Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slush Head is Almost Gone now too! (Now Sold Out!)

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar

Slush Head is Almost Gone now too! (Now Sold Out!)

Great to see Slush Head seemingly sell well too.

.... now bring on Quakke!!!

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    Come on Slushster, you can do it!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yay! This makes me very happy to read. He didn't have a second head or another character he can easily become to make him sell quicker. Go slushy!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I love Slush Head! Pleased to see he's selling well!

Well, it's about time?! Seriously.
    – No comment.

Glad to hear that he's almost gone as well. I'll be even more glad once he's on my shelf with all of my other figures.

I'm sure they just marked him that way so that people will think that NA characters sell just as well as other character.

But, seriously, I'm thrilled. Before MOTU Classics, I didn't even know about NA, now I think they are some of the most interesting designs in the Classics line and I cannot wait to see how they do more of them. I'm hoping we see Sagitar in a beast slot soon and maybe another standard size figure before the year is out.

I have nothing against NA or the character, but I passed on this one. I guess I'm alone in this based on the figure's praise, but I cannot abide the lack of head articulation. It's very important to me, as the subtle poses of the head are often what really makes the figures come alive in my display. In any pictures of him I've seen, he looks like an awkward half-statue who can only stare straight ahead.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I have nothing against NA or the character, but I passed on this one. I guess I'm alone in this based on the figure's praise, but I cannot abide the lack of head articulation. It's very important to me, as the subtle poses of the head are often what really makes the figures come alive in my display.
    I REALLY like MOTUC Slush Head, but I also agree with this. If they made him with head articulation it would have been awesome. It would have been even MORE awesome if they designed his dome like Zordon of Power Rangers, so it could come off (but also be filled with water). I would have LOVED to take pictures of Flipshot standing over Slushy laying down, head turned to the side with his dome on the ground and a little pool of water. PERFECT defeated picture, which is impossible to take/stage now.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    Great to see Slush Head seemingly sell well too.

.... now bring on Quakke!!!
    I disagree. Next Mutant has to be the leader dude.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I REALLY like MOTUC Slush Head, but I also agree with this. If they made him with head articulation it would have been awesome. It would have been even MORE awesome if they designed his dome like Zordon of Power Rangers, so it could come off (but also be filled with water). I would have LOVED to take pictures of Flipshot standing over Slushy laying down, head turned to the side with his dome on the ground and a little pool of water. PERFECT defeated picture, which is impossible to take/stage now.
    Yeah. I do like the design, but as soon as I saw his head didn't turn, I got turned off completely. At this point the only way I could get convinced is if Matthew K does a mind-blowing photo review, or if I get crazy for NA characters later on.
    I am glad to see him doing well, but there's really no excuse for the dome not being able to turn.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I disagree. Next Mutant has to be the leader dude.
    Yep i agree, it has too be Flogg, if it is a hero then Hydron i guess or sagitar would be good. I really want Flogg.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Yep i agree, it has too be Flogg, if it is a hero then Hydron i guess or sagitar would be good. I really want Flogg.
    I agree, Flogg would be awesome!

Heroic Warrior
    I really like the look of this figure and can't wait to get mine. Glad that he's selling well.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Also glad to see he's doing well. NA character designs (aside from He-man, which looks extra stupid IMO) are all entertaining to me and I can't wait to get Slushy. I also really want Flogg now, and Hydron.

Is anyone buying up extras, not filling them with water and then waiting for the eventual "water destroys the paint after a couple of months" quality issue, only to resell the good versions at highly inflated prices?

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    There will be no water touching mine. I'm not even afraid of the paint loss, I just fear it'll end up with some scum line I can't clean, or a constant fogginess to the dome or something similar.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Yeah, I am not planning to fill mine up either. Same reason I never touched Snout Spout's trunk since the moment I opened him and I rarely ever touch my DC Clayface's arms.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Very happy to see Slushy is selling well! He looks fantastic.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

When did Slush Head sell out? Before or after The Mighty Spector?

Being that he just sold out today, well after TMS.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMendoc View Post
    When did Slush Head sell out? Before or after The Mighty Spector?
    Sometime before 1:30pm EST today; he was gone when I went to check on my subscription order.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Yeah, I am not planning to fill mine up either. Same reason I never touched Snout Spout's trunk since the moment I opened him and I rarely ever touch my DC Clayface's arms.
    Or King Hisss snake form arms.
    Pasta la vista, baby!

Hoping for some more NA figures in MOTUC... at least 12 more!

Sheesh, how many MOTUC figures are there with really bad QC issues anyway?

Heroic Warrior
    Sheesh, how many MOTUC figures are there with really bad QC issues anyway?
    From what I can remember immediately :

Severe or multiple QC issues : Green Goddess (exploding pelvis, fragile neck), Snout Spout (decaying "bendy" trunk), Roboto (reversed shoulders, cracking torso), King Hssss (reversed shoulders, crotch piece that hinders legs movement, fragile bendable snakes), Swiftwind (two left or right legs, problem with wings attachments), King Grayskull (1st version SDCC - bad quality plastic, breakable. Reversed shoulders)

Bad QC issues : Bow (crotch piece that hinders legs movement), Stinkor (reversed forearms), Fearless Photog (cracking lens), He-Man (first release - reversed shoulders), the Wind Raider vehicle (1st vehicle in the line, and we already got some missing laser canons and/or rudder)

And I didn't even include the numerous ankles problems and bad paint apps...

I'm happy that Slushead sold out. Hopefully, there won't be any QC issues with him.
    Last edited by Prahvus; May 19, 2012 at 06:47am.