Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 328

Thread: Stinkor, Slush Head & Mighty Spector Arrival Thread

  1. #101
    sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I'm really hoping that in the next weapons pack we will get proper stinkor colored weapons.
    ...and arms!

  2. #102
    Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wyoming.
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    WOW, looking at the Stinkor pics I'm really seeing how the accessories are just seeming to look so PLAIN.... I mean I love him, but the kinda stick out so plain...
    Yeah, honestly, the accessories just look... Cheap. .
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

    Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

  3. #103
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,890
    No different than Skeletor's Havoc Staff, Stratos' jetpack, Teela's shield, or any other solid coloured accessories...that type of thing is just part of motu. While the metallic highlights did look nice, personally I think these fit in just fine without them.
    I mean, there could have been no gun, or the Zodac gun simply painted in blue.

  4. #104
    Heroic Warrior BadVermin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    No different than Skeletor's Havoc Staff, Stratos' jetpack, Teela's shield, or any other solid coloured accessories...that type of thing is just part of motu.
    Incorrect. All of the accessories you mentioned have paint details on them.

    Other than Beastmans whip, I can't think of any figure whose accessories were not painted.

  5. #105
    Vintage Vintage Vintage Vlcan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Tornado Alley
    Posts
    2,369
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Yeah, honestly, the accessories just look... Cheap. .
    Especially the backpack. Where is the color for the dials or the tanks. It does look cheap & it seems like a prototype never finished. I wish I had the talent of some the orgers to custom paint them.

  6. #106
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    14,102
    It is funny how much a different the monotone metallic paints make to things like the weapons. There have been times in the past I wish they weren't so beholden to the classic weapons too. I think adding in a few other colors like grays or something is fine as long as the weapon is predominantly the color of the vintage weapon. As it stands, the solid blue weapons do seem a bit cheap.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

  7. #107
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    Incorrect. All of the accessories you mentioned have paint details on them.

    Other than Beastmans whip, I can't think of any figure whose accessories were not painted.
    Stratos' Jetpack is unpainted and solid blue, no different than these tanks. (The jetpack, not the front of the harness). But paint is not the issue I was addressing, rather the solid colour, which the accessories I mentioned, and others, more or less have.
    I'd rather it this way, then have paint rubbing off, which happens all too easily.
    They fit in fine imo and look sharp.
    That's not to say they didn't cheap out though, b/c they did and it did look better with metallic highlights. But it's not bad.

  8. #108
    80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,392
    Just got slushy and stinky.

    Well slushy is ok. The tenticles are a bit cheap and flimsy.wish you could turn his head.

    Stinkor is cool but those solid blue weapons suck. The heads to me are almost exactly the same. They should've did one head and threw in sme color on the weapons.

    Like I said before please if Mattel does another weapons pack please put some consideration into making these accessories a bit better
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

    Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  9. #109
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Just got slushy and stinky.

    Well slushy is ok. The tenticles are a bit cheap and flimsy.wish you could turn his head.

    Stinkor is cool but those solid blue weapons suck. The heads to me are almost exactly the same. They should've did one head and threw in sme color on the weapons.

    Like I said before please if Mattel does another weapons pack please put some consideration into making these accessories a bit better
    Problem solved!



    Seriously though, I will probably buy a bottle of metallic blue paint and try the detailing myself. There are plenty of pictures showing how the 4H painted them and it shouldn't be too difficult. I painted silver over the bronze on my Evil-Lyn staction (and I am NOT a painter ).

    If Mattel didn't have the money to add paint to the Stinkor stuff the first time, I don't see them doing it for a Weapons Pak. Also, I really hope they don't do it for a Weapons Pak. Having the same weapons in the same colour, with some added detail seems like a major waste to me. If they do get money to put some unique stuff in the Weapons Pak, I'd rather have the accessories that were cut (Horde Prime staff, Draego-Man whip, shield and non-flame sword and The Mighty Spector's whip). The weapons that were painted red in the Weapons Rack (for whatever reason, I'll never know) in the colour the other weapons were (rusting silver), would be really nice as well. Then we could finally have a complete set. Silly red weapons. *shakes head at the decision*
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  10. #110
    Heroic Warrior Man-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Midwesternia
    Posts
    73
    The red accessories from the Weapons Rack are meant to be a nod to Man-E-Weapons.

  11. #111
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,992
    Well my day of sale Stinkor arrived today and it's a great figure. Smell isn't very strong at all almost like a new toy smell.
    Also I didn't care for the plain blue weapons and had planned in advance to slightly customize Stinkor when he arrived so I got a bottle of Model Masters true blue pearl acrylic paint and touched up his tanks and weapons, but then he was still missing something that I loved on the staction so I painted thin flexible hose the pearl blue and added them to the tanks & mask

    I PRESENT MY CUSTOM MOTUC STINKOR









  12. #112
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,527
    Wow that looks pretty cool. I can't wait to get mine, should be today or tomorrow.

  13. #113
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Scott was right then.

    I guess A LOT of people owe him an apology.

    Not if he, or Terry, or whoever, assembled or labeled the pieces of the 4H prototype incorrectly.

    Each piece is likely labeled and then mailed to the factory, where people then coordinate the production. If the forearms were labeled incorrectly (as is what likely happened with both Roboto and King Hssss), that would be the fault of someone at Mattel.

    I still maintain the theory that someone has dyslexia. I do NOT say that to be mean or snarky. I just think this type of thing has happened too often in too short a time to be a simple mistake.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  14. #114
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    The red accessories from the Weapons Rack are meant to be a nod to Man-E-Weapons.
    Those accessories were brownish red. Not RED, red. I still wish they waited to release the red weapons in a Weapons Pack. Now we'll never have a matching weapons set for the Weapons Rack. I have 10 of those damn sets because Mattel accidentally sent my order TWICE! Long story...would have lost $30 to send it all back.

    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Not if he, or Terry, or whoever, assembled or labeled the pieces of the 4H prototype incorrectly.

    Each piece is likely labeled and then mailed to the factory, where people then coordinate the production. If the forearms were labeled incorrectly (as is what likely happened with both Roboto and King Hssss), that would be the fault of someone at Mattel.

    I still maintain the theory that someone has dyslexia. I do NOT say that to be mean or snarky. I just think this type of thing has happened too often in too short a time to be a simple mistake.
    All of this makes a lot of sense. I can see it. I failed a Geography test in grade 9 because I put down a number as 89 instead of 98 (for example). EVERY answer referred to that number. So, even though I did everything else "correct" according to my number, since I wrote it down backwards, I failed. I'm not dyslexic, but I think I might be "number dyslexic" if that's a thing. It's happened to me on a handful of occasions, so I'm ULTRA careful when I do stuff with numbers. I check it three times first, now.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; May 21, 2012 at 08:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  15. #115
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sanford, FL
    Posts
    1,292
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Well my day of sale Stinkor arrived today and it's a great figure. Smell isn't very strong at all almost like a new toy smell.
    Also I didn't care for the plain blue weapons and had planned in advance to slightly customize Stinkor when he arrived so I got a bottle of Model Masters true blue pearl acrylic paint and touched up his tanks and weapons, but then he was still missing something that I loved on the staction so I painted thin flexible hose the pearl blue and added them to the tanks & mask

    I PRESENT MY CUSTOM MOTUC STINKOR


    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...tomstinkor.jpg

    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...omStinkor3.jpg

    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...omStinlor1.jpg

    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...omstinkor2.jpg
    Where did you get the hose?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

    Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

  16. #116
    Heroic Warrior Nekk-ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,001



  17. #117
    Heroic Warrior Slave2Evil_Lyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,712
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Well my day of sale Stinkor arrived today and it's a great figure. Smell isn't very strong at all almost like a new toy smell.
    Also I didn't care for the plain blue weapons and had planned in advance to slightly customize Stinkor when he arrived so I got a bottle of Model Masters true blue pearl acrylic paint and touched up his tanks and weapons, but then he was still missing something that I loved on the staction so I painted thin flexible hose the pearl blue and added them to the tanks & mask
    I've been thinking about painting on the missing accents on his accessories as well. They look so much better with just that little bit of pearlized blue.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

  18. #118
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Where did you get the hose?
    I got them from my Silent Screamers Metropolis figure. I painted them with the True Blue Pearl acrylic paint, then very slowly and carefully drilled holes just deep enough in the tank & mask to have a indentation to set the hose in with glue.
    the drill bit was just a hair wider than the hose so it was a very tiny drill bit.


  19. #119
    Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Neoternia
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    My Stinkor has no odor as well. I'm very disappointed in this. My Slushhead's tentacle-arms won't stay in either. Very disappointed.
    My Stinkor has a light odor. Slush Head's tentacles won't stay in either. I'll just have to display him sans them and they'll just be attachments that pop out of his backpack.

    Spector feels alright in hand. And he is great to mix and match parts. Whatever your feelings, I think you can find a way to utilize him.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

  20. #120
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    My Stinkor has a light odor. Slush Head's tentacles won't stay in either. I'll just have to display him sans them and they'll just be attachments that pop out of his backpack.

    Spector feels alright in hand. And he is great to mix and match parts. Whatever your feelings, I think you can find a way to utilize him.
    Can you post some pics of Spector? Haven't seen anyone post any.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

  21. #121
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,095

    HILARIOUS!!!! Catra runs away screaming.... Stinkor sighs, and bounces off after her!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  22. #122
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    175
    I had trouble with the tentacles too until I figured out what way they actually fit in. They will make a SNAP sound and they will stay in place. Fool around with it and it should work

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    My Stinkor has a light odor. Slush Head's tentacles won't stay in either. I'll just have to display him sans them and they'll just be attachments that pop out of his backpack.

    Spector feels alright in hand. And he is great to mix and match parts. Whatever your feelings, I think you can find a way to utilize him.

  23. #123
    Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Neoternia
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Can you post some pics of Spector? Haven't seen anyone post any.
    Here you go.



    Quote Originally Posted by DCComicsguy View Post
    I had trouble with the tentacles too until I figured out what way they actually fit in. They will make a SNAP sound and they will stay in place. Fool around with it and it should work
    Thanks! I'll work on it!

    UPDATE: Got it!!! They popped in, and can pop back out.
    Last edited by Jon-O; May 21, 2012 at 10:46pm.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

  24. #124
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    Woah, look at that grimace (the facial expression, not the purple McDonald's thing...). I didn't realize he looked so serious! Was his facial expression always that extreme? I think he looks great though. He's one of the few figures that has looked pretty consistent through prototype, sample and production.

    Thanks for sharing your picture. I really can't wait to see some Mighty Spector adventures from folks on here. Especially Alexx.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  25. #125
    Heroic Warrior Paul Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    838
    Wow Stinkor stinks, never had him as a kid. I put him away in the display case early Saturday morning, I get home late Saturday night and sit on the couch to catch up on my morning cartoons, and I still strongly smell Stinkor. I'm wondering what is going on, the display case is too far away, then I look down, and see his alternate head sitting on the coffetable in front on me.

    Can't get Slushheads attachments to snap in, but you guys say keep trying, so I will when I get home tonight from work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •