Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Horde Prime Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Horde Prime Video Review by Pixel Dan

I wasn't expecting this one so soon, but look who showed up on my doorstep today!

Horde Prime is here!

As always, any additional questions, just ask!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Yay I have been waiting for this review!!
    Thanks Dan!!

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    He looks great, just like the rest of the MOTUC figures!
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

Thanks Dan, checking it out now!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Thanks for yet another excellent video review Dan!

Ha! I think it's awesome that they put a TMS head in there. LOL.

I adore the look of this figure. He just looks so impressive and imposing. The Kirby-esque helmet looks amazing to me. I am not in love with the fact that his cape just sits on him. I find this annoying no Faceless one too. It's an okay solution, but it limits him to just sort of standing there looking imposing because you can only raise his arms so high. It's okay to me.

It's interesting that he's taller! I like that. I also like that he uses the abbed mid-section versus the flat version. Having both hands removable is awesome. I kind of miss the old crossbow design but this turned out well. I can see a red version of the crossbow being included in a weapons back for Hurricane Hordak.

The cape doesn't look as great on the Spector buck as I had hoped with the UK head. The UK head is still fun. I might try to do something with that some day.

Heroic Warrior
    Great review as usual Dan- I really liked the humor you injected into this one on top of that! Thanks for showing us the UK head on a Spector body as well!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Ha! I think it's awesome that they put a TMS head in there. LOL.

I adore the look of this figure. He just looks so impressive and imposing. The Kirby-esque helmet looks amazing to me. I am not in love with the fact that his cape just sits on him. I find this annoying no Faceless one too. It's an okay solution, but it limits him to just sort of standing there looking imposing because you can only raise his arms so high. It's okay to me.

It's interesting that he's taller! I like that. I also like that he uses the abbed mid-section versus the flat version. Having both hands removable is awesome. I kind of miss the old crossbow design but this turned out well. I can see a red version of the crossbow being included in a weapons back for Hurricane Hordak.

The cape doesn't look as great on the Spector buck as I had hoped with the UK head. The UK head is still fun. I might try to do something with that some day.

I'd imagine you could get away with buying an extra cape from someone on the marketplace here and fixing it with an exacto Jon?
    Last edited by vertigoink; May 17, 2012 at 12:44am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    Seems pointless to send the figure to Dan without the head.
    Looks cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Great review as usual Dan- I really liked the humor you injected into this one on top of that! Thanks for showing us the UK head on a Spector body as well!
    I agree, that REALLY helped me decide if I should go ahead and make a UK comics perfect Horde Prime for anther display item from a Mighty Spector Body.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Awesome review, Dan! I've been waiting for this ever since we first saw Horde Prime! I've ALWAYS loved Horde Prime!

Love, love, LOVE his UK head! Still really excited Mattel was able to do the dual removable hands...and fix Roboto's shoulders! I think I preferred the simpler looking crossbow, but this one is still nice. I was skeptical about the abs when I first learned of this today in the Q&A answers, but I agree...it looks better. Too bad they made flat abs for the others, but I like this.

I will have to give Hordak's staff to Horde Prime until we get the official one (if they get it in the line somehow). Can't wait for him! I must get two! Three if I can find him cheap somewhere.

Also, Busta Toons purchased the Horde Prime background from Filmation earlier this year without the effects. Behold HORDE PRIME!

LOL @ The Mighty Spector head on Horde Prime's body. I wonder if that was a joke by Scott because of everyone saying they will use TMS' body as a base for the UK Horde Prime? So he did the reverse!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; May 17, 2012 at 12:55am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Wow, I love him. He's taller than Hordak, two interchangable hands, hidden Hordak cowl underneath the helmet, the Kirby-esque helmet, and another head yet to be seen. Hope they release that staff of his somehow.

Excited for June.

Wow. I wasn't really sold on this figure. But I am now.

Haha had me fooled for a second with TMS head! LOL

Really can't wait for this figured, loved the review, love the colors and how he stands next to Hordak too!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I'd imagine you could get away with buying an extra cape from someone on the marketplace here and fixing it with an exacto Jon?
    Oh, no doubt. I'm just lazy. Someday though it'd be a fun project.

Nice review and I'm sold on this guy already.
    FILMATION

Heroic Warrior
    I won't buy him until I see some head pics here...The rest seems to be pretty cool...

Luck is for losers GK Version 1's Avatar
    How did I know they'd send it to you minus the head?
    He looks like a cool figure. Love that he's a bit taller than Hordak. He was a pass for me before seeing him in this video, but now I'm kind of reconsidering it. I thought he looked too plain before, but I think i t's growing on me. Can't wait to see the legit head on him though!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I won't buy him until I see some head pics here...The rest seems to be pretty cool...
    What we were allowed to see:

SPOILERS This shows the test shot where we see the full head unpainted. Do NOT reveal the SPOILERS if you want to be surprised!

You can see his forehead ridge (Klingon like from Star Trek) must be what holds the helmet on. Dan shows the groove in the helmet in the video. That's pretty cool!

The helmet also reminds me of God Skeletor, from the '87 movie!

Last edited by Darkspecter; May 17, 2012 at 01:24am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Nice review Dan. Surprise you didn't show your own shoulder comity review.

Thanks

J

what a nice new!
    thanks

So if you notice, in this pic, he has 2 shades of black, gloss and flat, and many more grey paint apps, and many silver rivet highlights, all gone. The biggest loss is probably the gray on the belt. Of course the ab crunch is no longer flat, it is the muscled ab piece as well. The figure looks almost completely different now. It's all gloss black. It looks more like Darth Vader with some red highlights. It's still cool, but I can't help but feel cheated out of the horsemen's original design. Damn you profit and loss due to economic strife in the world!!!! And of course, the Mattel Design team. Darn you for the ab Crunch.
    img7844n.jpg
    Last edited by darkmoon766; May 17, 2012 at 02:04am.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    great review, as per usual, Dan.
    Does Galactus fart?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Not sure what the big deal is, given he is going to look like Hordak with big ears. I mean the dude is Hordak's brother, and if you look at all of the other pictures, he has ears sticking out of his helmet, so what is the big secret?

Nice review, but are his shoulders on correctly?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Great review, I can't wait for him, just love all the black and red. Makes me want his crossbow in red for HH now, hmmm, when are they gonna reveal that new weapons pack?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    I wasn't really looking forward to this figure at first, but now I think it has grown on me. I like the color scheme with the silvers and reds.