked correspondingly to where they are. So, it wasn't a factory error.
    I'm sorry, but that's absolutely disgusting of Mattel! Spending money to make new molds of Roboto and King Hiss's shoulders so they can be assembled correctly in the future = AWESOME. Spending money to make new molds of ALREADY correct parts to assemble them INCORRECTLY = sheer lunacy!

In this year where we are loosing accessories and paint apps due to cost, they spent the precious budget to **** up Stinkor's arms?!

That money could have gotten us Horde Prime's staff and Draego-Man's shield. Two pieces left and right = two accessories. *slow clap for Mattel Design's decision there*

Someone needs to ask about that in a Q&A: Why was it necessary to make new molds for already existing parts at the expensive of loosing accessories with other figures?

Slayor, your swap/repaint job looks very good!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but the reversed forearms are marked correspondingly to where they are. So, it wasn't a factory error.
    Alright, then I have to apologize for calling Scott a liar a few weeks ago (well, in regards to this particular issue at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm sorry, but that's absolutely disgusting of Mattel! Spending money to make new molds of Roboto and King Hiss's shoulders so they can be assembled correctly in the future = AWESOME. Spending money to make new molds of ALREADY correct parts to assemble them INCORRECTLY = sheer lunacy!

In this year where we are loosing accessories and paint apps due to cost, they spent the precious budget to **** up Stinkor's arms?!
    Well said, sir, well said !!!

Someone needs to ask about that in a Q&A: Why was it necessary to make new molds for already existing parts at the expensive of loosing accessories with other figures?
    ... and the answer will be: "We wanted to make him pop"
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Amazingly, I got Stinkor and Slush Head today. It only took four days via Newgistics; that's a record for me! I've already swapped Stinkor's arms and repainted them. Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but the reversed forearms are marked correspondingly to where they are. So, it wasn't a factory error.
    So if they ever reuse these newly sculpted forearms on future figures they'll also be reversed, that's disappointing. I still don't understand this decision, I really wish Mattel design would enforce whatever safety standards are required by law and then get out of the way. MOTUC by the 4H is what I'm here for, Mattel designs aesthetic input isn't necessary or desired.

Not that it matters, but Toyguru promised to never take liberties with the Horsemen's designs again.

Heroic Warrior
    So if it wasn't a factory mistake it was clearly a design team's mistake. But as I said before a mistake is still a mistake, and to realize that just look at Slayor's pictures. Now that's the correct look for Stinkor! He looks awesome that way.

SCB: Where have you seen that? I'd sure like to read it myself. Thanks!
    Last edited by nuno; May 19, 2012 at 06:37am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    I only took a couple pics. All I did was heat the arm up in hot water and pull the forearm off the pin. It was really easy since the plastic is softer than usual. I used regular acrylic paints.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...w/IMAG0060.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...w/IMAG0064.jpg
    Looks better, which color did you use? Citadel?

Slayor he looks perfect!!! Was it a mission to fix? What about the re-painting??
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    Still no pics of the Snake Mountain stands?

Amazingly, I got Stinkor and Slush Head today. It only took four days via Newgistics; that's a record for me! I've already swapped Stinkor's arms and repainted them. Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but the reversed forearms are marked correspondingly to where they are. So, it wasn't a factory error.
    No, it still a ******* Mattel design error!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Not that it matters, but Toyguru promised to never take liberties with the Horsemen's designs again.
    What's the link to that SCB? That I want to read

That money could have gotten us Horde Prime's staff and Draego-Man's shield. Two pieces left and right = two accessories. *slow clap for Mattel Design's decision there*

Darkspecter that is a great point. I would rather have had the money used for the forearms go to the missing paint apps on his accessories or for any of the missing accessories from other figures. No matter how you look at it switching the forearms to give Stinkor something different was a mistake on Mattel's part.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    What's the link to that SCB? That I want to read
    I'd like to read that as well.

Eternian Paparazzo prince.nothing's Avatar
    So I received my figures, and noticed that the tentacles do not stay on slush head. No matter what I do they keep falling off. Anyone else have this problem as well?

Here's the quote I was referring to. I guess it's my own interpretation, but that's what I got from it. No more reversed parts on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Not at all! Of course we want to hear fan feedback. But at this point, Stinkor is produced and on the way to DR. It just is not possible to make any changes. But much as we heard your feedback after the peg and hole She-Ra mask feature, we try not to repeat concepts fans and customers don't like. So got it. Loud and clear, you would have preferred the gloves were not attached in a unique way. I have passed these comments along to the design team so they are up to speed with reaction and interest.

Quote Originally Posted by prince.nothing View Post
    So I received my figures, and noticed that the tentacles do not stay on slush head. No matter what I do they keep falling off. Anyone else have this problem as well?
    Oh no! I was afraid of that! That was the same problem the vintage figure had.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Warrior
    I had the same problem when I first got Slush Head. You have to play around with it. Make sure you are inserting them the way they fit. There will be a CLICK sound. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by prince.nothing View Post

They stay in on mine perfectly, but you need to shove them and snap them into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post

Did anyone else notice that Stinkor's bubble didn't have the holes on the side that the other figures bubbles do? I found that odd, like they didn't want the smell to get out.
    Yeah they did that on purpose so the smell would be more potent upon opening him.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I got an e-mail saying mine shipped out today, so I will probably get them in June. The only thing I don't like about this line is the wait for the figures each month.

Here are my quick n' dirty pics

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

The forearms are new parts, they are hairy above the gloves, we never had those before, but they never should have been messed with, but I don't see why they would be reversed if used again, they are still a right and left, just swapped on Stinkor.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Stinkor looks so much better with the corrected arms. This has bothered me more than the swapped shoulders. It's far more noticeable.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Scott was right then.

I guess A LOT of people owe him an apology.

Spending money to make new molds of ALREADY correct parts to assemble them INCORRECTLY = sheer lunacy!

The forearms on Stinkor are new parts due to the fuzzy arms. The money was going to be spent no matter what. Reversing the forearms didn't cost the line any "new" money.

Mattel could have saved money and used the Skeletor forearms on Stinkor but, at least IMO, that would have been stupid.
    Last edited by Bonehead; May 19, 2012 at 11:10pm.

WOW, looking at the Stinkor pics I'm really seeing how the accessories are just seeming to look so PLAIN.... I mean I love him, but the kinda stick out so plain...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I'm really hoping that in the next weapons pack we will get proper stinkor colored weapons. Those solid blues are terrible.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone