Thread: Peekablue...is a dude?!!

Peekablue...is a dude?!!

File this away as something you probably didn't expect to read today...

So I was reading up on peafowl (sounds exciting, doesn't it?) and I discovered that the females don't have blue tail feathers. The closest they come is in a dull green. Only males have feathers that appear blue - which makes for some interesting gossip about Peekablue!

Either the coloring works much differently on Etheria or Peekablue is secretly a dude!

(I wonder if I just inspired some bizarre fan fiction... )
    Check out my Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power fan comic web series at http://cosmiccomicrealm.weebly.com and leave feedback at my blog http://cosmiccomicrealm.blogspot.ca

Quote Originally Posted by ZacMasters View Post

So I was reading up on peafowl (sounds exciting, doesn't it?) and I discovered that the females don't have blue tail feathers. The closest they come is in a dull green. Only males have feathers that appear blue - which makes for some interesting gossip about Peekablue!

Either the coloring works much differently on Etheria or Peekablue is secretly a dude!

You are right, female peacocks donīt have those feathers but in the POP/MOTU world are quite a few things different. For example:

Mosquitor seem to be male but only female mosquitos do sting and are sucking blood.

Male bees are only born or needed if a queen needs a mate. They donīt have a sting and are unable to collect food. Without the hive and its female population, they canīt protect themselves and donīt even know to survive. So Buzz-Off as a fighter and protector is not possible, maybe he is female as well....?

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    You are right, female peacocks donīt have those feathers but in the POP/MOTU world are quite a few things different. For example:

Mosquitor seem to be male but only female mosquitos do sting and are sucking blood.

Male bees are only born or needed if a queen needs a mate. They donīt have a sting and are unable to collect food. Without the hive and its female population, they canīt protect themselves and donīt even know to survive. So Buzz-Off as a fighter and protector is not possible, maybe he is female as well....?
    Geez...

Way to ruin the fun!

It seems in the POP/MOTU world there are quite a few sexual trait crossovers. Clawdeen is female but in our world only male lions have the mane.
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ZacMasters View Post

maybe we'll see bizarre fan fiction. but I just chalk it up to a nice twist on things or rule 63. take your pick.

I had heard that in the world of birds that the male has all the colors. the femals are the dull drab colors so they can blend in with there nest and be with her eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I had heard that in the world of birds that the male has all the colors. the femals are the dull drab colors so they can blend in with there nest and be with her eggs.
    You have a valid point. The Whispering Woods are brightly colored so maybe Peekablue does fit in with her surroundings.

Etherian peafowl are not constrained to the same evolutionary traits as their Earth counterparts.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Beautiful.

It occours to me that if She's male then Lorena from "Barbie as Rapunzel" must be too (she wears a peacock looking dress)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Peek-a-Blue is actually a lot more linked with Argus than actual peacocks. Argus was a greek mythological character who had a hundred eyes. The myth tells that when he failed keeping at least one eye open, he was killed and his eyes are now visible on the peacock' s lower back feathers (because those large blue feathers are the sacral feathers and not the tail). So, we maybe should consider Peak-a-Blue as a female Argus more than a peacock lady. Remember that the eyes on her feathers have real visual abilities...

Heroic Warrior
    Wow! I had no idea I was going to learn so much from this thread. I guess it's safe to say that Eternian and Etherian nature can be quite different than our own.

Quote Originally Posted by cringer75 View Post
    Wow! I had no idea I was going to learn so much from this thread. I guess it's safe to say that Eternian and Etherian nature can be quite different than our own.
    I never thought we'd all come away a little more educated for having read this thread.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power fan comic web series at http://cosmiccomicrealm.weebly.com and leave feedback at my blog http://cosmiccomicrealm.blogspot.ca

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    PeekABlue is also 'Queen's Knight' on my Masters Chessboard.

giving females, male tail feathers. giving female lions and males mane. this smells like a secret evil cross-dressing gay conspiracy perpetrated by the liberal media.

i chuckle everytime i see the title of this thread pop up.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.