Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Save man-at-arms

Save man-at-arms

Please reply if you DO NOT WANT MAN AT ARMS DIE
    Is stupid the way he go to the snakemen÷s arms. He is a scientist not a EMOTIONAL guy.
    He must die killing king hiss or something ....
    Duncan is the second main character ...
    Please Mattel ... 1st....learn to write scripts.
    vote and send to Matterl, join to us.
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

Kill him as is and let the story move forward.

He's still alive in the DC comics.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Kill him as is and let the story move forward.
    I agree. It's done, let's move on. Nothing can or will be done to change the bio, especially since these figures are most likely produced and on their way to Mattel.

Best way to approach this

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    We could write slogans on water towers...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Despite what we're being told now, Man-At-Arms was not going to die in MYP (as per interviews with those working on MYP). Also, Mattel said they want to explore "He-Ro: Son of He-Man" and both Man-At-Arms and the Sorceress are alive in the future:

So much for the bios continuing the story, being written to "allow the most figures possible." Killing these two off does not allow for the future versions of themselves to be made...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Save Man-at-Arms from WHAT !? In my cannon, he's still alive and a good guy. Please don't let some stupid bios bring you down. You have an imagination and a brain (well, at least, I think you do), so you create your own story. After all, that's what actions figures are all about...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Despite what we're being told now, Man-At-Arms was not going to die in MYP (as per interviews with those working on MYP). Also, Mattel said they want to explore "He-Ro: Son of He-Man" and both Man-At-Arms and the Sorceress are alive in the future:

http://old.he-man.org/cartoon/exclus...iblepage33.jpg

So much for the bios continuing the story, being written to "allow the most figures possible." Killing these two off does not allow for the future versions of themselves to be made...
    This line never makes figures of dead characters

It's done. Can we please Move on?

Who cares about the son of he-man saga. Scott said Maybe one day not that they would do that story for sure.

Characters die so that story lines move on and other characters advance with in the story. Soceress died Teela replaced her. Duncan died as a snakeman in battle with Clamp champ who replaced him as Man-At-Arms. I think it's great that the bio's aren't all hearts & flowers
    Last edited by mjw41; May 16, 2012 at 04:34pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Man-At-Arms is alive and well in everyone else's canon except Toyguru's.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I thought it was fairly obvious that the bios weren't going to hold true 100% to the various eras in MOTU. For example, the setting for The New Adventures of He-Man originally took place in the far distant future where only He-Man and Skeletor were involved (and to a degree, The Sorceress). However, in the Classics continuity things have changed dramatically, where NA does not take place in the future, but rather after The Second Ultimate Battleground. In addition, She-Ra and others follow He-Man into space due to Skeletor trying to establish dominion over the Horde Empire, which obviously doesn't remotely come close to what transpired in NA's first season.

I'm all for moving the story forward, as there were no definitive plans to have a definite conclusion to the Filmation cartoon. A second season for New Adventures never saw the light of day, and given what Mr. Jack Olesker had in mind for Season 2, it could have been something special. MYP got axed, and as we all know there was going to be quite a few surprises in store, some of which have been touched on in the bios. Rather than be stuck in a perpetuous loop, I'm glad to see the story evolve to a degree. I'd certainly much rather have a story unfold in a new cartoon, but that being said I eagerly anticipate the new mini-series to see this new spin where the Sorceress and Man-At-Arms are alive and well. While some of the bios leave something to be desired, ie. Demo-Man's being all about Skeletor and not about DM himself, if you don't like 'em, just ignore 'em .

Regards,
    Victor P.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    This line never makes figures of dead characters
    Characters from the PAST. How can they explain releasing Man-At-Arms and The Sorceress as they would appear 13 years in the FUTURE (Dare's age) if they are already dead? Would they become re-animated, zombified like Megator? Can't be done. Mattel's stories are limiting characters!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    And it's the Mighty Spector that's dead in everyone's canon! With the exception of vocal 2 who love him.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I too choose to abandon the MAA is dead thing, and disregard the whole turned to snake thing....although only for the comic and another set of MAA armor, will I be getting the SMAA....I have a naked MAA buck left from my Filmation MAA custom, and a little paint, and Bam new armor for regular MAA.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Not in mine, I killed him a long time ago and Snake Man at Arms is the reanimated corps of Duncan snakefied!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Characters from the PAST. How can they explain releasing Man-At-Arms and The Sorceress as they would appear 13 years in the FUTURE (Dare's age) if they are already dead? Would they become re-animated, zombified like Megator? Can't be done. Mattel's stories are limiting characters!
    Not when you introduce time travel! He-Man can team up with He-Ro and King Grayskull!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Classic mate!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

The bios were to get as many characters as possible, not as many variants as possible. Character selection is broadened with the death of characters because new characters come in to fill their role. Future M@As and Sorceress are not new characters, they are variants.

http://old.he-man.org/cartoon/exclus...iblepage33.jpg

From the Q&A for this month:

Is "Son of Heman" going to be part of MOTUC canon? I'll take "keep reading the bios" as a yes.

"We would love to get to this realm of the lore in time. But no plans to announce right now".

This in no way means it's going to happen Darkspecter, so don't hang your hat on it.

Court Magician OptimusOfGrayskull's Avatar
    Man-At-Arms is alive and his name is Clamp Champ

Not when you introduce time travel! He-Man can team up with He-Ro and King Grayskull!
    Time travel can get mucky though!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    The bios were to get as many characters as possible, not as many variants as possible. Character selection is broadened with the death of characters because new characters come in to fill their role. Future M@As and Sorceress are not new characters, they are variants.
    How is character selection being broadened? New characters aren't being introduced. It's just leading to never before seen variants of other, existing characters: Sorceress Teela and Clamp Champ-At-Arms. I don't see how that's different from variant MAA and Sorceress.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    From the Q&A for this month:

Is "Son of Heman" going to be part of MOTUC canon? I'll take "keep reading the bios" as a yes.

"We would love to get to this realm of the lore in time. But no plans to announce right now".

This in no way means it's going to happen Darkspecter, so don't hang your hat on it.
    I saw that. I think there was an earlier quote that said something about that era having something to do with Evil-Lyn going to the future in her BG Evil-Lyn bio. Dare is NOT Skeletor's son though. TG answered my question flat out on that issue and I'm VERY happy with that answer. We'll just have to wait and see. I hope it happens though! I would love some of these characters. Dare, He-Ro & Battle Bird, King Adam/He-Man, Kay-La and sexy Evil-Lyn are my most wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusOfGrayskull View Post
    Man-At-Arms is alive and his name is Clamp Champ
    Well said sir

Heroic Warrior
    In the current mini comic He-man travels to the past so maybe he kills King Hssss or something and changes the future saving Man-At-Arms (Duncan). Mattel could just be using the bios to throw us off course until we get the final mini comic. At any rate, this is just one of many incarnations of the MOTU storylines and not a definitive one. Accept any reality you want. In my canon he is still alive and Hsss is long gone after he ate his own head.

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    My figure looks pretty alive to me.