Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.79!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    That's just the common way that they state things when referring to future figures that haven't been officially announced yet. It doesn't mean that he's not on the table or likely to be produced, it just means that they are being coy about it to not make a definitive statement about a figure that hasn't officially been announced yet. It's nothing new, and it doesn't mean anything.
    Ah ok gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    The snout spout answer really ticks me off. Mine was broken in the package, called Matty the day I received them and they did not have replacement stock. Can't really get it replaced, now, can you?
    Yeah, that one made me mad too even though I didn't buy Snout Spout. So, if he's not considered defective, and more than just a few are broken, then it can only mean that it was designed to work that way. "He was not defective." - Mattel. This is a dishonest statement. Call it a lie or not, it is deceptive and manipulative. I hate it when Matty insults our intelligence like that. It's those kinds of answers that make people so upset with TG, and that give support to those who would call Mattel liars.

I want to play nice, and I want to have positive feelings for Mattel and for TG, but this kind of statement makes that impossible for me. Don't lie to me. I can see through your statements - it's just legal speak. If you want me as a fan to overlook mistakes and look at this line like a fan rather than just a customer, then you have to be upfront with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    Gotta call BS on the Snout Spout answer... the figure IS defective / the figure's trunk material IS defective. Mine is STILL IN THE PACKAGE, mint condition, and the TRUNK IS SPLITTING. I also think it is really lame that the person who answered this question directed the readers to customer service when he/she knows full well there is no stock and no viable or reasonable "replacement" solution.

If the answer to this question is an example of the "improved" customer service that we're going to get from Matty thanks to their new "internal" division, then color me underwhelmed and highly unimpressed. 8 shades of the color wrong [answer].

Can you tell I'm mad?
    Why would you get mad just because someone lied to you? Why get mad when someone who takes your money lies to you in order to keep taking your money? I see no reason to get mad

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    And I don't think they should be altering the 4H's designs, at least not before going over it with them as the 4H may have a better solution. I guess it's Mattel's right to do so, but changing Stinkor's forearms was clearly a controversial decision that was not liked by many. For Stinkor's sculpt, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Instead, fix Snout Spout.
    Amen to that Val! Don't fix Stinkor - a nearly perfect figure. Fix Snout Spout. Or King Hsss. Or Roboto. Or GG, or Digital River, or Cornerstone Logistics, or the inept PR department blah blah blah.......

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    It's funny, Mattel just released info about how to get a refund your Stay Puft, and it's exactly the right tone and execution for these situations:

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...StayPuftRefund

Which kind of makes the stance taken with Snout Spout even more strange.
    And I read that and was feeling a little bad for being so negative about Mattel's handling of MOTUC. But this is the last straw. I wont' feel bad about being negative against this line again. They are playing me for a fool. If someone is a jerk to you only 33% of the time, does that make them a good friend? Nope. Mattel stinks. MOTU is awesome. I can separate the two.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    While I agree that the response to Snout Spout is a problem--to suggest people should be fired over the altered appearance of a figure (Stinkor) is a little silly don't you think?
    I'm not advocating that anyone be fired. But everyone at Mattel's job essentially comes down to making toys that will sell, or supporting the effort to make those toys. And any employee that gets in the way of making and delivering the product to as many customers as possible should have their future with the company evaluated. I mean with Mattel, it's all about money. And to get that money, it's all about the toys. You mess up the toys, you mess up the cash flow, you have to go.

Now sure people make mistakes and I don't advocate for firing people after 1 mistake. But this whole transforming a prototype into a production piece process has gone wrong many times and in many ways. So I think some re-evaluation of the people who perform that task is called for. It is costing Mattel sales.
    Last edited by jibernish; May 18, 2012 at 09:32am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    To Mattel: If you guys want to talk about Stinkor's issue don't ever put it in the same conversation as Battlegroud Evil-lyn's forearms, She-ra's head, Sorceress's wings or Horde Prime's torso. Enough of that already! Some of your fans will just not eat that crap and we're starting to get really sick of that BS talk over and over again. Stop it!

Stinkor's swap of forearms will never - and was never intended to - solve any functional problem with the figure or create a logical aesthetical upgrade, because that problem was never there in the first place. Instead it will only lead to an aesthetical aberration due to improperly placing of the forearms, creating an anatomical imperfection. As seen previously with King Hsss and Roboto, where an entire run of figures got incorrectly assembled.

And by the way, just go ahead and listen to Roast Gooble Dinner episode 43 and hear what Emilliano has to say about that. By that time he was talking about King Hsss, but it's just nice to hear that the same points could be brought to discuss what's wrong with Stinkor. Pretty cool huh?

So it's obvious that you should discuss Stinkor's situation alongside King Hsss's and Roboto's swapped limbs. This was a mistake. If it was on purpose or not I don't care. It should be acknowledge by Mattel as a bad decision at the very least.

I know that this was already talked about and we have already made our point, but I will keep bringing this up anytime we get these BS answers from Mattel about their screw ups.

I'm not ok with having more figures ruined in the future, and just have Mattel telling us to live with it and enjoy our defective figures. So I will continue to battle, trying to prevent this to ever happen again.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    These answers are beyond infuriating. I know for me, I'm done with the sub after this year. Hold Ram Man hostage as a sub exclusive all you want, Mattel. I'm done blindly giving you my money after the nonsense that's been pulled regarding these type of issues.

And before you come on here later this year lamenting about the decrease in sub sales for next year, look to your actions that drive collectors away from the subs. MOTUC fans have been loyal beyond reason, but I seriously think that limit is being reached. We are sick of your bs rhetoric. Frankly I would expect to see Scott or anyone else who starts that finger pointing crap at the fans when those sub numbers dip once again to get flamed beyond belief. Mattel fully owns all of the blame for any of the fallout that occurs.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I think money back offer for Snout Spout would be a fair move on Mattel, if breakage is wide spread (I do not have the figure or know the stats). However, I think comparing toys to cars is not good way to do since they are SLIGHTLY more expensive and subject to different laws. Lets say if you bought something else with equal price like a T-shirt, and the do comparing the two. Its not the 100% same thing still, but it is step closer.

Of course, when next thing comes, comparisons to cars, apartments, TVs and whatnot continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    I think money back offer for Snout Spout would be a fair move on Mattel, if breakage is wide spread (I do not have the figure or know the stats). However, I think comparing toys to cars is not good way to do since they are SLIGHTLY more expensive and subject to different laws. Lets say if you bought something else with equal price like a T-shirt, and the do comparing the two. Its not the 100% same thing still, but it is step closer.

Of course, when next thing comes, comparisons to cars, apartments, TVs and whatnot continues.
    well since they seem to be doing it with Stay Puff maybe they will consider it.... Cross Fingers Now....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Look at it this way, I don't have the figure myself, but 2 of my 3 local collector friends, have him, and both MOSC, and both snouts have cracked and are showing the blue foam or whatever material is used, one separated back, and you can see the wire a tiny bit....and as I said, neither have been touched, and one actually keeps his in a climate controlled display room, with very little daylight. And what's funny is he has the vintage Snout, MOSC and he looks like day one minty fresh, yet the few month old new Snout, is crumbling....not defective? OK.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I think the point still stands. If a T-shirt started to fall apart after a week or so, or the sleeve fell apart in the package, it'd still be defective and not just considered normal wear and tear. That's the point. The price is immaterial. It's just the point of not calling something defective when it clearly is.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I was told there were none for replacements and got a refund minus shipping. Horrible.
    Is that even legal? I'm pretty sure that if an item is defective or the problem is their error, they are responsible for shipping costs as well. Seriously, you should file a complaint with your state's office of the Attorney General.

To those who are saying it probably isn't Scott answering the questions. I agree. It probably isn't. To me it doesn't sound like him at all.

However, with that said, these are still official Mattel answers right? If this person is not supposed to be speaking on behalf of Mattel then they shouldn't be answering the questions. With that in mind, we have every reason to treat these as just what they are: Official Mattel statements that reflect upon the original author, Scott and Mattel as a whole.

Am I wrong?
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    4. bskcase: Since it is clear that Snout Spout was defective, can we have a re-release of the figure with a solid plastic snout down the line? I think we are owed that.

He was not defective.
    Last edited by Snake Hunter; May 22, 2012 at 09:12am.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove